Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on June 13, 2022 4:37PM
    PC | EU
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you guys who need Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents, rejoice! Since the last patch, the abbey doors can be accessed post-quest! Meant to mention this awhile ago.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Rite of the Scion is still missing from the game.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too missed the Letter from Lady Arabelle hitting my key items during the quest. Does anyone know of a post quest location?
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Has Folly of Man in the Illumination Academy on Summerset been given a location outside of the quest locked room yet? I'm still missing that one
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear about Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents - I was just going to complain about it again...
    Edited by jle30303 on April 28, 2022 12:54AM
  • birdmann1230
    I’m still missing the following (PS4 NA) that aren’t mentioned as fixes in the upcoming patch notes:

Letter to Belya-this letter is not appearing next to the body by Arvinia Estate, is there another spot or a PQ for this?

Dominion Military Recritment & Tale of the Dauntless Bananas-is there a non-AD location?

These four have no PQ in Summerset?
    Journal of Justiciar Avanaire
    Letter to Lauriel
    Farewell to Lauriel
    For Captain Telomure

Vosh Rakh Orders-no PQ?

Gamyn’s Journal and Irgnar’s Journal-also no PQ?

Any help would be lovely, the maps and wiki posts haven’t helped me sort these out yet.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Why A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas hasn't been added yet to a location outside AD base so everyone can get it?

It's been a year and a half already. :(

Edited by Dragonnord on May 13, 2022 4:07PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Why A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas hasn't been added yet to a location outside AD base so everyone can get it?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/7413144/#Comment_7413144

But the Problem is: U have to know that the Book is here. But i can understand your Question :(
    Edited by Protector1981 on May 13, 2022 4:16PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/7413144/#Comment_7413144

But the Problem is: U have to know that the Book is here. But i can understand your Question :(

The bigger problem is, you have to be on the EU server.
  • EvasP
    EvasP
    Soul Shriven
    " Ragged Inscription” must also be bugged

Its nowhere to be found after the quest.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin A response on the A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas situation please?

Please Kevin, you have been tagged several times already here with no response from you.

It's been a year and a half already.

Just a small update would do. Please. :(

Edited by Dragonnord on May 23, 2022 8:34PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really get it why "A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas" is added to the dominion base and not to one of the scroll temples instead. So you would have to fight for it but you still could get it. Whoever planned the position of the book did not think about the consequences. I am just glad that i am on EU Server so i got my peek into this book...

With the upcoming update i gladly only need this book for 100% from the old ones: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Author's_Assistant_Wanted!
  • Daniel141182
    So rite of scion added yet?
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news for those who may have missed the "Letter from Lady Arabelle"

With the High Isle update the note now appears post High Isle prologue quest and is readable on a table in the tent near the quest turn-in spot.kc4l08e0exsg.png
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know exactly the book "royal messenger's fate' is from wrothgar? Looks like it was added this patch. UESP says it's in Watcher's Hold, but looking high and low I cannot find it
    Edited by Djennku on June 7, 2022 7:54AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found another bugged(?) book they added this patch. "Crumpled nursery rhyme from elsweyr
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one, 'Terran's notes' from WGT. Can't find it
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Found another bugged(?) book they added this patch. "Crumpled nursery rhyme from elsweyr

That is not bugged. It can be found post-quest at the tower icon near the aqueduct in the eastern part of Northern Elsweyr. I just got it yesterday after having completed the quest the summer the chapter came out.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know exactly the book "royal messenger's fate' is from wrothgar? Looks like it was added this patch. UESP says it's in Watcher's Hold, but looking high and low I cannot find it

This is no longer accessible where you find it during the quest. If there is a post-quest location, I have not found it.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one, 'Terran's notes' from WGT. Can't find it

Haven’t been to WGT yet this patch, but was this the note that shows up next to the quest NPC after you go through the final portal after killing Molag Kena? I can’t quite remember the name of that one, but I remember it would never stop glowing even after reading it.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 7, 2022 7:37PM
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The following have no Eidetic Memory entries and the books continue to glow after reading (locations are normalised to the zone or sub-zone):
    • "Seeking New Members!" (ID: 7168, Zone: High Isle [1318], Location: Stonelore Grove [0.526, 0.505])
    • "To Marcelle" (ID: 7318, Zone: High Isle [1318], Location: High Isle [0.608, 0.564])

@ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by Troodon80 on June 9, 2022 6:25PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the book 'ode to the nose of a woman' is available after you complete the quest to get isobel?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the book 'ode to the nose of a woman' is available after you complete the quest to get isobel?
    Also would like to know. @Djennku if you find it do please send me a PM. :smile:

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Troodon80 seems I misread the wiki on this one. It said it was from Booklover during a quest, but it never specified which one. Seems it's from a companion quest when you get her rapport high enough, and not from the starting one at all. Haven't personally done them yet, still leveling up ember.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    Created a new character and now it seems that the books related to the companion questlines ( Bastian & Miri) can no longer be obtained for I finished those questlines on another character before creating this last character. (many achievements from previous characters are being marked as finished).
    Anyone else experiencing this too and is there a solution?
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Djennku I thought the same, but judging from the Wiki, it's from the initial quest "Tournament of the Heart," in which you can talk to Nilsmon Booklover. I'm also still levelling rapport, but if you get it high enough to do the quest before me, please do post to clarify. :smile:
    No_Wan wrote: »
    Created a new character and now it seems that the books related to the companion questlines ( Bastian & Miri) can no longer be obtained for I finished those questlines on another character before creating this last character. (many achievements from previous characters are being marked as finished).
    Anyone else experiencing this too and is there a solution?
    Do you remember which books, specifically? I just went through Mirri's initial quest and got this one again:

1ilum5bv97eu.png

But that's all for this quest.

During "The Last Ambition," you can also obtain "Mairead's Diary, Entry 3," "Mairead's Diary, Entry 346," and "Mairead's Diary, Entry 712" from Doomvault Vulpinaz Upper Level. But they're not specific to Mirri and the quest to get them isn't related to her.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Systres Tomes and Scrolls:
    Adwig's Journal
    Dreadsails Communique
    Kiv's Notes
    Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman

Tomes of Tributes:
    All sixteen I needed
    Edited by Holger30 on March 13, 2023 6:54PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quit Overfeeding the Maw is also in Dreadsail Reef, tacked to a big mast near one of the long series of add pulls before the final boss.
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    These are the books I'm looking for.
    Quests are all done so I'm looking for the post quest locations.

Bookset Book Questline
    Books of Blackwood Letter From Inalieth Things Lost and Found Post quest location?
    Books of Blackwood Letter From Quistley Silvelle Things Lost and Found Post quest location?
    Daedric Cults Elegian's Notes Deadlands Proloque Post quest location?
    Wrothgar Writings Royal Messenger's Fate Watcher's Hold (Wrothgar) Post quest location?

Thx in advance for any suggestions.