The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• yunfangoldhag
    yunfangoldhag
    ✭✭
    Hi !

First time posting in this thread :3 I've been trying to collect all eidetic memory books... Could someone help me with those few I'm missing ?

Elegian's Notes - I "took" it during the Deadlands prologue's quest but I couldn't read it then. Now I can't go back to the Waking flame camp but there must be a post-quest location since we can't read it during the prologue quest ?
    Secret history of the Longhouse Emperors - no location on UESP :(
    On the Nature of Oblivion - couldn't find it in ardent hope's tower of conviction...

Additionally, does anyone know if those books are still bugged/unobtainable or if they now have a post-quest location ?

Merchant Lord's Compiled Documents (final room of Zenithar's Abbey)
    Ashlander tribes and customs (feels like this one has been bugged for ages???)
    The festival-related books (The Undaunted Need You! etc.)

Thank you for your help :)
    Chancellor of "House Tertia" (PC EU) - Casual, Mature & Friendly Guild, PvE/social (housetertia.com)
    Master Crafter, Lore Enthusiast, Raid Leader, Fishing mapper, Healer, DD & Tank
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    Additionally, does anyone know if those books are still bugged/unobtainable or if they now have a post-quest location ?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/7483862/#Comment_7483862
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/7490704/#Comment_7490704

Greetings, Welanduz

Das Leben ist einfach zu kurz um es wirklich ernst zu nehmen!
  • yunfangoldhag
    yunfangoldhag
    ✭✭
    Welanduz wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/7483862/#Comment_7483862
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/7490704/#Comment_7490704

Greetings, Welanduz

Thanks for the trick ^^' Somehow I hadn't seen those comments when I used the forum's search bar.
    Chancellor of "House Tertia" (PC EU) - Casual, Mature & Friendly Guild, PvE/social (housetertia.com)
    Master Crafter, Lore Enthusiast, Raid Leader, Fishing mapper, Healer, DD & Tank
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    Secret history of the Longhouse Emperors - no location on UESP :(

Someone added following information in the comments section of the addon LoreBooks:
    • Secret History of the Longhouse Emperors - u32_dreaded={{.278,.292,3205}},
    • On the Nature of Oblivion - Bookshelf - u32_fargrave={{.432,.286,3208}},
    • Elegian's Notes - u31_culthideaway={{.731,.3,1680}},
    Unfortunealy i don't know how to interpret this information or add it to the lorebooks database. Anyone can help with this?

Greetings, Welanduz
    Edited by Welanduz on January 17, 2022 7:07PM
    Das Leben ist einfach zu kurz um es wirklich ernst zu nehmen!
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    This page was included in a later update after the initial DLC was released, meaning anyone who completed the quest titled The Lost Scout's Report on launch cannot obtain this page.

Warden's Orders of the Day
    This page is part of the The Durance Vile quest. If it isn't found and read during the quest, and can be easily missed, it disappears after the quest is completed and prevents the collection of this book and reading in the future.

Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Activates the quest titled The Ghostwriter of Giovesse. However, if not read from the inventory, it will be removed upon completion and won't be able to collect/read it later.

There should be post-quest locations for each of these books.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • GreenbeanLover
    GreenbeanLover
    Soul Shriven
    Have they added post quest locations for the lore books associated with the Savage Truths quest in Summerset been added yet? Haven't seen much chatter about it in the past year so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello does anyone know if you can get back in Deadlight realm, Deadlands
    To pick up a missing book called: Improved cataclyst model

Thanks
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Hello does anyone know if you can get back in Deadlight realm, Deadlands
    To pick up a missing book called: Improved cataclyst model

Thanks
    Yes, you can. See inside the spoiler.
    There is a portal near here, just north of The Blood Pit Wayshrine on the west side of the map:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Use the "side door":
    unknown.png

Then find the note in the top left room:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

@Anne13
    Edited by Troodon80 on January 19, 2022 4:29PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they added post quest locations for the lore books associated with the Savage Truths quest in Summerset been added yet? Haven't seen much chatter about it in the past year so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!
    Doesn't seem like it.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyammis wrote: »
    kebabthief wrote: »
    warden's orders for the day will disappear after you pick up blood pit map and blood pit prisoner roll meaning people cant get it you missed it
    k8gmx1gqv6ra.jpg
    hwa0o2tx2rit.jpg

I got hit by this bug of it despawning/not even showing up during the quest so now I have two bugged lorebooks keeping me from 100% complete. :(

ZOS please fix this and give us a chance to get the book back and Falkfir's Notes 7 for those of us who did the quest before Blackwood. It's really frustrating to have your 100% complete ruined by a bug like this.
    It's really frustrating to have your 100% complete ruined by a bug like this.

Same. :(
    Please ZOS, fix:
    - Warden's Orders for the Day
    - Falkfir's Notes 7

- FIXED ! Assassin's Order - Warden's Orders for the Day - Falkfir's Notes 7 - THANK YOU ZOS !!

Fixed

Fix.jpg

Journal of Justiciar Avanaire
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    Djennku wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can find the Journal of Justiciar Avanaire from tor-hame-khard in Summerset post quest yet? Been looking for that one for ages. That and foolish wings are my last two aside from the unreleased pages.

The Lorebook "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire" is still bugged, not fixed in Update 31.

y1xejvztdxdh.png

rtq7rbtyh1b7.png

52o96tzqgvt2.png

Edited by Gandalf_72 on April 21, 2022 2:32PM
    PC | EU
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish we could just open the doors back up to some of these post-quest inaccessible places, so we can pick up missed books or farm enemy types even.
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • TaMmEh
    TaMmEh
    ✭✭✭
    Technica wrote: »
    I do wish we could just open the doors back up to some of these post-quest inaccessible places, so we can pick up missed books or farm enemy types even.

Ive just gotten the Eidetic memory and tried to go back to Blackwood to get what i missed.. to discover I wont be able to do it as I missed some during quests and its behind a locked door!! Made me really sad that I will never be able to finish it..
    PC - NA Server - Evanora of the East - DPS Templar 1401CP
    PC - NA Server - Mallechi - DPS Nightblade
    Xbox One - NA Server - DPS Nightblade
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most have a post quest location or a workaround as to how to get them. May be worth saying which books you lack so others can help
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Most have a post quest location or a workaround as to how to get them. May be worth saying which books you lack so others can help

The one I was looking for is already on this thread and is still completely inaccessible :(
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • capcamlto
    capcamlto
    Soul Shriven
    Holger30 wrote: »

Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents is in the chapel of Zenthiar Abbey after you finish that quest on the side.

@Anyammis I am currently looking for this book but must have missed it during the quest. When you say on the side, do you mean on the side of the chapel? Or maybe on the side of exterior of the dungeon? I have spent the better part of two hours looking inside and out but cannot find it. Thanks!
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very important:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7516069#Comment_7516069

Pls write your comments and ideas in that thread.
    Thanks a lot
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy everyone! Just wanted to pop in and also say that i have issues too with the wardens order of the day & Falkfyr's notes page 7 books being unobtainable. I've submitted bug reports in game.

A quick question, how long did it take you guys to get the last Imperial City bookshelf book you missed? I am missing vol 27 of 2920, and it's been 3 weeks of checking the bookshelves once per day so far for me. Starting to lose hope.
  • erdbeerheld
    erdbeerheld
    ✭✭✭
    A quick question, how long did it take you guys to get the last Imperial City bookshelf book you missed? I am missing vol 27 of 2920, and it's been 3 weeks of checking the bookshelves once per day so far for me. Starting to lose hope.

It is still RNG (it took me about 3 weeks, but could also go up to 2 months and more). Make sure to run both CP and No-CP campaigns. I also noted down the first 2 or 3 books on my round. If they didnt change to the day before, I didnt continue with the round. The books dont reset on a daily basis.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the books generally reset every couple of days.

And remember each campaign has different books. There will be more campaigns during Midyear Mayhem - take advantage and check all of them
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy everyone! Just wanted to pop in and also say that i have issues too with the wardens order of the day & Falkfyr's notes page 7 books being unobtainable. I've submitted bug reports in game.

Don't lose hope !!!! For me it took one year... my last IC book, damn it.... !!! But when I found it... wow... I got drunk a bit to celebrate !
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City bookshelf comments don't really belong in this thread. They are not bugged or unavailable, just purposely rare and random.

In fact, the "purposely random bookshelves" everywhere now appear to be working as designed.

Can we keep an up-to-date list in this thread of things which really ARE bugged or unavailable? (Or, like the "Compiled Merchants' Orders" in Blackwood, unavailable by any practical definition because of the impossibility of getting back up to the dungeon's back entrance without help.)

• TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Imperial City bookshelf comments don't really belong in this thread. They are not bugged or unavailable, just purposely rare and random.

In fact, the "purposely random bookshelves" everywhere now appear to be working as designed.

Can we keep an up-to-date list in this thread of things which really ARE bugged or unavailable? (Or, like the "Compiled Merchants' Orders" in Blackwood, unavailable by any practical definition because of the impossibility of getting back up to the dungeon's back entrance without help.)

Well the name of thread isn`t JUST bugged lorebooks, its also comments and help.
    So the fact that people point out which set of bookshelves one need to search to find a few or several random appearing books, suits this thread perfectly.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.
    220118-002016
    210829-002130

I also reported "Author's Assistant Wanted!" over six months ago.
    210727-005067

I have also sent messages to @ZOS_Kevin in hopes we could get a response on these, or at least an acknowledgement.
    I think it was around 5-6 weeks for me. Many days had repeat occurances of books from a couple days prior. They're rare and I hated going into Imperial City every day, especially as no one at the time seemed to understand entirely how the bookshelf reset timer worked.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
  • Aero_Vision
    Aero_Vision
    Soul Shriven
    Hello guys,
    Some time ago, on my main, I started to collect lorebooks in a maniac manner.
    On this Character, I've done ALL quests already and know that some books could be found only during quests. However, some books (like: Fall of Trinimac) I've found on a random bookshelf in the DLC dungeon, so now I'm curious which books from the list below could be found in such a manner (since all the related quests, prologues are completed already)

Here's the list of the books that are missing for me in the entire game:

Books of Blackwood:
    1. Merchant Lords' Compiled Document

Daedric cults:
    1. Elegian's Notes

Dispatches from the Deadlands:
    1. Intoxicants of the Shambles
    2. Prayer of Fourfold Wrath
    3. Warden's Orders for the Day

The Reach Reader
    1. Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    Edited by Aero_Vision on February 17, 2022 1:50PM
  • capcamlto
    capcamlto
    Soul Shriven
    Hello guys,
    Some time ago, on my main, I started to collect lorebooks in a maniac manner.
    On this Character, I've done ALL quests already and know that some books could be found only during quests. However, some books (like: Fall of Trinimac) I've found on a random bookshelf in the DLC dungeon, so now I'm curious which books from the list below could be found in such a manner (since all the related quests, prologues are completed already)

Here's the list of the books that are missing for me in the entire game:

Books of Blackwood:
    1. Merchant Lords' Compiled Document

Daedric cults:
    1. Elegian's Notes

Dispatches from the Deadlands:
    1. Intoxicants of the Shambles
    2. Prayer of Fourfold Wrath
    3. Warden's Orders for the Day

The Reach Reader
    1. Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

The Merchant Lords' Compiled Document is not available if you missed it during the quest in the public dungeon. There is a way to get it after the quest if you have a friend on warden help you out. I think you can find the link for a video on how to do it on a earlier page in here.

As far as I know the Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7 is not available if you missed it during the quest. Hopefully they will add it in soon.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I think this book has been mentioned before, but I'm struggling with A Plea for the Elder Scrolls in the AD base.

I can see the glowing light that indicates an unread book, but I can't see it. Maybe it's bugged and embedded itself into the podium?

xmghnryxy96d.png

Precise location on map (I have a co-ordinates mod on the bottom also for even more precision)
    190jlc4bc9uv.png
    Edited by Technica on February 23, 2022 3:49PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I think this book has been mentioned before, but I'm struggling with A Plea for the Elder Scrolls in the AD base.

I can see the glowing light that indicates an unread book, but I can't see it. Maybe it's bugged and embedded itself into the podium?

xmghnryxy96d.png

Precise location on map (I have a co-ordinates mod on the bottom also for even more precision)
    190jlc4bc9uv.png

A Plea for the Elder Scrolls
    Here the only solution is:
    Make sure that it is impossible to obtain at this point, otherwise log out near the Temple, but in a safe place, and log in again. In my case, this trick helped me get this book (?) Try this.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

xmghnryxy96d.png

190jlc4bc9uv.png

Stand at the podium and log out/back in. That should fix it, as it did it for me.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    A Plea for the Elder Scrolls
    Here the only solution is:
    Make sure that it is impossible to obtain at this point, otherwise log out near the Temple, but in a safe place, and log in again. In my case, this trick helped me get this book (?) Try this.
    Djennku wrote: »
    Stand at the podium and log out/back in. That should fix it, as it did it for me.

Ah, thanks guys that did work. I've had to log in and out to get one before but I didn't see the glow of that book, it was just nowhere to be found so I didn't realise the relog could fix it. Thought it was just placed wrong inside the podium.

I got it now :)
  • Daniel141182
    Have they fixed the rite of scion book or any way to read it?