Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @StrangerFull Have you completed all the quests in Wrothgar? 'A Plea for Help' is read during the main quest as required reading if I recall.

Yes. I complete Wrothgar. All game quests completed in all locatiuons. But no book. This book from invenroty or some locked dungeon? If it in dungeon can I travel to player which in this dungeon (it's impossible with Hubbajad Palace in Hew's bane for example).
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    I need these books for completion of eidetic memory (some books I don't wrote because know where they must be (or random bookshelves spawns) but not find yet (other alliance books in Cyrodiil)):

1. Tome of Daedric Portals (Daedric Cults)
    2. Captain Black Sword's Jounral (Diaries and Logs)
    3. A Death Desired (Final Words)
    4. Lieutenant Jascien's Last Missive (Final Words)
    5. Letter to Sonya (Hearts and Flowers)
    6. Arrest Writ (Hew's Bane Bookshelf)
    7. Captain Evani's Log (Hew's Bane Bookshelf)
    8. The Bleak Veil Endures (Hew's Bane Bookshelf)
    9. Valiya's Cargo Manifest (Houises. Shops, and Trade)
    10. Falling (Mysterirs and Clues)
    11. Eyes of the Queen Only (Notes and Memos)
    12. Note from Commander Derre (Notes and Memos)
    13. Plea to Maximinus (Notes and Memos)
    14. Agolas's Journal (Orsinium Archive)
    15. To the Veiled Masters (Plots and Schemes)
    16. Adainaz's Journal (Research Notes)
    17. Practical Necromancy (Rituals and Revelations)
    18. Heart of Valenwood (The World and Its Creatures)
    19. A Less Rude Song (Words of the Poets)
    20. A Plea for Help (Wrothgar Writings)
    21. Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation (Wrothgar Writings)

It's all that I need. Other books can be find by me (like Respectful Greetings from Am-Shadal and Unhallowed Legions).

To developers. I thing you must transfer styles books from eidetic memory category to a new separate category "Style books" in book list. Make new caegory and transfel all style books to this category for better navigation in books.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stranger, have you cross reference your list with the original post/ spreadsheet. Many of them are either still bugged or couldn't figure out a location
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad most of the lore got fixed! Here are the remaining ones I don't have working locations for:

Diaries and Logs:
    [Malabal Tor] Nirwaen's Diary - can't find post quest

Notes and Memos:
    [Shadowfen] Eyes of the Queen Only - impossible to get if quests done in different order

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    [Alik'r Desert] Knowing Satakal - can't find

The World and Its Creatures:
    [Greenshade] Heart of Valenwood - can't find post quest

Wrothgar Writings:
    [Wrothgar] Conversion Status - can't find post quest

Hew's Bane Bookshelf:
    [Stormhaven] Arrest Writ - can't find post quest
    Edited by Oldbushie on October 16, 2016 9:02AM
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Stranger, have you cross reference your list with the original post/ spreadsheet. Many of them are either still bugged or couldn't figure out a location

Yes, I read first post and know about not fixed books yet. It's just list of books that I need and it's contain books not in list. These books can be founede but I don't kniow where.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Updated for 2.6.5

This Spreadsheet is an ongoing list of problem books: Eidetic Memory Bugged Books List

Quest
    • Larellei: Mysteries and Clues: Q: Puzzle of the Pass: can read in the Chamber of the Stone Guardian (Shrouded Pass, Rivenspire) but after quest the statues vanish and you cannot read the pedestals
    • Wenayasille: Mysteries and Clues: Q: Puzzle of the Pass: can read in the Chamber of the Stone Guardian (Shrouded Pass, Rivenspire) but after quest the statues vanish and you cannot read the pedestals
    • Morilata: Mysteries and Clues: Q: Puzzle of the Pass: can read in the Chamber of the Stone Guardian (Shrouded Pass, Rivenspire) but after quest the statues vanish and you cannot read the pedestals
    • Angalayond: Mysteries and Clues: Q: Puzzle of the Pass: can read in the Chamber of the Stone Guardian (Shrouded Pass, Rivenspire) but after quest the statues vanish and you cannot read the pedestals
    Happy Book Hunting All!

These books can be found in Rivenspire outside dungeon at stone circle

http://imgur.com/S25jiyR
    http://imgur.com/eLEp2nr
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    @Oldbushie

I got Dawn of the Exalted Viper by entering the area again as a group with someone who hadn't completed the quest; it's located in the back of the area where you fight the Exalted Viper. But now that Craglorn has been revamped and reset, you could probably get in there simply by going through the quest line again.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StrangerFull

1. Tome of Daedric Portals (Daedric Cults): not 100% sure where, but a lowbie of mine that only did Bleakrock, Bal Foyen and a bit of Stonefalls has this book read. Might be bookshelf?
    2. Captain Black Sword's Jounral (Diaries and Logs) - brand new in Update 12, no idea where to look yet
    3. A Death Desired (Final Words) - overland Sance Tor area in Cyrodiil, please check spoiler screeenshot in first post
    4. Lieutenant Jascien's Last Missive (Final Words) - at Lion's Guard Redoubt in Glenumbra, on crate next to commander
    7. Captain Evani's Log (Hew's Bane Bookshelf) - checking on
    8. The Bleak Veil Endures (Hew's Bane Bookshelf) - now located in Baharaha's Gloom
    10. Falling (Mysterirs and Clues) - checking on
    13. Plea to Maximinus (Notes and Memos) - not located yet
    15. To the Veiled Masters (Plots and Schemes) - the Altmer embassy in Elden Root, Grahtwood
    16. Adainaz's Journal (Research Notes) - not located yet
    17. Practical Necromancy (Rituals and Revelations) - bookshelf I think
    19. A Less Rude Song (Words of the Poets) - not located yet
    20. A Plea for Help (Wrothgar Writings) - adding to bugged

@StrangerFull Thank you so much for finding those! Wouldn't have even thought to look there as they are read originally a level above that location!

@Oldbushie
    Craglorn Secrets:
    [Craglorn] Dawn of the Exalted Viper - I need this too, with quests reset I am just going back through the questline to access it.

Diaries and Logs:
    [Malabal Tor] Nirwaen's Diary - bugged

Letters and Missives:
    [Cyrodiil] Letter to Grand Warlord Dortene - fixed in update 12; 9x27 southern highrock gate, behind shed at house W of temple of Alma Ruma
    [Cyrodiil] Letter to Grand Warlord Sorcalin - fixed in update 12: 57x87 eastern elsweyr gate, at base of bridge

Notes and Memos:
    [Cyrodiil] Respectful Greetings from Am-Shadal - fixed in update 12: 11x24 southern highrock gate, in ruined tower NW of scroll temple of Alma Ruma
    [Shadowfen] Eyes of the Queen Only - bugged

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    [Alik'r Desert] Knowing Satakal - checking, i seem to recall seeing this on a bookshelf though

The World and Its Creatures:
    [Greenshade] Heart of Valenwood - bugged (phases out)

Final Words:
    [Cyrodiil] Azara's Note - I haven't checked since the update but after the quest it was found in Vlastarus in Marodeen's House (quest turn in location) his house is westmost in Vlastarus (I can't recall if the house door actually says it is his house...)

Wrothgar Writings:
    [Wrothgar] Conversion Status - checking

Hew's Bane Bookshelf:
    [Stormhaven] Arrest Writ - bugged
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falling: found inside Viridian Hideaway, Bangkorai next to the brazier after you cross the bridge. (this is a crafting station location)

Conversion Status: read during quest in Paragon's Remembrance (and placed in character's quest inventory), don't see a location after quest, adding to bug list.

Captain Evani's Log: In the Dreamsnake (north facing boat in Abah's harbor) in a small room in the lower deck on the desk, does not glow, prompt says Read "Dreamsnake Captain's Log"
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for description of books places.

1. Tome of Daedric Portals (Daedric Cults) - must be quest related and locked in quest zone Lorkrata Hills inside ruins. I check this place after patch and didn't find book near entrance. Entrance locked. Maybe travel to player who inside ruins helps get this book (I got some books by this way early before fixes goes live)
    2. Practical Necromancy 100% quest related A Walk Above the Clouds in The Rift but no book at quest finish place.

Maybe I can remember some books places listed in this post which I found.
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    I need these books for completion of eidetic memory (some books I don't wrote because know where they must be (or random bookshelves spawns) but not find yet (other alliance books in Cyrodiil)):

1. Tome of Daedric Portals (Daedric Cults)
    2. Captain Black Sword's Jounral (Diaries and Logs)
    3. A Death Desired (Final Words)
    4. Lieutenant Jascien's Last Missive (Final Words)
    5. Letter to Sonya (Hearts and Flowers)
    6. Arrest Writ (Hew's Bane Bookshelf)
    7. Captain Evani's Log (Hew's Bane Bookshelf)
    8. The Bleak Veil Endures (Hew's Bane Bookshelf)
    9. Valiya's Cargo Manifest (Houises. Shops, and Trade)
    10. Falling (Mysterirs and Clues)
    11. Eyes of the Queen Only (Notes and Memos)
    12. Note from Commander Derre (Notes and Memos)
    13. Plea to Maximinus (Notes and Memos)
    14. Agolas's Journal (Orsinium Archive)
    15. To the Veiled Masters (Plots and Schemes)
    16. Adainaz's Journal (Research Notes)
    17. Practical Necromancy (Rituals and Revelations)
    18. Heart of Valenwood (The World and Its Creatures)
    19. A Less Rude Song (Words of the Poets)
    20. A Plea for Help (Wrothgar Writings)
    21. Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation (Wrothgar Writings)

It's all that I need. Other books can be find by me (like Respectful Greetings from Am-Shadal and Unhallowed Legions).

To developers. I thing you must transfer styles books from eidetic memory category to a new separate category "Style books" in book list. Make new caegory and transfel all style books to this category for better navigation in books.

@StrangerFull Where did you find Unhallowed Legions?
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Mix ! I ended up redoing the Craglorn questline to get that one book, and noted down the Cyrodiil locations you mentioned. It's gonna be a pain getting past those scroll gates...
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since DSC II was the pledge today, I took the opportunity to look for Adainaz's Journal on both normal and veteran difficulties. I even looked in the tunnel that shortcuts back to the exit after you kill Engine Guardian and I didn't find it. I know the text is related to DSC but I don't think it is in DSC II at least...have to DSC I a go-over again I guess.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭

@StrangerFull Where did you find Unhallowed Legions?

I didn't find this book. This book must be in Impertial City bookshelves, randomly spawns. Two books from these bookshelves I need but didn't find yet.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get back inside Fharun Prison to get Letter from a Prison Guard -- the well originally used for access is not interactable, and neither is the exit door inside the stronghold. I've searched the forums but can't seem to find an updated location for this book, does anyone have any tips? :'(
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    Thx a lot to you guys putting that much effort into this! Also hunting for completion and this here helped a lot to find some of my missing books.

I have checked with the spreadsheet and addon and what im still missing (besides still bugged books) is:

1. Its the hunt that counts
    I know its related to a quest in Cyro north of Farragut, i did this quest, so cant talk with the NPC again to get the list, is there any location after quest?

2. Hadmals Journal Page12
    Related to a quest in Eastmarch, any loacation after?

3. A Plea for the Elder Scroll
    Its located in the scroll temple in Cyro, tried to read it on each faction temple, but it doesnt count as readed in the library for some reason.

4. Redfur Journal, v.2
    Its located in Grathwood in Reliquary Ruins, but after Quest i cant access this room anymore. Is there any other copy or another way in this room?

5. Start Teeth, Volume1
    Addon says it should be in Crypt of Hearts, but cant find it anywhere.

And as a note:
    I have "Aidanaz's Journal" marked as read, sadly cant remember where I found it, but obviously it exists in game and can be read somewhere.
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went through dark shade yesterday (although not with a comb) and didn't find it. Must be very well hidden. Perhaps it is located in the long narrow route that leads to the entrance (which is blocked off).
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Star Teeth, Volume 1 in CoH, but normal CoH and Veteran a different. Look in another CoH difficult.
    Quartermaster's Log must be in Tempest Island dungeon if I remember correctly.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    How do I get into the areas of the other faction?
    Im Aldmeri and i need some Books from the other faction.
    I need 27 Books the most at the Imperial Section and Cyrodiil.
  • stoob16_ESO
    stoob16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Missing Citizens - Mysteries and Clues. Has anybody found a copy of this outside of the quest? It is from the Through the Ashes quest in Dawnbreak, Auridon. Nevermind this one, found it sneaky behind a tree.

@Kyoma Ok, I've been all over Dawnbreak with a finetooth comb and cannot find this book anywhere. I'm 99% convinced that it's phased out after you complete the quest.

Can you please point me towards the the tree you found it behind? :neutral:
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    @Mix

So as I was running around looking for potential book locations for Irgnar's Journal and Gamwyn's Journal from Personal Journals in The Rift, I came across the quest giver Snorrvild once again. It seems that ZOS had 'reset' my Lost Companions quest and I could once again do it. I'm not sure if it'll be the same for everyone but I thought I'd post this find just in case.

Just a side note, if it has in fact reset for you again, make sure you read the journals and confirm they've been added to your collection as they aren't there once the quest has been completed.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rainchii Thanks, I will go look at that (I am not personally missing them, but there isn't an after Q location)

@stoob16_ESO "Missing Citizens" was sneaky, I will grab a screenshot of it and add to first post.

@Holger30 I do need a list of the books you are missing from other alliances. You can find the "Letter to Grand Warlord Dortene" at 9x27 southern highrock gate, behind shed at house W of temple of Alma Ruma and "Letter to Grand Warlord Zimmeron" at 82x19, just E of Chim at the start of the southern road, northern Morrowind gate. In both cases the gates have to be open.

@BlackEar The long narrow tunnel should open up after the final boss is killed. I am starting to wonder if our assumption that the book is in DSC due to the content of it is wrong. This morning I scoured the outside of DSC again and found nothing.

@VolvoXX Aha! It is good to hear that someone has "Adainaz's Journal" marked read, at least we know it exists!

1. It's the Hunt that Counts: post-Q it is North of the EP side Imperial City gate at 56x33, it a little camp set up there (SW of Chalman for a second landmark)

2. Hadmal's Journal, Page 12: adding to bugged list

3. A Plea for the Elder Scrolls: First, which of these are you missing, each book references one of the Generals, so we can identify the exact book that you are having trouble with. Second, this sounds very character specific and you may want to submit an in-game report for it.

4. I'll snoop a bit for the Redfur Journal, v.2 and if I cannot find will add to bugged list.

5. Same as above, with dungeon books though we have to look on both Normal and Veteran difficulties to be sure it isn't present in one and not the other.

@zmobie_dementor Adding this book to the "Players Seeking" list, I'll have a quick look for it and if we cannot locate it will be added to the bugged list.

For Everyone: the IC bookshelves have a few books that seem specific to them and aren't in the Imperial Library category and the respawn of the bookshelves is annoyingly slow! The list below is of the most rare of these books, I was missing them all before finding out they were only spawning on IC bookshelves.

Introduction to Aedric Studies
    Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult
    The Distributed Soul
    The Year 2920, Vol. 27
    Unhallowed Legion
    Glorious Upheaval

The Collected Theory Hypothesis (also found on a bookshelf in Hollow City, Coldharbour)
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Missing Citizens - Mysteries and Clues. Has anybody found a copy of this outside of the quest? It is from the Through the Ashes quest in Dawnbreak, Auridon. Nevermind this one, found it sneaky behind a tree.

@Kyoma Ok, I've been all over Dawnbreak with a finetooth comb and cannot find this book anywhere. I'm 99% convinced that it's phased out after you complete the quest.

Can you please point me towards the the tree you found it behind? :neutral:
    Well.....here: http://i.imgur.com/ORkg0fm.jpg

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redfur Journal, v.2 is accessible, you have to go through the secret passage in the bookshelf to access that area, the exit door cannot be entered. See spoiler for screenshots. Reliquary Ruins, Grahtwood.
    Uozj7Cv.png

• AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    "List of Names" - part of the Mysteries and Clues section, and available through the quest "Blood and the Crescent Moon" in Daggerfall. Lorebooks says it is available at the clothier's shop and down in the river by the blacksmithing station - negative in both instances.

@Mix
    Edited by AJTC5000 on October 17, 2016 3:43AM
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    VolvoXX wrote: »
    And as a note:
    I have "Aidanaz's Journal" marked as read, sadly cant remember where I found it, but obviously it exists in game and can be read somewhere.
    @VolvoXX Aha! It is good to hear that someone has "Adainaz's Journal" marked read, at least we know it exists!
    While it is a good sign I'm not sure this means that the book still exists as a large number of dungeon quests have been remodelled multiple times. Now....I know it also isn't 100% sure that the book is indeed in Darkshade (or ever was) and I suppose atleast having one source of it having existed is better than nothing at all.

Edited by Kyoma on October 16, 2016 11:56PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    thawks wrote: »
    So I just found Glorious Upheaval in a stack of books (not a bookshelf, in case it makes any difference) in the IC Memorial District.

where are these stacks of books? I can't seem to locate these in IC

I believe it was on one of the upper floors, and not in any of the alliance areas. No idea which building, though.

hmmm i couldn't find this stack no matter how long i looked...is there some sort of map anyone can provide that has the bookshelf locations within Imperial City?
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.

• WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix Is there a map of the bookshelves to look through? I could only find two bookshelves in Imperial City (one in the elven district hideout and another in a nobles district building) Also how long is the respawn rate of these bookshelves?

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    "List of Names" - part of the Mysteries and Clues section, and available through the quest "Blood and the Crescent Moon" in Daggerfall. Lorebooks says it is available at the clothier's shop and down in the river by the blacksmithing station - negative in both instances.

@Mix

This is a case where the Lorebooks addon is misleading you. (I saw this yesterday too when I went to look for The Hidden Key and the Lorebooks location was strangely not even close, wrong zone and quest, I am wondering if ZoS did something with the ids or code or w/e that is messing up @Ayantir addon...)

I usually go and search the book on uesp wiki and read it. In this case it is clear from the text that this book is associated with Auridon!

Q:Final Blows

After Q: it is in Skywatch. Port to the wayshrine and go to the closest set of stairs (just W of the wayshrine) and it is laying on the ground at the top of the stairs....there is a Skywatch Celebrant standing on it atm on my screen. It seems they;ve shifted Egranor since he used to stand right here as well and is now shifted over one pillar (he is the quest turn in npc)

I will try to put together a map/screenshot guide for the IC bookshelves, maybe just following my 'route' through the city so you can all find the bookshelves and then make your own routes convenient to you.
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »

I will try to put together a map/screenshot guide for the IC bookshelves, maybe just following my 'route' through the city so you can all find the bookshelves and then make your own routes convenient to you.

that would be amazing thank you!
    Edited by WardogAce on October 17, 2016 1:02PM