The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Inevitable Detonation

InvitationNotFound
InvitationNotFound
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey @Wrobel

the Inevitable Detonation in its current state is pretty useless. It wasn't that great before and the other morph was the preferred choice.

i can agree that detonation was an issue in several ways before this patch (e.g. the solo nb ganking someone instantly with a good timing).
you couldn't achieve this with the inevitable morph before. your opponent always had to chance to react on it.
the cast time combined with its low damage output in its current state now seems to make this skill almost completely useless.

@Wrobel
y u do dis?

and then we have this statement here:
Wrobel wrote: »
We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome since it’s difficult to do.
i want to feel f****ng awesome as well by casting Inevitable Detonation in the middle of combat. why don't you let me feel awesome @Wrobel ? Come on let me feel awesome. ;)

it's exactly the same, you sacrifice damage and are vulnerable during the cast time. but it isn't worth it anymore. just revert it to the old stats and i will feel awesome again. no, we will feel awesome again. make inevitable detonation awesome again! ;)
We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm no edit functionality here? well...

another option of course would be to remove the cast time. ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Wrobel

the Inevitable Detonation in its current state is pretty useless. It wasn't that great before and the other morph was the preferred choice.

i can agree that detonation was an issue in several ways before this patch (e.g. the solo nb ganking someone instantly with a good timing).
    you couldn't achieve this with the inevitable morph before. your opponent always had to chance to react on it.
    the cast time combined with its low damage output in its current state now seems to make this skill almost completely useless.

@Wrobel
    y u do dis?

We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome since it’s difficult to do.
    i want to feel f****ng awesome as well by casting Inevitable Detonation in the middle of combat. why don't you let me feel awesome @Wrobel ? Come on let me feel awesome. ;)

it's exactly the same, you sacrifice damage and are vulnerable during the cast time. but it isn't worth it anymore. just revert it to the old stats and i will feel awesome again. no, we will feel awesome again. make inevitable detonation awesome again! ;)

LOL, man, don't use what @Wrobel said about the skill we renamed to Useless Exchange if you want a skill to be made better... Else you may find your self changing the name of that skill to Useless Detonation and believe me, it feels really bad when you get to that point...
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh well, i'm aware of the state of dark exchange. ;) i just like his quotes and try to argue with his own words. ;)

besides... it already feels like useless detonation.

Addons:
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh well, i'm aware of the state of dark exchange. ;) i just like his quotes and try to argue with his own words. ;)

besides... it already feels like useless detonation.

Be careful though, @Wrobel can always find a way to make it worse while pretending he is buffing the skill! XD
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately calling for a nerf won't work either :(

Addons:
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I used to use this as part of my single target rotation in Azuras, But I think I may go back to mines. Was refreshing to have a different playstle for awhile, but not worth slotting anymore unless you want to scare an unorganized zerg.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think that you can even scare an unorganized zerg with it...

Addons:
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll pretty much trade the extra AoE dmg given this patch, for the single dmg it did some days ago.

Proxy was the problem, not inev
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd sacrifice a damn goat in my basement, if they finally listen to the damn community and change sorcerer as suggested countless times in countless threads with countless awesome ideas.

Everything was awesome, except what came to PTS and after ignoring their customers once again, to Live.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd sacrifice a damn goat in my basement, if they finally listen to the damn community and change sorcerer as suggested countless times in countless threads with countless awesome ideas.

Everything was awesome, except what came to PTS and after ignoring their customers once again, to Live.

yes, the f****d up sorc pretty bad.
    the inevitable detonation change simply reduced the amount of viable sorc builds, which is very sad.

btw. let me know when you need some goats...

Addons:
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Wrobel

@Wrobel
    y u do dis?

omg best post ever lol. I wanna feel awesome too.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Learn to play without it. If it was up to me I would have it removed. Get good. Use a proper build.

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn to play without it. If it was up to me I would have it removed. Get good. Use a proper build.

you mean the one and only build that is viable with this patch? doesn't sound boring at all.

Addons: