Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.1.0 is available.
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

My PTS sorcerer experience in Maelstrom Arena: Surge & Shields

• Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Text.

@Derra

The reason why I don't think they would reset the leaderboard is because they have never done it because of class changes in the past.

*There might have been a scoreboard reset with the Upper Craglorn update and the level cap increase from VR12 to VR14, but I don't remember.*
    First scoreboard reset was in Update 6: The scoring system was changed from time and life based to time and killscore based. As well as a complete overhaul of skills, removal of softcaps, x9 increase of stats, etc.
    Second scoreboard reset was in Update 7 (Imperial City): The level cap was increased from VR14 to VR16.
    Third scoreboard reset was in Update 8 (Orsinium): Several game exploits were fixed and Maelstrom Arena was introduced.
    Fourth scoreboard reset was in Update 9 (Thieves' Guild): The scoring system was changed from time and killscore based to time, killscore and vitality based. A new 12man trial was also added.

This is my argument for why they wouldn't reset the leaderboards. In Update 10 (Dark Brotherhood) the changes to skills are not great enough to justify a reset, there are no changes to the scoring system and there is no new trial added.
    As I mentioned earlier as well, with the changes people will still be able to surpass the current high scores as they refine their strategies, get increased champion points, etc. There is no justifiable reason why they should reset the leaderboards. You might be having trouble adapting to the new changes, but when you figure out how to change your playstyle you will be able to get the same score again and probably higher.
    Those who hold the current high scores for each class in the arena have several things figured out that allow them to do so, simply try hard enough to beat them and you'll probably achieve the same.

It wasn't my intention of coming off as a *** by using my friend Zero as a way of backing up my own claims, and I don't know if it was your intention to sound like an *** with your reply. Either way I don't think I have more to add to this conversation.
    [/debate]
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Text.

@Derra

The reason why I don't think they would reset the leaderboard is because they have never done it because of class changes in the past.

In the past there was no scenario where you had a leaderboard spot that was unobtainable due to changes to one class (because everything before orsinium was not classspecific) and afterwards the one major update came with a reset.

As far as strategies etc go - we´re at a point where it´s not about refining general strategy. It´s about how many spellcasts do i need. How often do i crit. Is my rgn good enough to survive the whole boss without casting shields continuously.
    People are already in territory where they´re counting seconds (it does add up still over the whole arena) and try to cut corners but there is no great strategy refining happening anymore.

I´m 99.99% sure People won´t be able to reach current scores with the changes introduced in DB because it´s about how often do i loose a second not dpsing. With the coming changes to shields and surge it´s an imperative to loose more seconds over the whole arena because you need a shield up to reliably heal up AND those shields have 70%/50% cut duration.
    That´s why i´m saying what i´m saying.

I don´t make things up bc i haven´t adapted. I atleast partially know what i´m talking about and i have reason (beyond stating you´ll adapt and probably will be fine) why i state those. I tested my times on pts and the time lost up to round 3 finished was ~60s and to round 5 finished ~120s.
    This time is lost on pts is simply bc i have to cast more shields (when dmged to heal or when they run out).
    It´s not much but it´s noticeable and there is no way to circumvent it.

You state sth like increased CP - that´s basically 3 months without the chance to go for the current top 5 scores (as CP won´t get increased with DB but the update after the earliest). I simply don´t think a timeframe of three months where it will literally be impossible to achieve the current topscores is acceptable - if your opinion differs in that regard i guess yeah we just happen to disagree.

I´m gonna make a "called it" post if there´s no reset in about two months anyway :P.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options