The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Exploiters selling their cheap mats and getting rich

• FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    ZENIMAX handled the issue really well.
    rewarding exploiters is not a good thing ZOS.
    And how do I know? It is quite obvious if people sell materials 2k lower than usual all of the sudden in all zone chats lol.

The small punishment of a 3 day ban just encourages people to exploit again once another opportunity arises

Where do i buy these cheap mats? I mean i want in on this bs, if they get it i want it too.
    Yes im very salty
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I am keeping my eyes on a certain site for new exploits, I'm going to take full advantage of them
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this whole exploit thing is becoming a meme
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well meme'd everyone
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Just implement gallows and put all the cheaters there. Then people recognize the names ;) even give us the option to throw rotten fruit!

I'd login for that! :)

...? So you'd login to further dehumanize players for an exploit, that they were already punished for by the company of the given game? Regardless of the punishment distributed, you encourage the type of stuff...?

What's really going on with a lot of people in this thread. It's pretty sick. Yes. Exploiting is wrong. YES! But seriously, some of you really need to take a break. Pause. And look at what you all are typing. You have extremes ranging from completely terminating people's accounts, to reducing them to 100-something champion points, to clearing out their inventory and banks, to now implementing a gallows and throwing fruit at people...? Is this really what what some you all here on the forums are really about...? Is that really what you represent...? The humiliation of players and savage means of "getting even"...?

That's how all humans are deep down buddy.... Most people just don't show it IRL because there are actual consequences.... Humans nature is to be a *** and survive against others.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah seriously I wish 10k+ people exploited and sent the prices of all legendary materials on a downhill spiral. The market has been controlled for far too long with people buying up cheap priced ones from everyone and farmers then making the market sit at 10k+ for Temper, 5k+ for rosin/dreugh wax/ and 13k+ for kutas like seriously *** lol.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    who cares dude. buy some alloys for cheap. if i was on right now and i had the gold i would buy them all.

Logging in to buy some now :* First time in months.

edit- Lame... couldn't find any.
    Edited by TheBull on May 4, 2016 12:33AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    GaldorP wrote: »
    Tempering Alloy:
    fUCgcQF.png

...man, that Temper that sold for 45g.

That was more than likely someone who does not participate in the market so does not know the price. Some people don't have Master Merchant to know what things typically sell for. Same way I bought two Signets of the Warlock VR1 for 50 Gold and a Focus for 100 gold from a guild kiosk back when these were 10K and 5K items.

Anomalies are not Trends

I agree . I have made similar mistakes in ignorance to the value of a mat or item many times . I just get too wrapped up in playing the game to investigate sometimes .
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    GaldorP wrote: »
    Tempering Alloy:
    fUCgcQF.png

...man, that Temper that sold for 45g.

That was more than likely someone who does not participate in the market so does not know the price. Some people don't have Master Merchant to know what things typically sell for. Same way I bought two Signets of the Warlock VR1 for 50 Gold and a Focus for 100 gold from a guild kiosk back when these were 10K and 5K items.

Anomalies are not Trends

I'm aware. I still remember getting a full stack of Dwemer scrap for 90 gold or something in that range a long time ago.
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    You all realize this is just a game it's not that serious and sky isn't falling it'll be alright and guess what everyone will survive somehow.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exploit isnt really going to change the value of the items just make the people that abused the system rich is all....so remember to jump on the exploit train for the next 1 because the consequences are so soft Baskin Robbins wants to launch Zos flavoured ice cream.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to get some official word, that we've all been wondering about, yet @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Feel like this whole thing was handled very poorly, not responding to any of our posts about it just makes it even worse.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    The exploit isnt really going to change the value of the items just make the people that abused the system rich is all....so remember to jump on the exploit train for the next 1 because the consequences are so soft Baskin Robbins wants to launch Zos flavoured ice cream.

The funny thing is. ZOS has now set a precedent here. They've essentially told the community that there are no real consequences to such behavior. And they really arent doing themselves any favors in doing this. They have two choices when the next exploit comes along. They can either do as theyve done here and slap everyone on the wrist while allowing them to continue to make gains from the exploit. Or they can come down like a hammer and outright ban players. Neither of these choices will make ZOS look good at all.

The first choice will further enrage the players that avoid exploits and try to play the game as honestly as possible and continue to destroy what trust these players have in ZOS. The second choice will create a backlash as it will seem ZOS has double standards. Where the players here and now caught up in this are essentially walking away with just a three day mini vacay from the game and the next exploited mechanic being an outright ban. Also destroying trust between the players and ZOS.

Bravo ZOS. You've shot yourself in the foot and simply reloaded so you can take aim at yourself again.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    They kept the stuff ? That's amazing ! Guess this is a MMO that's not concerned with player integrity. Wait nothing new there , I want free Maelstrom Weapons
    PS4 NA
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They arnt stripping mats from people cause they honestly can't 100% tell legit ones from exploited ones. Look at all the people they suspended that got it over turned. Those of you who think ZoS tracks 100% of everything we do and everything thing we have really don't understand now incompetent they are at times. There are still innocent people who didn't get there suspensions over turned and there are people who did exploit that weren't caught. ZoS made a real big mess with all this.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    They arnt stripping mats from people cause they honestly can't 100% tell legit ones from exploited ones. Look at all the people they suspended that got it over turned. Those of you who think ZoS tracks 100% of everything we do and everything thing we have really don't understand now incompetent they are at times. There are still innocent people who didn't get there suspensions over turned and there are people who did exploit that weren't caught. ZoS made a real big mess with all this.

It shouldnt matter you exploit your account gets stripped...of everything mats gold and gear.
    Edited by Thornen on May 4, 2016 7:55AM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It shouldnt matter you exploit your account gets stripped...of everything mats gold and gear.

Sorry you don't seem to understand, ZoS could not with a 100% guarantee say who exploited, hence all the overturns they did on the original suspensions given out. Unlike what people want to believe they can in no way tie the materials harvested to survey IDs. This incident is not so clear cut and dry as many of people like to believe.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also this has been going on since the bankers launched I watched prices drop drop drop. I wondered why. Now I know.

I'll be interested to see if this is correct, pre-TG I was getting around 40k per stack of the rare top level mats and post-TG that has dropped to nearer 10k... I had assumed it was due to all nodes now being top level rather than only about 1 in 3 since Orsinium dropped... simple supply and demand. Equally Void level stuff had been creeping up as that no longer droped in those areas for maxed out crafters so supplies were drying up for those unwilling to farm lower level zones.

I will be a little peeved if I have been losing out on sales revenue because of an exploit but I guess we'll see if the prices start rising again.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best would be, if gamemasters were online. If you catch an exploiter, call the gamemaster -> perma ban.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also this has been going on since the bankers launched I watched prices drop drop drop. I wondered why. Now I know.

I'll be interested to see if this is correct, pre-TG I was getting around 40k per stack of the rare top level mats and post-TG that has dropped to nearer 10k... I had assumed it was due to all nodes now being top level rather than only about 1 in 3 since Orsinium dropped... simple supply and demand. Equally Void level stuff had been creeping up as that no longer droped in those areas for maxed out crafters so supplies were drying up for those unwilling to farm lower level zones.

I will be a little peeved if I have been losing out on sales revenue because of an exploit but I guess we'll see if the prices start rising again.

Maybe this will make you feel better. The most expensive mat pre TG was rubedo leather. It's price has also massively dropped and it was not possible to exploit it via survey. The drop in prices on ore, silk, wood and leather is more do to the TG changes then the exploit.

Now the price drop on Legendary upgrade materials is a different story.
    Edited by Inklings on May 4, 2016 8:53AM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What bugs me the most is that people are encouraged to use exploits when they can.
    72 hours ban is laughable when the exploiters still have millions worth of golden mats.
    So what's the moral or the story? That you need to find exploits and keep them secret. Good job, Zos...

This.

This seems to be ZOS' natural stance on all and any exploits. If you find one, use it while you can. They'll fix it eventually(possibly at the point where fixing it is more unfair than not fixing it because a large part of community has already profited from it while those who haven't stay at a disadvantage) but they won't really punish you for using it nor will they take away stuff you get from it. Duplicate items? Insta respawning mobs/chests/surveys/whatever? Just do it. ZOS' line of thought seems to be "if they used it in time, good for them".
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe this will make you feel better. The most expensive mat pre TG was rubedo leather. It's price has also massively dropped and it was not possible to exploit it via survey. The drop in prices on ore, silk, wood and leather is more do to the TG changes then the exploit.

I agree, TG basically messed up the high end mat prices, prices where dropping before this exploit but at a slow pace, as you say Rubedo leather is still the highest seeing it couldn't be exploited its very telling the amount of other mats that were gotten by exploited means.

Edited by Reevster on May 4, 2016 9:03AM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »

I agree, TG basically messed up the high end mat prices, prices where dropping before this exploit but at a slow pace, as you say Rubedo leather is still the highest seeing it couldn't be exploited its very telling the amount of other mats that were gotten by exploited means.

I have just over 5,000 rubedo leather.it's crazy how easy it is to get now. My price to move it with out delay is 5K a stack. My other farming friends are selling it at that price as well. Sadly per TG we were getting 60K for each stack. Price has dropped sooooooo much. =(
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »

I have just over 5,000 rubedo leather.it's crazy how easy it is to get now. My price to move it with out delay is 5K a stack. My other farming friends are selling it at that price as well. Sadly per TG we were getting 60K for each stack. Price has dropped sooooooo much. =(

Really? It is time to finally get some vr16 equipment
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry you don't seem to understand, ZoS could not with a 100% guarantee say who exploited, hence all the overturns they did on the original suspensions given out. Unlike what people want to believe they can in no way tie the materials harvested to survey IDs. This incident is not so clear cut and dry as many of people like to believe.

I'm afraid to say, but people here on these forums would not stop until they've rallied a mob to go witch hunting for exploiters. This is literally what has happened here. A bunch of grown men n' women obsessed with something taken care of by Zenimax, and want to humiliate everyone involved. Whether they were innocent or guilty. As you've said before, you have innocent people who've gotten banned and didn't have their suspensions overturned. You have guilty people, who didn't even receive a ban. And people is so blinded by hostility and malice, they've completely thrown out logic.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this topic in-game, and seeing threads about it. And it's like you'd think people on the forums would at least get the hint that topics about disciplinary actions aren't tolerated. I mean, just about every thread about the exploit gets taken down for this very reason. So why can't people take a hint?

And it's obvious that most of the people so up-in-arms over this situation weren't present during the days of the duplication glitch event or the Glenumbra Pig Farm event. Because in the later, Zenimax didn't even ban anyone. Let alone remove any materials, and that was the longest lasting major exploit in the game that effected the in-game economy to date. That thing lasted for months.

And I'm not saying any exploit should be tolerated or left ignored by the developers of the game in which the exploit is taking place, but OMG. Just get over it. There will be other exploits in the future, and this one will too be forgotten until the next exploit comes around. Then everyone will grab their cyber pitchforks and go exploiter witch hunting again. And it's sad. Because most of these witch hunters are adults. Not kids. Not teens. But adults. This is exactly what I was talking about in my "What Happened to Gaming" thread.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    long and incoherent rant...

1. Nobody forces you to click on these threads. If you're tired of them, ignore them.
    2. Part of the reason there is hostility is that exploiting culture is so rampant in ESO. I don't care about people having more gold or mats than me, what I do care is about fairness. When a multiplayer game, especially one with competitive aspects to it, stops feeling fair, people will rant. If it gets bad enough, people will leave. I know this first-hand, as I've quit PvP over the cheating there.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there mats for 2k on europe while I have no time to play / log-in? *** :( want to turn 2m into alloy/dreugh way then :(
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    long and incoherent rant...

1. Nobody forces you to click on these threads. If you're tired of them, ignore them.
    2. Part of the reason there is hostility is that exploiting culture is so rampant in ESO. I don't care about people having more gold or mats than me, what I do care is about fairness. When a multiplayer game, especially one with competitive aspects to it, stops feeling fair, people will rant. If it gets bad enough, people will leave. I know this first-hand, as I've quit PvP over the cheating there.

Yes it's unfair but more people are likely to leave or not play the game if they come to the forums and read thread after thread from angry holier than thou players who have never done anything wrong in their whole entire lives *cough* trying to persecute and stone a few people who took advantage of something and were punished.

giphy.gif
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good point. Personally I had not seen gold tempers dropping in price, if anything going up (pc eu). But then at a drop rate of 1 gold mat per stack of raw mats you'd need to have dome pretty dedicatd exploiting going on to shift the market.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rather worrying of people trying to artificially lower prices for expensive materials. Like with Kuta for few gold, possibly trading between friends and unlikely that's someone's mistake.

WOwX4fd.jpg
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."