The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exploiters selling their cheap mats and getting rich

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That exploit was NOT fixed quickly. It was there since the beginning of the game. You could ALWAYS do that exploit. All you had to do was discover it then run to a bank before you harvested any nodes, run back, harvest, go to bank grab survey and repeat. IT WAS IN THE GAME SINCE LAUNCH. The banker only made it 100 times easier and faster to do.

wrong if you way shrined to a bank to deposit the node reset tested this before as it was a concern so in places like wrothgar wher ethe bank is miles away from nodes it wasnt feasible.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    That exploit was NOT fixed quickly. It was there since the beginning of the game. You could ALWAYS do that exploit. All you had to do was discover it then run to a bank before you harvested any nodes, run back, harvest, go to bank grab survey and repeat. IT WAS IN THE GAME SINCE LAUNCH. The banker only made it 100 times easier and faster to do.

wrong if you way shrined to a bank to deposit the node reset tested this before as it was a concern so in places like wrothgar wher ethe bank is miles away from nodes it wasnt feasible.

Yeah if you fast traveled. But you could still ride/ walk to a bank and do it.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

which was slower than farming nodes manually
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blah Blah Blah, Exploits are Bad, etc, etc etc.

Yea we know.
    Having that said, we can't do anything with the items, for instance, because the buyers often did not know the items were fruit of a flaw in the game, therefore, if you just "rollback" everything, you'll be punishing people who simply found a nice deal and bought stuff.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »

Yea we know.
    Having that said, we can't do anything with the items, for instance, because the buyers often did not know the items were fruit of a flaw in the game, therefore, if you just "rollback" everything, you'll be punishing people who simply found a nice deal and bought stuff.

7ac.jpg
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Yea we know.

7ac.jpg

remove the gold from the exploiters account
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, cheap materials available for a short time only, that's just out of order the world's economy will crash, cats and dogs sleeping together, sheep spontaneously combusting we're all doomed...

giphy.gif
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yea we know.

Not worried about rolling back anything. Just remove whatever the player has on his characters. Take all the gear and stuff too because it was prob made with the ill gotten loot. Remove all the gold from the banned person's account. Plenty they could do.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, cheap materials available for a short time only, that's just out of order the world's economy will crash, cats and dogs sleeping together, sheep spontaneously combusting we're all doomed...

giphy.gif

Something about this picture just makes me giggle like a little school girl. Is that normal? Lmao. xD
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

The point is more whats to stop exploiters if they know they wont have to pay for their "crimes". its not like these people saved all the mats up and sold em after the ban. They been making millions this entire time. Yet they were able to keep all that. Tell ya what ZOS ban me for 3 days and give me 500 gold tempers of all types Ill be perfectly happy.
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

The point is more whats to stop exploiters if they know they wont have to pay for their "crimes". its not like these people saved all the mats up and sold em after the ban. They been making millions this entire time. Yet they were able to keep all that. Tell ya what ZOS ban me for 3 days and give me 500 gold tempers of all types Ill be perfectly happy.

+
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw a seller on a guild bank go from a whole lot of gold in sales to half that at the point of the ban.

So I don't think this thread is entirely accurate.
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    i could care less but a three day ban to make millions of gold. Lesson to be learned here. Make sure u take advantage of exploits.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those prices are kinda high actually
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed several comments that were unrelated to the topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I should post about mat prices dropping or if the nerf to shield times is killing sorcs.

Did the exploit give "game breaking" advantages to the cheaters? My characters still have their gold maxed gear, it just took me a lot longer than an exploit to put the sets together. It's annoying and they should:
    1) Have the mats taken and
    2) Forfeit any gold from mats sold

but it isn't going to ruin the game for me if it doesn't happen. I'd feel pretty bad about my life if I felt that I had to cheat at a game to enjoy it. It's why I never went the bot route in FPS games.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that the mats/gold received are still in the game, Its fine they banned players for 78 hours, people get carried away and cant help them selves lol, but not removing the ill gotten gains is disgusting.

It takes hours to farm raw mats to get even a few Gold mats the normal way, only mins the exploited way, anyone who farmed/farms mats the right way are felling pretty crappy atm.

If ZEN did pull most of it then fine, but still no official word on what was done about the mats etc that i know of and it seems a butt load of gold mats just came up for sale just after the ban got lifted.
    Edited by Reevster on May 3, 2016 5:37PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I should post about mat prices dropping or if the nerf to shield times is killing sorcs.

Did the exploit give "game breaking" advantages to the cheaters? My characters still have their gold maxed gear, it just took me a lot longer than an exploit to put the sets together. It's annoying and they should:
    1) Have the mats taken and
    2) Forfeit any gold from mats sold

but it isn't going to ruin the game for me if it doesn't happen. I'd feel pretty bad about my life if I felt that I had to cheat at a game to enjoy it. It's why I never went the bot route in FPS games.

As punishment I would also remove all their gear thats crafted or upgraded. You can keep your characters but all your gear, money, gold and everything in your bank is forfeit. THEN people would think twice about doing stuff like this.
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

It's happened and it's been dealt with get over it and move on is what I say being part of a forum lynch mob does nothing but create more resentment
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, does it really matter? Gold mats are so damn rare that I think it's pretty good to have a good bit more on the market. People wouldn't have cared about the exploit if gold mats had any form of a drop rate.

And before anyone accuses me of it...no, I didn't use the exploit.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭

which was slower than farming nodes manually

Not in craglorn..
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

It's happened and it's been dealt with get over it and move on is what I say being part of a forum lynch mob does nothing but create more resentment

Lynch mob? We are expressing feedback on they punishment (or in my opinion lack thereof) for this exploit. If you arent interested in the debate topic why are you here?
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    A few years back, Walmart had accidentally placed some items on sale for way less than the price was intended and tons of people bought multiples of the product. Walmart had to honor the prices they posted. I think if an opportunity presents itself to someone, they will take advantage of it. There will be more situations similar to this, but it is not the end of the world nor is it a game breaker. One could potentially argue that animation canceling is an exploit even though Zos had not deemed it so. If the game was fixed, people would not take advantage of situations like this because it would not exist in the first place.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Guys, does it really matter? Gold mats are so damn rare that I think it's pretty good to have a good bit more on the market. People wouldn't have cared about the exploit if gold mats had any form of a drop rate.

Yes it matters. It matters to everyone who plays the game fairly.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

N'ah, chances are you're going to be accused. Just like everyone else who doesn't find this as too much of a big deal. Lol.

I'm telling you. Give it anywhere between 5-14 business days, and this whole situation will be forgotten. Only a topic of conversation for the next exploit that arrives, will this be mentioned again. Kind of like the old duplication exploit or Glenumbra Pig Farm exploit.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Markets are the same, they are hoarding them or gold seller scoop them up immediately.

I was looking at nirn prices and almost bought one at 13k. I went back ten mins later and the lowest on the market was 18k, all of the lower priced ones got bought up.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you claiming its good that the market is flooded and prices have dropped have no idea whats going to happen in the next few weeks, so let me enlighten you.

The market gets flooded by exploiters with cheap gold mats. Other legit sellers are forced to lower their price....as soon as the price has bottomed out, the exploiters then purchase ALL gold mats that come on the market at rock bottom prices.....this is the "cornering of the market" then guess what they do.......they begin listing their gold mats they bought cheap.....at 200/300/400% mark up as they have the majority of supply. Unless someone can bust that manipulation then there is trouble ahead.

• Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you claiming its good that the market is flooded and prices have dropped have no idea whats going to happen in the next few weeks, so let me enlighten you.

The market gets flooded by exploiters with cheap gold mats. Other legit sellers are forced to lower their price....as soon as the price has bottomed out, the exploiters then purchase ALL gold mats that come on the market at rock bottom prices.....this is the "cornering of the market" then guess what they do.......they begin listing their gold mats they bought cheap.....at 200/300/400% mark up as they have the majority of supply. Unless someone can bust that manipulation then there is trouble ahead.

• MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »

This is just the beginning. Its really part of a bigger conspiracy.

Once they corner the market they will use in-game gold to buy your social security information and start withdrawing money from your real-life bank account and 401k.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would demote exploiters to 160CP. Now THAT would be punishment. Keep the gold, and happy farming back to 501 :lol: