The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Exploiters selling their cheap mats and getting rich

• CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't agree with letting exploiters get away with this kind of thing, it is also very refreshing to see prices on top tier materials starting to drop back to a reasonable level.

The low supply of certain crafting materials has gotten somewhat out of hand, and while it is true that it SHOULD be expensive to gold out your gear, it is crazy as it currently stands.

To me, this situation says more about the artificial choke holds on supply more than how ZoS might treat exploiters. This wasn't the way to go about it, but I think the economy needed an infusion of these materials regardless.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not getting enough info about this exploit stuff, I may need a dozen more "exploit" threads before the end of day
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »
    lathbury wrote: »
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Of course not. I did not partake, And it's not my responsibility to police this game.

well then your as culpable letting people exploit and doing nothing zos cant have eyes everywhere thats why the report option exists

Agree 1000%.

Turn a blind eye and you're as guilty as the exploiters.

Meh, I'm not even playing this game at this point and unsubbed. DB destroys my class and 5/6 builds for my sorc... so whatever. I'm still in TS with my friends tho, and I wouldn't be a very good friend if I logged on just to go around reporting them. my loyalty is Greater to my friends then a game that repeatedly betrays me and insists I get "more skill"

I'd report any exploiter and my friends have the same attitude because a game community is bigger then the muppetts currently on your friends list.
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the fact that exploiters got to keep their ill gotten gains just makes me angry. Not because it will hurt the economy (it's pretty robust and the items are consumable), or because some players now have more stuff than me (I honestly don't care because I just enjoy playing the game), but because I want Zenimax to be building a strong, friendly and honest community around this game. It feels like the opposite is happening.

I will let this go now and move on, there's a fantastic patch on the PTS and I'm testing the hell out of it and loving the changes. I just hope some of our feedback resonates.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er nvm ,.............
    Edited by Reevster on May 3, 2016 3:43PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fr33r4ng3r wrote: »
    Yeah, the fact that exploiters got to keep their ill gotten gains just makes me angry. Not because it will hurt the economy (it's pretty robust and the items are consumable), or because some players now have more stuff than me (I honestly don't care because I just enjoy playing the game), but because I want Zenimax to be building a strong, friendly and honest community around this game. It feels like the opposite is happening.

I will let this go now and move on, there's a fantastic patch on the PTS and I'm testing the hell out of it and loving the changes. I just hope some of our feedback resonates.

Out of curiosity, did you feel this way about the duplication situation that transpired? Or perhaps the Glenumbra Pig Farm event not too long ago? I'm just wondering. BUT! I will say this, I respect you being mature and moving on from this temporary shadow that looms over the community at the moment. Much respect indeed. It takes a lot of maturity for a person to look past something that they've felt wronged them, and stay positive. A lot of maturity, and it shows. Take this awesome badge, brah. :3
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be some deterrent to this kind of thing or people will keep doing it. Next time it will be even worse because now people know worst thing can happen if they exploit is a 3 day ban. They will get to keep all those mats. Hell those take way longer than 72 hours of playing to gather normally. Its a serious win for the exploiters.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also this has been going on since the bankers launched I watched prices drop drop drop. I wondered why. Now I know.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be funny if the next exploit resulted in permabans, and those banned are screaming it isn't fair and should only be a 3 day ban.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be funny if the next exploit resulted in permabans, and those banned are screaming it isn't fair and should only be a 3 day ban.

They cant do that now. They set the rule its a 3 day ban and you get to keep anything you stole. Thats like saying if you roba bank and get caught you do 30 days but get to keep the money. People will scream its unfair. I wonder how many of these exploiters had previous bans or warnings? Just mind blowing to me they get to keep all the loot they got.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also this has been going on since the bankers launched I watched prices drop drop drop. I wondered why. Now I know.

Yes yes I noticed that too.... its been going on since then I guess, I am kinda disgusted in ZEN and these exploiters atm... time to take a break from this game for a while i guess, Do we know if they actually pulled Mats and related gold etc from accounts? I see posts here and there that they didn't , but nothing official.

• rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    And how do I know? It is quite obvious if people sell materials 2k lower than usual all of the sudden in all zone chats lol.

Or, it could be people who believe things without verifying the source making assumptions.
    yeah this guy clearly found 200 tempering alloy the day the ban was lifted its all just a coincidence :)

I have more than 200 tempering alloys that I could sell and I haven't exploited anything.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »

Yes yes I noticed that too.... its been going on since then I guess, I am kinda disgusted in ZEN and these exploiters atm... time to take a break from this game for a while i guess, Do we know if they actually pulled Mats and related gold etc from accounts? I see posts here and there that they didn't , but nothing official.

jump on my twitch I'll show you what I'm talking about

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While I was mostly just amusing myself with my tinfoil hat theory about zos and the money one thing does seem to be true.

Want a exploit fixed post it.
    It is funny that zos deletes or locks those threads when people do, yet it still seems to be the best way to get an exploit fixed. Post it so people do it.
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    fr33r4ng3r wrote: »

Out of curiosity, did you feel this way about the duplication situation that transpired? Or perhaps the Glenumbra Pig Farm event not too long ago? I'm just wondering. BUT! I will say this, I respect you being mature and moving on from this temporary shadow that looms over the community at the moment. Much respect indeed. It takes a lot of maturity for a person to look past something that they've felt wronged them, and stay positive. A lot of maturity, and it shows. Take this awesome badge, brah. :3

Thanks for the badge :smile:

It's actually a good question and I hadn't really thought about it until you asked. The item duplication bug was very early in the game's life. I didn't have a strong sense of the game or community yet. At the time I remember thinking that the inventory limits would hamper the real extent of the exploit and people were just spoiling the game for themselves. (I don't even think we had guild traders yet - I don't recall). I do remember being very concerned about the bot problem. Zenimax really impressed me with how effectively they dealt with that.

As for the Glenumbra pig farming and other XP/CP grinds, they have never bothered me. I love this game because the story is rich and engaging. I listened to every line of quest dialog for every quest in all three faction zones and Wrothgar and Dark Brotherhood on my main character. I have 3 V16's and a V8 and I've probably spent a total of 4 hours grinding. In my view grinding is like whittling or knitting. It's something to do to keep your hands busy while you shoot the breeze with your friends. It has it's place, even in ESO, but I personally feel you miss all of the beauty of this game if you rush it.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have no idea officially. I certainly hope thats the case but from everything I hear people didnt lose any items.
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one of these threads...? Really...? When do you think as a community we can look past this. =_=

When the cheaters get perm banned and the ill gotten gains removed from the game.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS said they would take the appropiate actions.
    If that is what they believe... hmm.. does not look good.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bro. ur offline.
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »

bro. ur offline.

yeah am now look at my last broadcast the mats are still up for sale
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    Another one of these threads...? Really...? When do you think as a community we can look past this. =_=

When the cheaters get perm banned and the ill gotten gains removed from the game.

He wants to "get past this" because he was one of the exploiters. He said he got banned for it. So ya.
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    Does it actually matter, there getting extra materials selling temps cheap I say leave them to it, saves me wasting a day gathering mats for temps when I could just buy them dirt cheap its not like its life its just a game
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bro. ur offline.

ye im watching it. they could of at least not been so obvious
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bro. ur offline.

ye im watching it. they could of at least not been so obvious

yeah bit blatant broke my mic so sorry bout dodgy audio have a new one on order
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its sad it has come to this, I suppose the population is so low so they cant ban them for forever.
    Edited by Sausage on May 3, 2016 4:27PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MarcoPolo wrote: »
    Does it actually matter, there getting extra materials selling temps cheap I say leave them to it, saves me wasting a day gathering mats for temps when I could just buy them dirt cheap its not like its life its just a game

Some people sell mats and have seen the market bottom out for our stuff. Supply and demand when you flood the market it makes prices drop.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That exploit was NOT fixed quickly. It was there since the beginning of the game. You could ALWAYS do that exploit. All you had to do was discover it then run to a bank before you harvested any nodes, run back, harvest, go to bank grab survey and repeat. IT WAS IN THE GAME SINCE LAUNCH. The banker only made it 100 times easier and faster to do.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't stop the shield whine train.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That exploit was NOT fixed quickly. It was there since the beginning of the game. You could ALWAYS do that exploit. All you had to do was discover it then run to a bank before you harvested any nodes, run back, harvest, go to bank grab survey and repeat. IT WAS IN THE GAME SINCE LAUNCH. The banker only made it 100 times easier and faster to do.

IEan at this point I wouldn't even call it an exploit. It was a game mechanic.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

IEan at this point I wouldn't even call it an exploit. It was a game mechanic.

I was clueless on this one. I saw people standing around when I was doing surveys I didnt know what they were doing. Thought it was odd but didnt really think anything about it.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on May 3, 2016 4:48PM