The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Exploiters selling their cheap mats and getting rich

• Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Just gonna leave Blizzard's statement regarding possible cheating in Overwatch (I bolded some parts for emphasis):
    "If a player is found to be cheating—or using hacks, bots, or third-party software that provides any sort of unfair advantage—that player will be permanently banned from the game. Full stop." Blizzard Community Manager Stephanie Johnson writes on the game's forums. "Not only does cheating undermine the spirit of fair play that all of our products are based on, but it works to diminish the fun and enjoyment of others.

Funny, even Blizzard doesn't care about exploits apparently....
    Also, according to Blizzard, add-ons for the PC would be considered a ban-able offense, since they are a third party software that provides an unfair advantage...
    But yeah, good quote, fits perfect with this scenario...

Dont tempt them on the addons front, someone in guild got a 3 day suspension for use of Multi-craft, also addons like roomba come with warnings ect now that they can result in suspensions, seems from what I've read on moddb ect not even the addon creators can get a firm response as to where the line is.
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Manpoints wrote: »

Dont tempt them on the addons front, someone in guild got a 3 day suspension for use of Multi-craft, also addons like roomba come with warnings ect now that they can result in suspensions, seems from what I've read on moddb ect not even the addon creators can get a firm response as to where the line is.

I play on Xbox, not "the master race", so frankly I don't care about add-ons, I was just stating a fact.
    And also, add-ons should be a bannable offense if you want people banned from exploiting, realistically there isn't much of a difference between the two. Exploiting is using in-game code to gain an advantage, add-ons are using a third party code to do something the developers didn't put into the game... Aka gaining an advantage.
    But i know all the pc players would flip over this...
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay lets see pass the rage for three seconds for the real point you're mad cause they got away with it right? How about those that used to bug and don't know it was bugged? If players X and Y knew it was a bug and made gold to benefit themselves then easy judgment right? What about Player Z who made Gold and got Mats from the bug don't or know at first that it was a bug how then are they handled?

Should ZoS take all their gold and all the mats, lifetime ban for a bug in the coding on they don't make? Exploiter will always p*ss everyone off but guess what the number of people unknowingly benefiting from any given exploit is always higher then the ones doing it for the exploit.

Great example is the Axe bleed bug I used Axes on my DK and Shadow Tank cause a little more damage from a Great sword on tank build was a waste same as armor pen from Hammers with no power behind it I used the Axes for the bleed. Now with the bug there should I have been punished for using Axes I got more kills in PvP meaning it was an EXP, AP, PvP mail and Leveling exploit all in one. I even more after a week knew it was a bug. Should I have been punished? Hell no I don't make the bug and used Axes before it was a bugged thing.

To punish those that openly exploited and not all the players that used the exploit knowingly or not is not fair. Unless the player farm a ton of mats you can't truly know maybe the player was not trying to be greedy and only made gold mats from themselves. How can you be sure which is which you can't. Should players selling mats next update be banned as they easily could have been using patience, how about the player that gold full sets of Armor and Weapons next update?

Looking at this as well they cleared did it so just ban them and no getting the other that clearly benefited would be unfair. You all are looking at this with zero thought to players that don't know or player that knew and wanted to wait till the coast was clear to make their money. That a 22 year old American and 1 of just 17 black people that play the game is the voice of Reason highlights the sad state of these Forums.

Any player that used this and even tried to claim they didn't know they were exploiting is a POS exploiter on top of a liar. This wasn't an accidental thing to come across. First time, last time... you know it was wrong if you did it. You're post may work for a number of different bugs/exploits that come along but NOT this one. You honestly think someone could use the same survey map unlimited times and not think it was exploiting? Not only that, but they could ONLY do it if they did it this one certain way?
    Edited by Runs on May 14, 2016 3:14PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manpoints wrote: »

I play on Xbox, not "the master race", so frankly I don't care about add-ons, I was just stating a fact.
    And also, add-ons should be a bannable offense if you want people banned from exploiting, realistically there isn't much of a difference between the two. Exploiting is using in-game code to gain an advantage, add-ons are using a third party code to do something the developers didn't put into the game... Aka gaining an advantage.
    But i know all the pc players would flip over this...

While addons do give some advantages, its more of "quality of life" advantages like knowing where the lorebooks are etc.
    They dont give you all mundus stones or 1000s of extra mats, you still have the same stats as a person without them.
    Also, console raiding guild finished vMoL faster than PC NA, so its not like that "advantage" means that much.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There not selling them cheap. Ive seen people with around 500 waxes selling them in 3 diffrent vendors for around 6k. Same as its been for months now. Kinda bullcrap but no skin off my back.