The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Exploiters selling their cheap mats and getting rich

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're lucky that people who bought illegit mats aren't getting suspensions. In another game I play, if you buy a stolen or duped item you also get in trouble, and people who have no clue what happened get in trouble, no clue till after the fact, that the item was illegit and they got linked in that items history.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who's getting rich?
    It's just ingame gold. Who cares who has a ton of gold even if I dont.
    I have always thought that it's silly to be upset at anyone else who has something you do not.In both RL or ingame.
    (having said that,I'm not a fan of exploitation of something like this.It can effect the ingame economy.)
    Edited by Volkodav on May 4, 2016 10:41AM
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Was it fair I as well as numerous others had/have to skin over 2 stacks of fish, for maybe 1 or 2 Perfect Roe? Was it, and is it fair that people who don't have best-in-slot gear get bullied and punked by so-called "elite guilds", and get treated like trash for not knowing better when assembling their builds? And when they ask for help, people ignore them? Is that fair? Is it fair I had to run Veteran White-Gold Tower over 200 times for a single Molag Kena helmet (that dropped as well-fitted), while some of the people I ran it with had it drop numerous times for them in those 200 plus runs? Is that fair in a competitive aspect? Hm!? Or is it fair that people can grind Veteran Maelstrom Arena to be competitive in today's meta, and not have a single weapon drop after sometimes 5 and 10 plus runs? IS IT!?

Sounds like you're complaining about gravity, man.
    Or about the fact that you have to run without the ball when playing football.
    Don't complain about the rules of a game YOU have CHOSEN to play.

Anger against foul play is legitimate.
    Cheaters must be found, and FAIR punishment must be meted out. Period.

You cry in all these threads about "communities", 'harmony" and what-not. Well here's the news:

No peace without justice, man.

Edited by Arthg on May 4, 2016 10:41AM
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Who's getting rich?
    I have always thought that it's silly to be upset at anyone else who has something you do not.In both RL or ingame.
    (having said that,I'm not a fan of exploitation of something like this.It can effect the ingame economy.)

I have to politely agree and disagree with this philosophy. I agree with the attitude of if others have more than I, I don't care. What I disagree with is the fact that when Console launched and PC people transferred over lots of gold and items and they messed up the Console economy from day one, it made lots of people upset. Console people made lots of posts complaining about how unbalanced it was. Gold and mats mattered then. It effected people then. And it was justifiable.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it fair I as well as numerous others had/have to skin over 2 stacks of fish, for maybe 1 or 2 Perfect Roe? Was it, and is it fair that people who don't have best-in-slot gear get bullied and punked by so-called "elite guilds", and get treated like trash for not knowing better when assembling their builds? And when they ask for help, people ignore them? Is that fair? Is it fair I had to run Veteran White-Gold Tower over 200 times for a single Molag Kena helmet (that dropped as well-fitted), while some of the people I ran it with had it drop numerous times for them in those 200 plus runs? Is that fair in a competitive aspect? Hm!? Or is it fair that people can grind Veteran Maelstrom Arena to be competitive in today's meta, and not have a single weapon drop after sometimes 5 and 10 plus runs? IS IT!?

Sounds like you're complaining about gravity, man.
    Or about the fact that you have to run without the ball when playing football.
    Don't complain about the rules of a game YOU have CHOSEN to play.

Anger against foul play is legitimate.
    Cheaters must be found, and FAIR punishment must be meted out. Period.

You cry in all these threads about "communities", 'harmony" and what-not. Well here's the news:

No peace without justice, man.

No peace without justice...? We're playing a video game with elves and gremlins in it. What are you talking about. Just exactly how serious do you take this game? O_O
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really damage the economy. I'd be intrigued to have someone qualified in economics explain it. If they are selling them cheap surely it could just speed the market up?

Certain Gold Tempers prices were inflating anyway, I have no issue if an exploiter wants to sell a load cheap. I can see anyone sat on Gold Tempers might be narked, but why weren't they selling them, or were they holding onto then to list when prices were higher, I.E. Driving the prices up for all (worse in my book)

I guess it's like printing currency increasing the drops. But with the huge increase in Vet 16's after cake week Golds were in demand.

Anyway not having a pop, just curious to understand the annoyance on all these threads, if it's really economically based 'good for all' or personal jealously / personal impact to stashed Gold mats that's annoyed folks.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at this point ZOS are done with what they're planning to do and we won't hear any more.

This is kind of a shame as I thought maybe with the public outcry from this case and with their statements recently about exploiting they may start to take this more seriously.

Honestly I don't know how I feel about all this. Part of me wants to just say to Oblivion with being an upstanding player and abuse every exploit coming from here on. Part of me wants to just believe somewhere ZOS are having a meeting to discuss how to correctly enforce their game.

I think the only thing we can do is wait until the next large scale exploit like this comes around and see how they handle it then.

The things I want ZOS to take away from this are.
    • You shouldn't wait until a public forums post explaining how an exploit works before fixing it, if it's been reported weeks prior.
    • The players who didn't abuse this came off worse (peak time downtime, no extra materials/gold) than those who abused it.
    • No one is scared of you and most will abuse again.
    • A large number of your community want the ToS/EULA enforced.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • HxC
    HxC
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    ZENIMAX handled the issue really well.
    rewarding exploiters is not a good thing ZOS.
    And how do I know? It is quite obvious if people sell materials 2k lower than usual all of the sudden in all zone chats lol.

The small punishment of a 3 day ban just encourages people to exploit again once another opportunity arises

In fact ZOS do not know who are the exploiters.
    Their script is not able to check if you gather the mats with different maps or the same map. The script is not able to check which character have put the map in the bank and if you use a normal bank or the assistant banker.
    I ask zenimax to compare the number of maps i get from my dailies and the number of maps i use to get my mats, and they doesn't want to check, because they can't .

The script only compare how many time you harvesting a special nodes and how many mats you get from them.
    The full story now.
    1- Someone tell to ZOS their is a possible exploit with bank and crafting survey.
    2- Players ask for a quick fix and discplinaries action against exploiters
    3- ZOS say Yes
    4-ZOS is aware they are not able to know who exploit the system
    5- ZOS made a half baked script to do as they promise
    6 -ZOS HOTFIX And implement the new script
    7- At midnight the script goes on and kick a lot of players from the game even those without the banker assistant.
    8- Some players claim their innocence, customer support had not enough people to check all the accounts so ZOS remove the suspension on some of them and let the others suspended.
    9- On tuesday people suspended come back to the game and tell to others ZOS has not remove items from their inventories
    10- Players don't understand why ZOS have done that.

Conclusion,
    Nobody knows how many players exploited the banker, and ZOS do as they could, even if the better thing to do was to admit they were not able to clearly identify the exploiters.
    And players need to calm down as they are talking without any idea of the reality and the call for blood is disgusting.
    I'm against exploiting but players need a second chance, it's a game after all.
    Edited by HxC on May 4, 2016 11:18AM
    "You call these baubles, well, it is with baubles that men are led… Do you think that you would be able to make men fight by reasoning? Never. That is good only for the scholar in his study. The soldier needs glory, distinctions, rewards." (Napoleon Bonaparte)
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the take home message here is if you buy a ridiculously overpriced cash shop item then this is your free pass to exploit.
  • FatKidHatchets
    FatKidHatchets
    ✭✭✭
    First, All guild banks, personal banks and the like should have been emptied of gold and items related to the individual who was cheating. Yes innocent people would have suffered. That's called guilt by association stop hanging out with cheaters.

But let us be real, the exploit was an advertisement feature. It was going on for quite some time and ZoS didn't step in because it motivated people to buy a 50 dollar shite item that does dik for you. It can't be used anywhere useful because outside of cyrodil for siege storage who can't spend 146 gold (if they are feeling to lazy to ride a horse 3 mins) to teleport to a real bank.

I am sure quite a bit of scratch was made and a 3 day ban is a faint attempt to save face with everyone else. Sadly this has always been the EsO motto. Exploit when an exploit exists cause you only get a slap on the wrists and keep all the ill gotten gains.

Now we all know to advoid future EsO titles and such is the circle of life.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who's getting rich?

I have to politely agree and disagree with this philosophy. I agree with the attitude of if others have more than I, I don't care. What I disagree with is the fact that when Console launched and PC people transferred over lots of gold and items and they messed up the Console economy from day one, it made lots of people upset. Console people made lots of posts complaining about how unbalanced it was. Gold and mats mattered then. It effected people then. And it was justifiable.

I didnt know that you could port stuff to console.Just the characters that one time. They allowed you to port everything you had at the time? That's great.
    Thing is,one cant get angry if others have more than they do ingame.It just makes no sense. If it did mess up the console economy,it doesnt mess up the PC economy. I mean about someone having more than another,..NOT the exploit mentioned of the thread. As I said,it will mess up the economy.
    Perhaps I should have stipulated the difference,but I was unaware of people being able to transfer more than just their characters to console..
    However,the issue that's being talked about here wasnt happening back then.
    I only said I dont agree with exploitations like this,and I dont.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No peace without justice...? We're playing a video game with elves and gremlins in it. What are you talking about. Just exactly how serious do you take this game? O_O

Why, peace in game and justice in game, man.
    As in, you know, removing ill-gained mats and gold, for instance.
    Just as you've got referees and umpires in games of sports, you know.
    And judges IRL.

So here's a hint, though, as you seem clueless: no peace without justice - works everywhere, all the time.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's getting rich?

Here is the problem... exploiters reap high financial gain, then can turn around and buy high level mats to craft the best gold gear... then go to PvP and run rough-shot over those players who cannot afford the highest level mats to make gold gear. Players with a ton of gold hold a significant advantage over players who don't... and it mostly impacts PvP performance but can also effect PvE... as in those able to craft the best sets are better able to complete high-level PvE content, while those who cannot afford it, are left in the dust.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HxC wrote: »
    And how do I know? It is quite obvious if people sell materials 2k lower than usual all of the sudden in all zone chats lol.

The small punishment of a 3 day ban just encourages people to exploit again once another opportunity arises

Conclusion,
    Nobody knows how many players exploited the banker, and ZOS do as they could, even if the better thing to do was to admit they were not able to clearly identify the exploiters.
    And players need to calm down as they are talking without any idea of the reality and the call for blood is disgusting.

Snipped out the parts I won't be addressing to keep things neat.

The fact that ZOS do not know who the exploiters are (if this is true) is a huge problem. It's on them to have a system in pace which allows them to track and punish those who cheat within the game.

Admitting there is a problem tracking things like this on their end and then showing they're invested in fixing that issue going forward would be a good step in bringing back some player confidence.

I think those screaming for pema bans for those involved do need to calm down. There is nothing wrong with a temporary ban or some kind of strike system for first offenders.
    However, the fact this was a 72 hour ban with no removal of assets means that those who took part in it gained a greater deal than they lost. Those who abused this since the start and abused it a lot could have made millions just from vendor trashing the refined materials, more if selling both the materials and tempers to players.

As I stated in my thread here other MMO games and companies take a much stronger stance on exploitation and are far better at communication.

Some examples from that thread below:
    SWTOR Exploit Warning Post
    EVE Online Exploits Page
    Diablo 3 Exploit Warning Post
    Guild Wars 2 Reddit Comment

Once again we seem to be seeing this weird issue where ZOS is full of fantastic friendly, talented developers but someone somewhere is muting them or holding them back from what needs to be done. ESO continues to feel more like a half-effort experiment from Zenimax Media than a fully backed MMO.

There is very little more we can say on this, what's been done as been done. I myself have once again lost all my confidence in ZOS delivering a quality product worth a subscription. That's the sad truth that every problem which has cropped up over the last two years has proven.

So when the next exploit rolls around, I doubt anyone who took part in this one or read about it here on the forums will really be discouraged from partaking in it.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's still no evidence of any official acknowledgement by ZOS that they have limited their actions in this case to 72 hour bans with no confiscations. All we have is anecdotal evidence relating to some of the cases.

It wouldn't be surprising if the first step in a mass-exploit situation was to apply a fairly wide ban based on data logs etc., with the second step being the handling of appeals and where appropriate the reinstatement of those wrongly banned, with the question of confiscation to follow. Just because someone's short suspension is up and they've still got their ill-gotten gains doesn't necessarily mean they won't lose them later. Given the apparent scale of the exploit, the resolution of it was bound to be a major headache for an over-stretched team, and I can well believe that it will take more time to resolve in full. However, some sort of official acknowledgement of the current situation would not go amiss.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Conclusion,

The fact that ZOS do not know who the exploiters are (if this is true) is a huge problem. It's on them to have a system in pace which allows them to track and punish those who cheat within the game.

Admitting there is a problem tracking things like this on their end and then showing they're invested in fixing that issue going forward would be a good step in bringing back some player confidence.

I think those screaming for pema bans for those involved do need to calm down. There is nothing wrong with a temporary ban or some kind of strike system for first offenders.
    However, the fact this was a 72 hour ban with no removal of assets means that those who took part in it gained a greater deal than they lost. Those who abused this since the start and abused it a lot could have made millions just from vendor trashing the refined materials, more if selling both the materials and tempers to players.

As I stated in my thread here other MMO games and companies take a much stronger stance on exploitation and are far better at communication.

EVE Online Exploits Page

Once again we seem to be seeing this weird issue where ZOS is full of fantastic friendly, talented developers but someone somewhere is muting them or holding them back from what needs to be done. ESO continues to feel more like a half-effort experiment from Zenimax Media than a fully backed MMO.

There is very little more we can say on this, what's been done as been done. I myself have once again lost all my confidence in ZOS delivering a quality product worth a subscription. That's the sad truth that every problem which has cropped up over the last two years has proven.

So when the next exploit rolls around, I doubt anyone who took part in this one or read about it here on the forums will really be discouraged from partaking in it.

People really need to calm down. Seriously. And I think you, me, the other gentleman, as well as numerous others have made that very clear. This is whole situation got played quick, and is a total "yawn fest".

As or the future exploits comment, I'll definitely be discouraged from taking part in any exploit/glitch. Whether its on TESO:TU, WoW, etc. Why? Because of the sheer thought of what COULD happen. See, for me it's the "what-ifs". The things that could POTENTIALLY happen. And because of me thinking like this, has prevented me from getting into numerous bad situations. Both offline and online. I'm not saying that I don't take risks. I'm just saying that I don't like taking risks on something I've spent so much money and time on. That's all.
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    You know this is stupid, so what if people are buying cheap mats, if your like me in game and have about 10k gold to your account, then its impossible to upgrade a sword without spending 80k >_>

Why is everyone butthurt over cheap mats?

When i get mats from refining or something i ALWAYS sell them about 1k cheaper than everyone else, as 1) im not greedy, 2) i dont need it and someone else does, and 3) buying a cheap mat would make someone happier in their life

Isnt that why we play game? to make us happy?

(I have never exploited in this game, didnt even do the double mundus exploit back when that was a thing as i didnt know how ;p)
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it impossible when you can farm for mats to decon and do writs for tempers? Benefiting from exploits just encourages it. My personal integrity say that its wrong, but you may have different morals. Takes different strokes I guess.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a long enough thread and I can't spare the whole day to go through it, but it seems to me that most people that are posting here are really focused on punishing people and not so much about fixing the actual problem. These people are those that continually stick gum in the hole of their boat instead of fixing it.

Here's a novel idea, how about fixing the exploit so no one can use it?

If your game has an exploit, it needs to be fixed. I would be demanding that the exploit be fixed, not punish and ban everyone.

See, here's the problem with continuously banning people for an issue that is not being fixed: people will always use the exploit, so ZoS would be alienating themselves from their customers, the very people that pay for the game. No players, no game. Simple. I question the validity of banning based on the fact that your game has an exploit, you are not fixing it, therefore you punish someone for using the exploit.

Firstly, people need to be notified that the exploit exists and be notified that they will be banned for using it. Right now I don't find their communication for these kinds of things is effective at all. They should not be assuming that all of their player base reads these forums. ZoS should be using the game to notify people, in much the same way that the crown store pops up sometimes when you start the game. It needs to be stuck right in people's face before you can ban, so they can't say they didn't know about it.

Also, simply because someone lists an item in guild store for an incredibly low price does not automatically make them an exploiter, that's a ridiculous notion.

Rant done.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    How is it impossible when you can farm for mats to decon and do writs for tempers? Benefiting from exploits just encourages it. My personal integrity say that its wrong, but you may have different morals. Takes different strokes I guess.

Im not agreeing with exploiters, i hate exploiters and i quit the game until the double mundus exploit was fixed as it made people insanely op, if you exploit you should be banned for a week at minimum

AND if you done the mat exploit you should be banned for 1 week, then when you log all gold you made through exploited mats, and all exploited mats on your account should be taken away
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's extremely redundant and frightfully embarrassing watching some of you froth at the mouth about this? You are not a ZOS employee so let them take care of it. It's like a mob mentality, burn the monster. You don't understand you are not in charge this game doesn't belong to you, you are renting the rights to play it. You may think your opinion or shouts to hold people accountable in mean ways holds weight but you are wrong. It's a game get over it. Go play stop trying to be the police. Find something useful to talk about. This isn't a democracy it's a business a private business with rules you agreed to. Pathetic.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know this is stupid, so what if people are buying cheap mats, if your like me in game and have about 10k gold to your account, then its impossible to upgrade a sword without spending 80k >_>

Why is everyone butthurt over cheap mats?

When i get mats from refining or something i ALWAYS sell them about 1k cheaper than everyone else, as 1) im not greedy, 2) i dont need it and someone else does, and 3) buying a cheap mat would make someone happier in their life

Isnt that why we play game? to make us happy?

(I have never exploited in this game, didnt even do the double mundus exploit back when that was a thing as i didnt know how ;p)

The problem is the bug didn't introduce gold tempers alone. There were other rewards like refined materials etc which if vendor trashed in large numbers would inject more gold into the economy.

Also just because more tempers are added to the game doesn't mean the price will crash at a speed where normal players like yourself are going to be getting them. The players who farmed them are more likely to hold onto them for personal use later or trickle them into the market for greater rewards over a slower time.

The price will only crash to a level people can always buy them when the demand is not as high, with them being a consumed resource and the meta changing every three months they're always in high demand.
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    5-10 Million Gold for a 3 day ban? I'd do it. Pretty sure most people would too

I think the standards here are all over the place, use of language can lead to a permanent ban when profanity filter IS ON BY DEFAULT.

Seems the best way to go about this game, is never swear, exploit/dupe/account share....and run a twitch stream.

*EDIT* I lodged a ticket about this exploit about 4 weeks ago, so they knew.
    Edited by Manpoints on May 4, 2016 11:47AM
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's extremely redundant and frightfully embarrassing watching some of you froth at the mouth about this? You are not a ZOS employee so let them take care of it. It's like a mob mentality, burn the monster. You don't understand you are not in charge this game doesn't belong to you, you are renting the rights to play it. You may think your opinion or shouts to hold people accountable in mean ways holds weight but you are wrong. It's a game get over it. Go play stop trying to be the police. Find something useful to talk about. This isn't a democracy it's a business a private business with rules you agreed to. Pathetic.

The issue is that we're paying for a service which is meant to be policed by them and their not doing that.

Most of the rational longer posts by players like myself are not "ban them all, they're evil" but more focused on how and why ZOS are not able to enforce their own game rules in a way which keeps the game fair.

Their private business isn't going to stand up well if the wider gaming world recognises the ESO name with "cheat 2 win". Sure that's an extreme case but it's only going to take one independent writer to get an article out on an MMO site to add yet another black mark to the games name.

The reason this thread continues is because ZOS done derped again. They have a major exploit which went public for the first time since the bank duplication and their response to it was a slap on the wrist to those involved and lack of any further communication.

Additionally if people want this thread to just die like Champ does they need to stop giving people like myself something to quote and debate. By offering counter arguments you give free openings for additional post from those angered about this issue.

Also coming to a thread you have no interest in and telling people they're to stop posting there before calling them pathetic doesn't really do much to help your case that the thread should die. If we're to stop policing the game maybe you should stop policing the forums. :tongue:
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know the witch hunters are coming for you too now, right? And you too will be labeled as an exploiter, and someone who is defending exploiting. Even though your post doesn't do or show any of that. You do know this, correct?

Also, there's nothing we can do except for wait for threads like these to be locked and deleted. People like you and I and numerous others can try to talk some logic and sense into people, but unfortunately people will ultimately do and think how they please. It's like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink." We can lead people to some sanity, and some logic... But, we can't make them accept and apply it.

You admitted yourself you were banned for using that exploit so i would say its a little different situation.
  • HxC
    HxC
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Conclusion,

EVE Online Exploits Page

Yes it's the truth they can't identify the exploiters, as i say i asked them to compare my number of maps earned and the numbers of map use which is the most reliable information you can check to see if i had use more map than intended.
    But what they do is checking the number of materials you gathered with the maps, then if the number was suspicious you were suspended. Why using this method while the map numbers comparison is much more reliable.
    Answer, they are not able to do it. (And the suspicious number were between 150-200 not 500 as they claim)

The biggest problem for them it's the cost , it's a company, checking manually 1k+ accounts takes a lot of times and money they don't want to put on that.
    There is no more a real customer support , only few people dealing with thousand of players problems.
    All they can do is communicate , and all players can do use to push ZOS to create a real customer support.

Last information, ZOS suspended me and start replying to my mails after the suspension was lifted.
    Edited by HxC on May 4, 2016 11:54AM
    "You call these baubles, well, it is with baubles that men are led… Do you think that you would be able to make men fight by reasoning? Never. That is good only for the scholar in his study. The soldier needs glory, distinctions, rewards." (Napoleon Bonaparte)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know the witch hunters are coming for you too now, right? And you too will be labeled as an exploiter, and someone who is defending exploiting. Even though your post doesn't do or show any of that. You do know this, correct?

Also, there's nothing we can do except for wait for threads like these to be locked and deleted. People like you and I and numerous others can try to talk some logic and sense into people, but unfortunately people will ultimately do and think how they please. It's like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink." We can lead people to some sanity, and some logic... But, we can't make them accept and apply it.

See my post above. If you want the thread to die stop bumping it and giving people a reason to post towards you.

If you really didn't enjoy the posting here and wanted the thread to die you would just ignore it. I get the feeling you actually kind of enjoy making the jabs and pokes here to try and get a heated response though.

Apologies if I am wrong on that front however that's what it seems to be from your posting history.

Again, if the thread annoys you that much, just don't read it. If you're having fun debating and debunking then continue to do so without insulting other peoples intelligence and stating their opinions are wrong because they don't fall in line with your own.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus Hey brah! Hey! You put some respek on my name. Stop playing with my name. When my name comes up, respek it. Aight?

But no, seriously I just dislike witch hunt threads. That's all. You're fine, and good in my book. Lol. xD
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus Hey brah! Hey! You put some respek on my name. Stop playing with my name. When my name comes up, respek it. Aight?

But no, seriously I just dislike witch hunt threads. That's all. You're fine, and good in my book. Lol. xD

I agree the witch hunt part of this is dumb and needs to be over.

I would like a thread to continue a rational and calm discussion about players expectations of ZOS/ESO rule enforcement going forwards though. Which sadly gets far too derailed because of the bickering over opinions.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took this from a thread last WEEK:

Hope Zenimax can take something good from this post and try to improve this series. Just feels like im paying to BETA test a game that gets little investment in anyway. For those who said HOTFIX at Friday night was good idea, think of how long this particular glitch was out and when they decided to start working on it. They were told and threw a band aid fix on it. What happens to the smart exploiters who used 1 account to spam and send the mats, or sell the mats, to another. 1 account locked no doubt with the coding script, but anyone smart sending those to a friend, or another account. Those materials are now in the economy like the heaps of perfect roe from Wrothgar BETA DLC so i fail to see how anything was really addressed other than the ~3 hours game time.

Anyone with half a brain does above, as Zeni cant police members individually, they use a generic script and miss mats being muled. Only thing addressed in HOTFIX was to stop that loophole being exploited anyMORE lol

_________________________________________________________________________________

As said earlier in another thread:
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Its the exploiters fault.

They are partially to blame.

Zo$ carries the other part. Releasing and CHARGING for content that isn't even tested, shows they rather get some quick money. How long was this exploit going on?, weeks. Shows how out of touch they really are.

So, my thoughts are. I pay for game, pay for sub, pay for banker and then i am supposed to beta test there new content and inform them of their mistakes because they are incompetent on testing?. Yeah GG

I am actually surprised and gladdened more people are taking the above perspective. Only when we deem this behavior not acceptable will it be that.
    I find it ludicrous that people imply, on my/others personal time away from my work, i hold some obligation to do Zenimax's work for them, which they pay employees to 'handle' (I say this very loosely) as its obviously not handled lol

But let us be real, the exploit was an advertisement feature. It was going on for quite some time and ZoS didn't step in because it motivated people to buy a 50 dollar shite item that does dik for you. It can't be used anywhere useful because outside of cyrodil for siege storage who can't spend 146 gold (if they are feeling to lazy to ride a horse 3 mins) to teleport to a real bank.
    I am sure quite a bit of scratch was made and a 3 day ban is a faint attempt to save face with everyone else. Sadly this has always been the EsO motto. Exploit when an exploit exists cause you only get a slap on the wrists and keep all the ill gotten gains.

This also mirrors my thoughts. Anyone else thinking differently needs a good lesson in capitalism ) Next exploit out, ask yourself, would more or less people do it? GG