The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.1

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The team has been reading everyone's feedback on Bracing, and are looking at making some adjustments. It's still being worked on which is why it wasn't in yesterday's incremental patch.

Thank you! This is excellent news.
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno If you don't mind me asking why isn't the"Battle Spirit" being used to balance out magicka shield stacking builds in PvP instead of nerfing the shields to 6 sec for PvP and PvE. There are many people that PvE solo and in groups, the shield nerf hits many people like myself pretty hard.
    Edited by GriM_728 on May 3, 2016 4:07PM
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dyride wrote: »
    This is now a NERF buff stam sorc thread.

Well, the situation got so bad, we would even endorse despised Necromancy for the survival of stamina sorcs ....

I really think the Soul Magic line should be re-vamped into a Necromancy skill tree. It is basically useless except for the ultimate for many players.

And.... the Mages Guild line should be touched up to add in at least one direct damage ability.
    Edited by NobleNerd on May 3, 2016 4:15PM
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Item sets were iterated on, but I saw nothing for the 1-handed Maelstrom sword/mace, which is in dire straits.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2940802 This sums up why it is generally useless to use the "Tanking" Maelstrom weapon. Any chance this is being looked at? It is a neat concept and would be nice to have it as a competitive choice, so we have to choose what we want, instead of just ignoring it.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imenace wrote: »
    FIX VAMPIRE STEALTH. please dont let this go to live.. PLEASE FIX IT
    What's wrong with vamp stealth?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, you missed out an amazing patch note, either from here or 2.4.0 (not sure which); starting on the starter islands is back!

I even took the liberty of writing the patch note for you:

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest
    • Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: On completing this quest, you will now arrive directly at your alliance's starter island, instead of the first main city. This should allow players to follow the plot sequences of the storyline in the intended order. You will still be able to immediately travel to the first main city from a boat on the dock nearby if you so choose.

Very pleased about this. Story progression integrity is restored. Now if only you could bring Babineaux Redain back as a quest giver who appears outside Daggerfall Castle for "Turning of the Trees" after "Blood and the Crescent Moon" is finished...
    Oh gosh, you're right. :confounded: That was indeed included in 2.4.0 and just completely missed the note for it. Thank you!
    Feedback in connection with this:
    With this change, it appears the Boatswain Gilzir has been moved to the northern harbour, next to the lighthouse. I think it would make more sense if he was put back at the southern docks next to the Spearhead, as that is where Mihayya sends you if you accept "The Broken Spearhead" from her. It is also where the optional objective to "Talk to Tumma-Shah" is located. With the change left as it is, the two objectives for this quest are located at opposite ends of the city. What's more, anyone who knows where Gilzir usually is will have a hard time finding him.
    (Also submitted as feedback ticket 160503-001225)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Exploration & Itemization
    Item Sets
    • Black Rose: Reduced the bonus this item set provides to the Constitution Heavy Armor passive to 40% from 50% to account for the recent buff to Constitution.
    Can stamplars also get some love? They are stuck in the teens to low 20's DPS and since DPS checks are a thing in vetMoL and bringing the second lowest DPS guy along with Stam Sorcs is not really an option...

Lol, stamplars are pulling 34k dps. Ive seen Woeler do it so I know its possible.

Could you link this, I would love to see how. I am struggling to get in the mid 20's I need some pointers. Blood spwan I pulled 22k. That's my best. Could anyone show a 30k+ parse with a stamplar I just wanna know it's actually possible.

I didnt record it but you could message @Woeler and ask him what kind of build he's running.

Probably DW Maelstrom daggers with bow.

I play stamina DK lol. Templar is kinda trash.
    Edited by Woeler on May 3, 2016 6:27PM
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for restoring the way new characters began as it was before the sweeping change just before release. I always thought it was better to start on a starting island, but give characters a way to travel right away rather than forcing them to quest through the starting series first.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I know its been stated before..but race change was suppose to come this patch..any reason why it wasn't added in?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there any plans to introduce any other personalities by release of Dark Brotherhood?
    Not before Dark Brotherhood is released, but in the future, absolutely!

@ZOS_GinaBruno, you missed out an amazing patch note, either from here or 2.4.0 (not sure which); starting on the starter islands is back!

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest
    • Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: On completing this quest, you will now arrive directly at your alliance's starter island, instead of the first main city. This should allow players to follow the plot sequences of the storyline in the intended order. You will still be able to immediately travel to the first main city from a boat on the dock nearby if you so choose.

Very pleased about this. Story progression integrity is restored. Now if only you could bring Babineaux Redain back as a quest giver who appears outside Daggerfall Castle for "Turning of the Trees" after "Blood and the Crescent Moon" is finished...
    Oh gosh, you're right. :confounded: That was indeed included in 2.4.0 and just completely missed the note for it. Thank you!

Firerock2 wrote: »
    No fix for bracing...

QFT
    The team has been reading everyone's feedback on Bracing, and are looking at making some adjustments. It's still being worked on which is why it wasn't in yesterday's incremental patch.

Thanks Gina.

Might be worth to reiterate that you mentioned in another thread that this patch does not include many skill based changes since the teams are currently working on those fixes still. Correct me if I paraphrased that comment too much.

Not sure people read that before reading the patch notes?

That's true. The main focus at least for the gameplay team was iterating on the item sets specifically. They are continuing to look at ability adjustments, which is why there weren't many changes to abilities in this patch.
    Nothing on Puncturing Sweeps? I thought it was said to be bugged?
    #MOREORBS
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno, you missed out an amazing patch note, either from here or 2.4.0 (not sure which); starting on the starter islands is back!

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

OMG @Enodoc That is absolutely amazing news! First quick cast ground abilities, and now this? I love the the ninja buff good things! This will make it MUCH simpler for brand new players.

*scratches how to get to the starter islands off of guides I need to redo list*

YES!!! SO AMAZING!!! I was so happy when I read Enodoc's post on this. I always went immediately to the starter islands with all my characters (but appreciated being able to travel to first main zones when needed, e.g. horse training). I didn't like that my characters were then over leveled, but you miss so much great backstory if you skip them.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    I know its been stated before..but race change was suppose to come this patch..any reason why it wasn't added in?
    Don't know where you heard that... we've known race change is in the works, but it was never expected to be in this update.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you raising CP limit? I am feeling stuck at 520.... As even gaining more CP not progressing character any further..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 4, 2016 7:34AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Players

Magicka Sorcs

Salty Tears Arena: Created a new area spefically for magicka sorcs who QQ about their damage shields, specifically for them to learn to play and encourage them to show effort rather than gain massive rewards by being 2-button wanna-be's.

;)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL this^
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

Players

Magicka Sorcs

Salty Tears Arena: Created a new area spefically for magicka sorcs who QQ about their damage shields, specifically for them to learn to play and encourage them to show effort rather than gain massive rewards by being 2-button wanna-be's.

;)

Im not sure if you read the changes the same as I did but every magicka build now has roughly the same shield as hardened ward with dampen magic.

Good luck killing magicka templars or magicka NBs with hardened ward sized shields haha.

*Mumbles something about the lack of class balance*
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , any plans on (please) removing that weird shield-like visual clue that now comes up whenever you block, or at least making it an option that can be enabled in the settings, or something that shows up only in Cyrodiil, or only when engaged in combat? It's terribly immersion-breaking (and it's going to ruin so many otherwise beautiful screenshots).

Also... yeah, Sorcs. Please. Have mercy on us Sorcerer PvEers out there.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS - FYI
    Coloring station problem with the Pelinat's Aptitude Set. The armor will color if you randomize it but the color slots are missing for each piece of armor.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any news on @Wrobel making the Templar house stronger? Preferably with the purfying ritual AOE DMG on par with Sorcerer daedric mines?

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • SaintIgor
    SaintIgor
    Soul Shriven
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Locust115 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm really disappointed you are removing the Veteran system. i understand it will be easier for all the newcomers, but now ive been here since beta, theres so much i STILL havent accomplished with even more coming, and now my veteran ranks i worked so hard for the ONE character i have are basically null and void. I mean i loev this game, i really do, but so mch has changed ability wise, and now this? what are you even gonna do with all the material ranks, not to mention, im still not getting my rank 10 provisioning writ, and ive only received 1 psyjic ambrosia recipe fragment. the entire time ive been playing now for what, 2 years? I started my own guild at the very beginning at launch, i was never invited or consulted in game to any sort of say in this. And of course youll blame me for not participating in the forum sooner. true, ill own that, but jesus, the problem isnt the veteran ranking system, its the items you pick up in dungeons. and even still, theres allot Ive had to learn in doing it the way it is, that creates depth in the game, and thats not something id even want to sacrifice at this point, because it makes me have to earn it... ive had to earn these achievements so far. and yeah, I'm not a grand warlord, i havent even been emp yet, but the challenge is real and worth it, and i wouldnt change the veteran system, just things around it.

not to mention, slowing down the rate people are earning champ points just EMPOWERS the people at the highest ranks already. you need to NERF those high CP players so that people can jump in and stand a chance. there are so many guild that just harvest, and price stack, and gain advantages allot of solo players cant. at least how it is now, i earn a reasonable amounf of champ points by going through all 3 alliance stories with 1 charachter, so it encourages me to make more than one, which is what i JUST STARTED DOING. whtout the veteran ranks, there is NO incentive to pursue those, because everyone will reach level 50 by the end of their alliance chapter.

stop *** with the game already. please.

See it this way, you can get a new char, get him to level 50 and then he will be on par to your older character

VR where one of the worst decisions in this game. They definitively were too slow.

VRs now are converted into CPs, so 10 CPs is basically 1 VR. If you have 160 CPs, then you will be on par to VR16 chars

It happens the same with materials. If you have some nighwood, you will be able to craft weapons and shields for a 140 CPs char.

I see it more like a solution. It was very stupid to have a bar for VRs and another for CPs, when CPs impact over level 50 was more important than the VRs impact in your stats.

So, my advice is quiet simple, get 160 CPs if you still don't have it, and you will be OK forever and ever.

• SaintIgor
    SaintIgor
    Soul Shriven
    I think you all miss the point of the complaint. What can be expected from whiny she dogs I suppose. I for one am not looking forward to this change. I have worked multiple characters up the vet ranks and was enjoying working my remaining characters up as well. Come May 31 all my characters are max level with no progression possible. I guess that's fun for you and your friends who like to whine about how hard it is to level. Of course if you just applied that whiny energy to leveling this would never have come up. My subscription ends in June. I will not be renewing. Thanks for a year of fun ESO sorry you decided to ruin it. All Hail the might of the whiny she dogs.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaintIgor wrote: »
    I think you all miss the point of the complaint. What can be expected from whiny she dogs I suppose. I for one am not looking forward to this change. I have worked multiple characters up the vet ranks and was enjoying working my remaining characters up as well. Come May 31 all my characters are max level with no progression possible. I guess that's fun for you and your friends who like to whine about how hard it is to level. Of course if you just applied that whiny energy to leveling this would never have come up. My subscription ends in June. I will not be renewing. Thanks for a year of fun ESO sorry you decided to ruin it. All Hail the might of the whiny she dogs.

Um, unless you're at 501 CP, you can keep progressing by collecting more CP. The removal of vet ranks is fine. Their decision to not raise the 501 cap is the part that I don't like.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the new shield visual clips through my actual shield.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude, chill. It's hardly going to effect you if you already have 160 CP :smile:
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , chains still suffers the too high too low bug. Please please pretty please suggest that chains is fixed as part of the much bigger db overhaul of charging attacks.

its been over 9 months that chains has had this bug. Now is a good time to give it back functionality in the cases that an enemy has a .2 centimeter difference in height compared to thw caster.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ZOS - FYI
    Coloring station problem with the Pelinat's Aptitude Set. The armor will color if you randomize it but the color slots are missing for each piece of armor.

Did you happen to get that piece using a character made from a template?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This has been in the works for quite some time - longer, even than you've been playing (1 year) I believe. I wasn't happy when I first read about it either, but then, at the time, I had just gotten my main to Vet ranks, and the Champion system wasn't yet implemented. At the time, I thought "what's the big deal about leveling alts to V16?"

However, after seeing the Champion system and still trying to grind my only vet character to 16, I can't imagine having to do that with 7 other characters. My enthusiasm for this game has waned, and so I don't play it as often as I used to, so I'm glad that when I get my alts to 50, that's it. I can still do silver/gold zones and DLC for extra skill points to develop these characters, and they can start contributing to my CP pool, but I don't have to grind them all to V16 for the 16 SPs/APs and top gear.

I am, however, somewhat disappointed that gear will still be tiered/gated by CP level. I'd feel better about it if all sets were available at all CP levels - they aren't with Vet levels. Also, using CP levels does allow them to implement new crafting tiers in future, to enable stronger gear above 160 CP.

I do feel bad for all the players stuck at 501 CP, as right now, there's really no sense of progression for them. Yes, they're slowly gaining more CP, but can't do anything with it.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS - FYI

I had the same issue with Gladiator set, in Anvil crafting statiom, with template character. I was able to dye atleast Molag Kena, Viper's Sting and Dreugh King slayer no problem, but Gladiator set color slots were missing.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ZOS - FYI

I had the same issue with Gladiator set, in Anvil crafting statiom, with template character. I was able to dye atleast Molag Kena, Viper's Sting and Dreugh King slayer no problem, but Gladiator set color slots were missing.

Ok, yes. That is a known bug, and is due to using a templated character. All item sets can be dyed normally if you use a copied character, or should be fine once we go live with Dark Brotherhood.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked the Viper Sting set, now I have even more reason to love it since it's now at max rank and does so much more poison damage.

Poison shall rain down like a cloud of death upon my enemies and I shall love every second of it.
    Argonian forever