The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.1

• Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    If we look across the individual class posts, there's the same request to fix skills not working as described.

I would put skill fixes as the priority before pts adjustments on all classes - otherwise how can you accurately assess a class's performance if they are operating with some bugged skills or players avoiding them completely due to bugs?

Similarly the pts shouldn't just prioritize adjustments to changes, otherwise you end up dragging around an ever increasing number of skill bugs which is one of the most common reasons for player's frustrations getting the better of their loyalty to the game.

So, both fixes and revisions need to be worked on in that order.

Developer revisions during pts trials need to happen, sometimes significant ones. No one gets it right all the time, and in the complex and multi-layered mmo environment it is illogical to operate as though you do.

Initial changes that seem accurate on paper can sometimes turn out differently than intended, when exposed to game wide usage. A good development team should have the confidence to carry out subsequent pts adjustments.

Some changes may be working as intended, others requiring minor adjustments, and occasionally larger adjustments or even reverses need to be actioned.

Accompanied with good developer explanations, these subsequent pts revisions will gain player confidence, gain loyalty. This is after all what a pts is there for. Not just bug fixes alone.

Of course, the opposite is also true. If a pts game version is subsequently made live with little or no adjustment this can have a negative affect on player confidence.
    What is the point of having a pts would be the obvious call. The pts then is being used as little more than an advert for the patch, not what it's server title states.

With the amount of changes in DB I hope the team has enough time and resource to fully tackle both the bugs and the adjustments as the trial evolves. It seems to be a real stretch to expect this, but that doesn't lessen the need.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    ... Viper is a 4k damage proc currently, and increasing it by 500% means 20k procs. 20k Poison Damage every 4 seconds. Most people have 20-25k HP in PvP.

GG Zenimax, GG.

add 66% more dmg from DK pasive.... GG indeed!
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    PLS make the shields atleast 12 secs......of SORC:) and make me play this game

how about NO ?
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭
    I can´t understand all MagSorcs whining about shield duration. U just have to adapt your playstile, and now its more balanced between the classes. Dont tell that MagSorcs were Prepatch such a bad class and now even gut nerfed. Thats just wrong.

Adapt? Again? For what, so they can revamp the game again next update? I don't think you realize how much this impacts pve, not pvp. I'm not even talking about vMA just vet dungeons in general. I had to dump my magicka Sorc tank build due to this update. Having a 6sec shield kills off my resources. I was able to stack harness and conjured for and was golden for mitigating damage. 100 into bastion and was sitting on roughly a 20k shield. That's a thing of the past now.

Not everyone solely is a PvPer.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... Viper is a 4k damage proc currently, and increasing it by 500% means 20k procs. 20k Poison Damage every 4 seconds. Most people have 20-25k HP in PvP.

GG Zenimax, GG.

So how does one mitigate that amount of damage @ZOS_GinaBruno.?
    PC EU
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So where are the fixes to the Vampire dark stalker bug? you know if it was left the way it was we wouldn't have these bugs at all.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on May 3, 2016 7:40AM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can stamplars also get some love? They are stuck in the teens to low 20's DPS and since DPS checks are a thing in vetMoL and bringing the second lowest DPS guy along with Stam Sorcs is not really an option...
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can stamplars also get some love? They are stuck in the teens to low 20's DPS and since DPS checks are a thing in vetMoL and bringing the second lowest DPS guy along with Stam Sorcs is not really an option...

Lol, stamplars are pulling 34k dps. Ive seen Woeler do it so I know its possible.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, stamplars are pulling 34k dps. Ive seen Woeler do it so I know its possible.

Could you link this, I would love to see how. I am struggling to get in the mid 20's I need some pointers. Blood spwan I pulled 22k. That's my best. Could anyone show a 30k+ parse with a stamplar I just wanna know it's actually possible.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And obviously I don't mean by going werewolf orngetting a camo hunger sneak attack off that's not gonna be a thing soon. I mean in rotation stamplar... Sustained in the 30's I just don't need it has possible...
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

video or it do not exist.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about armor values on the PTS? Currently shoulder pieces seem to have the same armor value as head and legs. Chest seems to be higher than either of those and dropped armor values appear to be higher than crafted now.

Is this intended?
    NA/PC
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    What about armor values on the PTS? Currently shoulder pieces seem to have the same armor value as head and legs. Chest seems to be higher than either of those and dropped armor values appear to be higher than crafted now.

Is this intended?

Um, shoulder and feet have always had full armor value. It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

The armor value order has always been:
    Chest
    Head = Legs = Shoulders = Feet
    Hands
    Waist

Working as intended.

As for dropped being higher than crafted. Are you sure that it's the same slot, same level/CP, same weight, and same color quality?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, you missed out an amazing patch note, either from here or 2.4.0 (not sure which); starting on the starter islands is back!

I even took the liberty of writing the patch note for you:

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest
    • Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: On completing this quest, you will now arrive directly at your alliance's starter island, instead of the first main city. This should allow players to follow the plot sequences of the storyline in the intended order. You will still be able to immediately travel to the first main city from a boat on the dock nearby if you so choose.

Very pleased about this. Story progression integrity is restored. Now if only you could bring Babineaux Redain back as a quest giver who appears outside Daggerfall Castle for "Turning of the Trees" after "Blood and the Crescent Moon" is finished...

We lost that battle two years ago. ZOS is as likely to change it back as they are to remake the game into Buffy the Vampire Slayer Online.

While I am sure this is not true, I like to spin the tale of how the reviewers got lost on Bleakrock and never figured out how to get to the real game, so ZOS decided to "fix" it. Ever since then, the flow of the main story has been compromised. If you go to the starting islands, you get the whole story and get to make some important friends and decisions, but you level so much that when you get back you are too powerful. If you skip the starting islands, your level matches the world, but you miss out on content that meets up with the player at the end of the main quest.

Lots of alternative suggestions were offered, but this was one of many cases where the "parents" know best and the "children" need not be concerned in the matters of adults.

(Edit: of course, the real reason is that they already decided, already did the work, and to change things would be more work, work they don't want to do because they already decided and already did the work.)
    Edited by Elsonso on May 3, 2016 1:29PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Aquanova wrote: »

Is this intended?

Um, shoulder and feet have always had full armor value. It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

The armor value order has always been:
    Chest
    Head = Legs = Shoulders = Feet
    Hands
    Waist

Working as intended.

As for dropped being higher than crafted. Are you sure that it's the same slot, same level/CP, same weight, and same color quality?

I'll have to check that. I always thought that shoulders, belt, hands and feet had less of an armor value than legs and helm. I guess I was paying more attention to the glyph values than the actual armor values. As for the chest, again ill have to double check that, i think your probably right though.Thanks for clearing that up :)
    NA/PC
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could you link this, I would love to see how. I am struggling to get in the mid 20's I need some pointers. Blood spwan I pulled 22k. That's my best. Could anyone show a 30k+ parse with a stamplar I just wanna know it's actually possible.

I didnt record it but you could message @Woeler and ask him what kind of build he's running.

Probably DW Maelstrom daggers with bow.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, you missed out an amazing patch note, either from here or 2.4.0 (not sure which); starting on the starter islands is back!

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest
    • Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: On completing this quest, you will now arrive directly at your alliance's starter island, instead of the first main city. This should allow players to follow the plot sequences of the storyline in the intended order. You will still be able to immediately travel to the first main city from a boat on the dock nearby if you so choose.

Very pleased about this. Story progression integrity is restored. Now if only you could bring Babineaux Redain back as a quest giver who appears outside Daggerfall Castle for "Turning of the Trees" after "Blood and the Crescent Moon" is finished...
    We lost that battle two years ago. ZOS is as likely to change it back as they are to remake the game into Buffy the Vampire Slayer Online.

While I am sure this is not true, I like to spin the tale of how the reviewers got lost on Bleakrock and never figured out how to get to the real game, so ZOS decided to "fix" it. Ever since then, the flow of the main story has been compromised. If you go to the starting islands, you get the whole story and get to make some important friends and decisions, but you level so much that when you get back you are too powerful. If you skip the starting islands, your level matches the world, but you miss out on content that meets up with the player at the end of the main quest.

Lots of alternative suggestions were offered, but this was one of many cases where the "parents" know best and the "children" need not be concerned in the matters of adults.

(Edit: of course, the real reason is that they already decided, already did the work, and to change things would be more work, work they don't want to do because they already decided and already did the work.)
    @lordrichter You missed my point. This is implemented, the starter islands are back. Gina just missed it out of the patch notes.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there any plans to introduce any other personalities by release of Dark Brotherhood?
    Not before Dark Brotherhood is released, but in the future, absolutely!

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

Oh gosh, you're right. :confounded: That was indeed included in 2.4.0 and just completely missed the note for it. Thank you!

Firerock2 wrote: »
    No fix for bracing...

QFT
    The team has been reading everyone's feedback on Bracing, and are looking at making some adjustments. It's still being worked on which is why it wasn't in yesterday's incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

@lordrichter You missed my point. This is implemented, the starter islands are back. Gina just missed it out of the patch notes.

Yes, I did miss your point. However, you have to forgive me if I don't believe you. :smile:

Edit: dang it Gina, sneaking in like that.... :smiley:
    Edited by Elsonso on May 3, 2016 3:42PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno, you missed out an amazing patch note, either from here or 2.4.0 (not sure which); starting on the starter islands is back!

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

OMG @Enodoc That is absolutely amazing news! First quick cast ground abilities, and now this? I love the the ninja buff good things! This will make it MUCH simpler for brand new players.

*scratches how to get to the starter islands off of guides I need to redo list*
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GG Zenimax, GG.

Before any more people get the misconceptions that DK deals increased poison damage,

No DK does not have any bonus on general Poison Damage skills.

DKs only deal bonus damage in the poisoned status effect which can be procced by Poison Damage skills. It is a weak DoT.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a few posts that were a bit off-topic. Please keep your comments relevant to the patch notes. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there any plans to introduce any other personalities by release of Dark Brotherhood?

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

Oh gosh, you're right. :confounded: That was indeed included in 2.4.0 and just completely missed the note for it. Thank you!

No fix for bracing...

QFT
    The team has been reading everyone's feedback on Bracing, and are looking at making some adjustments. It's still being worked on which is why it wasn't in yesterday's incremental patch.

@Personofsecrets
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

No fix for bracing...

QFT

Thanks Gina.

Might be worth to reiterate that you mentioned in another thread that this patch does not include many skill based changes since the teams are currently working on those fixes still. Correct me if I paraphrased that comment too much.

Not sure people read that before reading the patch notes?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Locust115 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm really disappointed you are removing the Veteran system. i understand it will be easier for all the newcomers, but now ive been here since beta, theres so much i STILL havent accomplished with even more coming, and now my veteran ranks i worked so hard for the ONE character i have are basically null and void. I mean i loev this game, i really do, but so mch has changed ability wise, and now this? what are you even gonna do with all the material ranks, not to mention, im still not getting my rank 10 provisioning writ, and ive only received 1 psyjic ambrosia recipe fragment. the entire time ive been playing now for what, 2 years? I started my own guild at the very beginning at launch, i was never invited or consulted in game to any sort of say in this. And of course youll blame me for not participating in the forum sooner. true, ill own that, but jesus, the problem isnt the veteran ranking system, its the items you pick up in dungeons. and even still, theres allot Ive had to learn in doing it the way it is, that creates depth in the game, and thats not something id even want to sacrifice at this point, because it makes me have to earn it... ive had to earn these achievements so far. and yeah, I'm not a grand warlord, i havent even been emp yet, but the challenge is real and worth it, and i wouldnt change the veteran system, just things around it.

not to mention, slowing down the rate people are earning champ points just EMPOWERS the people at the highest ranks already. you need to NERF those high CP players so that people can jump in and stand a chance. there are so many guild that just harvest, and price stack, and gain advantages allot of solo players cant. at least how it is now, i earn a reasonable amounf of champ points by going through all 3 alliance stories with 1 charachter, so it encourages me to make more than one, which is what i JUST STARTED DOING. whtout the veteran ranks, there is NO incentive to pursue those, because everyone will reach level 50 by the end of their alliance chapter.

stop *** with the game already. please.

See it this way, you can get a new char, get him to level 50 and then he will be on par to your older character

VR where one of the worst decisions in this game. They definitively were too slow.

VRs now are converted into CPs, so 10 CPs is basically 1 VR. If you have 160 CPs, then you will be on par to VR16 chars

It happens the same with materials. If you have some nighwood, you will be able to craft weapons and shields for a 140 CPs char.

I see it more like a solution. It was very stupid to have a bar for VRs and another for CPs, when CPs impact over level 50 was more important than the VRs impact in your stats.

So, my advice is quiet simple, get 160 CPs if you still don't have it, and you will be OK forever and ever.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No wuff for werewolves? Did you check out our threads/feedback?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing on sorc shields?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Minno wrote: »

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

No fix for bracing...

QFT

Thanks Gina.

Might be worth to reiterate that you mentioned in another thread that this patch does not include many skill based changes since the teams are currently working on those fixes still. Correct me if I paraphrased that comment too much.

That's true. The main focus at least for the gameplay team was iterating on the item sets specifically. They are continuing to look at ability adjustments, which is why there weren't many changes to abilities in this patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Nothing on sorc shields?

What's done is done. Mag sorcs and mag DKs both got the "D".
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Quests and Zones
    Main Quest

No fix for bracing...

QFT

Thanks Gina.

That's true. The main focus at least for the gameplay team was iterating on the item sets specifically. They are continuing to look at ability adjustments, which is why there weren't many changes to abilities in this patch.

Thank you for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno . I will attempt to write in a more condensed form about peoples thoughts (those for,againt,and who dont care) about bracing in the next day or so.

I know that it must be tricky to balance around tanking, especially because of the many different preferred play styles thay differsnt types of tanks use. Hopefully I can say something that may be if use to the team.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel