Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Veteran Maelstrom Arena Drop Rates

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why I didnt even completed vet Arena Once !
    I did normal once to see what it was about and I already almost fell asleep from boredom.
    PVE and dungeons are as fun as watching paint dry.
    I wont submit myself to the RNG god and to this torture. And neither should you ! If everyone refused, Zos would have to devise some other mechanic.
    I wanted the Skoria helm for pvp, but now way I was gonna farm for it, not once !
    Imagine how I laughed and pitied the poor farmers when I bought it from the new vendors.
    Ok, then I needed the shoulders but I got it while leveling undaunted ...
    Edited by Vanzen on April 15, 2016 2:36PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today's drops....cuirass of glory and a malestrom staff.....a RESTO...my 5th one. Whoooooooooo. Daggers seem to be the rarest ones to get.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on that thing I don't have time for the RNG grinding is not fun at long grinds for no reward not worth it.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you guys are certainly showing them...after paying for the game, sub, and maybe some crowns. They are gonna miss you. Really. Cause it's not like they already made the lion's share from your initial purchases.

You're ignoring basics in economics (lifetime value) and politics. ESO Plus costs 12.99€ a month. People that come to the forums aren't normal players. It's players that are especially attached to ESO (and, like I, usually spend more money on it than just the subscription). Just me not spending any money on ESO means ~30 - 50€ less a month for ZOS. Now, as I said, I'm very attached to ESO. I have a big, successful trading guild and many friends in game (that are also very unhappy with this system). I encourage those people not to spend any money on ESO Plus. At the same time, I'm in a position where I give people approval, due to guild ranks for example. Me requesting those people to drop their subscription has an effect on them. I know at least 10 people that have decided not to spend a single Cent on ESO anymore that were loyal customers.

That's how politics work. And no, it's not me who's being the *** here. I'm not trying to "bring the evil ZOS empire down". I'm being the voice of reason, representing many other (loyal!) players. The vMA drop system costs ZOS money every month, every day, quite a bit of it with which they could easily pay not just a single developer's salary. I have no doubt we're talking about 100k+ here.

Not only am I (and everyone supporting here) improving my own experience in the future by giving this feedback, but I'm helping ZOS as well.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't done the arena near as much as you, but my first run was a culmination of several days learning it. Got well fitted greaves. Yesterday I completed it in one sitting (3 hours still tho) and got a succession piece. So I haven't gotten a maelstrom weapon at all yet, though my score is currently on the board (140000) so if it stays I'll get a weekly. I'm hoping I don't get knocked off! Templar PC NA btw. Any Templars on PC NA know if 140k will stay on? I know it's a horrible score :(
  • jowww97
    jowww97
    ✭✭
    jowww97 wrote: »
    (including the weekly reward)

45 runs, 16 maelstron items!!! 35% of drop rate. this is ridiculous.

How is it 35% drop chance if it includes the weekly reward? The drop chance only applies to the chest.

You are probably doing it on a Templar or Dragonknight. On Sorcerer or Nightblade, there is no chance to get on the leaderboard. Too many cheaters and people that already have Maelstrom weapons. It's impossible to compete with that.

My bad. 45 runs, 14 maelstorn items! 31% drop chance.

And I'm doing it on a sorcerer without maelstron weapons (BECAUSE I NEVER GET A DESTRO STAFF!!) And I only got the weekly after 40 runs, and I don't even care if I'm in the top 100 rank, because I only got the same weapon twice.
    Ps4 player
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I know a lot of guys with a lot of completes of this thing and no sharpened flame staff. I'm just saying this stealth RNG stuff they pull with desirable trait / weapon combinations dropping less than undesirable ones is pretty evil and pretty hard to run numbers on. Looks like MOL stuff is similar as well. In my 8 gold weekly weapons I have never had a correct weapon / trait / set combination. That is less frustrating though since I don't consider the sets even good in slot let alone best in slot and just run weekly trials for the fun and camaraderie. Maelstrom weapons are actually awesomely powerful though and I don't find that content, which is long, solo, and a bit stressful, fun at all. Bottom line, I don't intend to ever grind it as I don't want to be that guy who wasted his precious game time for 100 runs and got the D and statistically it looks very likely that that would be the case.

I agree with all the above posters, tokens are probably a must at this point as RNG has treated us so bad that many of us are gun shy to even start farming for BOP gear. Trust in ZOS to be rewarded for success is pretty nonexistent.

Of course we might all also find that we can buy that weapon of our dream Friday for a paltry 200k AP which we obtained in entirely unrelated content. Hope you didn't spend 100 gold keys trying to get Kena shoulders.

Trust is the fundamental currency in any transaction and ZOS does not have any.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today's drops...another great sword from the weekly....and 3 runs, helm of permafrost, ring of the *** and a necklace of glory...epic. the hunt for daggers continues.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Thats why I didnt even completed vet Arena Once !
    I did normal once to see what it was about and I already almost fell asleep from boredom.
    PVE and dungeons are as fun as watching paint dry.
    I wont submit myself to the RNG god and to this torture. And neither should you ! If everyone refused, Zos would have to devise some other mechanic.
    I wanted the Skoria helm for pvp, but now way I was gonna farm for it, not once !
    Imagine how I laughed and pitied the poor farmers when I bought it from the new vendors.
    Ok, then I needed the shoulders but I got it while leveling undaunted ...

Well considering it was an Infused piece, I wouldn't consider that a victory. A lot of people (myself included) like impenatrable for PvP and Divines otherwise. All of the PvP vendor Monster gear has been Infused as a trait.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another defending fire staff. I've lost track of how many of those that I have now...
    OnThaLoose wrote: »
    I haven't done the arena near as much as you, but my first run was a culmination of several days learning it. Got well fitted greaves. Yesterday I completed it in one sitting (3 hours still tho) and got a succession piece. So I haven't gotten a maelstrom weapon at all yet, though my score is currently on the board (140000) so if it stays I'll get a weekly. I'm hoping I don't get knocked off! Templar PC NA btw. Any Templars on PC NA know if 140k will stay on? I know it's a horrible score :(

Seeing as how the Templar weekly board on NA/PC has never filled to capacity, any run that has a score (not resumed from a save) should stick for the weekly. (Standard disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results.)
    Edited by code65536 on April 18, 2016 4:57PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally dropped a decent bow, sharpened....

sadly on my wifes account :'(
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This mornings run...para bellum jack.

Serious question now.. @ZOS_GinaBruno since it was mentioned that mol has a farming cool down does maelstrom have the same for weapons? The more runs I do the worse items I get. I guarantee if I left it a few days a weapon would drop. Would be good to know just to save wasting everyone's time and get on with more enjoyable content. Also flawless runs should guarantee a weapon too, did it less than 1hr flawless and got a helm of permafrost?!
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really contribute anything to the thread but... can someone confirm me that jewelry for the sets only drop from 2 last chests? Does jewelry drop from normal? Because ef this I don't even care about v16 anymore, v15 set would do.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    V15 in last chest on normal only. V16 jewelry on vet from. Round 8 and round 9 chests.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was missing ESO, took a break from Black Desert, ran a vMA. Please, for the love of Tamriel, cancel your ESO Plus subscriptions! Force ZOS to implement a relief to this terrible RNG!

cUtNmuQ.jpg
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on April 19, 2016 3:13PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My latest build uses a Defending Ice Staff, because I just got tired of gimping myself with non-Maelstrom Staves to get a perfect trait, but man alive it would be nice to know that after a few more runs I'd have enough to purchase a coffer with an inferno staff from Tokens.

Read my Text Zenimax: Tokens encourage replay value not discourage. You want to extend the content while you work on new stuff? Jack up the total tokens needed, but don't rely solely on RNG please.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on April 19, 2016 3:22PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was missing ESO, took a break from Black Desert, ran a vMA. Please, for the love of Tamriel, cancel your ESO Plus subscriptions! Force ZOS to implement a relief to this terrible RNG!

cUtNmuQ.jpg

Nah...I like my ESO Plus.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

cUtNmuQ.jpg

Looooool not rubbing it in it....but seriously it's ***. Final chest contains the elite weapons and round 2-8 drops also. It's plain stupid now. Oddly I have only even gotten well shitted crap large pieces like jacks and legs on round 9 and never the lesser rounds that drop devines and infused. What a treat to add them to the last chest eh.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    V15 in last chest on normal only. V16 jewelry on vet from. Round 8 and round 9 chests.

I just got a ring from normal round 8 chest, v15 of course. So, I confirmed, jewelry does drop at round 8 normal chest too. I'll keep farming and see if it drop at lower chests.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now have 3 sharpened resto staffs, 1 precise resto staff and a defending destro staff. I'm a stam dk :^)
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run 1: Sharpened Maelstrom Greatsword
    Run 2: Helm of the Hunt
    Run 3: Breeches of the Hunt
    Run 4: Winterborn Boots
    Run 5: Parabellum Band
    Run 6: Ring of the Hunt
    Run 7: Precise Maelstrom Restoration Staff

Starting Run 8 once the servers are back up...
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ridiculous how you can get a better drop in stages 1-8 than the last chest.
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I got the DLC about three days ago, ran 5 runs within a day and got every Maelstrom weapon except the destro. Got a sharpened 2h maul on first run, precise resto on second run. Precise bow on third run, dagger on fifth run. And shield/1h on leaderboard rewards. RNG is in my favor
    Edited by BurritoESO on April 20, 2016 1:16PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pfff Para bellum / hunt / winter born / succesion / glory / permafrost , if at least those sets had a utility that would be good ! but no .... zenimax creat bad sets and introduce them in the much difficult arena and solo content in the game ! WHY? .
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Run 1: Sharpened Maelstrom Greatsword
    Run 2: Helm of the Hunt
    Run 3: Breeches of the Hunt
    Run 4: Winterborn Boots
    Run 5: Parabellum Band
    Run 6: Ring of the Hunt
    Run 7: Precise Maelstrom Restoration Staff

Starting Run 8 once the servers are back up...

stop run maesltrom arena :P i run 42 VMA + . and just maesltrom stam weapon ,VERY GOOD bad set , and 1 maesltrom inferno staff and sharpened ( i want him in precise ) so ... just do the weekly :P the RNG of this arena no deserve attention
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    I think certain characters have certain loot pools, on my sorc and nightblade I kept getting the same 3 weapons, bow, lighting staff and resto staff. Levelled up another character and my first run I get sharpened inferno.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish our subsciption could go off RNG. Wiith full sub being say the equivelant of a sharpened maelstrom fire staff for zos (which they would recieve from maybe 1 in 1000 subs). And the avearge would be about 50 cents a month(classic wellfitted parabellum) with zos commonly getting nothing from most people (girdle of glory).

Couple of months of that and they would be like.. "oooooohhh....RNG"
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    I wish our subsciption could go off RNG. Wiith full sub being say the equivelant of a sharpened maelstrom fire staff for zos (which they would recieve from maybe 1 in 1000 subs). And the avearge would be about 50 cents a month(classic wellfitted parabellum) with zos commonly getting nothing from most people (girdle of glory).

Couple of months of that and they would be like.. "oooooohhh....RNG"

Where does the rest of the money go? I guess it would just get refunded?
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Nah...I like my ESO Plus.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I like ESO Plus. It's a decent financing model and I like the boni it provides. But I'm thinking in the long run. I'm a big ESO fan and I want to contribute to making it better, for myself as well as for others. And the only way to do it for now is to make ZOS focus on the important aspects (or those I consider important) by not supporting their curret model financially.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Any news regarding changes in the vMA loot system?
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on April 20, 2016 2:54PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i don't get anything good from the final chest. I did get a couple of maelstrom daggers and a resto staff. and 1 sword and shield. but i have more 2 or 3 times as many gold maelstrom weapons as i do purple.

such a shame as i do like the challenge of the maelstrom arena on my characters i haven't completed it on. but there is little incentive to preserver other than the title, because the rewards are so non existent for me.

I hope future content has better reward systems. oh and can we mention the lag. Damn. some days its unplayable

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQyTLvdKMc&feature=youtu.be

You didnt do much of the mechanics tho. I saw several taking aim charging like forever
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
This discussion has been closed.