Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Veteran Maelstrom Arena Drop Rates

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »
    Lol, I got the DLC about three days ago, ran 5 runs within a day and got every Maelstrom weapon except the destro. Got a sharpened 2h maul on first run, precise resto on second run. Precise bow on third run, dagger on fifth run. And shield/1h on leaderboard rewards. RNG is in my favor

You must be the only person in the game then who smashed vma that quick after getting it... call custard on this post.. unbereevable.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    - 70 runs

Voriak Solkyn chest:

- 38x helmets (!!!), more than half of them well-fitted
    - 10x random gear
    - 9x jewelry, 8x with Healthy trait
    - 9x daggers
    - 2x 1h mace
    - 1x 1h axe
    - 1x 1h sword

Never seen a Destruction Staff, Healing Staff, 2h Maul or Bow.
    Lots of time invested in a *** solo arena instead of spending time having fun with friends in dungeons and trials, because the weapons do make a huge difference when it comes to DPS. It's not a minor buff for the min-maxers. Still no guarantee I will ever get any of those. It's like I'm still at day 1 trying my luck. 70 runs for nothing.

Gave up. Dropped ESO Plus subscription and won't purchase any more Crowns until effort and invested time are rewarded.

thats outrageous i really hope ZOS is looking at this post and reconsidering that chest drop rate, IT IS AWFUL HOW LOW THE DROP RATE IS. ZOS one thing you need to remember is players have normal life responsibilities and when they decide to make time to do content like maelstrom arena believe me its precious time and when you go through the trouble of completing it and at the end you get random drops that will never ever be used that is soul sucking and depressing and makes you consider why you don't log on to a different game. please fix the drop rate so we are guaranteed a maelstrom weapon thats the least you can do for players who actually take out the time to do it!
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    While I can understand your frustration, I'm also struggling with msa drops (talking to you pesky bow) but you honestly need to pull yourself together man. Why is everyone around here so full of anger and despair.
    And by the way if you are doing it just for the reward you are doing it are wrong.

no one has that amount of time just to do it not for the rewards, you have to understand people decide to do it because the rewarding factor after the struggle is a weapon that will make your character that little bit stronger.
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    While I can understand your frustration, I'm also struggling with msa drops (talking to you pesky bow) but you honestly need to pull yourself together man. Why is everyone around here so full of anger and despair.
    And by the way if you are doing it just for the reward you are doing it are wrong.

no one has that amount of time just to do it not for the rewards, you have to understand people decide to do it because the rewarding factor after the struggle is a weapon that will make your character that little bit stronger.

This. To specify, we do have time to play a computer game. But this is an MMO. People are here for group content, not for a solo arena. I would've never entered it if it wasn't for the best weapons in game. It took a very long time to learn the mechanics and be able to complete it, and it is a very painful realization that the weapons I went in there for cannot be obtained there.

No, I had no fun in there. And now I see that those weapons are unobtainable for me, this has been wasted time. This is why I cancelled my subscription and will not spend any money on ESO. I am a competitive player. If the best weapons in game are still gated behind a 1-to-3-hours-to-complete solo arena that rewards you with well-fitted helmets 19 out of 20 runs by the time Dark Brotherhood comes out, I will not purchase that DLC. I will quit for good and fully focus on games that deserve my money (Black Desert, for example), where RNG has a cap (chances increase with every try, up to 100%).
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on April 24, 2016 1:23AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See ya later.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG can be a pain, but you're going about it the wrong way if you expect getting any significant change.

They'll still be okay without your sub, it's a B2P model.

Why would they even consider your argument if it's plagued with the undertone of: Do what I want or I won't pay you a monthly sub?
    Edited by Zyle on April 24, 2016 1:47PM

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I have never run it! anyone want to share play and run it for me lol :#:#:#:#.
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never run it! anyone want to share play and run it for me lol :#:#:#:#.

Account sharing is prohibited. Nevertheless, there's a huge black market taking up pretty much the whole leaderboard.
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there will be no changes in Dark Brotherhood. The last chest still won't guarantee a weapon drop and most likely drop well-shitted helmets most of the time.

You should really give Black Desert a shot. ;)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spearshard wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »
    Maelstrom weapons are given to me like candy on Halloween: 2 precise destros, 2 restos, 2 precise axes, 1 sword, 1 mace, 1 bow, 1 great sword sharpened, and 3 shields, + whatever weapon I got in the weekly rewards today.

Guess how many pieces of arcane succession jewellery I've gotten. 0
    Now guess what I'm actually trying to get...

RNG hurts, can blow through that arena in less than an hour, to get *** on by the last two chests.

And don't get me started on spell power cure from WGT 75+ runs and I have 1 piece.

Edit: And another thing!

I feel as if Maelstrom weapons are underpowered. Two Leki's dual wield with the weapon power enchant = 300 weapon power, 2 Maelstrom dual wield = 189 weapon power.

Nirnhorned staves > Maelstrom destro staves, and you can use it as a 1 piece to add to another set bonus. Also the wall of elements buff is STILL laughable. My Lightning flood still hits roughly double wall of elements.

Maelstrom Resto staves are a joke 400 magicka back IF regen crits, every 4 seconds. You make back about what the spell would cost to cast, if you are lucky. But that's over the full almost 20 second duration.

Maelstrom Axes' bleed consumes the buff to next DOT attack. Also refer to dual wield problem.

Maelstrom shield is restricted to the permafrost set, and has legit no unique buffs.

2Hs and Bows are the only ones I see as worthwhile, and bows really only so in PvE.

Master weapons kicked these's weapons asses.

So for those of you that don't have these weapons yet, don't worry they really aren't worth it. And thank you ZOS for giving us a "worthwhile" reward. AND making all the sets BoP so I can't even make back the cost of potions it takes to do this content.

/rant over.

Funny that you think the staves suck and that WoE is laughable. Wrobel ended up being right, now things really do melt in Wall of Elements!

Lightning flood tooltips at 3400 (not counting the 10k+ synergy) while WoE is at 1800, even adding in the extra 1200 per weave you're not even matching the damage on lightning flood and thats not taking into consideration that lightning flood lasts 2 seconds longer. Not quite sure why I would make the change... But I've been wrong before so I'll try it.

Granted WoE has a larger area of effect, but I can place lightning flood across an area.

You're capable of stacking them, and it's not that hard to work into a build.

I think the point they're trying to make is that for a long while now, even with the destro staff, WoE just isn't worth the cost to cast. It's expensive, weak and too short a duration.

LMAO. Elemental Blockade is now the highest DoT on my DK damage recap, third overall behind whip and heavy attacks. Blockade is now the staple of basically every magic class's DPS rotation. As stated, these weapons are not just a minor boost to a min/maxer, they are game changing.

To the OP, RNG in this place sucks. That is the nicest word I have for it. I dont have as much data as you, but I would guess the drop rate from the last chest for a weapon is somewhere between 15-20% based on my experience. And guess what, the RNG just got worse. They are now adding in more traits to the loot table, so it will be even harder to get what you want.

Ultimately, it was the lag in this place, not the RNG, that made me decide to stop running it, but RNG is a close second. I might have a go again next patch, but I am pretty much over this place. I cant get the flawless title because of lag (props to anyone that has it), and I can't get the items I want because the loot system just is terrible. There are so many better single player games available that VMA is just no longer on the list.
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Token System and it's fixed. We already proposed that on IC Release one year ago, what is so hard about it?

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flak wrote: »
    Token System and it's fixed. We already proposed that on IC Release one year ago, what is so hard about it?

Because it would shorten the shelf life of tired content like this. Say if you needed 10 runs to get 100 tokens and a sharp maelstrom inferno was 100 tokens. You'd not give 2 *** about leaderboards and just grab every sigil and smash it in 45 mins and be done with the arena forever.

Just guaranteeing weapon drops would have sufficed imo. There was never a need for armour and never a need for the jewelery to make up 90% of the current drops now. Was there really a need for rounds 7,8 and 9 to give me 3 succession necks? I only have one after all.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flak wrote: »

Because it would shorten the shelf life of tired content like this. Say if you needed 10 runs to get 100 tokens and a sharp maelstrom inferno was 100 tokens. You'd not give 2 *** about leaderboards and just grab every sigil and smash it in 45 mins and be done with the arena forever.

All they are doing for now is driving loyal players away from a somewhat decent game. Since I quit, there have been over 25 players from my guild(s) that joined me in Black Desert and we're building up an "Ex ESO" guild there. Each and every one of them left ESO because of the vMA drop rates. Of all the people that joined me, I am the one with the least Maelstrom runs without getting what I need (201).

You need to give ESO a break if you want it to become better. A real break. Not the one where you're still subscribed to ESO Plus and purchase fancy mounts from Crown Store.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

So, just adding in my two cents here buy, I was able to finally build myself up to do maelstrom and I didn't get any maelstrom weapons at all. I heard you can get them on normal as well as vet, however the sets it drops from stage chests really stink.

All in all im very disappointed having gone thru and all I got was a title to sport around, I did it so I can farm two maelstrom bows im gonna give to my stamplar. I figured if my stamblade can get them, it'll make my other fac character stronger. But no drops stink.

(Also trying to farm them cause I'm so sick of cheaters DK tanks using a one shot kill on everyone in cyrodiil using maelstrom. So once I get my bows I'm gonna sniper their arse's to oblivion)

P.S.

ZENIMAX, shame on you for letting cheaters get away with one shots.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've necro'd a completely outdated old thread. The case is Maelstrom weapons drop only on vet and are a guaranteed drop. Maelstrom Arena Champion title comes from completing it on normal, which to be honest is very easy. Stormproof title comes from completing it on Veteran which for your first couple of clears will be quite difficult. You'll get a Maelstrom weapon but which weapon and which trait it will be is random. Good luck.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Someone please close this thread as it is no longer relevant to the way the game awards loot now.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    The attitude here seems to be... F the players. They can grind the item and change the trait after they grind the bejeebus out of PvP and Group dungeons for Geodes. More frickin grind. As if the grind we have isnt bad enough. Im good without grinding the arenas thanks. I'll just be that gimp that refused the content.

I had high hopes for ESO over other MMOs because of the franchise. But nope. Just as bad. Hence the reason I keep saying this is my last MMO. When this one dies out, Im done with MMOs. Money grabs and grindfests are all they are. Going back to single player.
  • Holy Warpath
    Holy Warpath
    ✭✭
    I have played Veteran Maelstrom Arena so many times already I am too the point of believing either the game hates me or that the Perfected Maelstrom Sword & Shield do not exist, because the game has already given me 4x fire, 3x lightning, 1x frost staves, 2x greatswords, 3x dual wield, 2x bows for Veteran Maelstrom. However all I need is the sword & shield for my MagDK tank build.

Future Wish List from Veteran Maelstrom Arena (MagDK):
    Perfected Maelstrom Fire Staff (Nirnhoned)
    Perfected Maelstrom Lightning Staff (Infused)
    Perfected Maelstrom Sword & Shield (sword: Decisive & shield: Sturdy)
    Perfected Maelstrom Bow (Infused)
    I only play on the Xbox One, because it is cheaper then PC.
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    From your count, you've done 15 runs. That's barely a drop in the ocean compared to the sheer amount of runs people would have to do in the past not just for the correct item, but also the correct trait, because there was no transmuting, no collection and no reconstruction.

Just keep at it and it'll drop eventually. It's RNG. Do runs on different characters when it's the weekly to increase your chances.

Good luck.

P.S. Try not to necro-post a thread from over 40 months ago
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    From your count, you've done 15 runs. That's barely a drop in the ocean compared to the sheer amount of runs people would have to do in the past not just for the correct item, but also the correct trait, because there was no transmuting, no collection and no reconstruction.

Just keep at it and it'll drop eventually. It's RNG. Do runs on different characters when it's the weekly to increase your chances.

Good luck.

P.S. Try not to necro-post a thread from over 40 months ago

In the past people factory doors were chained up, so do not complain if working conditions are bad. One time there was a glitch were if you entered a cave the game would crash and you would have to submit a ticket to get your character moved out so do not worry about bugs today.

It is a game it is supposed to be fun. The idea of progress is things improve. Just because great grandpa had to walk ten miles in the snow both ways (without shoes) to have fun doesn't mean he want me to. He wants my fun time to be just that fun. He is happiest when a company selling me entertainment sells me something fun and not a second job.
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    Erelah wrote: »
    It is a game it is supposed to be fun. The idea of progress is things improve. Just because great grandpa had to walk ten miles in the snow both ways (without shoes) to have fun doesn't mean he want me to. He wants my fun time to be just that fun. He is happiest when a company selling me entertainment sells me something fun and not a second job.

It has improved. You're guaranteed a weapon now, you can get it on normal or veteran (perfected), you can transmute it if it's a bad trait, you can remake it for other characters with the recent addition of collections. Hell, some years there are double drops. If you don't enjoy running content to get BiS gear, don't get BiS gear. Nobody is forcing you to get it, it has always been a choice. If you don't find the grind of an MMO fun, don't play an MMO. There are games out there for 99p where you can complete them just by tapping a single button if you want something easier. Again, nobody is forcing you. There's no gun against your head.
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    The absolute struggle I had all those years ago to get myself a sharpened greatsword, sharpened bow etc, I shudder at the thought at the countless runs day after day.
    Thankfully it is much more user friendly nowadays. But players today will honestly never truly know how easy they've got it.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro thread. Prepare for the close.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.