Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Veteran Maelstrom Arena Drop Rates

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution.

1 token for completion of vMA

10 tokens = choose weapon of choice w/random trait.

40 tokens = choose weapon of choice a/trait of choice.

Win win.

Of course those token numbers may be a little low for something that's BiS.
    Edited by idk on April 6, 2016 7:14PM
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    I've beaten it a few times and have since been too bored with it to continue the grind. Admittedly I still need weapons though, and I plan to go back in and get them. Question: weapons are only guaranteed for LB spots right, and not from the chest? The chest can contain anything, but not guaranteed to have a weapon?

Based on my statistic so far, the chance of getting a weapon from the chest is somewhere around 10%. Of course the weapon and trait are random. I wouldn't get my hopes up for the leaderboard. I'm running vMA without dying or using any sigils and it's still not enough. You need excellent gear, a build designed for vMA and Maelstrom weapons to even have a chance for a LB spot. I don't know a single player on the leaderboard that doesn't already have Maelstrom weapons. They pretty much melt everything in there. Almost all of them got their weapons during the few weeks when vMA just came out. So ya... this system sucks. For a "normal", excellent player it's impossible to get on LB, hence, impossible to get Maelstrom weapons (unless with A LOT of grinding, 500+ runs and a lot of luck).

I solo'd every normal dungeon on v16, have 4-manned Sanctum Ophidia and 2-manned every veteran dungeon. Yet, I have no chance to get on the leaderboard. I lack the perfect setup + build + Maelstrom weapon.
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on April 6, 2016 8:00PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could you comment on the Maelstrom drop rates, please? Are there any changes planned? As of today, players without Maelstrom weapons are not able to get Maelstrom weapons (unless, theoretically, with an unrealistic solo playtime).
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    I've beaten it a few times and have since been too bored with it to continue the grind. Admittedly I still need weapons though, and I plan to go back in and get them. Question: weapons are only guaranteed for LB spots right, and not from the chest? The chest can contain anything, but not guaranteed to have a weapon?

Based on my statistic so far, the chance of getting a weapon from the chest is somewhere around 10%. Of course the weapon and trait are random. I wouldn't get my hopes up for the leaderboard. I'm running vMA without dying or using any sigils and it's still not enough. You need excellent gear, a build designed for vMA and Maelstrom weapons to even have a chance for a LB spot. I don't know a single player on the leaderboard that doesn't already have Maelstrom weapons. They pretty much melt everything in there. Almost all of them got their weapons during the few weeks when vMA just came out. So ya... this system sucks. For a "normal", excellent player it's impossible to get on LB, hence, impossible to get Maelstrom weapons (unless with A LOT of grinding, 500+ runs and a lot of luck).

I solo'd every normal dungeon on v16, have 4-manned Sanctum Ophidia and 2-manned every veteran dungeon. Yet, I have no chance to get on the leaderboard. I lack the perfect setup + build + Maelstrom weapon.

Thanks for the info. That 10% rate is what I was looking for, and frankly rather disappointing. I have been on the LBs a couple of times, but I stopped running it because I run a guild and I'm constantly running them through stuff, and frankly I'd rather do that. I got a couple weapons, and though it was fun the first few times, I got bored. I play this game for the community mostly (although admittedly I do love the game) and solo arenas are not my preferred cup o' tea.

I'm sorry to hear about your luck in those runs. I'd say we need a higher drop rate on those weapons from the chest, considering that allowing it to be saved and completed in multiple sittings was designed to enable players with less time to commit to still get them. A 10% chance to get any one of the weapons with a random trait is a bit lackluster. It sounds like you're a good player and know what you're doing, and it's unfortunate you haven't gotten your hard-earned award yet.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread. I've been trying to find information on the drop rates, but it isn't easy to come by. So far I've landed one weapon - a maelstrom greatsword - in four runs. It takes me forever to do a full run so I am dreading the long grind to get a bow and destruction staff. I cannot imagine how disappointed I would be after 70 runs without the item I was searching for.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a supporter of converting all Arenas, Pledges, and Trials to Drops + Tokens for completion since the day trials were first introduced. Imperial City had it nearly right with Tel Var and the Daedric Embers and Shackles, but they were slightly off. Maelstrom should be giving players Maelstrom Shards and after 100 shards they are able to purchase a single Maelstrom weapon or armor piece (sure make it a coffer with random weight and trait if you absolutely must, but a definite weapon or armor based on what's purchased).

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • jowww97
    jowww97
    ✭✭
    Solution.

Win win.

I really agree with that.

I've completed this maelstron arena 45 times!! Look what I got (including the weekly reward)

- 6 bow (6!!! OMG!! 3 precise, 3 defending)
    - 2 battle axe (defending and precise)
    - 1 great sword (precise)
    - 1 dagger
    - 1 sword
    - 1 mace
    - 2 resto staff (2 sharperned)
    - 2 shields

45 runs, 16 maelstron items!!! 35% of drop rate. this is ridiculous.
    Ps4 player
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    jowww97 wrote: »
    (including the weekly reward)

How is it 35% drop chance if it includes the weekly reward? The drop chance only applies to the chest.

You are probably doing it on a Templar or Dragonknight. On Sorcerer or Nightblade, there is no chance to get on the leaderboard. Too many cheaters and people that already have Maelstrom weapons. It's impossible to compete with that.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silly posters, vMA was never designed to be rewarding. Been saying this longer than most, loot drops need to be improved. More jewelry drops, NO armor from last chest, and make some of the stuff BoE so we can actually MAKE MONEY here.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so here is my luck...

Approximately 8 runs:

1 dagger
    2 axes
    1 lightning staff
    1 sword/shield

From weekly I got a greatsword

so 5/8 runs I got a weapon, not bad.
    Edited by EsoRecon on April 13, 2016 2:10PM
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 runs today, 2 vendor trash items. Arcane Parabellum and Hunt ring.

scott-pilgrimkim-pinefinger-gunsfml.gif
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    Of corse it does. This place is horrible and I am only doing it for weapons. Anyone who likes doing it lies! :D

And it sucks a drop isn't garuanteed. Don't care for the set pieces that drop, I want weapons.

That's a ridiculous statement. My first vMA completion the other day was the most fun I've ever had in ESO (EDIT: cause Cyrodiil is broke).
    Edited by kadar on April 13, 2016 5:32PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    Of corse it does. This place is horrible and I am only doing it for weapons. Anyone who likes doing it lies! :D

And it sucks a drop isn't garuanteed. Don't care for the set pieces that drop, I want weapons.

That's a tad harsh, I wouldn't say those of us who've come to enjoy it somewhat are lying, just perhaps being a little masochistic.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @LegendaryArcher Ever consider that you're just slow? I mean...from what I can tell from your posts, you have 0 sigil no death runs but NEVER give your time.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    Solution.

Win win.

Give us this or something similar.

All I want is a light at the end of the tunnel, a guarantee that all of my effort will be rewarded.. because after 200 ish completes I still don't have my *** sharpened inferno.

iRYQTIq.jpg

^ Old pic, had to buy bag space to fit more weapons onto him.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The least they could do is add some sort of rotation to the weapons, so you don't get the same weapons over and over and over.... I have 4+ of every single weapon but a destro staff... Which is why I initially started running maelstrom for. Not to mention the weekly rewards, I am getting nothing but resto staves from the weeklies.

I am very close to just giving up and do something else less frustrating with my time.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭

How is it 35% drop chance if it includes the weekly reward? The drop chance only applies to the chest.

You are probably doing it on a Templar or Dragonknight. On Sorcerer or Nightblade, there is no chance to get on the leaderboard. Too many cheaters and people that already have Maelstrom weapons. It's impossible to compete with that.

The character I run with (Demon Drakar) is a sorcerer, I have no Maelstrom weapons for it, and I am 100% sure I do not cheat what so ever. I can make it into the weeklies easy, using 2x torugs pact, 1x kena, 5x julianos and 3x willpower with 3x spell dmg.

I think it's unfair to say that everyone that makes it into the weekly that does not have maelstrom weapons is a cheater, and I take offense to it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »

The character I run with (Demon Drakar) is a sorcerer, I have no Maelstrom weapons for it, and I am 100% sure I do not cheat what so ever. I can make it into the weeklies easy, using 2x torugs pact, 1x kena, 5x julianos and 3x willpower with 3x spell dmg.

I think it's unfair to say that everyone that makes it into the weekly that does not have maelstrom weapons is a cheater, and I take offense to it.

Maelstrom weapons are absolutely not needed to get into leaderboards. I did my 566k score with a precise staff which makes no sense to begin with (i´d love to actually do score runs now but i can hardly motivate myself for daily writs if at all atm).

If you can´t make it to the leaderboard after multiple successful clears you´re doing something wrong. Most likely time.

On topic: I do agree the loot system is terrible. Took well over 150 runs with added 70+ weekly rewards from doing the arena with 5 chars to finally get the weapon trait combination i wanted as the very last of all of them.
    Edited by Derra on April 13, 2016 7:35PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Took well over 150 runs with added 70+ weekly rewards from doing the arena with 5 chars to finally get the weapon trait combination i wanted as the very last of all of them.

Well, sadly, there are people that have ran it 300+ times and haven't gotten what they wanted. And the worst part is that after 300 runs you're like on day one. The chance doesn't increase with every run. Might as well run another 300 and have zero reward.

@ZOS_GinaBruno When are we going to get Maelstrom weapons for actually completing Veteran Maelstrom Arena?
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on April 14, 2016 7:51AM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 more runs today so far = 1 robust winterborn pendant and 1 reinforced winterborn jerkin, to match the identical jerkin from a previous round. Oh my days.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    + Day parade - there are maelstrom weapon loot at the end of the arena, an egg trick
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why we don't have tokens or currency to purchase set boxes for PVE content. PVP has AP that they can buy sets with. Heck, they can even buy PVE boss sets now from a vendor. We have to deal with this crappy RNG system with terrible traits. The latest slap is MoL is put on a weekly timer for guaranteed drops from the chest. Wth?

ZOS, give us tokens for completing PVE content (ICP/WGT/vMA/vDSA/MoL). Please.

Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've nearly had it with RNG, vMA isn't a challenge anymore it's a chore, I'm stuck there for close to an hour mashing away at my controller, begging, praying that I'll just get what I want THIS run so I can spend my time elsewhere.

I've gotten my flawless conquerer, I make it to the leaderboards every week, I've gotten more weapons than I can count.... Still waiting on arcane succession jewellery... And I get 2 chances each run, two chances with probably a less than 1% chance of receiving what I'm looking for (I have 3 jewellery pieces with robust and healthy....). It's nauseating. It's a profit loss each time because everything is BoP, and it's just not fun anymore.

This is a plea, ZOS give us a way to work towards what we want that isn't a .5% chance at the end of the arena. I'm beyond tired of running this Arena.
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    Done it about 4-5 times so far and I've got 3 rings for winterborn and a VMA resto and a 2H maul, in the VMA mail rewards I've gotted a VMA destro and bow.
  • pretzl
    pretzl
    ✭✭✭✭

Jesus, stop your overdramatic QQ
    I'm on a sorc, no vMA weps and I'm on LB. You saying I'm a cheater?
    That's just sad, mate. Just because you're not good enough doesn't mean everyone else cheats. It just means you need to practice or stop doing runs.

As far as droprates go, they suck. I'm at 32 runs now with 9 weapons. 3 are from weekly. No staff, no bow, no second dagger.

Token system would be nice
    CP | Chronically Capped
    Characters | pretzL (Stamblade) , Brannbil (Stamplar) , Spicy pretzL (mDK) , Campingbil (MagSorc) , Saltkringla (Magplar) , Disco Dan (sDK) , Darth Salty (Mag NB) , Plebsorc (Stamsorc), pretzLeroni (Magplar), Mahoogler (pvp mDK)
    Guilds | HODOR & Who Pulled
    Kindling Power Magicka DK Build
    twitch.tv/pretzlcsgo
  • Kaliaras
    Kaliaras
    Soul Shriven
    Same here ! What a perfect system of RNG (random number generated) ! I just got defending inferno staff ( defending ??? )
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even care about traits. If I get the weapon I need I'll take it, even if it's defending.
    Edited by EsoRecon on April 15, 2016 12:22PM
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't get anything good from the final chest. I did get a couple of maelstrom daggers and a resto staff. and 1 sword and shield. but i have more 2 or 3 times as many gold maelstrom weapons as i do purple.

such a shame as i do like the challenge of the maelstrom arena on my characters i haven't completed it on. but there is little incentive to preserver other than the title, because the rewards are so non existent for me.

I hope future content has better reward systems. oh and can we mention the lag. Damn. some days its unplayable

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQyTLvdKMc&amp;feature=youtu.be
    Edited by willymchilybily on April 15, 2016 3:11PM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates in this game are completely messed up. The RNG is just terrible. I just recently had to put up with 250+ runs for a Molag Kena helm. Yet, my buddies and a few others want to know why I am taking a break from this game... I can only imagine how long it'd take for a "decent" VMA weapon to drop. And honestly? Screw that.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you guys are certainly showing them...after paying for the game, sub, and maybe some crowns. They are gonna miss you. Really. Cause it's not like they already made the lion's share from your initial purchases.

You show em! We will all miss you very much. Just remember to come back to forums to complain even though you no longer play the game.

You know what, I'm quitting too (the forums). I'm going to go do something that's actually fun. Like, play ESO.

Edited by FortheloveofKrist on April 15, 2016 1:54PM
This discussion has been closed.