Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Feedback Thread for Non-Class Changes

• remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg yes.. thank you for these patch notes.. i really do love all the changes..

Some feedback:
    - Excellent PvE update and i think everyone here is happy. Well except maybe templars but BoL needs a nerf it's true.
    - Stamina Builds didn't get much of anything except a indirect nerf via the revised CP system but the new stam sets are amazing.
    - Alot of the PvPers are really unhappy but we all know pvp players are are the loudest. Hopefully those cyrodil improvements will be awesome.

Overall good patch notes. Keep up good work..
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Penetration Will become an issue.
    If u really want to keep a slight balance, give medium also a passive for penetration, and heavy a resistance against penetration.

This is gettin out of hand, and it is funny to see how much dmg u can deal when u focus a tiny bit on armor/spellpen, especially in pvp.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    GAP CLOSER SNARE (PROBABLY THE BIGGEST ISSUE)
    Its great that it has been reduced from a 100% stun/snare to 60%, but this mechanic in general REALLY hurts the quality of play.

Unbreakable gap closer snare has the following detrimental effects on the pvp environment:
    • It makes ambush spam unstoppable.
    • It makes zergs and outnumbered situations unstoppable/unresistable.
    • It forces players to use high burst damage, in order to minimize time engaged at close range.

For me personally as a stam sorcerer, even the tankiest ones (I know this, I am a tank heavy stamina sorcerer in pvp) RELY on the ability to move around. This implementation ruins tank based play as a stamina sorcerer in pvp.

Furthermore, NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS IMPLEMENTATION, and 95% OF THE FORUM WANTS IT REMOVED, OR AT LEAST WANTS SNARE IMMUNITY TO FUNCTION PROPERLY TO COUNTER IT. It makes no sense to have escape abilities like bolt escape or retreating maneuvers if you cannot escape or retreat.

For those who will say "but you should not be able to win an 1vX" here is a real life video of a guy winning a 1v7 fight:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YqaAmRER7_M

You'll notice when his opponents charge him, he doesnt stand still and wait for them to hit him.

If you search youtube you will find many, many more instances of single individuals winning fights against multiple opponents.

You'll notice when their opponents charge them, they do not stand still and wait for them to attack.

SECOND: Reducing movement speed on the major speed buff and increasing the base speed of sprint makes it FURTHER IMPOSSIBLE to use retreating maneuvers to do what it is designed to do which is allow for retreat. It is basically saying "you must use leather armor for PVP, because you will not be fast enough in heavy armor."

THIRD: With the implementation of the damage redux CP and absolutely ZERO BUFF to heavy armor, the effectiveness of heavy armor has been completely deminished. It does not provide adequate damage output or alternative benefits over light or medium armor in the current live patch, and it will only be worse when this CP bonus goes live.

Agree 100%.

I DONT CARE IF PEOPLE CAN DODGE MY GAP CLOSERS.

being held or snared while a whole group catches up to you and zergs you down is terrible. Remove this snare completely.
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the suggestions for improving Heavy Armor, the one I want to see implemented most is a change to the active ability Immovable:
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    A tweak to Unstoppable that came to mind while playing was to change the percent increase in duration to a flat value. Right now the maximum possible duration increase is 5% x 7 = 35%, which bumps the Major Resolve/Ward duration to 20.25 seconds and the CC-immunity to 6.75 seconds. If the boost is changed to 1 second per piece of Heavy Armor, the maximum duration becomes 22 for the armor buff and 12 seconds for the CC-immunity.

Since the reason Immovable's CC-immunity duration was decreased was due to Light Armor users using the ability as a crutch, this change gates the CC-immunity behind the use of Heavy Armor. Light Armor users are likely to wear 2 pieces of Heavy Armor for armor's sake, making their durations 17 seconds and 7 seconds respectively.

The ranks would work out to 0.25 sec (I) / 0.5 sec (II) / 0.75 sec (III) / 1.0 sec (IV). Unstoppable could be further buffed to 0.5 sec per rank (2 sec at IV for 29 seconds Major Resolve/Ward and 19 seconds CC-immunity at 7/7) as well. But then non-Heavy users can get 9 seconds CC-immunity from 2 pieces. Therefore the base duration of 5 seconds could be reduced to 3 seconds, keeping the exceptionally long CC-immunity times gated behind Heavy Armor use (2 piece becomes 7 seconds and 7 piece bonus becomes 17 seconds).

But this change would nerf Immovable Brute, so the change in base value could be a change made only to the Unstoppable morph or Immovable Brute could gain the added effect of increasing CC-immunity time by 4% per Heavy Armor piece worn in addition to reduced Break Free cost by 4% per Heavy Armor piece worn. CC-immunity after Breaking Free lasts 8 seconds (correct me if I am off), so the 2 piece bonus would be 8% reduced cost and 8.64 seconds of CC-immunity while the 5 piece bonus would be 20% reduced cost and 9.6 seconds of CC-immunity and the 7 piece bonus would be 28% reduced cost and 10.24 seconds of CC-immunity. Additionally, the 3 second CC-immunity granted by the ability would be boosted to 3.24 seconds, 3.6 seconds and 3.84 seconds respectively.

...Potions of Immovability would be affected too, unless specifically stated/coded otherwise. With the Medicinal Use passive, Essence of Immovability (Veteran Rank 15) grants 15.7 seconds of CC-immunity. The 2, 5 and 7 piece bonuses would buff that to 16.96, 18.84 and 20.1 seconds respectively. Potions can therefore still be stronger than Immovable, though on a cooldown. It is tough to say whether Immovable Brute's effect should apply to potions or not, given the relatively small gap as well (3.1 seconds to Unstoppable compared to 8.95 seconds in the current build).

The above makes altering the base time for CC-immunity exclusive to the Unstoppable morph just as viable as buffing Immovable Brute in the described way.
    I do need to mention the current cost of Immovable is about 4,000 Stamina, more than Evasion, which grants better protection than Immovable currently. If these buffs are implemented, do not increase the cost to compensate for the added power. These changes will make Immovable worth the cost it has currently.

As mentioned, Immovable was nerfed back while Update 6 was still on PTS because the 20 second CC-immunity was not exclusive to Heavy Armor usage like Shuffle's snare/root immunity or Harness Magicka's return. The base CC-immunity could be reduced to 0 seconds like Shuffle's snare/root immunity to further restrict its usage outside of Heavy Armor.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its great that it has been reduced from a 100% stun/snare to 60%, but this mechanic in general REALLY hurts the quality of play.

Unbreakable gap closer snare has the following detrimental effects on the pvp environment:
    • It forces players to use high burst damage, in order to minimize time engaged at close range.

For me personally as a stam sorcerer, even the tankiest ones (I know this, I am a tank heavy stamina sorcerer in pvp) RELY on the ability to move around. This implementation ruins tank based play as a stamina sorcerer in pvp.

Furthermore, NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS IMPLEMENTATION, and 95% OF THE FORUM WANTS IT REMOVED, OR AT LEAST WANTS SNARE IMMUNITY TO FUNCTION PROPERLY TO COUNTER IT. It makes no sense to have escape abilities like bolt escape or retreating maneuvers if you cannot escape or retreat.

For those who will say "but you should not be able to win an 1vX" here is a real life video of a guy winning a 1v7 fight:

You'll notice when his opponents charge him, he doesnt stand still and wait for them to hit him.

If you search youtube you will find many, many more instances of single individuals winning fights against multiple opponents.

You'll notice when their opponents charge them, they do not stand still and wait for them to attack.

SECOND: Reducing movement speed on the major speed buff and increasing the base speed of sprint makes it FURTHER IMPOSSIBLE to use retreating maneuvers to do what it is designed to do which is allow for retreat. It is basically saying "you must use leather armor for PVP, because you will not be fast enough in heavy armor."

THIRD: With the implementation of the damage redux CP and absolutely ZERO BUFF to heavy armor, the effectiveness of heavy armor has been completely deminished. It does not provide adequate damage output or alternative benefits over light or medium armor in the current live patch, and it will only be worse when this CP bonus goes live.

Agree 100%.

being held or snared while a whole group catches up to you and zergs you down is terrible. Remove this snare completely.

Atleast it's a step in the right direction.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    Alliance War
    • Assault
    • Rapid Maneuver:
      • This ability and its morphs now also remove their bonuses whenever you cast a friendly ability on an ally, as well as a damaging ability on an enemy.
      • Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs to 30 seconds from 20 seconds.
      • This ability and its morphs now only affect your group, instead of any friendly nearby ally.
      • Reduced the maximum amount of targets this ability and its morphs can affect to 24 targets, previously an infinite amount of targets.

by doing this you MUST implement a magica version of this skill as it is impossible to to sacrifice 80% of your stamina on this ability as a magica class to be able to decide when to support and when to move.
    Xantaria wrote: »

Agree 100%.

Atleast it's a step in the right direction.

its more horrible than before
    Edited by Tankqull on February 4, 2016 3:24PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other Observations not related to Classes.

Skills:

Dual Wield - Still gives massive spell power compared to a staff. While giving a little more should be ok because of templar designs, currently it gives far too much of a buff. (The same can be said for 2H.) Please reduce the spell power buff to be more balanced with staves, that way people have OPTIONS.

2 Handed - Wrecking Blow. Why did this skill get ignored? There was no mention of fixing the bugged range on this skill. Nor was it changed to make the other morph, Dizzying Swing, even remotely comparable, because self-empower is just too big of a damage boost. This skill NEEDS to be bug-fixed and have something replace the empower.

Resto Staff - The major mending change is good, and I approve. +1

Destruction Staff - Wall of Elements. Now the WoE "Melts" people joke can start to die down. This change on PTS is great, do NOT revert it. The DPS is less than Liquid Lightning for Sorcerers, but is actually in a good place right now. Good change here, keep it up!

Bow - Still mediocre PvE DPS, so it needs a bit of a buff. Buffing Lethal Arrow/Focused Aim is not the way to go, since it already has very high burst in PvP.

Undaunted - Blood Altar. Still a trash skill. Please make this skill useful, no one runs it, it is not worth a skill point to even test.

Fighter's Guild - Flawless Dawnbreaker. Still has that 8% weapon damage buff, making it BiS for most stam DPS builds. Do you want build diversity? Keeping it like this is not helping matters. A reduction to the buff or something entirely different is a good idea, lets get some change.

Heavy Armor - Aside from the block cost reduction, this skill-line is lacking. Mostly because it revolves around health recovery and tankiness, and health recovery is useless. This needs a balance pass.

Items:

Molag Kena - So... Light Attack, Crushing Shock, Light Attack still procs this. If you cannot replicate this on your end, I dunno what to say. This is NOT the way the set says it is designed. All magicka DPS need this set to pull endgame numbers, because it is so easy to keep procced all the time. Please fix the issue that lets us proc it WITHOUT using consecutive light attacks.

Maelstrom Destruction Staff - Patch notes said it got fixed, but after some testing on the PTS, this does not appear to be the case. Please review.

Misc:

Heavy Attacks - Ever do a medium weave and get locked into casting a fully charged heavy attack? Well this bug is still on the PTS. Please remedy this, it can cause alot of headaches, DPS losses, and deaths.

No racial balances - I assume this is included in Dark Brotherhood or whenever you add the Barber Shop. It was kinda needed here because it ties into the whole balance pass though.

Battle Resurrection+Kagrenac's Hope+Master Ritualist(Templar passive) - Didn't mention a fix for the insane stacking this does, which has been proven time and again to be broken with how fast rezzing can be done.(Even worse now since getting rank 10 support is waaaaaaay easier!)

And I hate to say it, but #AoE caps - No mention of the change to AoE caps anywhere from what I can tell. What is the deal here?
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
    Options
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    When are stamina builds getting something akin to the Mages Guild skill line? The Fighters Guild line might use stamina, but it is geared towards killing daedra and undead, not being better warriors.
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Currently the champion system has a passive that reduces the cost of stamina abilities by 80% after break free. Are there any plans on changing this passive or possibly making it magicka AND stamina? Thanks
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adonikam wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Currently the champion system has a passive that reduces the cost of stamina abilities by 80% after break free. Are there any plans on changing this passive or possibly making it magicka AND stamina? Thanks

The mage constellation has one for Magicka, as well. It's just tied to potions.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Adonikam wrote: »

The mage constellation has one for Magicka, as well. It's just tied to potions.

Edit* Also, it's much more economical for magicka specs to get now with the combining of the damage in the same star as crit. Most of your casters will have both now.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aNWFCtc.png
    I'm not sure how I feel about Empower's new proc. While I like it, my weapon starts to feel more like a lightsaber in combat as whenever Empower procs my weapon glows a bright golden he and lights up the ground around me (not to mention it gets saber-esque "swoosh" trails). It's a really neat effect, bit almost a little too bright.

On the other hand, I like the animation prioritization. My attacks feel a lot more fluid and really dynamic.
    Edited by Preyfar on February 4, 2016 7:00PM
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    aNWFCtc.png
    I'm not sure how I feel about Empower's new proc. While I like it, my weapon starts to feel more like a lightsaber in combat as whenever Empower procs my weapon glows a bright golden he and lights up the ground around me (not to mention it gets saber-esque "swoosh" trails). It's a really neat effect, bit almost a little too bright.

On the other hand, I like the animation prioritization. My attacks feel a lot more fluid and really dynamic.

I like it :-)
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it :-)
    I like it, I just think it's a bit too bright. I kind of feel like a flashlight.

Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two people have mentioned it already; I'll reinforce it and be the third. Heavy Armor passives and Immovable not seeing any attention at all is either a gross oversight or a shameful non-prioritization by @Wrobel . Immovable works best on stamina builds, the passives are miles behind the benefit you'd get from going light or medium, and the damage mitigation gained by going heavy is paltry - particularly when juxtaposed against the high penetration in pvp.

I'm at a point where I ignore heavy armor sets with useful or interesting set piece bonuses because your character is far stronger (even as a tank) when NOT running heavy armor. It makes zero sense, it's been an issue for a looooong time, and a ton of feedback and ideas have been offered. Among the areas where I was disappointed in the patch notes, the lack of heavy armor attention ranks pretty high.

Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rolling text isn't rolling,although nice,it would be cool if we could adjust where it pops up.
    Edited by Mojmir on February 4, 2016 7:11PM
    Options
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please consider removing all snares from gap closers, gap closers are meant to get you to the target and not snare them as well, it's an offensive ability.

So much frustration in this game is because gap closers also snare the target, they have too much utility in terms of closing distance , high damage and cc.

Also please have a look at your CC immunity timers, PvP is extremely frustrating when CC immunity is not correct and you can eat multiple forms of the same CC effect back to back.

Both these issues impede the basic tenant of gamplay in terms of the player wanting to control their character and react.

Edited by Wycks on February 4, 2016 7:29PM
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
    Options
  • KhaN_BE
    KhaN_BE
    ✭✭
    I only took a brief look, but as a tank I am a bit worried about the changes to the resistance CP passives. I have for example 25 CP in spell resistance. Which currently gives me about 3698 additional spell resist. With this flat bonus, I would only get 1492 additional spell resist for my 25 CP. That is a loss of 2206 spell resist.

I didn't calculate for the physical resistance, but as the flat bonuses are the same for each armor type, I do expect a similar result.

This might force me to look for another item set combo as I can no longer efficiently use CP to close the gap, meaning I will be doing even less as a tank. Please consider this carefully before pushing this through.

EDIT: follow-up post here.
    Edited by KhaN_BE on February 7, 2016 11:37AM
    Options
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention this above, but I didn't notice any changes to item traits.

So am I to assume a re-do of the useless traits (sturdy, exploration, etc...) is coming later?
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
    Options
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    It may be beating a dead horse, but I'll just leave this here:

Can we get some significant changes to Blood Altar ... Pretty please?

Really anything in the undaunted skills. That whole line is garbage.
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
    Options
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Why can the Ligh/Medium/Heavy Passive gain the same value of Resistance when u max it?
    Thats kinda stupid. U should make a noticeable difference there. Otherwise, lik i said before we keep tanking content in medium Armor. Also that medium has 75% mitigation of heavy, and light has 50% is pretty bad design.

Give Heavy Armor pls a buff in the passives so they can nearly negate the effects of phys/spell penetration. Like it is now, u just go and gimp yourself.

Make one of the useless armortraits like sturdy to resist a hard ammound of penetration.

Regarding to penetration, since u stopped % values in the cp system, apply a hard value to weapons and get rid of the %based penetration.

Really dont know what u guys do with heavy armor......

As a stamina-templar-tank...thank you. I get the short end of the stick every patch. Heavy armour needs a lot of love.
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruction staff light attack is awful. Animation is bad and often locks me out. It's too slow and abrupt at the same time.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    With each patch this game sucks more and more.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random comments:
    • I like the combat text better than the scrolling text from FTC, etc..
    • Really like the animation cancel changes; it makes it much more accessible. The pacing seems more relaxed even though the timing is the same. So it doesn't penalize those who are good an animation cancelling by making them change what they are used to, but the visuals are very helpful for recognizing when you are doing it successfully. Haven't tried it in PvP yet.
    • More awesome art from the art department.
    • Love the alternate routes for getting places by walking along planks, etc.
    • My cloned character had 30 Wrothgar world boss reward containers in her inventory. I opened them all and did not get a single motif/motif page. Are these not yet in the loot tables, locked to the container date, not in the containers at all, or just that rare of a drop?
    • I'm not a sneaky/thief type player, so this is the area that interests me the least. However, the new visual for showing and NPC's detection rage might be too much hand-holding.
    • Either my sorc toon is THAT much more powerful with the CP, etc. changes, or the monsters are way too easy. They seem much easier than Wrothgar monsters.
    • What happened to the guild roster?

Bugs:
    • I frequently get errors when using keybinds to open my map, etc. After the error, it takes several seconds to be able to use keystrokes at all.
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Ruben , answer : how does a nightblade heal !
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    I really think racial passives should be exempt from the Cyrodiil penalties. Max stat passives don't get any penalty while passives like the Argonians' get nerfed in half. For instance, quick to mend is only half as effective, not to mention the healing from potions is also cut in half. It's really not fair that a race or two gets penalized while others are at full strength. Please consider giving racial passives an exemption. It really is a balance issue. Argonians get double nerfed in Cyrodiil while a Redguard is at full force.

*blink*blink* %%$^$WET#^$@##@##@% I never even *** thought about this!

Also don't forget that our potion ability is the only ability in the game that requires a consumable investment to even activate. If you don't have a potion the "bonus" is rendered void.

Complete BS that Argonians continue to be screwed over 3 ways from Sunday but instead of a logical and well thought out revamp we get a 3% health bone. Thanks for nothing Zenimax.
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what you did to guard was wrong. You should have removed the cost for each intercept and charge a flat per second rate. I understand the stam regen stopping because otherwise you could use this all the time. I understand the upfront cost. BUT i dont understand the intercept being charged.

How can you put the same price on a meteor and a light attack. How can you put the same price on a snipe as you do a light attack. C Frag as a light attack.....

You need to make it cost per second but intercept at no cost. You are already taking all the projectile damage, thats alot of damage. That's a big enough trade off.

PLEASE for the love of guard, change it!! i would love to use this but its not viable in it's current form.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Laquey
    Laquey
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned above by quite a few people the heavy armor traits are very lack luster.

Here are some thoughts of mine to make heavy armor a lot more interesting for defensive types without making them un-killable and having maybe 60-70% the dps of a dps character. All of these values can be tweaked and it's more of a guide of ideas than a hard fixed number:

Heavy Armour:

Passives all with maximum points -
    Resolve:
    Increase you Armor for each piece of heavy Armor equipped by level dependent amount (Not changed)
    Reduce the duration of snare and disabling effects by 4% per piece of heavy armor equipped

Constitution:
    Increase health recovery 4% per piece of heavy armor equipped (Not changed)
    Armor enchantments and traits that increase your health also increase your stamina by (8% per piece of heavy armor equipped) of the value of health increased.

Juggernaught:
    Increase Max Health 1% per piece (Not changed)
    Increase your weapon damage by 10% per piece of heavy armor equipped, this is reduced by 10% for each piece of armor or jewlery that has a weappon damage trait or enchantment.

Bracing:
    Decrease Stamina Cost when blocking 20% (Not changed)
    Reduce the effect of resistance penetration effects on you by 10% per piece of heavy armor equipped.

Rapid Mending:
    Increase healing received 1% per piece (Not changed)
    Reduce the effect of healing reduction effects on you by 4% per piece of heavy armor equipped.

Heavy armor really needs some love in some other way than standing on a pvp battlefield holding block. Having people running around that are hard to kill but not unkillable, hard to control and resistant to physical and magical damage while being able to do threatening damage but no crazy bursts and crits would change the pvp meta and also make it appealing for pve tanks to pvp as well as perhaps create more tanks because it might be a viable pvp strategy to have "Tanks".

The idea of a tank is defeated when you can roll around with 50% + armor penetration, CC them into the ground and have them hitting like flowers.

Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Laquey wrote: »
    As mentioned above by quite a few people the heavy armor traits are very lack luster.

Heavy Armour:

Passives all with maximum points -
    Resolve:
    Increase you Armor for each piece of heavy Armor equipped by level dependent amount (Not changed)
    Reduce the duration of snare and disabling effects by 4% per piece of heavy armor equipped

Constitution:
    Increase health recovery 4% per piece of heavy armor equipped (Not changed)
    Armor enchantments and traits that increase your health also increase your stamina by (6% per piece of heavy armor equipped) of the value of health increased.

Juggernaught:
    Increase Max Health 1% per piece (Not changed)
    Increase your weapon damage by 3% per piece of heavy armor equipped.

Bracing:
    Decrease Stamina Cost when blocking 20% (Not changed)
    Reduce the effect of resistance penetration effects on you by 3% per piece of heavy armor equipped.

Rapid Mending:
    Increase healing received 1% per piece (Not changed)
    Reduce the effect of healing reduction effects on you by 2% per piece of heavy armor equipped.

made some tweaks, your base stats seemed over the top, especially that 10% weapon damage per piece... i'd stop using medium with that kind of damage :P
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options