Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Feedback Thread for Non-Class Changes

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just some feedback on the monster helm sets as they are now after the latest changes:

Blood Spawn, Engine Guardian, Molag Kena, Spawn of Mephala: fine as it is.

Lord Warden: Suggest increasing the radius of the orb to 5 meters, and letting it grant Minor Protection (8% less damage taken) instead.

Maw of the Infernal: the increased mobility is great, but proc chance of Daedroth should be increased to at least 10% for the damage output to be significant. Daedroth's damage could also be increased further. Give daedroth CC immunity as well.

Nerien'eth: Damage and proc are fine, but add a short 1 sec stun to all enemies hit by the explosion.

Bogdan: The increased base heal amount is good, but suggest increasing the radius of the totem to 7 meters, and let it grant Minor Vitality to all players within the radius as well

Scourge Harvester: Suggest allowing the beam to stun the target as long as it holds and grant Major Vitality to the wearer.

Valkyn Skoria: Proc rate and damage increase is good, suggest adding a short 1 sec stun to all enemies damaged by it.
    Warden - minor protection will be bad as it means that set won't work at all for those of nb,templar,sorc who picked class skill moprh with this buff, Better grant to user Major Evasion bonus while inside of sphere coz set usefull only for tanks and most of them don't use Shuffle.. Or change it to add 10k both armors as was before. Or make is as version of old Black Rose - each blocked attack while inside has 10% chance to restore stamina.
    Bogdan - i agree but we also need to increase percentage of healing and remove Battle Spirit heal reduction from this set .
    Scourge - i think stun will be too much, and vitality buff you mean its to stack with current buff, so 30%+30% healing buff?
    Edited by Cinbri on February 8, 2016 9:54AM
    Options
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource management doesn't exist due to green cp. please double the cost of all skills or remove green cp.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't sure in which thread to post this one or if it has already been reported but:

- Rally is bugged on PTS, seems something is off with the timer and it's healing for more than intended if you spam it.

So now.. not only pet Sorcs have better heals than Magicka Templars.. but even stamina classes heal better :smiley:
    Options
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    Problem: Flurry/Rapid Strikes doesn't do what the tooltip says it does.

Tooltip: Duration 1.25 seconds -> Actual ~2,5-3 seconds

Suggestion: Let Flurry only do 4 hits instead of 6, or speed up the animation & damageapplication to what the actual channeltime should be. All damage from this ability should be applied in pretty much the same timeframe you charge up the Snipe-ability.
    Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Just some feedback on the monster helm sets as they are now after the latest changes:

Lord Warden: Suggest increasing the radius of the orb to 5 meters, and letting it grant Minor Protection (8% less damage taken) instead.

Maw of the Infernal: the increased mobility is great, but proc chance of Daedroth should be increased to at least 10% for the damage output to be significant. Daedroth's damage could also be increased further. Give daedroth CC immunity as well.

Nerien'eth: Damage and proc are fine, but add a short 1 sec stun to all enemies hit by the explosion.

Bogdan: The increased base heal amount is good, but suggest increasing the radius of the totem to 7 meters, and let it grant Minor Vitality to all players within the radius as well

Scourge Harvester: Suggest allowing the beam to stun the target as long as it holds and grant Major Vitality to the wearer.

Valkyn Skoria: Proc rate and damage increase is good, suggest adding a short 1 sec stun to all enemies damaged by it.
    Warden - minor protection will be bad as it means that set won't work at all for those of nb,templar,sorc who picked class skill moprh with this buff, Better grant to user Major Evasion bonus while inside of sphere coz set usefull only for tanks and most of them don't use Shuffle.. Or change it to add 10k both armors as was before. Or make is as version of old Black Rose - each blocked attack while inside has 10% chance to restore stamina.
    Bogdan - i agree but we also need to increase percentage of healing and remove Battle Spirit heal reduction from this set .
    Scourge - i think stun will be too much, and vitality buff you mean its to stack with current buff, so 30%+30% healing buff?

Lord Warden- granting Major Evasion will also be good. I envision that this would greatly help players mitigate damage during trash pulls/large groups in PVP.

Bogdan - I don't think the set will be excluded from Battle Spirit, since they've increased the amount healed by 200%. That means after the reduction it should still be a buff over the original.

Scourge - maybe a shorter stun like 2 secs would be ok. Perhaps of granting Major Vitality on yourself, the beam could grant Minor Defile on the target instead.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put a minimum distance on Teleport Strike and it's morphs. This snare on gap closer thing doesn't fix anything. The problem was, and still is, Nightblade's casting their gap closer over and over and over on someone while right on top of them. They can still do this and snare over and over and over again. This change fixes nothing. The root caused by casted gap closers was never the problem.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
    Options
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭

*Sees the scourge harvester suggestion*

Calm the **** down, Satan.
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Sees the scourge harvester suggestion*

Calm the **** down, Satan.

Heh, it's one of the few single target monster sets, so gotta make it more powerful somehow. Instead of stunning the target, maybe let the beam restore magicka and stam as well, but the total amount would be less than EG. Suggestions are welcome lol.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elusive mist - increase speed back to 40% minimum. Actually be immune to cc affects.

Invigorating drain - can't be interrupted.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ruben , answer : how does a nightblade heal !
    This. Each class has at least one great healing/ward ability except nightblades.
    Elusive mist - increase speed back to 40% minimum. Actually be immune to cc affects.

Invigorating drain - can't be interrupted.
    Vampires do need some love.

On a different note, when will we get the black werewolf with red eyes for the berserker ultimate? I don't understand why we still don't have that skin since it's already in the game.
    Edited by Leogon on February 8, 2016 10:11PM
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elusive mist should be buffed to 40% and no stun, immobilize or snares allowed.

And then mage light should be changed to completely strip all those skill abilities. All for the sake of balance you see. Also I don't approve of that type of play style where people try to turn into some type of mist and run away. That's not fair!

Sincerely,

Scruffy the Magicka Melee Vampire Night Blade
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Laquey wrote: »
    Cathexis wrote: »
    As it stands with the 25% physical damage redux cp you will likely HAVE to take 5 Piece medium to compensate for the severe damage loss. My tank sorc will likely not work anymore as he can barely achieve enough damage at the same time as the necessary defensive stats and most of the time neither my defensive stats or offensive stats are fully adequate.

Rather than a flat damage buff for heavy you might also consider a large damage buff that functions as a mechanic of taking damage. Something like: when you take damage you gain the minor 10% damage buff for 10 seconds, and for every 1000 dmg you take your damage increases your damage by 1% up to say a max 30% for 3 or 4 seconds, refreshing every time you take damage. That way you can't just burst people from stealth, but when shots are fired you can fire back. I get that the numbers might need to be adjusted but the general concept is what I am trying to get across. I could see how that might be a bit excessive for pve. From a pvp perspective though, if a player outputs 30,000 damage on you and you are still standing, you arguably probably in a situation where you need some leverage to even the odds.

This would also create a dynamic response to being focus fired by many players at once and the subsequent aoe damage you could output - perhaps better burst than leather armor yes, but when you consider it is damage-in dependent and also how much more expensive heavy armor is to make, I think that is fair.

Also let's not forget that medium gives a significant damage advantage in terms of stamina sustainability and critical chance. Even withough a competitive damage bonus, medium armor would still easily retain the top slot for overall dps.

The problem with this style of damage buff for heavy armour is in ESO you have no way to force someone in pvp to attack a heavy armour wearer. And if they can't do damage without being attacked they are no longer a threat. The only real way to counter this is to make them a threat through good base damage and high survivability with some decent melee control. If you leave a heavy armour wearer standing on your healer on attacking your dps they will die etc.

I've seen the above suggestion in a couple of different MMOs and it doesn't work without pvp focus fire and that sort of thing is hated more than CC by most pvpers.

in most MMO's the tank builds tend to be good at crowd controlling, debuffing the life out of you, snaring you and making your life annoying as hell while alive. usually they lack kills but have the skills to give you reason to shut them down
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a minimum distance on Teleport Strike and it's morphs. This snare on gap closer thing doesn't fix anything. The problem was, and still is, Nightblade's casting their gap closer over and over and over on someone while right on top of them. They can still do this and snare over and over and over again. This change fixes nothing. The root caused by casted gap closers was never the problem.

Sure it is.. Come in 28 unit range of a zerg and you die.. Even if you have something like retreating maneuver, due to that root/snare on gap closer.
    Options
  • marvel_bound
    marvel_bound
    ✭✭
    Please redo the entire vampire skill line and the undanted skill line most of these abilities are no effective enough to be out in a bar except for bat swarm and undanted taunt ability
    Options
  • Atomsk27
    Atomsk27
    ✭✭
    Magelight effects the nightblade's core and only defensive/survivability skill too much. Lower the 5 seconds or add a cool down to magelight so it can't be spammed. The purge nerf is fine.
    Edited by Atomsk27 on February 11, 2016 4:51AM
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do something with heavy armor. Really anything 8s better than what we have now.
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism penalties are too high in Cyrodiil. Players already get a passive damage increase against vampires, and then in addiotion to that, there's Dawnbreaker and Camo Hunter.

Reduce the damage of Camo Hunter procs, Dawnbreaker itself already does a ton of damage, and at least requires the attacker to be melee. Camo Hunter instashotting is not skilled gameplay, it just makes it very frustrating for anyone who is a vampire. And it's getting pretty rare for someone to be a vampire in Cyrodiil for that very reason. And now mistform is nerfed even more, too. Give Elusive Mist Major AND Minor Expedition to keep the speed the same as it used to be.

Remove ALL additional effects from gap closers on the receiving player. If the gap closer does not exactly connect sometimes, the player can simply use the gap closer again. It is NOT OK for the one being charged to be getting these debuffs because it gets them unnecessarily killed simply due to gap closer spamming. It is incredibly frustrating to be on the receiving end of a gap closer.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the other skill no one uses reduces fighters guild damage by a certain amount when slotted.
    Options
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    please increase the cost of regeneration and make it hit 4 targets. That is all
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you think about it- the two main crit enhancing slotted abilities (Magelight and Expert Hunter) are pretty much the bane of a NB's existence. Not only does it detect the NB... but a majority of magicka NBs are vampires and stamina NBs are werewolves. So... you're pretty much just screwed all-together.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    First, a couple random thoughts that I hope are common-sense.

Why is Dawnbreaker Damage still magic-based? We have a Mage's Guild (Magicka-based with a wonderful magicka ultimate) and a Fighter's Guild (knuckle draggers AKA Stamina-based) - why in the world is the Ultimate scaling off Magic damage? Not to cry wolf on preferential treatment to magic-based builds, but I'd suggest that at least Flawless Dawnbreaker which already does passively buff weapon damage to also scale off of Stamina.

Overload morph that is Stamina-based - It wouldn't even need to be "as good" in the sense that you can stand a mile away and spam it currently. Why not add the same calculations to a stamina version and make it merely buff your standard attacks to match the current output. That way you actually have to be in melee range and can't escape as easily. That'd be an easy and GREATLY appreciated fix to stam sorcs.

More options for Stamina-based gameplay in general - Bear in mind, I enjoy playing Magicka based characters more than Stam, so I'm not entirely biased. The current options are pretty slim to get the same sort of output as a Magicka character. Recommendation is just more morphs to promote more diversity in the gameplay and less cookie cutter.

Now onto more off the wall thoughts

Regarding Racial Passives - why not just scrap the whole thing and make it purely cosmetic? Then change it to a constellation system where you are "born under a certain star or sign" that grants you access to 3 things of your choosing. Then you can play any race and still attain build-specific passives instead of just having a bunch of High Elves running around because it makes more sense as a magicka character.

Regarding Heavy Armor - I think the collective agreement is that we need something to make HA worth wearing. In PvP, you will just get ignored if you don't present a tangible threat to anyone and you are so tanked up as to not be easily killed. Random thoughts about passives and/or skills to make that play-style relevant
    1) Need a passive or trait to make this character relevant to be targeted - Would need at least 5 equipped to activate to ensure you aren't just putting 1 on to activate. (Note the following is to be used as an EXAMPLE, not a full-fledged thought) Something like a "Field General" passive that offers AoE buffs/debuffs if not engaged and which makes you a bright glowing beacon of HA glory in PvP.
    2) Need a passive or trait that makes being targeted and surviving equate to something meaningful in the form of group buff/debuff and/or DPS. 2 passives playing off one another would work great: Passive 1 mitigates x% damage for each HA equipped; Passive 2 stores mitigated damage up to X (increases per HA equipped) then bursts in AoE fashion for X damage based off of the higher of max stam/magic.
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Anyone have the impression of game became a more dps race more than it ever was? People in duel spot mostly die to the initial burst and they are not bad players at all. I know people are trying new things etc but those are mostly theorycrafted builds, not yolo builds. Even my tooltips got just skyrocketed without even trying. Everthing hits way too much. Idk but something is wrong somewhere.

Ever since Wrobel took over, the game has been moving to make PvP a simple DPS race.

Shields got nerfed. Blocking got nerfed. Heavy Armor gets left to atrophy. Now we hear they are actually considering making all shields have cast times or cancel each other out.

This I guess is Eric's idea of a fun PvP meta: a simple DPS check.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was wondering if you guys could possibly buff p the support skill "Guard" radius from 8.5 to say 15 meters. As you guys said in AvA every one is every where and you guys wanna stop the whole "stack on crown" stuff and guards radius is kinda small.
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want double reflect back. Now it's a significant buff to Reflective Scales and a nerf to all S'n'B users who spend 1 GCD and stamina to cast projectiles that won't be reflected.
    Edited by Ashamray on February 13, 2016 8:46PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bug:
    On the 2.3.1 PTS, Destro staff abilities are not scaling properly with the Elemental Expert passive in the Apprentice Champion point passive.

Adding points into the Elemental Expert passive results in a far smaller damage increase than expected.

This data was gathered from the in-game tooltips, both in the skill pane, and on the skill bar, with a Lightning staff equipped.
    Options
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a change to carve and its morphs ( first skill in 2hander skill line). It's damage at v16 is lackluster in pvp and pve. Would also like to see the damage shield morph changed to a single target with a damage increase of 50%. That would give it a tooltip value of around that of concealed weapon. And it would give 2hand a spammable skill that isn't wrecking blow and not OP.

@Wrobel
    Options
  • TheDefiantOne
    TheDefiantOne
    ✭✭
    I saw some of the comments concerning the wall of elements, and it's morphs' changes and I don't think this next point has been mentionned :

on live, the damage over time effect ticks every 0.5 seconds, but on the pts it is every 1 second. Which does not achieve the 80 % damage increase, according to ZOS initial patch note :

Unstable Wall of Elements (Wall of Elements morph): Increased the damage from the final explosion from this morph by 75%. We also fixed an issue where the visual effects of the explosion from this morph did not match the actual damage.

Wall of Elements:
    -Increased the damage for this ability and its morphs by 80%.
    -Fixed an issue where Wall of Storms and its morphs were not setting concussed enemies off balance.
    -Fixed an issue where the visual effects from Wall of Flame and Wall of Frost would not be removed when they were recast at a new location.

The 80 % damage increased from the initial 0.5 second tick is greatly needed if you want more people to complete veteran maelstrom arena content and try to get the Maelstrom destro staff. These weapons should be apealing to players and having the enchant from this weapon work (because it doesn't right now on the PTS) combined with a stronger WoE, will encourage people to include other skills in their build.
    Options
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Very Concerned about Championsystem I really hope you are going to take a look:

So you made it so Elemental Expert basically increases all Magicka based damage now. This is really good for Magicka builds. They will have all their damage increased. Be it Magic / Fire / Frost or Lightning Damage. There is pretty much no ability that Scales with Magicka and deals Physical Damage except for the Dragonknight's Dragon Leap.

BUT

Stamina builds that have different sources of damage don't get anything. A Stamina DK gains a lot of his damage from Fire Damage. And he still needs to split points between Mighty and Elemental Expert. A Stamina Nightblade will have similar issues because of the Magic Damage he does. Same goes for Stamina Templars and Sorcerers. To me it sounded like they wanted exactly this to be gone. Apparently only in favor of Magicka builds.

They should have just made:

Elemental Expert: Increases all Magicka based Damage
    Mighty: Increases all Stamina based Damage

Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Thaumaturge.
    Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Penetration
    Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Critical Damage
    Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Elemental Expert
    Stamina builds need Mighty
    Magicka builds do NOT need Mighty because they don't do any Physical Damage.

So to increase DPS Magicka builds need 4 different passives and Stamina builds need 5 different passives. This is hurting Stamina builds a lot especially given the fact we only have 167 CP to spend. Magicka builds need 100 CP to increase all their Damage by 25%. Stamina builds need 200 CP to increase all their Damage by 25%.

For the love of god, please please think about changing it to what I suggested.

Stamina builds can obtain higher base damage than magicka builds in general. I understand the reason for their choice, plus they are making many other changes relating to the items you mentioned, so I am not sure if specifically changing it to this would work for balance. I am by no means an expert or understand the whole process.
    Options
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the PS4 so I don't know all the changes, but I think Mist Form from the Vampire Skill line has not been changed. I think it should be as you can be stunned at the moment, not really making it an escape abillity (the only real reason why you would use it). It was good to change it so people can still see and attack you, but they should not be able to stun you while in Mist Form. I'd like to see something change in this aspect.
    Options
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    Any plans for resto staff ever having an ability to restore allies' stamina?
    Options