Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Feedback Thread for Non-Class Changes

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for any non-class related changes. Please let us know how you feel about the changes we made to the other skill lines, if you ran into any bugs, and any other feedback you'd like to give.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Concerned about Championsystem I really hope you are going to take a look:

So you made it so Elemental Expert basically increases all Magicka based damage now. This is really good for Magicka builds. They will have all their damage increased. Be it Magic / Fire / Frost or Lightning Damage. There is pretty much no ability that Scales with Magicka and deals Physical Damage except for the Dragonknight's Dragon Leap.

BUT

Stamina builds that have different sources of damage don't get anything. A Stamina DK gains a lot of his damage from Fire Damage. And he still needs to split points between Mighty and Elemental Expert. A Stamina Nightblade will have similar issues because of the Magic Damage he does. Same goes for Stamina Templars and Sorcerers. To me it sounded like they wanted exactly this to be gone. Apparently only in favor of Magicka builds.

They should have just made:

Elemental Expert: Increases all Magicka based Damage
    Mighty: Increases all Stamina based Damage

Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Thaumaturge.
    Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Penetration
    Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Critical Damage
    Both Stamina and Magicka builds need Elemental Expert
    Stamina builds need Mighty
    Magicka builds do NOT need Mighty because they don't do any Physical Damage.

So to increase DPS Magicka builds need 4 different passives and Stamina builds need 5 different passives. This is hurting Stamina builds a lot especially given the fact we only have 167 CP to spend. Magicka builds need 100 CP to increase all their Damage by 25%. Stamina builds need 200 CP to increase all their Damage by 25%.

For the love of god, please please think about changing it to what I suggested.
    Edited by Xantaria on February 12, 2016 8:39AM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'll just paste this here ;)

it's about Restoration Staffs and Destruction staffs.

feel they need alittle tweaking to finally bring them more inline with being more competative so... here i go.

Restoration Staffs -
    The mending buff on heavy attacks is nice but 3 seconds is REALLY weak, 7-8 seconds would be more reasonable, as no sane healer would be heavy attack channeling every 2 seconds for a small healing boost that could jeperdise your groups survival to charge up. otherwise i like this change.

Restoring springs: either increase the magicka restore by one additional target OR give the affected targets minor magicka+stamina regen

the other morph (i actually dont remember the name it's that bad compaired to springs): i feel the 1 extra second is kind of pointless, why not just include it into the base spell and make this morph more focused on being a bigger AoE with slightly increased healing output.

Prayer (unmorphed) : include the additional length+width morph as a default
    the morph mentioned above (again pretty weak morph cant remember name) : either change it so the spell becomes a targeted ring or make it a smart heal similar to a Templars but of course weaker than the Templars so that they still have a better class choice for smart burst healing.

Healing Ward : i personally feel this one needs a slight tweak since it's shield heal is pretty potent, lower the shield amount, increase the heal percentage, so that way it becomes more of a life saver than a bonus health pool so that you are required to try not lose the bubble or risk losing the heal, more risk more reward in my opinion.

Force Siphon: increase the healing amount slightly, make it instant cast.
    Siphon Spirit: increase to 2% magicka restore
    Quick Siphon (new name, Siphon Vitality) : Slows the target by 5%, Restores 2% Stamina per hit

Restoration Master : also reduces Restoration Skill line costs by 2%/4%. not much but i feel it'll make just that little bit of difference

Destruction Staffs -

Destructive Touch: increase base range to 25m
    Destructive Reach (renamed Destructive Assault): deals increased damage, grants the affect of a fully charged heavy attack from passives

Tri-Focus: the frost componant has a further increased 3% shield amount

Ancient Knowledge : increased to 7%/15%, also increases light and heavy attack damage by 5%/10%

*personally i'd rather see something more elemental focused like Fire heavy attacks grant Major spell damage for 5seconds, Shock grants upto 6 nearby allies with minor stam+magicka, Frost grants upto 6 nearby allies with minor mending and health regen. why thse choices exactly? i feel this would give each element more specialization, rather them use my other threads idea's but these small changes will do*

Destruction Expert : Also restores Health equal to the magicka restore (maybe slightly more) . also increases the chance of all destruction staff based kills to apply a death affect, because who doesn't enjoy seeing these effects go off? :P
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spawn of Mephala: Increased the proc chance of this item set to a 100% chance when you hit with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, up from 50%.

I think the duration need's to be cut in half but damage doubled. This would help a lot. The proc rate is nice but no one is going to stand in this thing for 10 second's (in pvp).

If this set is intended for more of a PvE play-style by all mean's keep it the way it is. However i would like to see more monster set's be made viable for PvP.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 4, 2016 3:10AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Is the missing friends in the friend's list fix in the patch?
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge (Efficient Purge) for NB mark target. If you are going to increase the cost then it would be nice if you could prioritize the mark removal first when purge is used. Right now it is a random removal and while you are trying to figure out whether it is gone you often get marked again making the whole thing pointless and more soe if you can't cloak quickly enough should the mark actually get removed on the second purge. Either prioritize the mark removal (instead of the spell and physical resist debuffs) or make it remove 3 debuffs please.

Having to double purge to ensure a mark removal is a PITA and will be painful with the increased cost....and still won't guarantee that you don't immediately get marked again (which is a losing resource battle)>
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was there any thought behind the champion passive changes? The changes to the light, medium, and heavy armor champion passives is not balanced whatsoever. On top of that light armor naturally has high spell resistance on top of the utilization of harness magicka; it's a no brainer to dump all of your CP into resist physical damage. If you want to make a resist physical damage passive, fine. But make it so that light armor has no advantages against magicka builds. This way magicka builds actually need to choose who they want to be resistance against rather than being tanky against all builds.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a side not, healing ward needs to have it's potential shield strength reduced.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also make meteor reflectable again. I have no idea why you guys did that.
    Options
  • Rudster
    Rudster
    ✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

So you made it so Elemental Expert basically increases all Magicka based damage now. This is really good for Magicka builds.

BUT

Stamina builds that have different sources of damage don't get anything. A Stamina DK gains a lot of his damage from Fire Damage. And he still needs to split points between Mighty and Elemental Expert. A Stamina Nightblade will have similar issues because of the Magic Damage he does. To me it sounded like they wanted exactly this to be gone. Apparently only in favor of Magicka builds.

So to increase DPS Magicka builds need 4 different passives.
    and Stamina builds need 5 different passives.

This. I was honestly thinking that Stam DK's were going to top Overloading Sorcs for PVE DPS because I figured they were going to allow a single CP passive increase all damage done thats based on stamina\weapon damage.

I wonder if Rapid Strikes is considered a DOT for the new Tharmaturge passives, because if so you might not even want that many points into Mighty on a Stam DK.....
    Options
  • Nightwolfmenace
    Heavy Armor still needs improvement as the passives are still pretty lackluster... not to mentio the fact that you increased weapon and spell penetration by 167%...

Argonian Magicka NB v16 EP / Dark Elf Magicka DK v16 EP
    Wood Elf Stamina NB v16 AD / Imperial Stamina DK v16 DC
    Redguard Stamina Templar v16 EP / Breton Magicka Sorc v16 EP
    High Elf Magicka Templar v16 AD / Orc Stamina Sorc v1 DC
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was there any thought behind the champion passive changes? The changes to the light, medium, and heavy armor champion passives is not balanced whatsoever. On top of that light armor naturally has high spell resistance on top of the utilization of harness magicka; it's a no brainer to dump all of your CP into resist physical damage. If you want to make a resist physical damage passive, fine. But make it so that light armor has no advantages against magicka builds. This way magicka builds actually need to choose who they want to be resistance against rather than being tanky against all builds.

Magicka sorcs being unkillable on live servers wasn't good enough, I guess. GL after this change goes through.
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    About Vigor !

Stamina build need to be able to purge at some point in the game, some class can work around that other can't. And now I talk about Nightblade. Yup, the nightblade that everybody hates is actually pretty needy class that will get the best of you in 3 to 4 second but that can also be kill pretty easily if they miss that window of opportunity.

So here's my question, could we turn one of the morph of vigor into a cleanse and stop to give him an extra range ? self cleanse for sure Something like 2 dot.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAP CLOSER SNARE (PROBABLY THE BIGGEST ISSUE)
    Its great that it has been reduced from a 100% stun/snare to 60%, but this mechanic in general REALLY hurts the quality of play.

Unbreakable gap closer snare has the following detrimental effects on the pvp environment:
    • It makes ambush spam unstoppable.
    • It makes zergs and outnumbered situations unstoppable/unresistable.
    • It forces players to use high burst damage, in order to minimize time engaged at close range.

For me personally as a stam sorcerer, even the tankiest ones (I know this, I am a tank heavy stamina sorcerer in pvp) RELY on the ability to move around. This implementation ruins tank based play as a stamina sorcerer in pvp.

Furthermore, NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS IMPLEMENTATION, and 95% OF THE FORUM WANTS IT REMOVED, OR AT LEAST WANTS SNARE IMMUNITY TO FUNCTION PROPERLY TO COUNTER IT. It makes no sense to have escape abilities like bolt escape or retreating maneuvers if you cannot escape or retreat.

For those who will say "but you should not be able to win an 1vX" here is a real life video of a guy winning a 1v7 fight:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YqaAmRER7_M

You'll notice when his opponents charge him, he doesnt stand still and wait for them to hit him.

If you search youtube you will find many, many more instances of single individuals winning fights against multiple opponents.

You'll notice when their opponents charge them, they do not stand still and wait for them to attack.

SECOND: Reducing movement speed on the major speed buff and increasing the base speed of sprint makes it FURTHER IMPOSSIBLE to use retreating maneuvers to do what it is designed to do which is allow for retreat. It is basically saying "you must use leather armor for PVP, because you will not be fast enough in heavy armor."

THIRD: With the implementation of the damage redux CP and absolutely ZERO BUFF to heavy armor, the effectiveness of heavy armor has been completely deminished. It does not provide adequate damage output or alternative benefits over light or medium armor in the current live patch, and it will only be worse when this CP bonus goes live.
    Edited by Cathexis on February 5, 2016 2:31AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a MAJOR issue with the current form of Radiant Magelight-

Before there was a clear indicator who was benefitting from the reduced stealth attack damage and immunity to stealth stuns.
    Now there is no indicator whatsoever that that person has any such buff. This is a HUGE issue.

In the past when asked why wouldn't you make a toggle for Bound Armor visuals, your response was "So players could adjust tactics to counter your buff". That is quite small compared the the buff Radiant Magelight gives imo.

There HAS to be some visual indicator that someone has Radiant Magelight slotted so a player can adjust his/her tactics accordingly. I have even let it slide that the "group" buff portion of this skill has never had a radius indicator. However since you seem to want to punish stealthers, I am going to mention that also.

To reiterate:

Radiant Magelight needs to have a visual component to indicate someone has this buff active and it would be quite helpful if you would kindly add some visual effect for the group members said person is buffing as well.

Edit* Also, before anyone says " My buff tracker addon shows the major prophecy buff". That requires a separate download to see something in a game that claims to have visual effects for everything so there are no need to DL these types of addons.
    Edited by Xeniph on February 4, 2016 7:05AM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like the book has finally been closed on bleed issues. Thank you for finally putting changes that made bleeds actually relevant. Are there any changes regarding blade cloak or hidden blade in the works?
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    No refund of Champion Points?

We're going to need to shuffle points around.
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I and a handful of others from the Heavy armor needs buffed already thread are concerned there are no changes to it. Many were suggested in the thread, custom tailored to heavy armor's theme.

Will non-class abilities be a focus in a future Update?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord Warden: Increased the proc chance of this item set to a 50% chance when you take damage, from 6%.

This is a nice change to try to make this set viable, but bloodpspawn is still so much better at doing what this set tries to do. As of the current live game, the dungeon that this drops in is the hardest group content in the game. Make the helmet reflect that it drops from the hardest available group content in the current live game.

Solution: Add the snare and a high damage DoT to the shadow orb. For example, any enemy passing through the orb's radius is snared for 70% and takes x DoT while in the orbs radius. The affects remain for 8 seconds after the enemy is no longer in the radius of the orb.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • silentgecko
    silentgecko
    ✭✭✭
    I tested the change of Molag Kena set, so that you can't proc it from light attack - skill - light attack.

but...it sill works.
    now you get even a 4 sec buff to proc it....

here's my vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhf-8O6a7E

HD version is coming when yt finished processing ^^
    Guildmaster of Panic Mode! www.panic-mode.de
    Aetherian Archive Hardmode: Clear.
    Hel Ra Hardmode: Clear.
    Sanctum Ophidia Hardmode: Clear.
    Veteran Maelstrom Arena: Clear.

VR 16 Sorcerer - V16 Nightblade
    Options
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other single target ultimates are dodgeable/interuptable - take flight for example.

If you remove the reflect option from Meteor you have to add the option to dodge the ultimate or it will be unbalanced.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone got any info on the new AP requirements for Assault and Support? Thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have the impression of game became a more dps race more than it ever was? People in duel spot mostly die to the initial burst and they are not bad players at all. I know people are trying new things etc but those are mostly theorycrafted builds, not yolo builds. Even my tooltips got just skyrocketed without even trying. Everthing hits way too much. Idk but something is wrong somewhere.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudster wrote: »

So you made it so Elemental Expert basically increases all Magicka based damage now. This is really good for Magicka builds.

BUT

Stamina builds that have different sources of damage don't get anything. A Stamina DK gains a lot of his damage from Fire Damage. And he still needs to split points between Mighty and Elemental Expert. A Stamina Nightblade will have similar issues because of the Magic Damage he does. To me it sounded like they wanted exactly this to be gone. Apparently only in favor of Magicka builds.

This. I was honestly thinking that Stam DK's were going to top Overloading Sorcs for PVE DPS because I figured they were going to allow a single CP passive increase all damage done thats based on stamina\weapon damage.

I wonder if Rapid Strikes is considered a DOT for the new Tharmaturge passives, because if so you might not even want that many points into Mighty on a Stam DK.....

I thought Championsystem would become better for Stamina builds. Instead, it got worse.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think racial passives should be exempt from the Cyrodiil penalties. Max stat passives don't get any penalty while passives like the Argonians' get nerfed in half. For instance, quick to mend is only half as effective, not to mention the healing from potions is also cut in half. It's really not fair that a race or two gets penalized while others are at full strength. Please consider giving racial passives an exemption. It really is a balance issue. Argonians get double nerfed in Cyrodiil while a Redguard is at full force.
    Edited by Junkogen on February 4, 2016 12:12PM
    Options
  • Kayrne
    Kayrne
    ✭✭✭
    Rudster wrote: »

BUT

I thought Championsystem would become better for Stamina builds. Instead, it got worse.

Same here. Not amused about this changes for my stamblade in PVE
    Options
  • Aspi90
    Aspi90
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a DW high dmg single target skill (no dot) , especially for crit surge.(why is the weapon tree which provides the most crits not usefull for crit surge?!) A DW Wrecking Blow ;)

Flying Blade is kinda meh. It seems that everyone is only using DW because of the higher Damage/Passives, not because of the Skills from the DW tree.
    The only Skill I see in PVP is flying blade, but only from Zergs.
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After a bit of playing about with CP values on my sorc, I have noticed that Thaumaturge is still increasing magic damage, whereas Elemental Expert does not.

Confirmed this by dumping 100 CP into Elemental Expert, then Thaumaturge and checking Crystal Frags, Magicka Det tooltip values etc. Took everything out of Thaumaturge and put it into another un-relative passives (piercing), the magic damage went down again.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may be beating a dead horse, but I'll just leave this here:

Can we get some significant changes to Blood Altar ... Pretty please?
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can the Ligh/Medium/Heavy Passive gain the same value of Resistance when u max it?
    Thats kinda stupid. U should make a noticeable difference there. Otherwise, lik i said before we keep tanking content in medium Armor. Also that medium has 75% mitigation of heavy, and light has 50% is pretty bad design.

Give Heavy Armor pls a buff in the passives so they can nearly negate the effects of phys/spell penetration. Like it is now, u just go and gimp yourself.

Make one of the useless armortraits like sturdy to resist a hard ammound of penetration.

Regarding to penetration, since u stopped % values in the cp system, apply a hard value to weapons and get rid of the %based penetration.

Really dont know what u guys do with heavy armor......
    Options
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About Vigor !

Stamina build need to be able to purge at some point in the game, some class can work around that other can't. And now I talk about Nightblade. Yup, the nightblade that everybody hates is actually pretty needy class that will get the best of you in 3 to 4 second but that can also be kill pretty easily if they miss that window of opportunity.

So here's my question, could we turn one of the morph of vigor into a cleanse and stop to give him an extra range ? self cleanse for sure Something like 2 dot.

How does a stamina DK or sorc purge dots?
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Options