Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

2K for Nord Hero Armor?

• Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is complaining about the 2k mount reskins :o when this in my opinion is "worth" more than a recolouring of your horse.
    Edited by Saturn on January 28, 2016 7:56PM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Don't compare DLC to fluff add-ons like costumes and mounts. In the gaming industry, fluff is the perfect microtransaction to price high. There are no game balance concerns, it's basically both a status symbol and a cosmetic appeal. It does no actual damage to character development.

If you think 20$ is a microtransaction then you are either rich or easily duped.

A true Microtransaction is less than 1$.

Angry Birds is the perfect example of this business model. One of the highest grossing games of all time and nothing is over 1$.

Its an age old dilemma that many companies deal with. Do we price high and go for the highest quality. or do we price low and go for mass volume.

In this case the quality is poor. They should have went with a high volume sales strategy.

$20 is a microtransaction these days, especially for exclusive items. Actually, the old number was $5 or less, the sweet spot being around $2.99. But this is the gaming world we live in now.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20 isn't that much money. I spend that much when I order pizza or go to the movies.

And when they *** your pizza up do you take it and not complain? Whether you think it is a lot of money or not, do you not put value on the time and effort you put into working to gain said money? Idk about you, but I don't buy crap. I expect quality. The quality of this costume is just plain not worth the money they want for it. Its about the value of the item. IMO.

I got no issues with people who choose to buy this btw, none at all.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was the other 2 I'd buy it but this one is the worst of the 3
    #MOREORBS
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    $20 isn't that much money. I spend that much when I order pizza or go to the movies.

And when they *** your pizza up do you take it and not complain? Whether you think it is a lot of money or not, do you not put value on the time and effort you put into working to gain said money? Idk about you, but I don't buy crap. I expect quality. The quality of this costume is just plain not worth the money they want for it. Its about the value of the item. IMO.

The analogy isn't a strong one. You already bought your pizza and it's not right. You don't have to purchase this Nord costume, you can make an educated decision before buying it. We *can* however provide feedback, which is what I feel we're all doing. They aren't going to read this if it's not constructive though.
  • spawn_to_kill
    spawn_to_kill
    ✭✭✭
    i bought it as its a ebon heart one was pricey though
    August Palatine
    vr16, dk
    vr 16 sorc,, templar,, nb
    500+1 champion points eups4
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have bought it if it actually looked like the cinematic armor rather than the pos it looks like now...
  • Discord_Days
    Discord_Days
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

I understand what you want to say here - but you can't apply this to all people. I buy crowns not only to get some cool looking dress for my character or some pet. I also do it to support the devs with extra money since I'm in love with this game and I'd like them to continue working and improving it.
    Sure I won't buy the nordic hero armour because I think it's subpar and not worth the price - but they have several other awesome costumes that have been made with love and eye for detail! And sure 1000 for one costume might be "steep" if I only think about the costume - but since I don't, it's not a problem for me. :)
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bought it as its a ebon heart one was pricey though

I like to make new characters so to think I can start each one out with some cool warrior looking armor is a plus. This armor definitely makes you look like a warrior when compared to some of the other heavy armor sets in the game.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're pretty much doing everything wrong with the Crown Store. I've no idea how much they make from it but if it was done right they'd double or triple that amount.

Having said that I still spent real $ on discounted crowns last year specifically to get the Breton and Elf costumes and the Nord one worries me because it's very mediocre. If the next two aren't spot on then at 2k each I'll be dissappointed and pass on them.

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs too much and the quality is too poor.

If it looked more like the armor in the trailer they might have gotten me.

I hope they get it together for the other two cinematic costumes.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks surprisingly unremarkable, I'd be interested to know how many copies they'll sell at this price. I much prefer some of the 700 crown cosmetic armor packs: Nedic or Winterborn, for example.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be a hero, you gotta pay the price :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    It looks surprisingly unremarkable, I'd be interested to know how many copies they'll sell at this price. I much prefer some of the 700 crown cosmetic armor packs: Nedic or Winterborn, for example.

700 for 3 costumes or 2k for 1? easy math.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    ADtmvr8.jpg
    WRTqwih.jpg
    IVWJqMu.jpg
    OB1vk68.jpg

I just saw the crown store ad for this armor and the picture in the ad looks NOTHING like this. The armor in the ad looks much better. They are literally false advertising in my opinion. Offering one, better looking, product and giving out a different product. They are catfishing "Hero" armor lol
    Edited by MikeB on January 28, 2016 11:00PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks good on female character without wearing the helm the helm is not that great but the rest of the outfit is.
    I do think it should have been 1500 in cost but I want the the other two outfits and I am excited for the other hero costumes!.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »

700 for 3 costumes or 2k for 1? easy math.
    Well, if I really liked the costume, I might be willing to pay those 2k. I bought the black panther even though I already had a tiger, after all. The problem is that the Nord Hero costume is underwhelming and doesn't stand out among other available heavy armors. The helmet is unique, I guess, but I don't even wear helmets.
    Edited by Rosveen on January 28, 2016 11:03PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB_IMG_1454021752859_zpskmjko6bz.jpg
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    FB_IMG_1454021752859_zpskmjko6bz.jpg
    Please stop posting this in every thread about costumes.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Does it at least look good? Can I have a screenshot of it (preferably on a male character).

NOPE
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, um, fug that shib
    N64 NA EP
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is the Norse Armor DLC?
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ii love it and think it looks awesome. i dont think they should have charged 2k for it -,-
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Lenikus wrote: »
    You guys do realize it's meant to be a "Bragging Rights" kind of item, right?
    it ~needs~ to be expensive.

Zeni ain't gonna charge 100 crowns for a freakin' item that was expected and asked about since launch.

Bragging rights for something anyone can buy? Not my idea of something to brag about.To WIN a costume,and there are a few ingame to win,..now THATs worth bragging about.
    $20 isn't that much money. I spend that much when I order pizza ....

Sure, but you get a pizza. A pizza. Mmmmm ....

(Suddenly I'm hungry ...)

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    almost 3x the price of normal costumes?
    was looking into buying it but not 2k crowns

I think they changed their price policy drastically over past couple of months. If those old costumes were coming out today, they would probably cost more too.

uhm last outfits they released before were 700 crowns aswell?
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over priced;

I bought both the *** bears (brown and polar bear) then you bring out another with just a different colour and charge $25,

All this is showing is ZOS is desperate.

Whoever thought of that stupid *** $1 million dollar competition should be fired and banned from the tech industry permanently.

Waste of time, waste of money and not fun at all.

• NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda like it. To each their own I suppose.

j9t1yq.jpg
    2u8gqc9.jpg
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Twizelbang
    Twizelbang
    ✭✭
    "The ultimate purpose of Daedric Lords is to instruct and improve the generally deplorable character of mortals".
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanhelm wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Vanhelm wrote: »
    Nobody is under any obligation to get it and it gives no ingame advantages whatsoever. Don't want it? No problem. Move along.

They make it for us to use,and if we like it,we want to get it.They want to make money,we want to use the item.If it is too much,or the same price as an entire DLC,not a good way to make money.End of story.
    Now,move along.

I don't dispute any of what you said, and I do apologise because I didn't realise you already knew exactly how much money they're going to make from the sale. My bad.

No bad.No. :}
    It's hard sometimes to see things the way they are meant,when your typing words.No prob at all. :}
  • TheCagyLlama
    TheCagyLlama
    Soul Shriven
    Coming to the forums to say "it costs too much" does "bleep" all if a boat load of people still buy it, sadly.

The only way to influence prices is to not but the item and encourage other to do the same.