Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

2K for Nord Hero Armor?

• SahrotRein
    SahrotRein
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've bought this skin right when I logged on after buying 5,5k Crowns. I bought it immediately even though:

It lacks red shoulder cape.
    Is 2k Crowns.
    I play an Altmer.
    I dislike Nords.
    No chain on right horn as in trailer.

Basically, I don't have a single reason to buy it except for the fact that it's limited time only. Thanks marketing.
    But in the end...
    tumblr_lm0gsgNYRx1qdlkgg.gif
    Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k crowns to look like this:
    bySSwHG.png

no thanks.
    I'll stay with this look for 0 crowns:
    JnBOrEB.png
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runaan wrote: »
    I've bought this skin right when I logged on after buying 5,5k Crowns. I bought it immediately even though:

Is 2k Crowns.
    I play an Altmer.
    I dislike Nords.

Basically, I don't have a single reason to buy it except for the fact that it's limited time only. Thanks marketing.
    But in the end...

Capes will never be a thing. So not sure why this is an issue...
    Yes the price is a bit much considering regular costumes packs are far less in price.
    What does this have to do with anything? If youre an Altmer in the AD you can simply wait for the AD Hero Costume.
    Again.....Not sure what this has to do with anything. Its armor, not a character.
    The costume is based on the Nord Hero Armor, its not meant to be the actual armor.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2k for a broken costume...wouldn't even pay that for a non-broken costume, seriously look at the horn on the helmet, one of them is broken so it's worthless.
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hardly play the game as of late so it doesn't matter what I think but saw the 2k armor. Hilarious. Anyone who buys a costume, for 20-25 dollars is completely insane. And it doesn't even look good. And yes I could buy it, I dont do too bad, but consumers need to speak with their wallet, especially gamers.
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like junk why waste your money on that?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I think it's time for some constructive feedback so they can hopefully improve this 2k armour for those suckers people who bought it.

1. It's far too shiny. Did the Nord Hero use Mr Sheen on this supposedly battered and worn armour?
    2. The edges on everything are too rounded. It literally looks like plastic. Give it some jaggered edges or something
    3. The textures are extremely poor
    4. Unless you have the right shaped head, the helmet doesn't look like it fits, so it really does look like a poor-man's costume.
    5. The extra details on the armour, like badges, look like they were tacked on there with Paint.NET.

Basically, if you didn't call this the Nord Hero Costume, I wouldn't have a clue what you were trying to achieve with this product. It really looks bad ZOS, and you should feel bad if you don't plan on fixing it.
    Did I buy it? Hell no, and I don't intend to, but you really need to make some adjustments for those who dished out 2k crowns for something that looks more comical than the jester outfit.
  • Thaiden
    Thaiden
    I've bought it.. I know the 2k crowns are a lot but I just wanted that extra immersion because I'm playing a build like the Nord from the trailers. I love the armor but also it dissapoints me, you don't even get the awesome cloak/cape !! =(
    Thaiden Wolfheart - "The White Wolf" - Nord Dragonknight
    Ysmir Wolfheart - "Dragon of the North" - Nord Templar
    Ysgran Wolfheart - "Warden of the North" - Nord Warden

Victory or Sovngarde !
  • Thaiden
    Thaiden
    Alucardo wrote: »
    OK, I think it's time for some constructive feedback so they can hopefully improve this 2k armour for those suckers people who bought it.

1. It's far too shiny. Did the Nord Hero use Mr Sheen on this supposedly battered and worn armour?
    2. The edges on everything are too rounded. It literally looks like plastic. Give it some jaggered edges or something
    3. The textures are extremely poor
    4. Unless you have the right shaped head, the helmet doesn't look like it fits, so it really does look like a poor-man's costume.
    5. The extra details on the armor, like badges, look like they were tacked on there with Paint.NET.

Basically, if you didn't call this the Nord Hero Costume, I wouldn't have a clue what you were trying to achieve with this product. It really looks bad ZOS, and you should feel bad if you don't plan on fixing it.
    Did I buy it? Hell no, and I don't intend to, but you really need to make some adjustments for those who dished out 2k crowns for something that looks more comical than the jester outfit.

You're *** RIGHT ! I hope they add in the small red and cloak/cape he is wearing and make it less shiny, Also on his right arm in the trailers the Nord has a more scales and stuff making it so that you can not see skin on his right arm while the armor has skin showed on both arms...

Victory or Sovngarde !
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont know why people are so *** serious it is 1 out off 3 most iconic outfits which have association with ESO and honest 2000 for 1 off iconic outfit is small price to pay atlest i think and btw the other 2 iconic outfit will most cost same
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't wait for the AD costume but yeah 2k crowns is quite expensive 1.5k would be more reasonable of a price.

I would have to really think long and hard before I could convince myself that even at 1.5K crowns it would still be worth the purchase. It's just so damn ugly.

• Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen one single person wearing this today. That's it. 2000 crowns? Not worth it.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets be honest the costume is a crappy watered down version that looks like it took its textures from 2009 I'd have my doubts buying it at 400 crowns but 2k NOPE no limited sale buyers remorse for me sorry.

And looking at the upcoming costumes for the thieve guild dlc wich look just like the sand-kissed salwar ensemble but with a sash instead of a boob toob....guess I might buy one of those $500 dollar chairs with all the money I'm saving.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the way it's priced, it makes me think of it as sort of a "hidden" subscriber loyalty program in combination with the limited time frame to buy it. A $15 costume seems a bit steep, but if you already paid $15 for a subscription, well there ya go, bonus costume. Well sort of. You know what I mean.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    I dont know why people are so *** serious it is 1 out off 3 most iconic outfits which have association with ESO and honest 2000 for 1 off iconic outfit is small price to pay atlest i think and btw the other 2 iconic outfit will most cost same

Congratulations. You are officially the target audience. This game is being made for you!

I agree with what's been said before. It looks a bit cheap compared to the armour in the video. Certainly doesn't suit my dark elf.

Also I struggle with the costumes in general because you're basically paying extra to look identical to other people. I value being different.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    With the way it's priced, it makes me think of it as sort of a "hidden" subscriber loyalty program in combination with the limited time frame to buy it. A $15 costume seems a bit steep, but if you already paid $15 for a subscription, well there ya go, bonus costume. Well sort of. You know what I mean.
    The costume costs 2000 crowns, not 1500. You can't buy it with a month worth of subscription.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since that first game art I wanted that helmet...

Too bad it is a costume and I can't have the helmet alone.

Enjoy the costume though those who bought it :smile:

At least I have my Markarth Bear dog to comfort me :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »
    Wolfshead wrote: »

Congratulations. You are officially the target audience. This game is being made for you!

I agree with what's been said before. It looks a bit cheap compared to the armour in the video. Certainly doesn't suit my dark elf.

Also I struggle with the costumes in general because you're basically paying extra to look identical to other people. I value being different.

Well did i every say i have buy it???

Let see hmmmmmm Nope i did not write it that i have buy it.

But i still think it is small price to pay for it but i guess people think it is ok to buy recipe for 5000 crown and you dont see people whine about that do you.

But then again i guess you will always have people whine about something for us human will not really be happy :smiley:
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the same price as the next DLC...
    So to ZOS a skin has the same value as the whole Thieves Guild and 64Bit client? Intriguing...
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • Thaiden
    Thaiden
    I wonder, will they improve/rework the costume in the future ? Maybe rework it when they add cloaks/capes to the main game? Because it's supposed to be representing the Nord from the trailers but it misses a lot of things like the chain on the horns of the helmet and the right arm is incorrect as well because the outfit in-game shows skin of both arms while the Nord from the trailers only shows skin from is left arm, with his right arm covered in more scales and some pads. I really hope they make it beter because I was so hyped about this armor and it's a bit of a let down..

Victory or Sovngarde !
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2k for a broken costume...wouldn't even pay that for a non-broken costume, seriously look at the horn on the helmet, one of them is broken so it's worthless.

If you look at the original outfit in the film Pathfinder,the horn is broken on it as well.
  • SahrotRein
    SahrotRein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runaan wrote: »

Is 2k Crowns.
    I play an Altmer.
    I dislike Nords.

But in the end...

Capes will never be a thing. So not sure why this is an issue...
    Yes the price is a bit much considering regular costumes packs are far less in price.
    What does this have to do with anything? If youre an Altmer in the AD you can simply wait for the AD Hero Costume.
    Again.....Not sure what this has to do with anything. Its armor, not a character.
    The costume is based on the Nord Hero Armor, its not meant to be the actual armor.

You're taking each point way too seriously.

I pointed out every little detail that plays into me buying a costume for exactly no reason. On a side note, the reason why I mentioned I am an Altmer is that that's simply another reason for me not to buy Nordic costume, doesn't go well together.
    As I said "I dislike Nords" (which is most likely why I got your response) was because why would one wear costume of something/someone he hates?

"It's not meant to be the actual armor"?
    Let me quote ZOS:
    "This costume pays tribute to a legendary Nord hero of the Ebonheart Pact. Now you can honor this nameless warrior by adopting his savage appearance."

I think this pretty clearly says that it adopts HIS (and that one's only) appearance, that one legendary hero, so it's not some regular Nordic armor. It actually looks very specific with all the little details on it.

But hey, in the end I actually really like this costume.
    Edited by SahrotRein on January 29, 2016 1:23PM
    Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    I really LOVE the Nedic Perena Armor Costume - Looks AWESOME on and the other sleeveless Nedic one - try them out for a good look!

Tbh I prefer the nedic stuff over this new "Hero" armour.

Yep but it is comparable 'heaviness' but without too much weird details or looks like a superhero men in tights thing...it looks like good looking, real armor, imho.

Also, only the DW swords clip on the hippyflaps (spaulders?? Or sth?), but that even looks like it should and the textures look really good, with no barrel chest look.

:-)

Edited to add: If I could muster some actual giveadamn (exhausted forum lazing due to sick kids home) I might post some nedic screenshots. Just to show How Much Better.
    Edited by Islyn on January 29, 2016 3:07PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk why y'all are complaining here if you drop $15 on a mount then $20 so you can cosplay should be the same.

As a sells men of sorts if you spend $15 I have to at lease try $20. Rule number make them able to afford it.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think costumes should be like 2.00 USD

Mounts should be like 5.00 USD

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... come to think of it, I guess they COULD make it cost 1.900 crowns.
    It would be pretty much the same, but it wouldn't get so much rage because of the price because it would be still only 1.9k and not 2k
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO, where the costumes cost more than the DLC.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    2000 crown ? Seriously ? That's far too expensive...

Whales will be whales.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Here it is on a male Breton.

c3aead245d.jpg

Lol looks like you were on your way back from Toys-R-Us and got hit by a car.

KjZzxFO.gif
    PC-NA
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP off zos does it again
    Poorly executed desing for an insane price
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)