Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

2K for Nord Hero Armor?

Ketarmish
Ketarmish
✭✭
I think this is too damn expensive... it's almost the cost of the Imperial City DLC. Not worth buying in my opinion... i prefer to spend those 2k Crowns in at least faster bug fixes.
Edited by Ketarmish on January 28, 2016 3:49PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected it to be expensive. It is, after all, one of the three iconic outfits that the heroes in the cinematic wore.

I was hoping for 1500 crowns, though.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2000 crown ? Seriously ? That's far too expensive...
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does it at least look good? Can I have a screenshot of it (preferably on a male character).
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It hopefully will look like the pictures in the News announcements.And not just painted-on.
    Edited by Volkodav on January 28, 2016 3:21PM
  • Ketarmish
    Ketarmish
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I expected it to be expensive. It is, after all, one of the three iconic outfits that the heroes in the cinematic wore.

I agree with you, I know is the hero armor and was thinking to spend no more than 1500 crowns too... was even hoping to be less than 1500
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay but consider the price of the Bear mount (1,800) and how many people that went out & bought it LOL
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha, the helmet doesn't even work together with elvish ears. they go through it. at least on the preview. gg
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Does it at least look good? Can I have a screenshot of it (preferably on a male character).

I only have female characters, and I don't really think it looks really good on them. I imagine it looks much better on male characters, though.

Such a dilemma. It is hard to skip it knowing it is a limited time offer, but I don't know if I will ever have a character that looks good wearing it.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with you, I know is the hero armor and was thinking to spend no more than 1500 crowns too... was even hoping to be less than 1500

This will assure that everyone,no matter who,subbed or not,will have to purchase more crowns now.Well,those who havent saved them up. :)
    (meaning me)
    Edited by Volkodav on January 28, 2016 3:24PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DLC is only 500 crowns more. You can only buy 1500 or 3000 crowns. So basically you're spending £14.99 on a costume. I want to believe this is a mistake...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pics?
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's also not flattering on a female. My female, anyway :tongue:
  • Ketarmish
    Ketarmish
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

I really dont like the way it looks on my Dark Elf
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not buying it either. 2k crowns? psh... It looks meh anyway.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pics?

My female Bosmer wearing it:

WJM6bBp.png

Meet my characters:

• Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good-frakin-grief! Ofc it was gonna be more than any other costume, expected that but HOLY COW. That's basically what, a $20 costume?!!
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Okay but consider the price of the Bear mount (1,800) and how many people that went out & bought it LOL
    Yeah but at least you get to ride that SOB lolol! (actually hate the bears they make me nauseous way too wobbly)

Yep, I'm complaining but I'm sure I will still get it. Only because I get crowns though, no way I'd actually buy crowns to get it. That's just a tad too much imo. Understand its HERO armor costume but daaaamn!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some extra from ESO Plus so it was an easy decision. Bought it alongisde the Bear-Dog. Shoulder pads could be a bit bigger on the female version, but the armor as a whole still looks great. We need more unique armors.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADtmvr8.jpg
    WRTqwih.jpg
    IVWJqMu.jpg
    OB1vk68.jpg
  • Ketarmish
    Ketarmish
    ✭✭
    How do you upload an image here?
    Edited by Ketarmish on January 28, 2016 3:39PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, no matter how good you feel it looks - that much money for a costume when dlc is only 500 crowns more is unacceptable.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have to put it on a site like Imgur, copy the View Image link from there, then you can use the pic link box ^ to put it here.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pics?

WJM6bBp.png

Sorry, but that looks awful. Nothing against your character, just bad costume design that looks nothing like advertised (again). I will not be buying it.

Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on January 28, 2016 3:50PM
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I'm sorry, no matter how good you feel it looks - that much money for a costume when dlc is only 500 crowns more is unacceptable.

Have you seen the news announcement for Thieves Guild? Its 2k, so this costume is the same amount as that DLC. LOL Freakin insane!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Ketarmish
    Ketarmish
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

You have to put it on a site like Imgur, copy the View Image link from there, then you can use the pic link box ^ to put it here.

Thanks
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

Have you seen the news announcement for Thieves Guild? Its 2k, so this costume is the same amount as that DLC. LOL Freakin insane!

Are you kidding me?!?! It has to be a mistake...
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also not flattering on a female. My female, anyway :tongue:

I have 8 female characters of different body types. It doesn't look good on any of them :/
    pics?

WJM6bBp.png

Sorry, but that looks awful. Nothing against your charterer, just bad costume design that looks nothing like advertised (again). I will not be buying it.

It's okay, I agree that it looks awful. I swear my character is actually cute .-.

Meet my characters:

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here it is on a male Breton.

c3aead245d.jpg
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

Whats scary is they think the costume has the same value as the DLC which may mean the DLC really dont have a lot to it. But having them the same price doesnt make since no matter how iconic the costume is suppose to be.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pics?

WJM6bBp.png

Ewe.And just what I was hoping they wouldnt do,..no chains as in the advertised pictures.It looks awesome there,but,..wow.Not so awesome ingame.
    Oh,just an FYI.You guys know where they got the idea for this armor? From a movie called Pathfinder.It was used by Clancy Brown as the Viking leader.Right down to the one horn having a broken tip.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the AD costume but yeah 2k crowns is quite expensive 1.5k would be more reasonable of a price.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars