Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

2K for Nord Hero Armor?

• vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like the Frostmare, people complain about the price, but in a month or so there are going to be people who come here bitching and moaning about how the Nord armor isn't available anymore and when is it going to come back to the store.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats scary is they think the costume has the same value as the DLC which may mean the DLC really dont have a lot to it. But having them the same price doesnt make since no matter how iconic the costume is suppose to be.

Or, they think very highly of their costume design hahaha!
    TG actually looks pretty badasss so I'm puttin my money on their idea that since its the Armor that everyone has been asking for since release, they think its special enough to cost as much as DLC. *facepalm*

I'm sorry ZOS, you have no idea how much I and alot of others want to stick up for you, but then you do asinine stuff like this. Its been said before and I'll say it again.
    You have no idea how frustrating it is to be a consumer of your product.
    ~Joy_Division quoted for truth.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to pick it up, but holy moly, 2000 crowns is a lot for a costume that I can't customize any bit.

The clipping with this armor is pretty bad. Two-handed weapons clip through the back plate. Again, no facial fair for khajiit will show. Clipping through the thigh guards for dual wield. As other have said, ears clip through.

I know many people are waiting on the Breton hero costume, but I think this is setting a bad precedent.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does not look bad to me. People are just drama queens.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I'm sorry, no matter how good you feel it looks - that much money for a costume when dlc is only 500 crowns more is unacceptable.

Would you rather the dlc was more expensive?
    Given ZOS have to make money I'd rather they make it on optional cosmetic things rather than dlc that although also optional I really want.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

Whats scary is they think the costume has the same value as the DLC which may mean the DLC really dont have a lot to it. But having them the same price doesnt make since no matter how iconic the costume is suppose to be.

Or, they think very highly of their costume design hahaha!
    TG actually looks pretty badasss so I'm puttin my money on their idea that since its the Armor that everyone has been asking for since release, they think its special enough to cost as much as DLC. *facepalm*

I'm sorry ZOS, you have no idea how much I and alot of others want to stick up for you, but then you do asinine stuff like this. Its been said before and I'll say it again.
    You have no idea how frustrating it is to be a consumer of your product.
    ~Joy_Division quoted for truth.

One thread on here has already posted photos of it ingame,and,..not soo good.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't compare DLC to fluff add-ons like costumes and mounts. In the gaming industry, fluff is the perfect microtransaction to price high. There are no game balance concerns, it's basically both a status symbol and a cosmetic appeal. It does no actual damage to character development.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This costume is by far the most unattractive costume I've seen yet!

FFS, ZoS go watch your own video and then look at this costume and say its ok
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Male

hIR0CCK.png33eE9Tk.png

Female

yPkg2r8.pngxm9ZXWX.png

I really like how it looks ingame, especially the helmet. Don't think I will spend my crowns on this one, though, as I don't have any character I'd use it with and there are tons of new crafting styles coming with Thieves Guild.

Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Styrlaug
    Styrlaug
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm really disappointed in this. 2000 for a single outfit? It's closer in price to an expansion than the other single outfits.

Voting with my wallet on this one, ZOS, which is a shame because it's a beautiful costume and I'd love to have it. I just can't support your price mark on this. I pay for a sub, pay for mounts and pets and nearly everything else you release but this is not where I want to see you guys going.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Male

hIR0CCK.png33eE9Tk.png

Female

yPkg2r8.pngxm9ZXWX.png

I really like how it looks ingame, especially the helmet. Don't think I will spend my crowns on this one, though, as I don't have any character I'd use it with and there are tons of new crafting styles coming with Thieves Guild.

Hmmm,..I dont know.Maybe a Nord (though I wont ever take off the helmet cos Nords are so ugly),and a beard,...
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passed up on the 2.5k mount for the same reason. The most I'll even consider is 1.5k

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Don't compare DLC to fluff add-ons like costumes and mounts. In the gaming industry, fluff is the perfect microtransaction to price high. There are no game balance concerns, it's basically both a status symbol and a cosmetic appeal. It does no actual damage to character development.

This may be so, but we CAN compare to every other costume they have put out. I thought that the Breton dress was pricey at 1k crowns when most are 6-700. But still within reason. This isn't within reason. The simple fact is if they price it way higher than everything else not as many people are going to buy it, therefore they wont make as much money.

Also, if you are going to put something like this up for that much moolah than you best deliver. That means, no clipping, that shiznit better look good.

I'm not angry, just a tad surprised and frankly disappointed because it seems like a rip off. Knowing how long we have asked for these styles, they are just taking advantage of the community, imo. But whatevs some will buy, some wont. I haven't decided yet. And that blows bc I wouldn't even have to spend money on it, have the crowns. Just not sure its worth it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, no matter how good you feel it looks - that much money for a costume when dlc is only 500 crowns more is unacceptable.

Given ZOS have to make money I'd rather they make it on optional cosmetic things rather than dlc that although also optional I really want.

I'd rather the costume was cheaper actually. More people would buy it. They'd make more money.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

This may be so, but we CAN compare to every other costume they have put out. I thought that the Breton dress was pricey at 1k crowns when most are 6-700. But still within reason. This isn't within reason. The simple fact is if they price it way higher than everything else not as many people are going to buy it, therefore they wont make as much money.

Also, if you are going to put something like this up for that much moolah than you best deliver. That means, no clipping, that shiznit better look good.

I'm not angry, just a tad surprised and frankly disappointed because it seems like a rip off. Knowing how long we have asked for these styles, they are just taking advantage of the community, imo. But whatevs some will buy, some wont. I haven't decided yet. And that blows bc I wouldn't even have to spend money on it, have the crowns. Just not sure its worth it.

Oh I agree, my post just before it I stated 2000 was a lot higher than I was wanting to pay. The scarcity tactic of this costume is going to win though. That 4 day only sale makes it MUCH easier to click buy. And if ZOS is playing this right (which I have no doubt they are), it will likely not become available again. It's exactly what I'd do if I were in charge of the crown store.

I'm also not angry, just shocked. I was hoping 700 to 1000 crowns like most costumes. Like many others, 1500 (a full month of ESO Plus) was my limit. If they'd fix the clipping issues and address the khajiit hair always being removed for helmets, I'd be a little more likely to pick it up to show off some EP pride.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd rather the costume was cheaper actually. More people would buy it. They'd make more money.

Judging by the amount of people riding expensive mounts I'm not convinced of that. I wouldn't be surprised if there are lots of people wearing it this evening. Not that I would, doesn't appeal to me at any price.
    Edited by BabeestorGor on January 28, 2016 4:16PM
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »
    Does it at least look good? Can I have a screenshot of it (preferably on a male character).

Such a dilemma. It is hard to skip it knowing it is a limited time offer, but I don't know if I will ever have a character that looks good wearing it.

This is a horrible way to think. Just cause its limited time doesn't mean you need it. Plus it'll be back, the black panther mount came back, so will other stuff that's limited time.

Anyways, 2K is to much for one costume. Maybe if it could be dyed I'd have a harder time deciding. But I'm even a regular subscriber so I have crowns, just to much. This costs more then crowns you get on one month sub fee.

Anyways, I'm sure ZOS will see the stats on how many people buy this and they'll see how many people buy other costumes, maybe they'll adjust in the future if this one is a flop.
    Edited by wolfydog on January 28, 2016 4:19PM
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost 3x the price of normal costumes?
    was looking into buying it but not 2k crowns
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it at least look good? Can I have a screenshot of it (preferably on a male character).

I only have female characters, and I don't really think it looks really good on them. I imagine it looks much better on male characters, though.

Such a dilemma. It is hard to skip it knowing it is a limited time offer, but I don't know if I will ever have a character that looks good wearing it.

wait for the female AD outfit though. they will probably make that one aswell for the same overpriced price
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's a disgusting price but I'm going to buy it because I'm a idiot
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfydog wrote: »

This is a horrible way to think. Just cause its limited time doesn't mean you need it. Plus it'll be back, the black panther mount came back, so will other stuff that's limited time.

Scarcity is a very strong marketing tool. The majority of potential buyers respond to it. It prevents people from waffling. It helps absorb price shock.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Anyways, 2K is to much for one costume. Maybe if it could be dyed I'd have a harder time deciding. But I'm even a regular subscriber so I have crowns, just to much. This costs more then crowns you get on one month sub fee.

Anyways, I'm sure ZOS will see the stats on how many people buy this and they'll see how many people buy other costumes, maybe they'll adjust in the future if this one is a flop.

That's different, because console players never had access to it. It's very possible that we will NEVER see this again since everyone has a fair chance at getting it.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that you think that, but here is the thing:

I don't have a Nord or a Redguard characters because of the 8-character limit, but once they start selling character slots, I most likely will. Then, what if I get to the conclusion that the costume that would look the best on one of them is the nord costume?

What if they fix the clipping issues in the future? Or adjust the size of the midriff on the female version so it looks more flattering?

It is not a matter of needing it. I never said I might need it. It is a matter of "what if I want it in the future, but can't have it anymore"?

Besides, the two mounts that came back were the only things that came back to the crown store so far, and ZOS's reasoning was "we brought them back so that consoles would have a chance to grab them". Do I think the hero costumes will come back eventually? Yes, absolutely. But it might take a very long time.
    Edited by Abeille on January 28, 2016 4:22PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    almost 3x the price of normal costumes?
    was looking into buying it but not 2k crowns

I think they changed their price policy drastically over past couple of months. If those old costumes were coming out today, they would probably cost more too.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys do realize it's meant to be a "Bragging Rights" kind of item, right?
    it ~needs~ to be expensive.

Zeni ain't gonna charge 100 crowns for a freakin' item that was expected and asked about since launch.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not as bad as a $70 monocle. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    You guys do realize it's meant to be a "Bragging Rights" kind of item, right?
    it ~needs~ to be expensive.

Zeni ain't gonna charge 100 crowns for a freakin' item that was expected and asked about since launch.

Bragging rights for something anyone can buy? Not my idea of something to brag about.To WIN a costume,and there are a few ingame to win,..now THATs worth bragging about.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And for those who're like "oh come on 2k crowns is nothing" it's about the principle. If you want to pay about £12 for an in-game costume, go ahead, I don't care but don't be surprised when they eventually raise the prices of DLC and future costumes/mounts when they notice that a lot of players are paying that much for a costume. :lol:
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fix the game, more over priced crown store fluff.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is under any obligation to get it and it gives no ingame advantages whatsoever. Don't want it? No problem. Move along.