Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

2K for Nord Hero Armor?

• wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS is going to make items that's are limted time and never sell them again. Theres going to be new people playing the game in the coming years that might want it. Plus going from past experience in other games with shops they always bring back items for special sales like holidays or the games anniversary.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have to say i like it. but it cant compete with my imperial polymorphs :D
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanhelm wrote: »
    Nobody is under any obligation to get it and it gives no ingame advantages whatsoever. Don't want it? No problem. Move along.

They make it for us to use,and if we like it,we want to get it.They want to make money,we want to use the item.If it is too much,or the same price as an entire DLC,not a good way to make money.End of story.
    Now,move along.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is crazy expensive for a costume. I may not buy it now, will have to see how it looks in game. I will definitely pay the 2000 crowns for the AD and DC hero costumes though.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »

Ooo! What Imperial Polymorph? I've only seen the Skeleton one in the crown store.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo, not even worth 2k crowns. I hope you guys like it who wanted it really badly :)

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really LOVE the Nedic Perena Armor Costume - Looks AWESOME on and the other sleeveless Nedic one - try them out for a good look!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfydog wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »
    Does it at least look good? Can I have a screenshot of it (preferably on a male character).

Such a dilemma. It is hard to skip it knowing it is a limited time offer, but I don't know if I will ever have a character that looks good wearing it.
    Plus it'll be back, the black panther mount came back, so will other stuff that's limited time.

This is misinformation. The black panther mount was reintroduced to the store because console player never got the chance to buy it. So they brought it back for console and PC since it was highly requested.

That doesn't mean they are going to bring EVERY limited thing back. Maybe some, but not all.

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

Ooo! What Imperial Polymorph? I've only seen the Skeleton one in the crown store.

its not in the crown store, its in the tel var merchants for Imperial City in the sewer base and its very rare and completely random to get..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

its not in the crown store, its in the tel var merchants for Imperial City in the sewer base and its very rare and completely random to get..

Oh.I wont have it then,which is ok.hehe.
    I dont go there. :}
    If you can,could you maybe post us a picture?
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Skeleton's not in the crown store, but the Xivkyn polymorphs can be gotten from random boxes in the IC. Essentially buy the Imperial box (not set-locked boxes) for 3k TV stones each and open them. It's all RNG after that but you have the chance to get one of three polymorphs.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanhelm wrote: »
    Nobody is under any obligation to get it and it gives no ingame advantages whatsoever. Don't want it? No problem. Move along.

They make it for us to use,and if we like it,we want to get it.They want to make money,we want to use the item.If it is too much,or the same price as an entire DLC,not a good way to make money.End of story.
    Now,move along.

I don't dispute any of what you said, and I do apologise because I didn't realise you already knew exactly how much money they're going to make from the sale. My bad.

• TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Good-frakin-grief! Ofc it was gonna be more than any other costume, expected that but HOLY COW. That's basically what, a $20 costume?!!
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Okay but consider the price of the Bear mount (1,800) and how many people that went out & bought it LOL
    Yeah but at least you get to ride that SOB lolol! (actually hate the bears they make me nauseous way too wobbly)

Yep, I'm complaining but I'm sure I will still get it. Only because I get crowns though, no way I'd actually buy crowns to get it. That's just a tad too much imo. Understand its HERO armor costume but daaaamn!

It's actually $22.98-$24.99 since Crown Packages are set up to make you purchase more than you need. My advice to anyone here that wants the costume is purchase the $39.99 Crown Pack (5500 crowns) if you can and hold on to it until March. Get the Nord Hero costume today.

Basically this will:
    Add 5500 Crowns
    Min 2000 Crowns for the Nord Hero
    2000 Crowns for the Thieves Guild DLC

This cost you $39.99 and instead of paying $24.99 for 3000 crowns twice over the next two months you only purchase once. Save yourself $10.

To ZOS:
    It's a nice armor that makes players (like myself) remember how hyped we were for the game. You need to spend a bit more effort in making sure these costumes don't clip with weapons... Especially as a Nord wearing the Nord Hero armor.

QHnY6R0.jpg

DPBAujX.jpg

mwrdXtL.jpg
    Edited by TheValkyn on January 28, 2016 6:28PM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Don't compare DLC to fluff add-ons like costumes and mounts. In the gaming industry, fluff is the perfect microtransaction to price high. There are no game balance concerns, it's basically both a status symbol and a cosmetic appeal. It does no actual damage to character development.

If you think 20$ is a microtransaction then you are either rich or easily duped.

A true Microtransaction is less than 1$.

Angry Birds is the perfect example of this business model. One of the highest grossing games of all time and nothing is over 1$.

Its an age old dilemma that many companies deal with. Do we price high and go for the highest quality. or do we price low and go for mass volume.

In this case the quality is poor. They should have went with a high volume sales strategy.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Here it is on a male Breton.

c3aead245d.jpg

Lol looks like you were on your way back from Toys-R-Us and got hit by a car.
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha, $20 costume. Greedy much? Let's see, buy a ugly basic looking "hero" costume in ESO or a full triple A title on steam, Hard decision... I mean come on nothing about that says "Hero". It looks like whomever wore that costume may have taken an arrow to the knee and took early retirement, not was a hero.

IN MY OPINION, again only my opinion, they are trying to squeeze every dime they think they can get out of people before this game dies. People, me being one until this week, are still playing hoping and praying the game gets fixed but its more than obvious at this point all they care about are crown store items. Once again, my opinion.
    Edited by MikeB on January 28, 2016 7:15PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    I really LOVE the Nedic Perena Armor Costume - Looks AWESOME on and the other sleeveless Nedic one - try them out for a good look!

Tbh I prefer the nedic stuff over this new "Hero" armour.
  • Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any of the costumes, pets, mounts are too expensive for my taste. Not paying 20$ to ride a dumb bear or look like a nord. Nords suck
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, it looks cool. But there currently are no costumes on the crown store that go for more than 1k crowns. Even the draugr polymorph (which is more than just a costume) is only 1k crowns. This is very disappointing imho. A lot of us have been waiting for these for almost two years and now they want 20 more bucks for it?

I won't be getting this costume. The price is not worth the value it provides.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem spending 'x' amount on the 5500 crowns is that the DLC will be released with new stuff too. Probably cheaper, more sought after stuff. So if you bought the costume and the DLC you're still having to pay more for other items. 2k is just excessive for a costume. Especially when they don't fit the character.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I'm sorry, no matter how good you feel it looks - that much money for a costume when dlc is only 500 crowns more is unacceptable.

You said it. No way I'm spending that much money on a costume. Wow.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been a much easier sell if they had done the costume plus an additional character slot for 3000 crowns.
    For 9000 you get all three costumes and three new slots to roleplay them on.

Because the issue isn't so much the price, it's that with so many costumes and polys already in the game, I don't really have room for another. They also chose a bad day to show that 2000 crowns gets you the camel and dragon frog in the game pack bundle. 2000 crowns for two items I can cycle on characters, versus one I won't... I'll be spending those crowns on the mount and pet instead.
    signing off
  • Amaz1ng
    Amaz1ng
    Soul Shriven
    it looks ugly as hell lol. I would buy it and even other costumes but I don't see the appeal in any of them except the battlemage outfits (which I bought).
    Edited by Amaz1ng on January 28, 2016 7:20PM
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here, i got medium and light version
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made my decision, had to really think about it as I, like many others, have wanted this for 2 years. Not gonna waste my crowns on something that doesn't even deliver in quality. Had the quality been exceptional, though still over priced, I probably would have gotten it.

I am so very disappointed. I know that my one measly decision not to get it isn't going to effect ZOS's pricing choices but for me, its the principal.

Tis a sad day. Was wanting the doggie too since it looks the best out of all the dogs, but they couldn't even manage to do that right. Tail is broken and not being fixed til TG comes out? Meh. So much for looking forward to crown items. LOL GG ZOS.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought it, but I'll probably never wear it. Waiting for the Breton one.
    :trollin:
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here, i got medium and light version
    maxresdefault.jpg

I got the Dreadguard (Heavy). Unlike the Hero costume, these look great.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    You guys do realize it's meant to be a "Bragging Rights" kind of item, right?
    it ~needs~ to be expensive.

Zeni ain't gonna charge 100 crowns for a freakin' item that was expected and asked about since launch.

Bragging rights for something anyone can buy? Not my idea of something to brag about.To WIN a costume,and there are a few ingame to win,..now THATs worth bragging about.
    $20 isn't that much money. I spend that much when I order pizza or go to the movies.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on January 28, 2016 7:30PM
    :trollin:
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to remind people that they used to pay $15 a month for what they get for free now. Want to know how many months I've paid an ESO + membership for? Zero. I have all the DLC and extras that I want from the crown store for actually less than a subscription because I buy crowns in bulk.

TL;DR.
    If you pay a sub fee then don't disparage the people that bought a costume with bulk crown packs. They are actually showing that they know where the value is in ESO.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 reasons why I'm not buying it: 1. It looks fugly on my char
    2. 2k crowns is too *** expensive for costume!!!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!