Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everytime i see that Z symbol and find its only the bot telling others to play nice i report it with this:

reported for spamming
    the Z symbol gives people the false impression ZOS is posting relevant content in the thread.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not much more to be said about this that hasn't already been said. Either in this thread or millions of other threads about vMA.
    Tagging ZOS won't do any good, they are well aware about the complaining, and YES, they have given us their opinion on the matter:
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks, thought I would chime in here. I know that some people will be happy and some won't but we have no plans to adjust balance in Veteran Maelstrom Arena. Looking at the data, we are happy with the amount of progression that has been made as well as the nature of this aspirational content. I understand that this is not what some of you want to hear but, we are taking a look at some of the more frustrating parts of the Arena that do not affect balance.

Bugs of course are a top priority. We can take a look at these and address them to make sure they don't artificially inflate the challenge. You should see more on that in a future patch.

Things like Repair costs are something we are looking at to mitigate in particular. As for having to respec and Champion points being a big factor, that was the design behind this content. We want players to look at this and aspire to be able to beat it. It can be frustrating for sure, as is any content that is extremely difficult, but it is very rewarding when you make that turn and best the challenge.

One other thing that we are looking at, which is not planned nor on a schedule yet, is saving progress in Veteran Maelstrom. Its something we would really like to do but is not the easiest of things to accomplish so we are exploring how we could go about it design/back-end wise before we can determine the time it would need.

As I said before, I know this is not what some of you want to hear but I hope some of the things we are looking at can mitigate some of the frustrations you may have. Keep at it.

On that note, I would like to add: OP, please stop bumping this thread, there is not much more to be said.

Also, happy holidays!
    Edited by Dubhliam on December 27, 2015 9:37AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Zombiehunter7X
    only thing i see fair would be to put the costume in the normal arena as thats what most player s were looking forward to get, would defo decease the stess.
    Ps4
    EU
    Argonian dragonknight tank V16
    Ebonheart Pact
    Free WW&V bite community helper
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing i see fair would be to put the costume in the normal arena as thats what most player s were looking forward to get, would defo decease the stess.

I like the way you think, but no. Costumes are a one-time reward.

What normal Maelstrom Arena needs is a recurring reward. Nothing special, but a reason for people to do the normal version over and over again.
    I see people doing Wrothgar boss dailies up to this day just for a small chance to get a piece of a v16 set.
  • TalonShina
    TalonShina
    ✭✭✭
    I am saying this as someone who has not been in a Vet anything as ii only have 1 Vet toon and i don't play her. But I am with the ones saying DON'T NERF. so many times in the past i have seen this in games and then people complain because it's too easy. Will it likely be frustrating to me at first sure it will. Will I want to scream and curse and throw thing again probably but I will never cry for a nerf and here's why the challenge will motivate me to perfect things and try new things and find what works.

Asking for Nerfs only hurts games overall
    Talons Fury - Sorc. Tank
    Dargothic Empire : Main Guild

Be Unconventional! Make Dargothic Empire one of your five guild homes. New Guild building for a full gaming experience. Make the guild what you need. PVE/PVP groups, helping hands and MORE...It's up to you Dargothic Empire is your guild to build! C3 Voice Channel, Website: dargothicempire.shivtr.com
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having nearly all the Maelstrom weapons be best in slot weapons, while making them inaccessible to > 99% of customers is business malpractice, but I keep shoveling ZoS my money so what do I know about bidness?
  • DeeBeet
    DeeBeet
    Day 1 Ps4 player here just placing my input because I don't want the arena nerfed.

I beat the maelstrom arena with my stamina dk, magicka nb(khajit), and my magicka sorcerer. All of my armor are v15 purple but I made sure my weapons were v16 gold.
    I have used kagrenac's and magnus on my sorc to complete it the first time (8 traits max) then switched to julianos.(6 traits) I also had more or less 300 champion points when I finished it on my sorc and my nb, which is not a lot ever since the catch up mechanic.

I used hundings rage, blood spawn, kena and healthy agility on my dk and still manage to beat it. It took around 3 hours but it is very doable.

It's sad to see these people complain saying how cp reliant it is when it's not. Or how gear dependent it is, when you can do it with a decent vet 15, purple, low trait, craft able gear. And the people who bring their family/jobs in the argument is just ridiculous. Why the hell are you even playing an mmo in the first place. If you can't find a way to balance a game and your personal life, I don't think this game is for you anyway.

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can this topic just die already l2p git gud quit crying and let it die...
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points.

Many use keyboard macros and other cheats.
    9 trait gear needed.
    No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

No idea how anyone can deny the power of having addons, razer naga keyboard macros and mouse to do a lot of the work for PC players vs. consoles. Bad attempt on trolling with a image btw.

I've beaten on PS4 NA and Im not even good. Only scored 270k but 70% is mechanics and priorities 20% spawn 10 % is how much zos hates you and pulls you across the room and puts you back/stuns you right when an 3x aoe are cast. I can agree certain classes have it way easier than others but it's doable.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah VMA is so dumb. Calling it "hard" or "challenging" no it's just plain annoying
    Edited by Yamakaziing on January 4, 2018 4:34PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i disagree...im playing on pc with gamepad without any makros...basically like a console
    ..why should i get punished for playing as your supposed to? why should o get forced to using makros?
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was over 2 years old.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HOLY CRUD, forum necromancy at its very finest here.

Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of seeing a majority of these 1% players who keep posting veteran Malestrom Arena videos who have the best gear, items, maxed out champion points and the majority being sorcerers (for an much easier run). Many use keyboard macros and some use other cheats or have addons to also help do the work for them. I don't know why ZOS even uses the 1% as the epitome of the current dungeon difficulty. In reality, the majority of ESO players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena once; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons (especially on console). Just look at the leader boards or trophy % achievement. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to be set up for failure or even rage quit the game. @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert (Tagged just to hopefully get a "soon" or /lurk) @ZOS_Alex ( tagged because he enjoys giving me warnings)

@L2P_Groupies @elitist (And also tagged inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.)

Here is a quick list of reasons why Malestrom Arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.
    7. Class imbalances

Solution: Drop the current difficulty of veteran Malestrom Arena and there should be three difficulties added into the game to keep the PC players (with there unfair advantages) happy. Normal, Veteran, Hardcore. The vMA and hMA would both have a % chance at dropping the master weapons. But with hardcore Maelstrom Arena also having the higher percent chance of dropping a master item with a better trait.

People claiming that their needs to be content for solo players is fine. However, end game gear only obtained by solo gameplay should NOT be included in an MMO. This goes against the very nature of what an massively multiplayer online game is; playing and grouping with other people.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frustrations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena. And thanks for your time.

Completely get where you are coming from. Frankly the meagre reward for completing this content is no where near sufficient for the aggravation and time requirement. Thanks to asylum sanctorum I never need to attempt vma again. Thank you ZOS.
    Edited by Thannazzar on January 4, 2018 5:37PM
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should up the difficulty of normal MA, but give us the same kind of drop as we get in Asylum. Regular MA weapons from normal and Perfected MA weapons from vet.

Or a token system to simply buy the weapon you want with a random trait attached. Allow nMA to give tokens too, but a smaller amount. Perhaps have each weapon cost say 100 tokens and nMA would give 1 token per stage clear, and maybe 10 tokens per vet stage clear.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    I think they should up the difficulty of normal MA, but give us the same kind of drop as we get in Asylum. Regular MA weapons from normal and Perfected MA weapons from vet.

Or a token system to simply buy the weapon you want with a random trait attached. Allow nMA to give tokens too, but a smaller amount. Perhaps have each weapon cost say 100 tokens and nMA would give 1 token per stage clear, and maybe 10 tokens per vet stage clear.

No dude normal maelstrom is too easy there’s no way it should drop maelstrom weapons or have a chance at them
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    any tips on the 6th spider lady boss? I can't do it. Spending so much time just face planting. I'm getting it down to 30% health but then dying randomly.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done vma on my pet sorc 6 months ago and i will say this..... I was not at 600plus cp. My gear was not gold. I was not too 1percent. I died and died and died. But that perseverance and dedication I've seen it threw and because of that I feel now I can play ( and I do ) with the top players. The lessons I learned not just about myself but my character were game changing. Morphing me into a compentent 36k for chararacter. I've now beaten it in my mag dk and mag blade. I will agree it is magic character structured and there needsto be more vma's ( like 5 more diffrent kinds) but truth is it was designed to be beaten by all builds. And people that do it all the time. But that are willing to not give up and learn where enemy spawn from and be prepared for anything.
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, its not my cup of tea. I finished normal, and was really disappointed with all the asinine mechanics. I'm fine with ones that aren't random.. but the one with the archers where the plants explode... I hope that dev is no longer with ESO.

• Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    VMA is fine on console. Stamina is definitely a little harder than magic in there unless we're talking about magic dk, and sorc definitely is a cheesy way to do it but that doesn't mean it can't be done on other classes. As a PS4 NA player who mains stam, who has gotten Flawless several times, it doesn't need a nerf... vMA may need a slight buff tbh. As of now its INCREDIBLY glitchy and laggy which could be why you're struggling. I honestly haven't run it in a couple months because of the lag spikes in there (started with One Tamriel). Everyone who's beat vMA has done it without BiS gear at least once. If Flawless is what you're going for, it comes with time and practice. After your first run it definitely gets a whole lot easier.

EDIT: There are several cp 200s and I believe a cp165 who have Flawless on PS4 NA. Two of them are mag sorcs and one is a magblade. Keep trying and don't ruin content that is boring enough already.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on January 5, 2018 1:47AM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild has an achievement ranking system where completing vMA earned you top rank in the guild.

Veteran Maelstrom arena is soooo fraking easy I had to remove it from the requirements for top rank and made the Flawless achievement the requirement instead.

VMA is a noobfilter arena.
  • Sheenaz
    Sheenaz
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I finished vmsa on PS 4 EU with my Magicka Templar, Magicka Warden (that was pretty hard) and Magicka sorcerer. I don't use any special gear, because Iam not an PVE Player and don't run trials. I use crafted gear like julianos. Also Willpower or gear you can buy like necroptence, warmaiden or mother's sorrow. Sometimes i use 2 pieces Monster Set, sometimes i don't. Yes, vmsa is hard for the first times and i died a lot and got frustrated. But if you stay calm and are willing to learn the mechanics you can run it with any (!!!) Gear and believe it or not it's fun. My Boyfriend ran vmsa in completely pvp build. You can watch his Video on YouTube (channel: uppercut Dealer). No addons used or any cheating.
    Sorry for my english :) it's not my native language.
    Edited by Sheenaz on January 5, 2018 9:39AM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    My guild has an achievement ranking system where completing vMA earned you top rank in the guild.

Veteran Maelstrom arena is soooo fraking easy I had to remove it from the requirements for top rank and made the Flawless achievement the requirement instead.

VMA is a noobfilter arena.

Lololol I have flawless, can I raid your guild bank get an invite to your guild?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are not good/dedicated enough to finish vMA you hardly play content that requires the BiS weapons you get there. Sure it's nice to have that bow on your stamblade or that lit staff on your magsorc but the players who actually need those to be competitive are usually able to farm vMA. Understandably, you want the title and the weapons anyways but unfortunately wearing them is a privilege to those who didn't give up. And that's how it should be imo.

Btw are you even aware what you gotta do to obtain perfected Asylum weapons?

Edit: Oh just realized this thread was heavily necroed.
    Edited by nnargun on January 5, 2018 7:30PM
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Lol okay
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    I got to the last boss and I was spamming harness magicka to survive. Please do tell how you were able to avoid that damage. Taking all the advice I can get. I want that maelstrom axe to wipe all you in pvp with so bad. Face planted so many times. Over and over again. Is there an order you suggest using the sigil power ups in?
    Edited by Yamakaziing on January 5, 2018 8:02PM
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Or perhaps a good build to suggest. Instead of complaining about other people complaining about how hard it is?

"Need those to be competitive" that's not competitive that's obtaining an over powered weapon and wiping everybody with it while you center yourself in the zerg

I accept challenges. But there is nothing challenging about being bombarded with attacks that take 12k of your 19k health. So if there is something I am missing. Please do tell how you handled it like a "pro"
    Edited by Yamakaziing on January 5, 2018 8:07PM
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got to the last boss and I was spamming harness magicka to survive. Please do tell how you were able to avoid that damage. Taking all the advice I can get. I want that maelstrom axe to wipe all you in pvp with so bad. Face planted so many times. Over and over again. Is there an order you suggest using the sigil power ups in?

What damage exactly? What class are you playing? There are many good posts explaining every little detail of the last boss fight. I found killing the Crem Guards as fast as possible the best way to avoid their damage. Destro ulti is perfect for that if you play with a staff.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Okay what about sets tho. People telling me I should use julianos, moondancer, and Valkyn skoria. But I still have trouble surviving the one shots. That's my only problem. I'm wicked good about keeping my shields up. But I get hit once and my entire shield is gone plus 5k of my health. Also I am using magplar.