The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire and werewolf "bites" in the crown store

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really ZOS? Really? They are easy enough to get in the game. Why would anyone want to pay actual money to get them from the crown store? That's beyond ridiculous.

They are not only easy to get but cheap compared to what zos offers.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    WOW...... just ummm WOW!

Is it that hard to come up with original items and features to put into a Crown Store ZOS?

I know some newer players will purchase these, but this was just a waste of time and effort.

As it is right now about 99% of the stuff in the store either does not appeal to me or is way to high a crown cost for me to want to purchase.

It is typically called "micro-transaction", but for many items in your store it is a far cry from micro!
    Edited by NobleNerd on December 3, 2015 4:58PM
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    This is nothing.

We were basically able to Pay-For-More-Stats for a year with cash through XP scrolls and CPs. Still can, but at least its capped.

I hate B2P / F2P / P2W as much as anyone, but to complain about this is silly.
    It isn't any less silly than other things people complain about on the forums. :mrgreen:

Besides, the catch-up mechanics added and CP caps make the xp scrolls kind of moot.
    Edited by tinythinker on December 3, 2015 5:01PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... These bites are very eay to get, even for free, and the quest takes 10 minutes. So idk. Still better than bite scammers I suppose.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, you do not need to do the quest. Once you purchase either bite, you automatically are infected with either Lycanthropy or Vampirism. To reiterate what we've always said, Crown Store items are merely for convenience.

At least, make it cheap like 300 or 500 crowns.
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    I can't fathom why some people are so angered over the werewolf/vampire bites. They're extremely easy to get in-game, but going to the shrines and doing the quests can indeed be a little inconvenient. 1500 crowns certainly isn't worth it when you can spend a little bit of time to get them, but it's nice to have the option in case you're crunched for time or impatient. It's not game-breaking, or immersion breaking, really.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, you do not need to do the quest. Once you purchase either bite, you automatically are infected with either Lycanthropy or Vampirism. To reiterate what we've always said, Crown Store items are merely for convenience.

It would also be convenient to get gold tempers in the Store. Or level 50 characters. Or 100 CP.

Using convenience to justify some of the Crown Store offerings is getting old very fast. Everything and anything is convenient to someone.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    Holy crap people. So much complaining.

People that buy this crap are paying the paychecks of the devs. This is the price to pay for a subscription free model.

This is incorrect.

This is NOT the price we pay for a subscription optional model. There are many other features and items they can put into their store to increase revenue. This is just an easy lazy feature to implement.

I would be okay (as many have mentioned) with it being the disease, but skipping the quest line is a bit over the top and is a slippery slope into p2w.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to add my voice. Being able to pay to skip content, however brief it may be, is a dangerous precedent. You should not be able to skip the quest. Period.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't really care much but if the definition of convenience now includes shortcuts to avoid quests (i.e. Completing content) then has that not effectively removed any limit at all on what can be sold?

I struggle to think of one item, game state, skill, achievement or rank that could not fall under such an all encompassing description. I predict a riot....
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Swundead
    Swundead
    ✭✭
    I called this thread coming up an instant after the "bites" did in the shop :^)

Just to make clear, I don´t support them in this..
    "Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you´re useless. Alone, a finger can´t grasp, or control, or form a fist. You are nothing on your own, and everything together."

Xbox One EU
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is fine, honestly. A lot of people have done the quests already, and if someone reaaaaaaally wants to pay 15 bucks to save a half-hour of redoing the quest, then I guess they can go for it. I also don't know how this could be construed as "pay-to-win", either, given both the ease of acquiring either ability and the drawbacks associated with them. You would have to be immensely incompetent at this game to not succeed in the werewolf or vampire quest lines, and at that point getting vampirism or lycanthropy isn't going to make a difference. Call me when they start selling orbital cannon consumables that blast your enemies from the sky.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're getting awfully close to P2W here.... :-/ This and the constant Templar nerfs is drastically reducing my motivation to play....
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've no problem with this.

Its a cold hard fact that people to this day still scam people for bites regardless if the bites are given out normally a lot for free.

The group of ppl who got scammed prolly asked a lot for this.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skipping the quest is a little more than just a convenience item though as it prevents players from becoming a werewolf or vampire at low levels, unless they are skilled enough to do so. Do you really want level 3 werewolves and vampires running around Tamriel? I'm fine with the bite being permanent and allowing players to retry the quest as often as they want but completing the quest is part of the process of becoming a werewolf or vampire.

Not entirely true. I've had people do the vamp quest line at level 4.

The skill lines won't even level up anyway, literially that same guy got vamp level 2 when he hit level 43 even though he had a skill slotted the whole time.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    werewolf and vampire is free anyway i see them going for free in zone all the time or in guilds, in fact it's cheaper to buy one in game than on crown store

stop with the p2w comments
    #MOREORBS
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, once veteran ranks are removed I can easily see level 50 templates being added as well. We know they plan to add more character slots to the crown store as well. I'd say we are 6-12 months away from a F2P change where free accounts are limited to 2 character slots and do not have access to Cadwell's Silver/Gold, and Craglorn. I really hope I'm wrong but the fact that this simply isn't a convenience bite and instead grants the full skill line is very disheartening (and I was a major defender of the bite being added to the crown store for the sake of convenience).

It is a convenience bite, all it means is you don't do a 5 minute quest associated with it. But different than skipping the entire game.

Half the reason they done it is the bloody scammets, I lost 10k to a werewolf bite once, no way I'm trusting a stranger again.

Oh go get bitten by a mob to free? How about those same scammets spawn camping so you cant.
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how everyone would have reacted if the crown store Vamp bite had you perma at stage 1 since thats a main complaint I see a lot cuz ppl too lazy to keep feeding.

If the crowns store WW bite turned you into a black werewolf ppl would buy it like hot cakes.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on December 3, 2015 5:51PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've yet to figure out the impact this will have on my free werewolf bite guild. Made up entirely of people who think the bite should be free, and give it that way frequently. Would the fact that our guild offers something for free that ZOS has now officially placed monetary value on make it more valuable? More appreciated? Or does it make us obsolete?
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option will be good if done limited times like every 3-4 months would been good during holloween. Cyrodiil might look like Underworld rise of Lycans, lol.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 3, 2015 6:03PM
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh. I dislike this too, and it's a typical move to further take away something cool from the game. I'm not gonna bother complaining about it though, because if somebody random 'buys a vampire bite' from the crown store, they may not know what they're getting themselves in to ;)
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    werewolf and vampire is free anyway i see them going for free in zone all the time or in guilds, in fact it's cheaper to buy one in game than on crown store

stop with the p2w comments

Agreed.

So much salt in this thread over something that doesn't change anything.

It's convenience for those that have had a hard time obtaining one via rare PvE enemy spawns or through other means. If it's not convenient for you or you don't like it, you don't have to buy. Done. Plain and simple. Easy as that.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, that first instant kill with one hit from fire
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax please consider where you are going with this before you go any further. Sure it is possible to do the Werewolf and Vampire quests at very low levels (did them both with alts below level 10, and yes Vampire minimum scaling was Lv38 and Werewolf was Lv12) but this is indeed crossing the line. Convenience is one thing, but please note the following:

Cosmetics: Something obtained that has no effect on other players in terms of gameplay.

Pay to Win: Something you got with real life money that actually gives you a gameplay edge sooner than you should have it.

Sorry Zenimax but letting people pay to instantly become full-fledged Werewolves and Vampires is indeed Pay to Win. Until now the Crown Store has been full of only cosmetics and that has been the way to go with such a system but this is a bad move on your part and hopefully you take this path no further than you already have. Even though it may just be Werewolf and Vampire bites which are not that big of a P2W it's still a P2W and you have just lost a lot of trust from your consumer base that has admired your cosmetics only approach from the get-go. Please reconsider this decision before you lose some dedicated players due to taking a P2W route... I've had to quit too many potentially good MMORPGs already due to the whole P2W skid.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 3, 2015 6:18PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax please consider where you are going with this before you go any further. Sure it is possible to do the Werewolf and Vampire quests at very low levels (did them both with alts below level 10, and yes Vampire minimum scaling was Lv38 and Werewolf was Lv12) but this is indeed crossing the line. Convenience is one thing, but please note the following:

Cosmetics: Something obtained that has no effect on other players in terms of gameplay.

Pay to Win: Something you got with real life money that actually gives you a gameplay edge sooner than you should have it.

Sorry Zenimax but letting people pay to instantly become full-fledged Werewolves and Vampires is indeed Pay to Win. Until now the Crown Store has been full of only cosmetics and that has been the way to go with such a system but this is a bad move on your part and hopefully you take this path no further than you already have. Even though it may just be Werewolf and Vampire bites which are not that big of a P2W it's still a P2W and you have just lost a lot of trust from your consumer base that has admired your cosmetics only approach from the get-go. Please reconsider this decision before you lose some dedicated players due to taking a P2W route... I've had to quit too many potentially good MMORPGs already due to the whole P2W skid.

Oh please.

Go get vamp or ww bite ingame for free.

FREE

Also vamp/werewolf gives no advantage, infact can give you a huge disadvantage since camo/fighters guild skills will now one shot you in pvp, and lots of bosses use fire damage in pve against vamps.

Then throw in that you've still got to go level the skill line anyway.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are gong to be able to get the bite, AND skip the initiation quest entirely, with a purchase from the crown store, then why not go all the way and just give the purchaser fully leveled vamp/ww skills as well? You know, for "convenience"?

Also, how long before we can just buy Champion Points?
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭

perhaps a version of the bites that requires the player to do the quests could be added to the store at a cheaper crown cost for those who would prefer to do the quests for the lore behind them.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If their consumables are better than in game ones, this is pay to win.
    That happened ages ago, you're too late.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty soon we will not be able to find anything in-world. Stuff will become rarer and you will be forced to buy it in the crown store if you want it.

I think the crown store should be limited to stuff like DLC, clothing and mounts.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, that first instant kill with one hit from fire

doesn't happen anymore.

The damage increase is only 25% and all of it can mitigated with Champion Points alone.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    Website
    DISCORD