The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire and werewolf "bites" in the crown store

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes everyone spamming bat swarm for crowns now how nifty.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Zenimax please consider where you are going with this before you go any further. Sure it is possible to do the Werewolf and Vampire quests at very low levels (did them both with alts below level 10, and yes Vampire minimum scaling was Lv38 and Werewolf was Lv12) but this is indeed crossing the line. Convenience is one thing, but please note the following:

Cosmetics: Something obtained that has no effect on other players in terms of gameplay.

Pay to Win: Something you got with real life money that actually gives you a gameplay edge sooner than you should have it.

Sorry Zenimax but letting people pay to instantly become full-fledged Werewolves and Vampires is indeed Pay to Win. Until now the Crown Store has been full of only cosmetics and that has been the way to go with such a system but this is a bad move on your part and hopefully you take this path no further than you already have. Even though it may just be Werewolf and Vampire bites which are not that big of a P2W it's still a P2W and you have just lost a lot of trust from your consumer base that has admired your cosmetics only approach from the get-go. Please reconsider this decision before you lose some dedicated players due to taking a P2W route... I've had to quit too many potentially good MMORPGs already due to the whole P2W skid.

Oh please.

Go get vamp or ww bite ingame for free.

FREE

Also vamp/werewolf gives no advantage, infact can give you a huge disadvantage since camo/fighters guild skills will now one shot you in pvp, and lots of bosses use fire damage in pve against vamps.

Then throw in that you've still got to go level the skill line anyway.

If it was just the infection this would not be an issue, but letting you skip the quest as well is pure P2W.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    If their consumables are better than in game ones, this is pay to win.
    That happened ages ago, you're too late.

When?

Food stats are lower than ingame

Drinks stats are lower than in game

Tri pots stats are lower than in game

Soul gems are no different than dropped grand soul gems.

Anything else?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Half the reason they done it is the bloody scammets, I lost 10k to a werewolf bite once, no way I'm trusting a stranger again.

Oh go get bitten by a mob to free? How about those same scammets spawn camping so you cant.
    Yeah, I think that's the reason.
    I always offer my bites for free, and all my chars were also biten for free. But it looks like bite scamming problem exists, and these crown store bites might solve it. Though they're really overpriced, 1,5k crowns for something that costs 0-5k gold.
    That being said, I dont really care. I will continue giving away free bites and will never buy them for crowns.
    Ah yes everyone spamming bat swarm for crowns now how nifty.

More like everyone dying to dawnbreaker and not being able to do CoA. ;)
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 3, 2015 6:46PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [
    Half the reason they done it is the bloody scammets, I lost 10k to a werewolf bite once, no way I'm trusting a stranger again.

Oh go get bitten by a mob to free? How about those same scammets spawn camping so you cant.
    I always offer my bites for free, and all my chars were also biten for free. But it looks like bite scamming problem exists, and these crown store bites might solve it. Though they're really overpriced, 1,5k crowns for something that costs 0-5k gold.
    That being said, I dont really care. I will continue giving away free bites and will never buy them for crowns.

There are people combating the scamming. My guild has given over 200 bites for free, and continue to get new werewolf members each day who believe the bite should be free.

But as I said before in my earlier post, I've yet to figure out the impact this will have on my free werewolf bite guild. Would the fact that our guild offers something for free that ZOS has now officially placed monetary value on make it more valuable? More appreciated? Or does it make us obsolete?
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant the low level new vampire that has no CPs
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 3, 2015 6:52PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    [

There are people combating the scamming. My guild has given over 200 bites for free, and continue to get new werewolf members each day who believe the bite should be free.

But as I said before in my earlier post, I've yet to figure out the impact this will have on my free werewolf bite guild. Would the fact that our guild offers something for free that ZOS has now officially placed monetary value on make it more valuable? More appreciated? Or does it make us obsolete?

Can't see any impact, just offer them for free as usual?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I given over 100bites free with 2 vamp alts
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [

Indeed. Not everyone buys crowns lol
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the vampire bite earlier. Why?

Because I was grinding my vr in sewers, and thought " do I want to go through 5 loading screens and wait half an hour to do the same quest I've done on 4 alts before again"

Realised I have eso plus and a few thousand crowns doing nothing.

Paid for it, got it to level 10 in just over an hour grinding.

Convenience. Exactly what it was for
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

First of all, kudos for spreading Hircine's blessing! ;)
    I personally dont see why anyone would pay these 1.5k crowns, unless they just joined the game and want to be bitten at lvl3 (which is not a wise decision since leveling vamp, for example, requires a hefty amount of exp and at the start you only have vamp disadvantages) or refuse to interact with other players. I might be just lucky, but getting a free bite never took me more than 15 minutes.

PC/EU
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh we of course intend to continue giving the bite for free. But I've just come across another question. Since the bites are now given real money value, will ZOS find what my guild does against their terms? IE affecting sales? I'm not saying we are big enough to make that much of an impact, but could free bite guilds get disbanded? Perhaps that's a little extreme though xD

Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [

I personally dont see why anyone would pay these 1.5k crowns, unless they just joined the game and want to be bitten at lvl3 (which is not a wise decision since leveling vamp, for example, requires a hefty amount of exp and at the start you only have vamp disadvantages) or refuse to interact with other players. I might be just lucky, but getting a free bite never took me more than 15 minutes.

Problem is it's more than just the bite, it's also getting the skill line itself without doing the quest! While this isn't a big deal for higher level characters that are more than capable of doing the quests easily lower level players would have to truly work for the infliction to take full effect as the quest, at least for Vampire, would not be so easy for them.

Oh we of course intend to continue giving the bite for free. But I've just come across another question. Since the bites are now given real money value, will ZOS find what my guild does against their terms? IE affecting sales? I'm not saying we are big enough to make that much of an impact, but could free bite guilds get disbanded? Perhaps that's a little extreme though xD

No lol that would basically be like saying giving someone a free Glass Motif is a violation as well.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 3, 2015 7:02PM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are in the crown store now? waste of money, in EP you can't even arrange to bite someone half the time at least for vamps because by the time the person gets in range 3 or so people are racing to bite them.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be buying
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No lol that would basically be like saying giving someone a free Glass Motif is a violation as well.

Fair point :) Makes sense.

Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Problem is it's more than just the bite, it's also getting the skill line itself without doing the quest! While this isn't a big deal for higher level characters that are more than capable of doing the quests easily lower level players would have to truly work for the infliction to take full effect as the quest, at least for Vampire, would not be so easy for them.

Hmm... I see you point, and well, I gotta agree.
    I think the ww quest was scaled to char lvl at some point? I remember something like this when I did it on one of my lowbie wws. Though I think it was later reverted back to lvl 38+.
    Would be nice if the quest was scaled to char level and the person who bought it on crown store would be teleported to the quest location immediately (to avoid issues with getting to the altar in higher level zone). After all, these quests are a part of story and would be unfair to take them away from cash shop buyers. For the sake of immersion. ;)
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 3, 2015 7:27PM

PC/EU
  • pirate3
    pirate3
    ✭✭✭
    To reiterate what we've always said, Crown Store items are merely for convenience.

The thing about convenience is that it's a wonderfully convenient justification for just about everything. I might be frequently inconvenienced in PvP by players with better gear than me, better reflexes than me, better skills than me. Perhaps my magnanimous friends at ZOS could sell me something to expedite the resolution this tiresome disadvantage? All in the name of convenience of course.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

[/quote

Hmm... I see you point, and well, I gotta agree.
    I think the ww quest was scaled to char lvl at some point? I remember something like this when I did it on one of my lowbie wws. Though I think it was later reverted back to lvl 38+.
    Would be nice if the quest was scaled to char level and the person who bought it on crown store would be teleported to the quest location immediately (to avoid issues with getting to the altar in higher level zone). After all, these quests are a part of story and would be unfair to take them away from cash shop buyers. For the sake of immersion. ;)

Problem is there really isn't immersion. In ESO due to the O part.

"Hey you've just defeated molag Val the plane meld is over!"

Walk out of harbour age to see a dark anchor dropping and molag bal saying you'll never defeat him

"Hey you just opened the main gate to camlorn"

Watch 10 other people running around pressing the same switch

"You've just entered these dwemer ruins, no man has ever set foot in here"

See a group of 10 people run towards you that just killed the boss...

Online games like immersion.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll end of Wrothgar sounds very interesting can't wait for that one
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 3, 2015 7:40PM
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... These bites are very eay to get, even for free, and the quest takes 10 minutes. So idk. Still better than bite scammers I suppose.

They're easy to get now, but shall we place bets whether ZOS will now make it harder to get infected, as 'incentive' to buy from the store? (just as they did with drop rates for crown store items). I hate to see this game go down this path.
  • SheepdogPaladin
    SheepdogPaladin
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, you do not need to do the quest. Once you purchase either bite, you automatically are infected with either Lycanthropy or Vampirism. To reiterate what we've always said, Crown Store items are merely for convenience.

This is one of many reasons why I choose to not subscribe and why I choose to not spend one penny in the crown store. The only money your company ever got from me was the initial cost of purchasing the game, and I bought this game a couple months ago at a good discount. I will NEVER subscribe, buy DLC, or buy anything in the crown store for various reasons. It is not because I personally cannot afford to do so, for I truly can afford to pay, it is out of principle that I will never subscribe or pay more money beyond the initial cost of the game.

Before I write further, I will be honest by saying that Zenimax and Bethesda have created a wonderful MMO for the Elder Scrolls series of games. The game itself has been truly fun for me despite the numerous bugs I have been subjected to on a daily basis. I cannot believe this game does not have an auction house (no, the guild trader concept is absolutely not an auction house, not even close), but that's a topic for another forum thread.

So I can clearly see that it's all about greed and nothing else. The true sense and meaning of gaming has been defeated by greedy gaming companies that want nothing but what's in your wallet. Of course, people reading this will say, "Well, duh, all companies want to make a profit. That's how they stay in business." I understand that but to blindly make such a statement without truly understanding what I'm really trying to convey would be moronic.

Pay-To-Win has done nothing but ruin the experience of gaming. When you hand everything on a silver platter, especially to so-called newbies, you take away the special quality of real gaming that seems to have been forgotten by all gaming companies today. What is real gaming? It's when a new player and all players actually work to achieve whatever it is they want by playing the game. Whether you are a solo, casual, group, or hardcore type of player, everyone should have to work to achieve something by playing the game, and not by paying real life money to the gaming company.

I disapprove of the free-to-play and pay-to-win concepts. The reader may now be wondering, "Why did you buy this game if you disapprove of free-to-play when Elder Scrolls Online (originally subscription based only) is now Tamriel Unlimited (free-to-play)?" Because I wanted to play a new Elder Scrolls game after I loved playing Skyrim and all predecessors in the series. But I do not appreciate what Elder Scrolls Online has become with this pay-to-win mentality that greedy gaming companies have turned to.

When the now dead (take a hint Zenimax) Star Wars Galaxies originally was released, the only way you could become a Jedi was by extensively playing the game. But then somehow Sony felt that it would be better to just let everyone be a Jedi, so they changed the game drastically to the point where they lost a majority of their subscribers in a short amount of time. Additionally, I admit that it was very difficult for most players to become a Jedi originally in SWG, but they could have just made it somewhat less difficult rather than just handing Jedi to everyone on a silver platter.

Then we have Blizzard's World of Warcraft. Even Activision/Blizzard has been greedy and has abandoned the "real gaming" concept that I mentioned earlier. With one of their more recent expansions, anyone could instantly turn one of their characters to maximum level (at the time). Forget about working to achieve maximum level, just pay us and we'll hand it to you on a silver platter.

I strongly believe that one day Zenimax will offer in the crown store the ability to purchase instant Veteran Rank (or level 50 or whatever maximum level will be if they remove Veteran Ranks). Mark my words, Zenimax will eventually do it because they only care about profit, they care little to nothing about real gaming. This is really sad.

Gamers of all types, new and veteran, young and old, whoever loves real gaming should definitely voice their concerns over what modern gaming has become. And we should do it louder than ever before. What a major slap in the face this is to all gamers who believe in only playing the game to achieve something.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap this is available on the Crown store now?

You can get a bite for cheap or free in a guild. I did the quest last night at LEVEL 9!

I killed the level 39 Mammoth by circle kiting the slow beast and easily avoiding it's red attacks.

These sort of experiences are what makes a game good. Missing out of the RP side of things is not convenience ... it is flat our laziness and a grap for cash. It took maybe an hour to get this quest done and grind levels of WW in the instance. Even bugged it was easy to get one by leaving/returning instance.

I can see things like Glass motif being sold as the grind is insane and attached to potential pvp ... but bite quests? They are one of the very few community mechanics left in the game. A little bit saddened by this choice ad I hope it does not reflect the direction the cash shop is headed over time. It always starts with little things that eventually strip the entire in game experience from mmos.

As others have stated this should have only been the infection.
    Edited by Tamanous on December 3, 2015 7:59PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I would buy it for convenience if it were an account-wide unlock that I could use to swap ww/vampire on a character ad infinitum any time I like. Otherwise, its not worth it to me. I don't really like Vampire/WW most times apart from 'for laughs' or achievements. In fact the only reason my Dodge Hopper character has done the Vampire/WW lines was to unlock the achievements/colors. I'm actually curious if this is a one time change, or if it can be used to turn vampire at will or not. That will really determine if I'm interested or not, because I have enough friends I can get the bite from at any time I like. The only useful convenience this might offer is the ability to turn vampire/wolf at will. If its a one time deal I can't comprehend why anyone would pay good money for that, but hey its your cash not mine. I've given probably 50 free bites in the past couple of years, and I have many friends who have done the same so it really isn't that hard.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to confirm, you do not need to do the quest. Once you purchase either bite, you automatically are infected with either Lycanthropy or Vampirism. To reiterate what we've always said, Crown Store items are merely for convenience.

This is one of many reasons why I choose to not subscribe and why I choose to not spend one penny in the crown store. The only money your company ever got from me was the initial cost of purchasing the game, and I bought this game a couple months ago at a good discount. I will NEVER subscribe, buy DLC, or buy anything in the crown store for various reasons. It is not because I personally cannot afford to do so, for I truly can afford to pay, it is out of principle that I will never subscribe or pay more money beyond the initial cost of the game.

Before I write further, I will be honest by saying that Zenimax and Bethesda have created a wonderful MMO for the Elder Scrolls series of games. The game itself has been truly fun for me despite the numerous bugs I have been subjected to on a daily basis. I cannot believe this game does not have an auction house (no, the guild trader concept is absolutely not an auction house, not even close), but that's a topic for another forum thread.

So I can clearly see that it's all about greed and nothing else. The true sense and meaning of gaming has been defeated by greedy gaming companies that want nothing but what's in your wallet. Of course, people reading this will say, "Well, duh, all companies want to make a profit. That's how they stay in business." I understand that but to blindly make such a statement without truly understanding what I'm really trying to convey would be moronic.

Pay-To-Win has done nothing but ruin the experience of gaming. When you hand everything on a silver platter, especially to so-called newbies, you take away the special quality of real gaming that seems to have been forgotten by all gaming companies today. What is real gaming? It's when a new player and all players actually work to achieve whatever it is they want by playing the game. Whether you are a solo, casual, group, or hardcore type of player, everyone should have to work to achieve something by playing the game, and not by paying real life money to the gaming company.

I disapprove of the free-to-play and pay-to-win concepts. The reader may now be wondering, "Why did you buy this game if you disapprove of free-to-play when Elder Scrolls Online (originally subscription based only) is now Tamriel Unlimited (free-to-play)?" Because I wanted to play a new Elder Scrolls game after I loved playing Skyrim and all predecessors in the series. But I do not appreciate what Elder Scrolls Online has become with this pay-to-win mentality that greedy gaming companies have turned to.

When the now dead (take a hint Zenimax) Star Wars Galaxies originally was released, the only way you could become a Jedi was by extensively playing the game. But then somehow Sony felt that it would be better to just let everyone be a Jedi, so they changed the game drastically to the point where they lost a majority of their subscribers in a short amount of time. Additionally, I admit that it was very difficult for most players to become a Jedi originally in SWG, but they could have just made it somewhat less difficult rather than just handing Jedi to everyone on a silver platter.

Then we have Blizzard's World of Warcraft. Even Activision/Blizzard has been greedy and has abandoned the "real gaming" concept that I mentioned earlier. With one of their more recent expansions, anyone could instantly turn one of their characters to maximum level (at the time). Forget about working to achieve maximum level, just pay us and we'll hand it to you on a silver platter.

I strongly believe that one day Zenimax will offer in the crown store the ability to purchase instant Veteran Rank (or level 50 or whatever maximum level will be if they remove Veteran Ranks). Mark my words, Zenimax will eventually do it because they only care about profit, they care little to nothing about real gaming. This is really sad.

Gamers of all types, new and veteran, young and old, whoever loves real gaming should definitely voice their concerns over what modern gaming has become. And we should do it louder than ever before. What a major slap in the face this is to all gamers who believe in only playing the game to achieve something.

Well said, to be honest... that's true.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    werewolf and vampire is free anyway i see them going for free in zone all the time or in guilds, in fact it's cheaper to buy one in game than on crown store

stop with the p2w comments

Agreed.

So much salt in this thread over something that doesn't change anything.

It's convenience for those that have had a hard time obtaining one via rare PvE enemy spawns or through other means. If it's not convenient for you or you don't like it, you don't have to buy. Done. Plain and simple. Easy as that.
    I think what this confirms for me is that I will try even harder now to help stop people rushing off spending £10 of their money, when I could just give them my bites for free. I understand that some people may not want to do the quest (even if it is short), or may be too low level (although I did the ww quest at level 10 against the lv38 mobs), but the fact that some people may see this crown item, and think that getting a bite is harder than it really is, I will double my efforts in saving people money!

It used to be that I was saving people in game gold, but now this is a whole other deal.
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    Holy crap this is available on the Crown store now?

You can get a bite for cheap or free in a guild. I did the quest last night at LEVEL 9!

I killed the level 39 Mammoth by circle kiting the slow beast and easily avoiding it's red attacks.

These sort of experiences are what makes a game good. Missing out of the RP side of things is not convenience ... it is flat our laziness and a grap for cash. It took maybe an hour to get this quest done and grind levels of WW in the instance. Even bugged it was easy to get one by leaving/returning instance.

I can see things like Glass motif being sold as the grind is insane and attached to potential pvp ... but bite quests? They are one of the very few community mechanics left in the game. A little bit saddened by this choice ad I hope it does not reflect the direction the cash shop is headed over time. It always starts with little things that eventually strip the entire in game experience from mmos.

As others have stated this should have only been the infection.

I don't want to waste anyone's online time. I have a crap ton of crowns anyway with nothing to buy but XP pots. (I could care less about my mount, my glass motifs, my costume, etc).

Edited by reften on December 3, 2015 8:09PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this is merely for convenience, what else are not? Then I'd like to buy Kena set since it is merely convenience item and will save people a lot of ridiculous farming.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭

If this is merely for convenience, what else are not? Then I'd like to buy Kena set since it is merely convenience item and will save people a lot of ridiculous farming.

EXACTLY how I feel.

I would like to buy 1 convenient max skilled assault tree. Because, that would be convenient to me.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what this confirms for me is that I will try even harder now to help stop people rushing off spending £10 of their money, when I could just give them my bites for free. I understand that some people may not want to do the quest (even if it is short), or may be too low level (although I did the ww quest at level 10 against the lv38 mobs), but the fact that some people may see this crown item, and think that getting a bite is harder than it really is, I will double my efforts in saving people money!

It used to be that I was saving people in game gold, but now this is a whole other deal.

Gave you an agree on this because, well, I do.

I don't see this as p2w as others have said. I'm sure some here will/can/want to desperately try hard to prove why my opinion is wrong and I'm a horrible person for thinking otherwise, but it is what it is.

Coming into console, week one, camping Werewolf spawn points for 6 hours with a few guild members. Not really knowing when/how they spawn, what to expect or anything of the like. Nothing spawned. I decided camping a rare spawn point was something I did in my vet WoW days on my Hunter and those days are long since over. I purchased a bite for 6k gold from a player. Soon after, not wanting anyone else to go through that mess, I spread it to others in the guild that wanted it. Fastfoward a couple months later, I'm giving them away for free. Present time, players are doing the same thing.

So, like you, I'll be doing the same thing.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)