Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Upcoming siege changes in next major update

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey gang!

In the next major update we'll be adjusting damage and other effects from siege weapons. This will go in conjunction with other changes regarding repair kits and keep upgrades, but the changes noted here are specific to players effects (damage, snares, dots, etc.).

These changes are currently being tested internally and may change before they go to PTS/Live:
    • Damage across the board for all siege weapons has been increased roughly 30%, but we are considering increasing that more.
    • Snares have been normalized on all siege weapons that apply that debuff (ice treb, lightning ballista, oil catapult) to be a 50% snare, and last 6 seconds.
    • All side effects from siege weapons (snare, healing taken reduction, siege damage increase taken) are no longer purgable.
    • Oil Catapults will now also have a "Stamina damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Stamina from enemy targets.
    • Lightning Ballista will now also have a "Magicka Damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Magicka from enemy targets.
    • Ballista now turn faster and have their "scatter" variable removed, making them 100% accurate to your aimed location.
    • Scattershot now adds 20% damage taken from other siege weapons instead of 10%

Thanks for any feedback regarding these changes and again, these may or may not go up to PTS/Live exactly as stated here, but this is what we're currently testing =)

although with the lag in cyrodiil atm you wont be abl
    Hey gang!

In the next major update we'll be adjusting damage and other effects from siege weapons. This will go in conjunction with other changes regarding repair kits and keep upgrades, but the changes noted here are specific to players effects (damage, snares, dots, etc.).

These changes are currently being tested internally and may change before they go to PTS/Live:
    • Damage across the board for all siege weapons has been increased roughly 30%, but we are considering increasing that more.
    • Snares have been normalized on all siege weapons that apply that debuff (ice treb, lightning ballista, oil catapult) to be a 50% snare, and last 6 seconds.
    • All side effects from siege weapons (snare, healing taken reduction, siege damage increase taken) are no longer purgable.
    • Oil Catapults will now also have a "Stamina damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Stamina from enemy targets.
    • Lightning Ballista will now also have a "Magicka Damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Magicka from enemy targets.
    • Ballista now turn faster and have their "scatter" variable removed, making them 100% accurate to your aimed location.
    • Scattershot now adds 20% damage taken from other siege weapons instead of 10%

Thanks for any feedback regarding these changes and again, these may or may not go up to PTS/Live exactly as stated here, but this is what we're currently testing =)

With the current performance of PVP in high/locked population campaigns these changes are pointless. Fix performance so the game actually works then worry about balancing the various aspects of PVP, any change before fixing performance is merely an attempt to distract people from the fact ZO$ have failed with every attempt to fix performance so far.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day, oil pot snares, and possibly ice treb and lightning ballista snares, use to already be unpurgeable. This was a good thing for the smaller groups trying to defend against the larger groups, because those larger groups always had most of their members able to purge. It was nothing but blobs of purge bots. But those blobs got slowed down by the oils, and it was a lot harder for a zerg caught by oils catas to get by the meager defense.

Then one day, they decided to allow the snare to be purged. Thanks to that, snaring siege weapons lost their usefulness, and those zergs just laughed it off and danced over the siege that could not stop them. There are simply too many people in cyrodil running around mashing purge.

I'm glad they decided to once again make those unpurgable, a long with the other detrimental effects caused by siege weapons. It reduces the power of purge spammers, and makes special siege relevant again.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I urge you not to make any of these effects unable to be purged. This is a slippery slope! I would much rather see you guys add real risk and reward to using purge abilities.

For instance, the base skill and efficient morph of Purge should remove negative effects from the caster ONLY. None of this cheap AoE purge nonsense. The Cleanse morph can remain as-is. The Templar group purge works nicely because at least group members have to activate a synergy to receive the benefit.

This is a FAR better solution than making effects non-purgeable. If you try this and realize you have to take additional steps, that's fine, but please don't wreck purge mechanics.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DeanTheCat Pretty close, but it's more due to the structure of the ability and how it needs to apply the initial tracking ability, then check the area for how many it multiplies the damage by, then applies the damage based on that calculation and final line of sight check to apply the damage. Siege at it stands now just hits and area and does damage, and is done.

It sounds like we need more AOE damage skills that just hit and area and does damage - and is done. This appears like it may enhance performance. Its almost like... removing AOE caps? o:)
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I urge you not to make any of these effects unable to be purged. This is a slippery slope! I would much rather see you guys add real risk and reward to using purge abilities.

For instance, the base skill and efficient morph of Purge should remove negative effects from the caster ONLY. None of this cheap AoE purge nonsense. The Cleanse morph can remain as-is. The Templar group purge works nicely because at least group members have to activate a synergy to receive the benefit.

This is a FAR better solution than making effects non-purgeable. If you try this and realize you have to take additional steps, that's fine, but please don't wreck purge mechanics.

I always felt purge should have had an offensive morph, to purge off buffs on enemies like Rapids, HoTs, Empower, etc. While the other morph was a self purge on yourself.

However, in another thread that I can't find @Manoekin was against it being a self purge only. Manoekin, what was your reasoning behind not liking the self purge only?

Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    @DeanTheCat Pretty close, but it's more due to the structure of the ability and how it needs to apply the initial tracking ability, then check the area for how many it multiplies the damage by, then applies the damage based on that calculation and final line of sight check to apply the damage. Siege at it stands now just hits and area and does damage, and is done.

It sounds like we need more AOE damage skills that just hit and area and does damage - and is done. This appears like it may enhance performance. Its almost like... removing AOE caps? o:)

meh, wouldn that be boring as hell?

is there even a ground aoe dmg skill that just does dmg - done?

any skill i know is either a dot or has additional effects
    Edited by BuggeX on December 16, 2015 4:40PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted this back in May, and since then I have stood bloody vindicated and proven correct with the current zerg state of the game today!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172354/nothing-will-ever-change-and-lag-will-persist-in-cyrodiil-as-long-as-siege-dots-are-purgable/p1

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I plead to you, for everything it is worth, if you don't do another single thing with the next update, these Un-Purgable Siege effects MUST STAND! You got this right this time! Don't cave on this! I beg you! Nerfing the Purge skill itself is not enough, Siege can't be a zerg buster and a viable defense tool as long as its effects and Dots can be removed for a cheap cost...no one runs out of magic with the champion system anymore and you can Purge pretty much forever....This is the way forward.

Right now it is IMPOSSIBLE to defend any keep or outpost in this game unless you have an equal sized zerg..high ground, superior defensive positioning, etc...none of that matters in the game right now, just pop Rapids, Rotate Barrier, charge the Breech with Proxy Dets and whatever AOE you have and bathe in siege and oils and roll stomp everything...keeps are too easy to take and concentrated siege fire from 4-5 Fire Ballsitas right into the middle of these ball groups don't even make a dent!

The only way to change this current stacking meta is with siege, you can't do it with player based skills, as Proxy Det proved, the only way to fight outnumbered groups or delay keep sieges is by fighting them in chokes or high ground tactical positions of advantage with siege that actually capable of killing them.

This needs to come to pass, back in the days of Wabbajack, Doawnbreaker, etc standing in Flaming Oils got you wrecked, there was no standing in it just spamming Purge, you stayed out of those circles or you died, and the game needs to return to that...its no secret that as siege became less and less effective, lag and lag for worse in direct correlation....Folks remember the Brandon zergs and other zergs getting wrecked with oils and siege chokes and the like..there was a bit more strategy back then...

Ball groups should not be the prevailing and only meta and they should be counter able with siege and these changes is a huge step in the right direction and paving the future of what this game was intended to be which is an AvAvA game with multiple strategies with zerging being 1 of many and sieging and oiling the zerg being another...i think the prospect of having to open multiple breeches to take a keep and siege being something to be feared and it being effective is great for the future of this game!
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back in the day, oil pot snares, and possibly ice treb and lightning ballista snares, use to already be unpurgeable. This was a good thing for the smaller groups trying to defend against the larger groups, because those larger groups always had most of their members able to purge. It was nothing but blobs of purge bots. But those blobs got slowed down by the oils, and it was a lot harder for a zerg caught by oils catas to get by the meager defense.

Then one day, they decided to allow the snare to be purged. Thanks to that, snaring siege weapons lost their usefulness, and those zergs just laughed it off and danced over the siege that could not stop them. There are simply too many people in cyrodil running around mashing purge.

I'm glad they decided to once again make those unpurgable, a long with the other detrimental effects caused by siege weapons. It reduces the power of purge spammers, and makes special siege relevant again.

Pretty much this right there. Well said!

I posted this back in May, and since then I have stood bloody vindicated and proven correct with the current zerg state of the game today!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172354/nothing-will-ever-change-and-lag-will-persist-in-cyrodiil-as-long-as-siege-dots-are-purgable/p1

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I plead to you, for everything it is worth, if you don't do another single thing with the next update, these Un-Purgable Siege effects MUST STAND! You got this right this time! Don't cave on this! I beg you! Nerfing the Purge skill itself is not enough, Siege can't be a zerg buster and a viable defense tool as long as its effects and Dots can be removed for a cheap cost...no one runs out of magic with the champion system anymore and you can Purge pretty much forever....This is the way forward.

Right now it is IMPOSSIBLE to defend any keep or outpost in this game unless you have an equal sized zerg..high ground, superior defensive positioning, etc...none of that matters in the game right now, just pop Rapids, Rotate Barrier, charge the Breech with Proxy Dets and whatever AOE you have and bathe in siege and oils and roll stomp everything...keeps are too easy to take and concentrated siege fire from 4-5 Fire Ballsitas right into the middle of these ball groups don't even make a dent!

The only way to change this current stacking meta is with siege, you can't do it with player based skills, as Proxy Det proved, the only way to fight outnumbered groups or delay keep sieges is by fighting them in chokes or high ground tactical positions of advantage with siege that actually capable of killing them.

This needs to come to pass, back in the days of Wabbajack, Doawnbreaker, etc standing in Flaming Oils got you wrecked, there was no standing in it just spamming Purge, you stayed out of those circles or you died, and the game needs to return to that...its no secret that as siege became less and less effective, lag and lag for worse in direct correlation....Folks remember the Brandon zergs and other zergs getting wrecked with oils and siege chokes and the like..there was a bit more strategy back then...

Ball groups should not be the prevailing and only meta and they should be counter able with siege and these changes is a huge step in the right direction and paving the future of what this game was intended to be which is an AvAvA game with multiple strategies with zerging being 1 of many and sieging and oiling the zerg being another...i think the prospect of having to open multiple breeches to take a keep and siege being something to be feared and it being effective is great for the future of this game!

As much as I would like to agree about what you've said, you got plenty of valid and fair points, but in my opinion, the actual siege damage is perfectly fine. I can see it when my siege is actually working *through all the lag* and I get a lucky shot on multiple enemies, if they don't pop a barrier, I'll see their health going down by 25% at least, then if I charge with Corrosive Armor and Steel Tornado for a while, I usually get a few kills.

This being said, I don't think sieges need a damage buffs. What we need the most is a way to spread out those groups to help the server performances by alleviating calculations. This way, defenders will have a better time to deal with the large ball groups and won't get as many frustrating issues such as unresponsive cc breaks, long weapon swaps and dodge rolls out of snares and finally, less rubberbanding & deaths to fall damage.

Sieges need more utility, not more damage.

This won't be enough though. In a perfect world, I would see the purging system revamped aswell. Purges should have never been available to all classes. This was a huge mistake. Purges should be a templar ability only. Otherwise, it makes dots and other useful debuffs totally useless.

If you are going to keep purge in the alliance war, at least change it into an area of effect that self purge &/or heal the caster only. Then add a synergy to make it less casual for blob groups to simply stack on the crown and be immune to all kinds of debuffs. This will also make negate magic more useful again. Making purge available to all classes while purging everyone in a 12 meters radius was a huge mistake. It is the best way to encouraging stacking and blobbing.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 16, 2015 8:24PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Making purge available to all classes while purging everyone in a 12 meters radius was a huge mistake. It is the best way to encouraging stacking and blobbing.

and, perhaps, adding a boatload of calculations for removing applied effects which the server needs to process for all people in a small area?

....hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm @ZOS_BrianWheeler mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Edited by Morozov on December 16, 2015 9:29PM
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
    Options
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    This won't be enough though. In a perfect world, I would see the purging system revamped aswell. Purges should have never been available to all classes. This was a huge mistake. Purges should be a templar ability only. Otherwise, it makes dots and other useful debuffs totally useless.

The argument could be made that in the ESO MMO environment at least, allowing every class to do everything has resulted in a big, muddled mess. It sounds great in theory, but the reality has turned into a nightmare.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the damage needs to be increased, just the effects non purgeable is enough. Snares, heal debuffs, etc would be enough the damge itself is probably ok
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to purge meatbag? Let the elder sieges online commence

GOOD!!!

This means zergs will not be able to instantly purge themselves and continue to run rough-shod all over the entire game.

I anyone is crying about these changes then they are a no good AOE spamming zerger.

Sick of this garbage.
    Options
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, the DOT on Flame Trebs and Flame Ballista can still be purged....for now.

Healdebufs NEEDS to be cleanseable otherwise you've litteraly killed every medium sized group in the game.

GOOD!!!

No more indestructible groups who sit there spamming purge and heals... might reduce some server lag too since spamming purge will have no effect. This is an EXCELLENT change.
    Options
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How quickly people forget.

These same people in here pioneering their way into a new ESO would rage at me and my guild for exploiting siege mechanics and shields when siege was the way.

The top players always will find a way, bads will still be bads.
    Edited by WRX on December 17, 2015 6:13AM
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope siege is not the catch-all solution to AOE caps. Wrobel made a thread and were no closer to finding a solution or understanding the issue behind it all today. Siege alone will not solve whats going on in cyro - it should be a supplemental tool anyway.

If this isnt sorted by thieves guild - probably will be a nasty blow to this game and cyro.
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope siege is not the catch-all solution to AOE caps. Wrobel made a thread and were no closer to finding a solution or understanding the issue behind it all today. Siege alone will not solve whats going on in cyro - it should be a supplemental tool anyway.

If this isnt sorted by thieves guild - probably will be a nasty blow to this game and cyro.

Agreed completely -- IC quickly into Orsinium was great for the game because it added quite a bit of content very quickly. However, it fixed exactly zero issues and caused more problems for PvP. Thieves guild DLC needs a strong PvP balance component.
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

I always felt purge should have had an offensive morph, to purge off buffs on enemies like Rapids, HoTs, Empower, etc. While the other morph was a self purge on yourself.

However, in another thread that I can't find @Manoekin was against it being a self purge only. Manoekin, what was your reasoning behind not liking the self purge only?

My only problem I agree with is Efficient Purge. I just would rather see it morphed into something else that has the full cost of the purge skill. Self use for the efficient morph only wouldn't be bad though. In order to use Cleanse frequently enough you have to sacrifice in other areas because it costs so much. Anyone that's seen me can say I don't even bother with offensive abilities, or I hit like a wet noodle. I've built my character around Cleanse and having loads of regen. I'll never be able to kill anyone, but I'll never run out of Magicka. If spamming of purge is a problem why not make it a choice?
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Psilent wrote: »

My only problem I agree with is Efficient Purge. I just would rather see it morphed into something else that has the full cost of the purge skill. Self use for the efficient morph only wouldn't be bad though. In order to use Cleanse frequently enough you have to sacrifice in other areas because it costs so much. Anyone that's seen me can say I don't even bother with offensive abilities, or I hit like a wet noodle. I've built my character around Cleanse and having loads of regen. I'll never be able to kill anyone, but I'll never run out of Magicka. If spamming of purge is a problem why not make it a choice?

I have always said that cleanse should be the morph to purge yourself and others and the cost associated with it fits perfectly along with the heal it can provide. Then the efficient purge should just be the low cost it is now and for yourself only. This allows for larger groups to keep their AoE purge and still gives solo/small groups a viable self purge that doesn't cost too much to use.

Currently efficient purge nullifies any sort of debuff against a moderate to large size group because it can be spammed almost infinitely with no real resource loss.

Edited by hammayolettuce on December 17, 2015 3:33PM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now so pumped about lightning seige.

I am going to lightning seige the crap out of every ball group I see. Especially the ones using proxy det.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler will lightning seige be affected by the Sorcerer disintegration passive?
    Edited by Cathexis on December 17, 2015 3:37PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Agreed completely -- IC quickly into Orsinium was great for the game because it added quite a bit of content very quickly. However, it fixed exactly zero issues and caused more problems for PvP. Thieves guild DLC needs a strong PvP balance component.

DHpArh8.png

@Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DHpArh8.png

LOL get rekt @Fengrush
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DHpArh8.png

LOL get rekt @Fengrush

This is what gets posted in my stream after getting 1 shot by a 14.2k surprise attack while Im at full health after zoning into sewers. Thanks for the -5k hp and x2 damage occuring 50/50 upon zoning since imperial city.. :'(
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DHpArh8.png

LOL get rekt @Fengrush

This is what gets posted in my stream after getting 1 shot by a 14.2k surprise attack while Im at full health after zoning into sewers. Thanks for the -5k hp and x2 damage occuring 50/50 upon zoning since imperial city.. :'(

I think you need a relog macro Lord.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DHpArh8.png

LOL get rekt @Fengrush

I think you need a relog macro Lord.

^^
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I experienced the battle spirit buff bug recently for the first time. Did not notice it and was going to help defend roe farm because DC. Then *** 26k wrecking blow out of stealth.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there was a Little area between nikel and brindle where you lose the Spirit buff.
    under some case you never got it back until you leave cyro and rejoin.
    well dont know if it was fixed :)
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's really annoying to Tele to a keep and be all alone and walk outside and there they are. Set up sieges and fire away but look! No one is injured in the slightest. The level twenty templar healed everyone!

I would like these changes, esp if dots are purgeable and snares could be removed by retreating maneuvers instead of purge. Meaning purge wouldn't double for rapid, wrt to the snare effect. zos developed the alliance war skill lines; I want them to remain useful during the alliance war.

Also wanted to mention: Before I felt no incentive to buy lightning ballistas, now I would.

I also feel like if planning to defend a keep with fewer people, then higher mobility is required to be effective which translates to higher difficulty being targeted, whereas siegers are pretty stationary. Easier targets.

On an open battlefield - that is, well outside of a keep - Worries over zerg train minus a few siegers are wellfounded (imo), but small groups shouldn't try tackling a much larger group head-on expecting perfect victory without extremely specific tactics obediently applied with the aid of more than one stroke of luck, anyway. In this instance the use of scouts coupled with spontaneous formation of surprise kill zones/aoe traps could work wonders for a smaller group.

Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian - love these changes, siege needed a mix-up. Add'l ideas:

1. Can sieges be programmed to offer different stats based on if you're defending or taking a keep? I'd love to see defenders get a damage or other buff.

2. Can offensive sieges be made easier to take down? I'm tired of keeps being SO EASY to take. If the offense army gets up five guarded sieges, the wall is coming down. And they can place those sieges smack dab three feet from the wall. Wtf?? If I've got three fire sieges pummeling a siege below, IT SHOULD DIE FAST AND HORRIBLY. If offensive sieges are easier to destroy, teams will need to start employing some strategy past zerging (like for one, not setting a trebuchet up within ballista range.)

Both of these ideas concentrate on making the keep/asset defense game better. I like guarding keeps, farms, etc. It's fun to kill people trying it. But asset capture is so stinking easy that the game has become revolving zergs...take sejanus, lose sejanus, take sejanus, lose sejanus, fail to take sejanus...omg, variety! The pattern has been disrupted! Oh wait, no it hasn't...take sejanus on second attempt, lose sejanus, take sejanus, lose sejanus...
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goodness @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    The way the combat system is implemented is too inconsistent. Please stick to your guns. I mean it.

First, you're making a change of a core mechanic whereby siege DoTs and soft CCs are incurable. This is NOT the way to go as this will only dumb the game down even further with all the latest nerfs (and as others have stated, Elder Sieges Online). PvP in this game is the element that flourishes the brightest and making that change will only dampen its appeals.
    Secondly, (rather off-topic but bear with me as I get to my point) we've been hearing loads of WB cries and some are actually legitimate concerns where it is not interruptible. I thought all abilities with cast and channel time have always been able to be interrupted but apparently WB is an exception to that. Why is that so?

That being said, from all that has happened, I honestly think @ZOS has ran away from its principle core game mechanics and that proves to be very much inconsistent in the Dev's part. Again, please stick to your guns.

However, I applaud on all the other ideas you brought forth on sieges. Those are some interesting ideas indeed. My utmost and sincere opinion is that siege weapons' weapon damage (WD) should be the only thing buffed. Buff it up by 3x or 4x or whatever multiplier I don't mind (or maybe even close-to-one-shot kills, not kidding). The lethality of the tremendous increase in siege WD should be slightly offset by making the red dials appear much earlier than how it is now so as to warn players of the incoming projectile. And to prevent players from using sieges as means of 1v1, the starting range of the siege should be further than how it is as of now. Those are just my takes on this. I'm not asking for my suggestions to be implemented at all but I'm offering everyone here a piece of idea that could be tweaked to suit the optimal solution to siege weapons.

Overwhelming damage upfront, high DoTs and strong soft CCs (curable by the way) are what's going to help disperse zergballs but I'm not too sure about the Magicka and Stamina reduction mechanics though I'm more than open to try it out and see how it goes. It's got a good vibe to it too! :)

I believe in you and the Dev team's ability to make this game great. Please reconsider, brainstorm and make the right decisions for the interests of your customers. Us players. All these nerfs need to stop. All the game needs are buffs and more buffs.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on December 25, 2015 7:45PM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • Darkius
    Darkius
    Can't wait to test this. So many people QQing as usual before even trying.

I say BRING IT! Death to the zergs, and hopefully it will separate ball groups just enough so that it improves performance a bit.

Thanks for explaining the whole radius check on ESO Live Mr. Wheeler, you may need to explain that again and again for all the hard of hearing here.

Don't worry, most normal players see the hard work you put in and are grateful for these changes.

PLEASE KEEP COMMUNICATING LIKE YOU JUST HAVE. You have just riled up the whole community in one single ESO live. Keep it up team!
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."
    Sun Tzu
    Options