Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Upcoming siege changes in next major update

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    So @ZOS_BrianWheeler:

Now that you guys have announced the Thieves Guild DLC release date, any ETA on telling us what Eric plans on doing with Purge (and other abilities)?
    Seems only in patchnotes.
  • WarLord2905
    WarLord2905
    ✭✭✭
    IMO this change will be good. Siege isnt used enough against players ATM but mainly used for knocking down walls. A well planned counter siege by a group of 6 - 8 players defending a fort can wipe most zergs, problem is that too many people prefer to jump into a zerg and battle through it one on one then complain about zerging when they get dropped. I personally don't think siege is used enough and this will change that. I have played in groups that have awesome strategy when it comes to seige defense and offense at its really fun, 6 man AD team wiping 24 Blueberries (DC) 6-7 times at Nickel Outpost = Good times and awesome AP LOL.
    NA Server XBOX 1
    BAWS Order Of Wolves
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These ham fisted changes are only going to slow down keep takes with an active resistance. Which causes the number of players to pile up since they follow the swords.

More spread objectives that matter is about the only thing that will cause the population to stop flocking to the most obvious 2-3 objectives.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler any word on making IC districts capturable?
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Alorier
      Alorier
      ✭✭✭✭
      Well that's killed PvP for me then what new games are coming out to replace this
    2. Talcyndl
      Talcyndl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Purge:
      Reduced the amount of targets this ability and its morphs affect to a maximum of 6 targets, previously 20 targets.
      Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 18 meters from 12 meters.
      This ability and its morphs now only affect your group, instead of any friendly nearby ally.

You guys (or at least Wrobel) don't have a clue.

Does anyone think this will do anything to weaken the Blob groups? You might as well have saved yourselves the time of implementing all the siege changes.
      Tal'gro Bol
      PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
      http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    3. Talcyndl
      Talcyndl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      And almost as bad:
      Steel Tornado (Whirlwind morph): Decreased the radius of this morph to 9 meters on all Ranks from 11/11.5/12/12.5 meters on Ranks I/II/III/IV. This morph now gains slightly more damage as it ranks up.

A tiny decrease in radius with a damage INCREASE. What possible justification is there to increase the damage on this skill?
      Tal'gro Bol
    4. ZOS_BrianWheeler
      ZOS_BrianWheeler
      PvP & Combat Lead
      Capturable districts are something we are actively working on and hoping to get into a major patch soon (not Thieves guild obviously).
      Wheeler
      ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
      Staff Post
    5. Glory
      Glory
      Class Representative
      @ZOS_BrianWheeler I know this is the wrong thread (although it's been a wild ride!), but you're still going to implement the removal of campaign restrictions by faction soon right?

My EP/DC/AD characters all like to PvP, and I can't even home the EP on anything :(
      mDK will rise again.
      Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    6. Niaver
      Niaver
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_BrianWheeler Thank you for your response.
      Capturable districts are something we are actively working on and hoping to get into a major patch soon (not Thieves guild obviously).

So... We have to wait at least for Dark Brotherhood?
      PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
      Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
    7. ZOS_BrianWheeler
      ZOS_BrianWheeler
      PvP & Combat Lead
      @ebethke_ESO Those changes for campaigns with alliance restrictions being removed is in for Thieves Guild.
      Wheeler
      Staff Post
    8. Glory
      Glory
      Class Representative
      @ebethke_ESO Those changes for campaigns with alliance restrictions being removed is in for Thieves Guild.

You da bomb
      mDK will rise again.
      Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    9. Cody
      Cody
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      good, it will help deal with the blobs of lag.
    10. Weberda
      Weberda
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn't this make it into the patch notes?
      Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
      Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    11. Sallington
      Sallington
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Weberda wrote: »

Because PvP always comes second :(

Third if you count the cash store I guess.
      Daggerfall Covenant
      Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
      Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
      Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
      Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    12. Weberda
      Weberda
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I honestly think that they look at certain changes and say "well, we're not sure if this will work soooo let's not publicize it just in case....".
      Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
      Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    13. Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ebethke_ESO Those changes for campaigns with alliance restrictions being removed is in for Thieves Guild.
      Presumably it's not in the patch notes because it's not in this build of the PTS. This PTS is also missing "access to any alliance upon reaching Veteran Rank 1", which is another of the major features of this base game update.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    14. Darlgon
      Darlgon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thats a Gina question anyway.

Power level to CP160 in a week:
      Where is the end game? You just played it.
      Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
      Where is new content? Sigh.
    15. ZOS_BrianWheeler
      ZOS_BrianWheeler
      PvP & Combat Lead
      It didn't make it in the patch notes for PTS because plain and simple, I forgot to include it. Sorry about that gang but the feature is in there and will be patch noted for Live.
      Wheeler
      Staff Post
    16. DEPRE5SED
      DEPRE5SED
      ✭✭
      bowmanz607 wrote: »
      Anyone who likes this idea doesnt like pvp. Sitting on a siege weapon left clicking hoping to grab a kill.

Boring.

this game was advertised as huge siege warfare.

It was also advertised to handle hundreds of players on the screen at once, it dosent.

Because "megaserver" it's worked wonders...
    17. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Talcyndl wrote: »
      And almost as bad:
      Steel Tornado (Whirlwind morph): Decreased the radius of this morph to 9 meters on all Ranks from 11/11.5/12/12.5 meters on Ranks I/II/III/IV. This morph now gains slightly more damage as it ranks up.

A tiny decrease in radius with a damage INCREASE. What possible justification is there to increase the damage on this skill?

You realize this actually cuts the Sq. meter area covered by Steel Tornado in half?
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. Leandor
        Leandor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        @ZOS_BrianWheeler
        Sorry if this is a repeat question but I didn't find it, but what about purgeability of side effects of siege? That was the best part of your proposed changes..
      2. olsborg
        olsborg
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I wish siege wasnt purgeable post patch.

PC EU
        PvP only
      3. Darlgon
        Darlgon
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        It didn't make it in the patch notes for PTS because plain and simple, I forgot to include it. Sorry about that gang but the feature is in there and will be patch noted for Live.

Its more fun to imagine Gina opening the door to your dungeon room and slapping you, with her legal sized yellow page notepad, asking, "Where is this?"
        Edited by Darlgon on February 6, 2016 12:57PM
        Power level to CP160 in a week:
        Where is the end game? You just played it.
        Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
        Where is new content? Sigh.
      4. SirDopey
        SirDopey
        ✭✭✭✭✭

So, does this mean ZOS has no intention of making any changes on the PTS, given your statement implies there will be no new/updated notes before live????
        NA PC | AD
        xx Doc Holliday xx
      5. Turelus
        Turelus
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        SirDopey wrote: »

So, does this mean ZOS has no intention of making any changes on the PTS, given your statement implies there will be no new/updated notes before live????

I think that's twisting and added other meanings to his words.

If ZOS makes changes, they will still be in the final patch notes but modified, if they don't then sure they'd go in as they are.
        @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
        "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
      6. ZOS_BrianWheeler
        ZOS_BrianWheeler
        PvP & Combat Lead
        @SirDopey it means they weren't in the patch notes for PTS when we first did them, but the note will be in for Live. It does not mean we won't make any changes between PTS and Live.
        Wheeler
        Staff Post
      7. AGrz5585
        AGrz5585
        ✭✭✭
        @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I know this topic is about seige changes, but you seem to be most vocal in here so this is my question.

Where are the updated v16 pvp sets? They're not in the pvp vendor. Are they just from rewards for the worthy? And could we know which sets got updated?

Thanks in advance
      8. Preyfar
        Preyfar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        AGrz5585 wrote: »
        @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I know this topic is about seige changes, but you seem to be most vocal in here so this is my question.

Where are the updated v16 pvp sets? They're not in the pvp vendor. Are they just from rewards for the worthy? And could we know which sets got updated?

Thanks in advance
        It depends on what they mean by "updated". The VR16 Affliction set went from about 2.9K disease damage to about 3.4K on PTS, so that could be what they mean. Still not really a desirable set since it's both Magicka and Stamina, but...
        Edited by Preyfar on February 8, 2016 5:17PM
      9. Talcyndl
        Talcyndl
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Dyride wrote: »
        You realize this actually cuts the Sq. meter area covered by Steel Tornado in half?

The power of squaring.

But the damage isn't done to the area of ground. It is done to individual enemy players. Those players if they fall within the radius, take full damage. The groups will still be able to reliably hit any player they run over with multiple steel tornadoes - now dealing more damage per hit. I think overall this ends up being a buff of steel tornado as it is used by Blobs against enemy players.
        Tal'gro Bol
      10. EdmundTowers
        EdmundTowers
        ✭✭✭
        Welcome to elder sieges online. Siege weapons OP. I think a lot of people will complain but that should be fine since we all have access to seiges.
        Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
        Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar