Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vatana wrote: »
    Me and my husband play this game from the early access. We have been subscribing the game since then just to support the game we like and the effort of staff being spent to improve it.

We play together (20 % party exp bonus) with ESO PLUS (10% exp bonus) with Rings of mara (20% exp bonus) and with exp potions/ scrolls (50% bonus). We both have 4 VR16 characters with undaunted guild max and in Cadwell gold,2 of them with PvP rank 1 5+. My sum of /played of these 4 characters is 123 days.
    Right now I have 532 CP and my husband has 650 CP. As CP cap is going to be 501 CP, there is no progression for us for several next months and we will not have access to part of our CP.

Can anyone explain me why are we going to be punished for supporting and playing this game because someone, who started playing it year and a half later cries to have disadvantage?

We were given ESO PLUS exp bonus and crowns for exp potions just to get spittled into face by a CP cap? That must be a joke!

Is like if you were punished for being in work and working too much and too well.

I was billed for my ESO PLUS membership for few next months just day before Pach notes for Orsinium went out. Now I want my money back, as I will not be able to use my progress made on my account or progress any further.

There are a lot of players above 500 CP and I believe many of them feel the same as I do and many of them are, or used to be ESO PLUS members. I do not care about messy statistics which proves nothing of the reality ingame. If you want real numbers, look at the active guilds (both pvp and pve oriented) which keeps only active members and make a statistics of them.

You really think getting another 0.1% of some CP passive is "progression"?

And you sound like a whining 8 year old stamping your foot and demanding your money back.

You paid for your CPs that you love so much, and Zeni gave them to you.

If you are suddenly not liking what they're doing, then vote with your wallet and cancel your sub. Don't post some ridiculously bratty drivel on the forum.

You want to talk reality? Your money is less than that of the actual reality of folks playing the game.
    Edited by k2blader on October 7, 2015 11:34PM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    maxjapank wrote: »
    if you are talking about this one, 70% is not at all correct 55% are for it, 16 kinda for it, and 28 are against it, stop inflating your number its factually false.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/202649/do-you-agree-with-the-zos-putting-a-cap-on-champion-points-per-dlc/p1

No. It is 71%. The 16% support the cap, but want to be able to earn CP even though they can't spend it. You could do a separate poll and word the question differently. But as it was, those 16% do support the cap.

kinda... support. kinda
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel 501 is a tad low, given that it will happen in one month. But its better then nothing. Altho the scaling will hurt pretty bad, since those at 1k already is at a huge advantage if everything over 500 takes alot more xp per cp. Its not exactly a catchup mechanic now is it..

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

kinda... support. kinda

Thank you. Glad you recognized the word "support."

Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a mix of every type of player, every attitude, every feeling. Now put aside yourself look at all of this then pretend your ZOS and make a decision.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Vatana wrote: »
    Me and my husband play this game from the early access. We have been subscribing the game since then just to support the game we like and the effort of staff being spent to improve it.

We play together (20 % party exp bonus) with ESO PLUS (10% exp bonus) with Rings of mara (20% exp bonus) and with exp potions/ scrolls (50% bonus). We both have 4 VR16 characters with undaunted guild max and in Cadwell gold,2 of them with PvP rank 1 5+. My sum of /played of these 4 characters is 123 days.
    Right now I have 532 CP and my husband has 650 CP. As CP cap is going to be 501 CP, there is no progression for us for several next months and we will not have access to part of our CP.

Can anyone explain me why are we going to be punished for supporting and playing this game because someone, who started playing it year and a half later cries to have disadvantage?

We were given ESO PLUS exp bonus and crowns for exp potions just to get spittled into face by a CP cap? That must be a joke!

Is like if you were punished for being in work and working too much and too well.

I was billed for my ESO PLUS membership for few next months just day before Pach notes for Orsinium went out. Now I want my money back, as I will not be able to use my progress made on my account or progress any further.

There are a lot of players above 500 CP and I believe many of them feel the same as I do and many of them are, or used to be ESO PLUS members. I do not care about messy statistics which proves nothing of the reality ingame. If you want real numbers, look at the active guilds (both pvp and pve oriented) which keeps only active members and make a statistics of them.

I hear what you are saying. I was also "screwed" when they introduced the CP system because I had completed every single quest in the game. So I watched guildmates, who had previously grinded to v14, go on to finish Cadwell silver and gold earning tons of CP along the way. What was I to do? Must I roll an ALT? Must I continually wait to get a group together for pledges when the Oceanic time zone is barely active week nights? Step into Cyrodiil which is also fairly dead during that time? Why couldn't I earn CP while playing in non-vet pvp?

These are all things that are unfair. But if I think about the overall health of the game. Not what I want. But where most people are, according to info provided by Richard. If I look at the poll being conducted where 70% of the votes support the CP cap, then I'll just have to accept that a CP cap seems best at this point in time.

You say "a lot of players", but the data doesn't support it. Maybe "a lot of players" in your world. But not in the ESO world.
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Thanks for your example of yet another *real* player and loyal customer who is getting screwed by this patch. I feel exactly the same way and I'm not even at cap.

I am a "real player" too. And loyal customer. So intriguing how players that don't believe what you do are suddenly "not real" and "not loyal." The world you live in must be small.

I never said you weren't, but it was insinuated earlier by several posters that people over 500 CPs were all "Grinders and Botters" and that I couldn't possibly know dozens of players who will be impacted by this cap. I was merely noting that we are real, loyal players.

And as far as your quest scenario goes....no one grinds quests to earn CPs. And rolling an alt to quest is a horrible way to gain CPs since you get zero CPs for the Level3>Level49 phase. You were never "screwed" because you completed all of the quests. The guys who got all of the quests out of the way before the CP system were at a major advantage as far as that goes because questing is one of the slowest possible ways of earning CPs.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a mix of every type of player, every attitude, every feeling. Now put aside yourself look at all of this then pretend your ZOS and make a decision.

?

They already made the decision.

Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

?

My point is all this bickering and none of them could think of a better solution for all.
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭

The cap number they chose is fine. The scaling per CP makes me raise my eyebrows though. Anyone already past 1k or 2k CP will never have to deal with the increased xp required (not arguing they don't deserve this perk, just stating facts). UNLESS, the scale is moved once another season hits.

If that be the case, then the catch up factor will be even easier from 501 to 1002 and super easy for a new player from 1-501. The CP will flow. That I can get on board with.
    Edited by Rayste on October 8, 2015 1:11AM
    The Teach - AD Templar
    Options
  • Matem
    Matem
    ✭✭✭

well making my decisions i certainly wouldn't take inactive accounts into consideration (for average cp per player)... just saying
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Rayste wrote: »

The cap number they chose is fine. The scaling per CP makes me raise my eyebrows though. Anyone already past 1k or 2k CP will never have to deal with the increased xp required (not arguing they don't deserve this perk, just stating facts). UNLESS, the scale is moved once another season hits.

If that be the case, then the catch up factor will be even easier from 501 to 1002 and super easy for a new player from 1-501. The CP will flow. That I can get on board with.

just keep in mind around 360 CP, the exp requirement begins to surpass 400k. if you couldn't get there before, you may not get that far from 360, until they slide the scale over to accommodate a new cap. what it feels like is they want to equalize players around 360ish, and if you can/want to go beyond that you will have a a bit of work. but i guess equality is what was wanted. beyond 501 is a joke.
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 8, 2015 1:22AM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just keep in mind around 360 CP, the exp requirement begins to surpass 400k. if you couldn't get there before, you may not get that far from 360, until they slide the scale over to accommodate a new cap. what it feels like is they want to equalize players around 360ish, and if you can/want to go beyond that you will have a a bit of work. but i guess equality is what was wanted.

Heres the numbers on what the scaling system will be.
    Paulington wrote: »
    I've added a lot to the spreadsheet and I think an important thing to realise is that whilst the XP required per CP is more than 400k after 338 CP, it is faster to get to 501 from zero CP under the new system than the old system.

Pre-2.2 cumulative XP from 0 CP to 501 CP: 200,400,000 XP.
    Post-2.2 cumulative XP from 0 CP to 501 CP: 153,010,170 XP.

This means you need to gain 47 million XP less under the new system than the old. However this doesn't take into account those currently above 338 CP.

XP required 338-501 new system: 79,790,187 XP.
    XP required 338-501 old system: 65,200,000 XP.

It is slower in the new system above 338 CP however before that it's a lot quicker.

If you are currently around the ~340 CP mark, do some grinding. You're better off getting to 501 CP under the current system than the new one.
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

My point is all this bickering and none of them could think of a better solution for all.

Ah ok. People bicker-- it's what we do. I still believe the folks who are so against a 501 CP cap are the minority in the game-- enough of a minority that I'm not sure what they're bickering about. And, as they like to claim their skill will get them through.
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matem wrote: »

well making my decisions i certainly wouldn't take inactive accounts into consideration (for average cp per player)... just saying

They didn't... just saying.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You did read this from Rich Lambert, right? As he stated, he only took accounts active within the last 30 days into consideration for the average- thus, inactive accounts weren't part of that equation and neither were "new" accounts because they hadn't even reached the ability to earn CP yet.

Funny because the most vocally against this CP cap seems to be long-term PC players who feel a sense of entitlement at the expense of the long-term viability of the game itself. As the CP average data posted by Rich shows, those who are in the above 501 CP category are an extreme minority of the PC player base, but it doesn't look that way in the forums because of their endless comments about entitlements and being shafted. Yes, you ARE being shafted in order for the game to survive... thank you for your contributions... but if you cannot put the long-term health of the game above your selfish interests, then your participation is no longer warranted. Besides that, you DID enjoy the game during your time here, right? THAT is what you should be thinking about, not the... I'm being shafted because of all the time I spent gaining XP crap. Obviously if you didn't enjoy the game, you wouldn't have stuck around this long, so get over it... for the sake of the long-term success of the game. *end rant*
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The averages I posted were calculated from active accounts that have at least 1 VR character. (i.e. - can start earning CP) An account is only considered active if it has been logged into in the past 30 days and played the game for a period of time.

That deserves an awesome.

Options
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    The cap would be fine if there wasn't a catch-up mechanic implemented as well. It's basically negating any work anyone who has been in the CP system since the launch of it has put in and handing new players a free 6 or so months of time while taking away the value of time we who have been playing have already put in. Majority of players that I know and play with (and, no, not just mega-leet players, and most are PvPers as well) are at 400-500 CP right now. So this means that when the cap comes out not only will we all not have any sort of progression to look forward to, there's not really going to be any in a forseeable future. I think a CP cap is important to put in, but I find it to be too low for the PC player base. 600-700 would have been much better and a lot more lasting for a first CP season. I say this ONLY because we've already had the CP system for so long, and will have to wait an extended time for the second season anyways, so, naturally, the cap for the first season should have reasonably been higher. It feels like everything is just going to stall out on the PC side of things. I don't have much over 500, so the cap isn't going to affect my gameplay much at all, I will always be a good player because I understand the mechanics of the game, but I don't like being told my time ingame was meaningless.
    Oh well. At least now people can't rely on CP as something to blame for them losing. Though I will miss the "you're a damn 1k+ CP farmer" from people. Wonder what they're going to blame next. :#

Couldn't have said it better
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO

just keep in mind around 360 CP, the exp requirement begins to surpass 400k. if you couldn't get there before, you may not get that far from 360, until they slide the scale over to accommodate a new cap. what it feels like is they want to equalize players around 360ish, and if you can/want to go beyond that you will have a a bit of work. but i guess equality is what was wanted.

Heres the numbers on what the scaling system will be.
    Paulington wrote: »
    I've added a lot to the spreadsheet and I think an important thing to realise is that whilst the XP required per CP is more than 400k after 338 CP, it is faster to get to 501 from zero CP under the new system than the old system.

Pre-2.2 cumulative XP from 0 CP to 501 CP: 200,400,000 XP.
    Post-2.2 cumulative XP from 0 CP to 501 CP: 153,010,170 XP.

This means you need to gain 47 million XP less under the new system than the old. However this doesn't take into account those currently above 338 CP.

XP required 338-501 new system: 79,790,187 XP.
    XP required 338-501 old system: 65,200,000 XP.

It is slower in the new system above 338 CP however before that it's a lot quicker.

If you are currently around the ~340 CP mark, do some grinding. You're better off getting to 501 CP under the current system than the new one.

the bold is the important detail.... what this means is your character could potentially get stuck at that mark. which means if you are at 340 (thanks for correcting it, i have been number crunching all day), you will get less return post 340CP which means those that already have more than the cap will be at the cap and you will still be playing catch up under the current system catch up system they intend to implement.

clearly i am against the hard cap, but i fully support their continued effort to ensure people get the 1 champion point a day spirit of the the system was designed around. if that means boosting OFFLINE enlightenment generation as well as enlightenment values- instead of double try triple or quadruple its value- then that is what they need to do.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey grinders, people can still say CPs are the reason they lose and they'd be correct. 100 CPs to your 500+. 200, 300? You still have the advantage. And in addition, remember your "skill." Most folks are NOT going to catch up to the cap, so calm down.
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Hey grinders, people can still say CPs are the reason they lose and they'd be correct. 100 CPs to your 500+. 200, 300? You still have the advantage. And in addition, remember your "skill." Most folks are NOT going to catch up to the cap, so calm down.

read the posts.... how do you feel about a power gap of 340cp and 501 CP?

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*ZoS enters room solemnly*

CHAMPION POINTS FOR EVERYONE!!! SURPRISE!!!

*Confetti drops from the ceiling*

(It's fun to pretend I'm ZoS, I should do it more often)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Matem
    Matem
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

You did read this from Rich Lambert, right? As he stated, he only took accounts active within the last 30 days into consideration for the average- thus, inactive accounts weren't part of that equation and neither were "new" accounts because they hadn't even reached the ability to earn CP yet.

They didn't... just saying.

Missed that one, sorry :)
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone posted graphs on the PTS thread. Unless something is terribly wrong with his graphs, I don't know why people are getting anxious about 340 - 501?

My post was to people who are very near or over 501 CPs now.

Options
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is a second, at least for me, I am actually looking forward to a quote unquote nerf.
    With playing on average of 4 to 6 hours a day, I have made to what I thought was an adequate CP rank of 214. Now I know- understand what is behind my constantly getting ded (other than I am playing by the published rules and not the super secret, hush-hush ways of utilizing game/system mechanics to the characters advantage) I have less than the median number of CP's of the ESO player population.

Nice One, thank you ZoS team, looking forward to actually participating in the Alliance War again.
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO

Someone posted graphs on the PTS thread. Unless something is terribly wrong with his graphs, I don't know why people are getting anxious about 340 - 501?

My post was to people who are very near or over 501 CPs now.

let me put it to ya this way... experience wise, its the new VR grind post-340 points thats why. i have two concerns, without changing the power gap produced in the system itself, and and increasing the required experience based on points a bunch of people (including me) may end up sitting at 340-400 for quite some time, let alone getting to 501.

the current system un capped allows the player to work the same amount of experience with a progressively more powerful character 1 CP takes one day with 100CP versus 1 hour with 200cp. with this new system its potential the opposite but at a higher over all CP scale- 1 cp will take a day at 340, but at 400 may take 2-3 days. that coupled with the potential power gap between 340 and 501, people will only get a feel good feeling, of having 340+ points, but since players are at 501 they will still out power you.

**this example isn't taking into account actual times/numbers or enlightenment for the sake of simplicity and the important part is the character power is to be the equalizer and the gap closer when trying to catch up to other players**

hence the reason my stance is, no cap and better enlightenment tools. doing this sort of patchwork is going to do more future harm than good. my saying is "do it right the first time, because if you half ass it, you end up doing it twice"

on top of that, based on THEIR numbers only small amount of people "will be effected" if that is the case don't force the rest of the community to grind MORE, if the system is THAT powerful NERF IT!!! those small amounts of people probably wouldn't even notice a proper power reduction, proper being an operative word, but i assure you once people hit 340 and "start climbing the wall" people will complain and not like it.
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 8, 2015 8:19AM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

@ZOS_RichLambert ... I just wanted to circle back here and thank you for posting this. My impression from the forum is that the PC number is much larger, which gave me an ambivalent outlook on Champion Points. I figured that with fewer than 40 CP on Live, it was really not worth my time, even with a catch up system. While I am still behind, I am not nearly as far behind as I thought.

Thanks!
    Edited by Elsonso on October 8, 2015 3:15AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    delete me: irrelevant post
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 8, 2015 6:28AM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Fixed in kind for ahstin.

You are misreading his post. In his opinion the number of players affected by the cap will be small. The average CP on PC for vet level accounts who have logged into the game in the last month is 93.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on October 8, 2015 2:16PM
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

@ZOS_RichLambert ... I just wanted to circle back here and thank you for posting this. My impression from the forum is that the PC number is much larger, which gave me an ambivalent outlook on Champion Points. I figured that with fewer than 40 CP on Live, it was really not worth my time, even with a catch up system. While I am still behind, I am not nearly as far behind as I thought.

Thanks!

no what he is saying is that only 93 PLAYERS will be effected. thats why ultimately the cap and catch up they are intending to launch is irrelevant. however, players do agree pretty readily that the enlightenment system needs to be overhauled, and the champion system tuned down.

i played all day yesterday, went through my enlightenment and couple hours later.... more enlightenment. if i have time to play, i don't need the constant flow of enlightenment for the 1 champ point a day. at this rate i have started making 1.5-2 champ points a day PVPing in cryodiil

You are misreading his post. In his opinion the number of players affected by the cap will be small. The average CP on PC for vet level accounts who have logged into the game in the last month is 93.

oh *** i did... yeah those numbers after a patch like IC are more than likely utter bull ***....

thanks for the correction my eyes are tired from reading lol
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 8, 2015 6:26AM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options