Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Starshadw wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    We don't care about the advantage we have over others, it's about having a path to continued growth with our characters. And that is being denied to many of us.

Sorry, Ez, I'm calling shenanigans on this. Spending hours running in a circle, grinding mobs in Crackwood Cave constitutes "growth?" You don't care about the advantage lots of CP gives you over others in PvP?

I'm not buying what you're trying to sell here.

i do call it growth

i don't have a lot of them

i don't give a damn about other's CP count because his advantage is just as much my advantage in this, a grouping based game

i don't always grind

i enjoy the way things are, while admitting adjustments aren't totally out of the realm of reasonable
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think you need to look up the meaning of many. There are hundreds if not thousands of players who will be at CP cap by the time November 2nd rolls around

But the majority of players will not. So in relation to the total number of players, you really mean "a few" or " some". Perhaps you should proofread your comments and eliminate some exaggerations. You really do have a knack for embellishing :)
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    maxjapank wrote: »

I think you need to look up the meaning of many. There are hundreds if not thousands of players who will be at CP cap by the time November 2nd rolls around

But the majority of players will not. So in relation to the total number of players, you really mean "a few" or " some". Perhaps you should proofread your comments and eliminate some exaggerations. You really do have a knack for embellishing :)

because someone at ZoS gave you the average after new content release? or do you have access to the numbers pre-release? does that include months prior to release of IC to confirm its accuracy to just before IC release? or did you take an average over the last 6 months? was it a survey of the average for every one of those 30 days or just 1 day of a thirty day counter? how many of these players played over the course of time? how about over all?

the last 30 days (1 month) of information that houses hundreds of thousands of individuals (some may say the population could be in the millions) with various play times, and play habits and game accessibility coupled with that survey being at/near new content, could very well be considered questionable. if you have access to more accurate and reliable averages, please enlighten us. his "many" as it stands now, could be just as accurate as your "few"...
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 9, 2015 12:23AM
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

because someone at ZoS gave you the average after new content release? or do you have access to the numbers pre-release? does that include months prior to release of IC to confirm its accuracy to just before IC release? or did you take an average over the last 6 months? was it a survey of the average for every one of those 30 days or just 1 day of a thirty day counter? how many of these players played over the course of time? how about over all?

the last 30 days (1 month) of information that houses hundreds of thousands of individuals (some may say the population could be in the millions) with various play times, and play habits and game accessibility coupled with that survey being at/near new content, could very well be considered questionable. if you have access to more accurate and reliable averages, please enlighten us. his "many" as it stands now, could be just as accurate as your "few"...

I can't believe I actually attempted to read that. Touché!

Options
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Um... what world are you living in? If even after almost two years since PC launch and the currently active accounts have less than 100 CP... I think you really need to rethink that belief. It is funny how people pull info out of... ...trying to pass as reality the things that they CHOOSE to believe are true, regardless of actual fact. Making things up when we've heard real, actual, hard data from the game developers just goes to prove my point... that people believe whatever supports their own personal belief, regardless of factual evidence.
    You do realize that CP were not introduced at the start, right? They only came into play in March with the release of 1.6.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TerraHawk wrote: »
    If you had a vet at launch of 1.6 and you earned your one enlightened CP every day, you have about 250 CP now.
    Most people do NOT have 250 CP because they have actual lives.

501 CP still allows you to crush the vast majority of people. What is your beef? You want to be able to kill players in 0.5 seconds instead of 1.0 seconds? Is that half a second so much of an inconvenience?

For many of you serious players, your automatic avoidance software and macros are much bigger impact then your CP.
    Since ZOS shows no signs of attempting to find or throw out cheaters, you are all good.

I have a full time job, a social life, I don't grind, and I have 375 CP. Your point is moot. Enlightenment stacks precisely so that you can have a life, only log in a couple times a week and still earn a lot of CPs. Of course you won't be at CAP but you will be way over this bullcrap average.

The fact you believe 501 CP allows you to kill in .5 sec shows how little understanding of the game you have.
    And calling serious players cheaters, using avoidance software (what even is that) or macros rofl, you are really completely clueless aren't you.

We don't care about the advantage we have over others, it's about having a path to continued growth with our characters. And that is being denied to many of us.

Sorry, Ez, I'm calling shenanigans on this. Spending hours running in a circle, grinding mobs in Crackwood Cave constitutes "growth?" You don't care about the advantage lots of CP gives you over others in PvP?

I'm not buying what you're trying to sell here.

For the hundredth time, most people having a lot of CPs never ran in a circle in CWC, they just played the damn game the way it was supposed to be played.

The hate towards serious/hardcore gamers is real, but without them you wouldn't have your pretty build that you copied off some blog or youtuber's video. They are the ones who inspire people to play the game and get better, they are the ones who theorycraft everything so that you can be lazy about your build making, since you cherish your "life" so much. So why on earth would you try and push them out of the game.

The CP cap would have been fine had it been introduced from the start. There were a lot of smarter ways to allow people to catch up, or to increase the diminishing returns to even out the playing field. The way this cap is implemented is dumb
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im glad now I didnt bother buying IC or even playing for the past few months. I'll earn CP way faster after Orsinium. Im actually shocked they didnt spend months trying to balance PVP and are coming out with this so fast. I figured I wouldnt see any new PVE content (and no IC is not PVE content its pvp content with annoying npcs in the way Im not paying for that) until December at the earliest. So kudos ZOS and I dont say that often.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (and no IC is not PVE content its pvp content with annoying npcs in the way Im not paying for that)
    IC is a PvE zone with PvP enabled. There is nothing that leads to competitive PvP in this zone. And after Orcinium is released it will be the empties zone in the game. Probably in 1 year ZoS will make it free and then they can add some nice PvP mechanics.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    The following solution would not ultimately punish anyone in this. It is based on having a tranched increasingly slower gain rate system for CPs as one progresses.

up to 100 CPs - 600,000xp per point
    101-200 - 700,000xp per point
    201-300 - 800,000xp per point
    301-400 - 900,000xp per point
    401-500 - 1,000,000xp per point
    501-600 - 2,000,000xp per point
    601+ - 3,000,000xp per point
    1201+ - 4,000,000xp per point
    2400+ - 5,000,000xp per point

Each person has a total number of CP xp accrued which is known, so this system can be applied restrospectively as explained below. In all cases, all CP points would be unallocated for free.

Those who are still above the CPs they would be under these new xp totals would not have their CPs taken away, but their CP total would be frozen until they reach the new xp total for their current CP, then their CP progression would proceed as normal.

Those whose CP amount would be below where they would be for their CP xp would be awarded extra CPs to bring them to the correct new total.

In regarding the CP xp earned as representative of the effort put in, and not punishing the people with higher than new xp system CP totals (merely locking their progression until they 'catch up'), no-one is unduly disadvantaged.

Comments?

Just for the retroactive part of your proposition : you can't put a fixed number of exp earned looking at the CP total, since you don't know how much enlightenment was used to get them.

That's wrong.

Enlightenment gives you xp four times faster, so you still have the same number of xp taking into account what enlightenment you have used with my proposal.
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't even get why cp was a good idea to implement in the first place. Let's take a look at one of the most whined about skills in the game; our dear wb.

A v16 char could have a realistic average tooltip damage of about 8k. 1.5s cast with knockdown + mini stun. Meh right? Just 8k. Let's throw in 25% Phy damage:

8k x 1.25 = 10k

Still meh? How about 25% piercing; now hitting for 12.5k

Still meh? Let's throw in 25% bonus to 2h swords.... You see where this is going right? Eventually any skill is going to become op when someone has enough cp. Then we need to nerf. And the people getting hit hardest are the people with like 100+ cp. Those with hundreds upon hundreds still going to wreck face. This whole system was weirdly designed to say the least.

The next time u see someone spam jabs/wb/shards and hitting you for omfg so much damage, realise that skills are fine. It's cp that's op.
    Edited by Vangy on October 9, 2015 9:32AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The following solution would not ultimately punish anyone in this. It is based on having a tranched increasingly slower gain rate system for CPs as one progresses.

up to 100 CPs - 600,000xp per point
    101-200 - 700,000xp per point
    201-300 - 800,000xp per point
    301-400 - 900,000xp per point
    401-500 - 1,000,000xp per point
    501-600 - 2,000,000xp per point
    601+ - 3,000,000xp per point
    1201+ - 4,000,000xp per point
    2400+ - 5,000,000xp per point

Each person has a total number of CP xp accrued which is known, so this system can be applied restrospectively as explained below. In all cases, all CP points would be unallocated for free.

Those who are still above the CPs they would be under these new xp totals would not have their CPs taken away, but their CP total would be frozen until they reach the new xp total for their current CP, then their CP progression would proceed as normal.

Those whose CP amount would be below where they would be for their CP xp would be awarded extra CPs to bring them to the correct new total.

In regarding the CP xp earned as representative of the effort put in, and not punishing the people with higher than new xp system CP totals (merely locking their progression until they 'catch up'), no-one is unduly disadvantaged.

Comments?

Just for the retroactive part of your proposition : you can't put a fixed number of exp earned looking at the CP total, since you don't know how much enlightenment was used to get them.

That's wrong.

Enlightenment gives you xp four times faster, so you still have the same number of xp taking into account what enlightenment you have used with my proposal.

I overlooked that, my bad
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a full time job, a social life, I don't grind, and I have 375 CP. Your point is moot. Enlightenment stacks precisely so that you can have a life, only log in a couple times a week and still earn a lot of CPs. Of course you won't be at CAP but you will be way over this bullcrap average.

.../...

For the hundredth time, most people having a lot of CPs never ran in a circle in CWC, they just played the damn game the way it was supposed to be played.

For the zillionth time, I know NOONE in this game (and I know A LOT of people at end game level on EU/DC) that is currently above the 500CP mark and hasn't grinded a fair big bit in CWC or equivalent.
    Anyone pretending anything else is most likely a liar.
    You even admit yourself that playing "normally" while having a "reasonably normal real life" got you to 375, not 500+.
    I'm pretty much in the same range as you with an equivalent profile.
    I think 501 cap is fine and fair to most people. Even though I didn't care because I never believed CPs to be the cause of imbalances.

And if you look at the complaints here, you'll notice that it can be reduced to two categories :
    - I have more than 500CP, it's crap, I worked for it, i should keep my CP
    - I have less than 500CP, I think the cap and catch-up system is fine, everyone above 500 is an OP grinder.

Variation :
    - I have 600CP, I think the cap and catch-up system is fine but the capshould be 600.

Talk about viewing things through your own little microscope...

Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So i disagree with what your saying about CP's. But i am offended at your lack of understanding of how microscopes work.

Large microscope = see small things.

Small microscope = see large things.

L2Science yo.
    Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like think the average numbers posted are crap, I've played since console release. Of which I'm only able to play every other week for a few days due to working away from home.

I'm currently just over 100cp, I've got 7 characters, 3 are bwb exclusives and I spent a lot of time in there. I only really bothered sorting out my vets over the last few weeks, and I've comfortably gone from 30-100 cp in just a few weeks without grinding.

So what's so bad about this system then?

Those abernum

.../...

For the zillionth time, I know NOONE in this game (and I know A LOT of people at end game level on EU/DC) that is currently above the 500CP mark and hasn't grinded a fair big bit in CWC or equivalent.
    Anyone pretending anything else is most likely a liar.
    You even admit yourself that playing "normally" while having a "reasonably normal real life" got you to 375, not 500+.
    I'm pretty much in the same range as you with an equivalent profile.
    I think 501 cap is fine and fair to most people. Even though I didn't care because I never believed CPs to be the cause of imbalances.

And if you look at the complaints here, you'll notice that it can be reduced to two categories :
    - I have more than 500CP, it's crap, I worked for it, i should keep my CP
    - I have less than 500CP, I think the cap and catch-up system is fine, everyone above 500 is an OP grinder.

Variation :
    - I have 600CP, I think the cap and catch-up system is fine but the capshould be 600.

So you yourself at 375 cp will need to grind over 400k exp per cp, so Infant you an average person that has played the game on a regular basis is being punished.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points.
    Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
    You will not lose any points over 501, you just won’t be able to spend them.
    You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.
    Why this will fail:
    1) After they increase CP cap next time, people who have 500+ CP will be able to spend them immediately, while people with less than 500 CP will be left behind (and still complain).
    2) Rinse and repeat after each CP cap increase, return to point 1.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »
    At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points.
    Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
    You will not lose any points over 501, you just won’t be able to spend them.
    You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.
    Why this will fail:
    1) After they increase CP cap next time, people who have 500+ CP will be able to spend them immediately, while people with less than 500 CP will be left behind (and still complain).
    2) Rinse and repeat after each CP cap increase, return to point 1.

Depens how much they raise the cap on the next dlc.

cause of the enormus exp raise you will Need after 501 CPs not so many Players will even have more than 600.
    if we think that Zos plan to release 3-4 dlcs a year. you have 3-4 mounths time to grind the CPs for the next Dlc

Edited by BuggeX on October 9, 2015 2:53PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

So you yourself at 375 cp will need to grind over 400k exp per cp, so Infant you an average person that has played the game on a regular basis is being punished.

"punished"... "PUNISHED" ??? LOL.

I play the game for fun, not for rewards or power creep. I reckon that some sense of progression must be provided, I also know that this is an MMO where many people must stand more or less on the same stage in order to be able to play together.

In order to combine these two necessities in a game that is supposed to be "endless", I understand that there will always be some "accordion" effects to brake higher end players and boost lower end players. I simply accept that. It's the very same reason why our skills and power are tweaked/nerfed/boosted on a cycle : to keep players on an even base so they can still play together (or against each other with fun).

People should stop crying about their CPs and stuff like if they have been deprived of their civil rights, or their salary, really.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 9, 2015 3:23PM
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    Depens how much they raise the cap on the next dlc.

cause of the enormus exp raise you will Need after 501 CPs not so many Players will even have more than 600.
    if we think that Zos plan to release 3-4 dlcs a year. you have 3-4 mounths time to grind the CPs for the next Dlc
    Not really. It's already clear that ~1 year was not enough to gather 500 CP for everyone and never will. With each CP cap increase, the gap will still be there and growing with mass of players being 200-300 CP behind and complaining on that. The whole mechanism is just a temporary suppression. Not to mention the "catch-up" mechanics for newcomers with as much as 0 CP.

Not that I support CP removal (because I don't), but with just VR ranks only, the newcomers could at least eventually grind their asses up to VR16 and have comparable characters with any player. Now (with CP) once they're out of league, they stay out for good.

<3
    Edited by F7sus4 on October 9, 2015 5:35PM
    Options
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    caps on stats are a poor designers tool kit. that developer on the live stream should be sacked. clearly no talent. i mean if he can't add up all the numbers while designing the stupid system and realize how unbalanced it is on his own...then he needs to go. And besides, he needs to be let go just for wearing those awful looking pant/shorts. I mean..what are they? short/pants - shants? here's some advice- you shan't wear those stupid short/pants - just burn them.

the whole champion system is garbage. it just promotes unbalanced gameplay and caters to aoe grinding the game for 100-1000s of hours != fun for most people.

pretty sure it was just put in there as some stop-gap measure to get people to keep playing the game instead of introducing new content to keep people playing the game. /lame
    Edited by twistedmonk on October 9, 2015 5:59PM
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Vangy wrote: »
    i don't even get why cp was a good idea to implement in the first place. Let's take a look at one of the most whined about skills in the game; our dear wb.

A v16 char could have a realistic average tooltip damage of about 8k. 1.5s cast with knockdown + mini stun. Meh right? Just 8k. Let's throw in 25% Phy damage:

8k x 1.25 = 10k

Still meh? How about 25% piercing; now hitting for 12.5k

Still meh? Let's throw in 25% bonus to 2h swords.... You see where this is going right? Eventually any skill is going to become op when someone has enough cp. Then we need to nerf. And the people getting hit hardest are the people with like 100+ cp. Those with hundreds upon hundreds still going to wreck face. This whole system was weirdly designed to say the least.

The next time u see someone spam jabs/wb/shards and hitting you for omfg so much damage, realise that skills are fine. It's cp that's op.

because its a good long term goal for people that finish content before the next comes out. the new DLC coming is said to only be 20 hours of story. if thats the case, that isn't a whole lot to do for some. the problem lies in no new content. the players that are praising this system, seem to essentially play the 1% of that for those that are much high. hell i sometimes work 70 hours a week, and i seem to have more game time than them.... they just don't seem to want to grind, and hates anyone that does. an attitude that has gradually diminished any support for this system, other than "if you can get your *** together now, you won't later" they will likely sit at 340 until the soft-cap is lifted.

if the power of the system itself is so great that it causes imbalances, then i completely agree, its needs to be fine tuned. i don't think they would have to go through great effort to tune the system. thats just what pisses me off more; its in theory more simple to just tune the system and enlightenment so offline players can catch up, but instead you conjure this crap thats gonna have people stuck at 340, unhappy with the grind post 340, people who reach the new cap, and those already at the cap. its just artificially averaging everyone, largely at the expense of everyone.

they could have just as well, gotten rid of the red/green/blue round robin system, and make all point expenditures a true 400k. right now sitting at blue it will be 1.2 million exp for another blue. just let me spend my points as i want to.... why do i have to grind green and red, when i want a blue passive. in theory, then people can spec for the things you describe just as easy, with less total grind, for the same power.
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 9, 2015 5:57PM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"punished"... "PUNISHED" ??? LOL.

I play the game for fun, not for rewards or power creep. I reckon that some sense of progression must be provided, I also know that this is an MMO where many people must stand more or less on the same stage in order to be able to play together.

In order to combine these two necessities in a game that is supposed to be "endless", I understand that there will always be some "accordion" effects to brake higher end players and boost lower end players. I simply accept that. It's the very same reason why our skills and power are tweaked/nerfed/boosted on a cycle : to keep players on an even base so they can still play together (or against each other with fun).

People should stop crying about their CPs and stuff like if they have been deprived of their civil rights, or their salary, really.

Well its a simple fact, those that have put many hours into the game are being punished, they are essentially having any sort of progression removed from the next few months.

Also this will be a major put off to many "casual" players, as they will find themselves accelerated to 300cp, then suddenly find that they were progressing slower than ever before, and give up.
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well its a simple fact, those that have put many hours into the game are being punished, they are essentially having any sort of progression removed from the next few months.

Also this will be a major put off to many "casual" players, as they will find themselves accelerated to 300cp, then suddenly find that they were progressing slower than ever before, and give up.

If they buy Orsinium I don't think they will be lacking for "progression" the new arena gear sets are very nice, and people at the 500 cp cap now will be enjoying them much sooner than people still working on the CP accumulation.

I agree that the curve should stay constant till 500 so the catch-up mechanic doesn't become a drag mechanic.

"Punished" is such a dramatic word that includes with it the implication that someone has done wrong and justice is being meted out; ZoS is just balancing their game, it is their mistake and if you want to "punish" them for that mistake you can, but they aren't "punishing" you.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭

The hate towards serious/hardcore gamers is real, but without them you wouldn't have your pretty build that you copied off some blog or youtuber's video. They are the ones who inspire people to play the game and get better, they are the ones who theorycraft everything so that you can be lazy about your build making, since you cherish your "life" so much. So why on earth would you try and push them out of the game.

The CP cap would have been fine had it been introduced from the start. There were a lot of smarter ways to allow people to catch up, or to increase the diminishing returns to even out the playing field. The way this cap is implemented is dumb

1. Methinks your definition of "a lot" and mine are completely different. Your 375 CP? Does not constitute a lot, in my opinion. The folks sitting with with 750+? Yes, those do, and I can assure you, they didn't get them by only "playing the damn game the way it was supposed to be played." They got them by grinding - be it in Alik'r Desert or Bangkorai or Cracked Wood Cave, or wherever.

2. Sorry, I don't copy builds, and I don't spend hours watch YouTube videos of people playing this game, so your sad attempt at a dig failed miserably. I also don't hate anyone playing this game.

3. I don't think there are many who would disagree that yes, a cap should have been in place when the CP system was first implemented. But there wasn't one, and no amount of whinging about it now will change that. The fact remains that the CP system in its current state is a balance nightmare for this game - it's one of the reasons so many nerfs came into the game with IC. It needs to be fixed. I, for one, am glad that ZOS is doing so.

Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO

1. Methinks your definition of "a lot" and mine are completely different. Your 375 CP? Does not constitute a lot, in my opinion. The folks sitting with with 750+? Yes, those do, and I can assure you, they didn't get them by only "playing the damn game the way it was supposed to be played." They got them by grinding - be it in Alik'r Desert or Bangkorai or Cracked Wood Cave, or wherever.

2. Sorry, I don't copy builds, and I don't spend hours watch YouTube videos of people playing this game, so your sad attempt at a dig failed miserably. I also don't hate anyone playing this game.

3. I don't think there are many who would disagree that yes, a cap should have been in place when the CP system was first implemented. But there wasn't one, and no amount of whinging about it now will change that. The fact remains that the CP system in its current state is a balance nightmare for this game - it's one of the reasons so many nerfs came into the game with IC. It needs to be fixed. I, for one, am glad that ZOS is doing so.

the laws of averages is what makes balancing possible. i don't think its as big of a deal as people make it out to be. this is NOT the first and only game with this progression system that still puts out content balanced for the average player.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. I don't think there are many who would disagree that yes, a cap should have been in place when the CP system was first implemented.
    It could possibly discourage people to grind CP till the limits. Yes, they would probably grind up to the point that would allow them to spend all their CPs with each CP-cap increase, but that's it.

Nevertheless, I actually don't hate the system. Once everyone eventually reaches 500 CP,, the so-called imbalances will become less and less significant (see: power curves).
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    kids crying here all day all night thinking if they have 502 or more CPs their chars are useless and no need to play the game, pretending they dont know that when next cap arrives they can cap their extra CPs there while 90% of the players still trying to reach the first cap of 501
    please ZOS make the cap of CPs at 3599 so the players here stop crying

I'm wondering if these are the type of players that gank me, teabag me and then tell me that since I couldn't kill them five times I'm a poor player.

If that was the quality of player wanting to leave the game over this, I'd applaud.

But I doubt there is any way to tell "what kind of player" gets over 400 CP. There probably isn't any one type of player.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i will NEVER be able to catch up to people with those 501 CP, NEVER!
    fact is i only have 278 champion points, and right now that means i pretty much get eaten alive by those with 350 or more champion points and most people have well over 500 and even 1000 champion points. ive played every day since beta and launch and i know for a fact i have played fairly and not grinded and grinded because i hate grinding!
    yet those who grind thier brains out are allowed to be more powerfull then the rest of us? its not only unfair its down right mean of the developers to allow people to be so much more over powered like that.
    why in heck are you letting people go way out in strength above others?
    really terrible!

Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fact is i only have 278 champion points, and right now that means i pretty much get eaten alive by those with 350 or more champion points and most people have well over 500 and even 1000 champion points. ive played every day since beta and launch and i know for a fact i have played fairly and not grinded and grinded because i hate grinding!
    yet those who grind thier brains out are allowed to be more powerfull then the rest of us? its not only unfair its down right mean of the developers to allow people to be so much more over powered like that.
    really terrible!

Yep Penalty System for those who didnt reach 500 CPs or 1K lol...
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    really terrible!

i have 220 CP, and i am far from "eaten alive" in PVP.... it usually takes 5-10 plays to kill me, which they do, the instant deaths are rare, and most 1v1 for me is either quick death or a stalemate. this is all because of my build, CPs are probably not the problem.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im not buying the whole most people have over 500 to 1000 CP. Id be shocked if even one person had 1000.
    Options