[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not buying the whole most people have over 500 to 1000 CP. Id be shocked if even one person had 1000.

Think you underestimate the sheer powah of HC grinders on here, I personally know at least 2 friends who have above 1k CP, and know many more with 500+.

Think many players on here will know similar or greater amounts also.

I do agree with the "most" people having 500+ but tbh I dont really care one way or another.

It is what it is.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Im not buying the whole most people have over 500 to 1000 CP. Id be shocked if even one person had 1000.

the current arguement isn't that. its that most are already at the soft-cap and by the time of release will be near the 501 hardcap.

there is a small (2-3 player) group with 2k, a bit larger in the 1.5K, and people are curious regarding the 93 average when most seem to sit around 340 (the soft-cap). i myself, highly question the given average, sitting at 220ish points, while just milling through the game...
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please refer to this.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Please refer to this.

On your poll people can put whatever they want. Hardly scientific. All I ever hear is someone I know's bother's cousin's best friend who lives in some other country said he possibly knows someone who might have 1000 cp. Fact is anyone who says they have 1000 cp is lying. Plain and simple.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the current arguement isn't that. its that most are already at the soft-cap and by the time of release will be near the 501 hardcap.

there is a small (2-3 player) group with 2k, a bit larger in the 1.5K, and people are curious regarding the 93 average when most seem to sit around 340 (the soft-cap). i myself, highly question the given average, sitting at 220ish points, while just milling through the game...

I have yet to see a screenshot that isnt fake showing anyone above 1000.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Think you underestimate the sheer powah of HC grinders on here, I personally know at least 2 friends who have above 1k CP, and know many more with 500+.

I do agree with the "most" people having 500+ but tbh I dont really care one way or another.

It is what it is.

Sorry but not buying it. Its always I know someone who knows someone. Never you tho.
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is what it is.

Sorry but not buying it. Its always I know someone who knows someone. Never you tho.

-_-'' ZoS themselves have said there are two players above 2K. I guess if you dont believe the players, or the company, then welcome to Wonderland! Would you like a cup of tea good sir?
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two players above 2k champ points.

If it wasn't for Deltia's blunt comment that he isn't there yet, he would have been my first guess.

Oh well. I understand that it's primarily my skills and my "flinch" that hamper me in PvP, and skills come with time (which I don't have as much as some) and the thing that has helped me learn not to flinch has been IC. Getting killed and respawning while fighting a PO-ed group of DC right below our EP spawn point the other night was hilarious - and really made dying much less of a big deal.

Odd the things you can actually learn from semi-Zergs.

As for CP capping - I get that it's a way to even things. I simply wish the benefits had been cut. I originally thought it was going to be the first point was "worth a point" and each individual point after that was going to be "worth less" (diminishing returns and all that).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is what it is.

Lol shrugs then, maybe you should know more people or get more "friends", then maybe you will buy it:}

And anyways Zeni has proven that a couple of players have 1k+ or even higher, so do you not believe them either?

And there are probably a few people who have 1K or approaching 1K CPs on my contact list, but I could not care less how many CPs people have tbh, its a game.

So does it really matter?, sure world will still revolve, regardless of these mighty earth shattering matters:P
    Edited by SHADOW2KK on October 11, 2015 4:15PM
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well there's what? Over 2 million copies sold, say even 1.5 million active, probably a good chunk of them barely have 1-2 vet characters with only 50-60 cp at best, and a large amount that haven't even reached vet ranks yet

I belive it was only a couple months ago that the single highest player had 1650 cp, and less than 6 had reached 1000, most pc players had 400, obviously consoles several months behind and we didn't start with 70.
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    zornyan wrote: »

Well there's what? Over 2 million copies sold, say even 1.5 million active, probably a good chunk of them barely have 1-2 vet characters with only 50-60 cp at best, and a large amount that haven't even reached vet ranks yet

I belive it was only a couple months ago that the single highest player had 1650 cp, and less than 6 had reached 1000, most pc players had 400, obviously consoles several months behind and we didn't start with 70.

thats a couple of months ago...... and zos already talked about the numbers.

honestly, i think the system is just fine if they are worrying about your version. if the majority of the players i player with and against in PVP only have 100ish CPs..... that means those complaining players are really, really, bad (which most are but thats beside the point)
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 11, 2015 6:11PM
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • stonerskate109
    I love it when pc players transfered it pretty much *** everyone who was just starting.
    Options
  • DiDro
    DiDro
    ✭✭
    If i never go in Pvp i will be have ~1200 cp so 501 its very low ))) 600 cp - ideal
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can question it, but why not just consider a ~100 CP average is true. There are likely a TON of people who play the game maybe a few hours max per week, and many of them probably don't even have vet characters yet. They still need to be counted.

The issue is the CP system is a poorly designed joke that should've been limited from the start. And now it's too late to appease everyone. A small number of folks thought they could be all-powerful forever by grinding CPs, I just don't get why they'd think that. Also, they always insist it's skill that sets them apart, so if that's true, they wouldn't mind more people sitting where they are.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    k2blader wrote: »

You can question it, but why not just consider a ~100 CP average is true. There are likely a TON of people who play the game maybe a few hours max per week, and many of them probably don't even have vet characters yet. They still need to be counted.

The issue is the CP system is a poorly designed joke that should've been limited from the start. And now it's too late to appease everyone. A small number of folks thought they could be all-powerful forever by grinding CPs, I just don't get why they'd think that. Also, they always insist it's skill that sets them apart, so if that's true, they wouldn't mind more people sitting where they are.

actually i have, and i think that is probably MORE concerning.... either those players don't play enough to maintain a steady cashflow, or the game is lacking to THAT many players. it could very well be a good portion of those have subs, all MMOs have those types, and i have even fallen in that category. but my concern is that if that IS the average, and they STILL havent gotten to sink their money in this game... i just don't know if it would stay a float. im just highly skeptical those are new players, because of the initial sales of the game was pretty high. like all MMOs the sales from new players ebbs over time. if these are the players they are satisfied with, then more power to em. they may know something i don't. but if these are only RETURN players, because of IC release, and there is enough of them to skew the averages from one of the polls posted here (if considered accurate) that is a LOT ... A LOT of players, that quit.... (see link for the poll mentioned)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/220315/champion-point-cap-how-much-cp-do-you-have-now-september-october-2015/p1

i have been on a few threads regarding this, so ill assume that you may have not seen em, or are like me a bit overwhelmed keeping up, but im not against a form of catch up system, and have proposed with others alternatives to this one. my concern is its going to cut out too much of the balance buy-to-play/free-to-play relies on- constant cash flow + large burst cash flow. the top 25% of MMOs typically are the constant flow; the bottom 25% tend to be the burst (mind you neither is better than the other thats a bull *** argument). the middle 50% tend to do on and off subs, some burst purchases etc. lose too much of that balance and financing the game is going to get harder and harder.
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 11, 2015 11:20PM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    k2blader wrote: »

actually i have, and i think that is probably MORE concerning.... either those players don't play enough to maintain a steady cashflow, or the game is lacking to THAT many players. it could very well be a good portion of those have subs, all MMOs have those types, and i have even fallen in that category. but my concern is that if that IS the average, and they STILL havent gotten to sink their money in this game... i just don't know if it would stay a float. im just highly skeptical those are new players, because of the initial sales of the game was pretty high. like all MMOs the sales from new players ebbs over time. if these are the players they are satisfied with, then more power to em. they may know something i don't. but if these are only RETURN players, because of IC release, and there is enough of them to skew the averages from one of the polls posted here (if considered accurate) that is a LOT ... A LOT of players, that quit.... (see link for the poll mentioned). only 14% of those that took that poll, claim to have 100 or less.... now i rarely take polls too seriously, but when players talk about the same averages as well, it couldn't be THAT inaccurate. ill also point out, that if they are the average, and they play that little are they really producing a solution?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/220315/champion-point-cap-how-much-cp-do-you-have-now-september-october-2015/p1

i have been on a few threads regarding this, so ill assume that you may have not seen em, or are like me a bit overwhelmed keeping up, but im not against a form of catch up system, and have proposed with others alternatives to this one. my concern is its going to cut out too much of the balance buy-to-play/free-to-play relies on- constant cash flow + large burst cash flow. the top 25% of MMOs typically are the constant flow; the bottom 25% tend to be the burst (mind you neither is better than the other thats a bull *** argument). the middle 50% tend to do on and off subs, some burst purchases etc. lose too much of that balance and financing the game is going to get harder and harder.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Hrmmm..... im honestly conflicted now....honestly the Cap is a good idea since players with 800+ CP become godly depending on their class, skill setup and how they spent the points....seen tanks literally able to survive and tank forever 8-12 players all wailing on em that were VR14-16 each of which will have between 70-300 CP and the tank just will not go down due to how he was built having tons of stamina, greatly reduced costs and can just never run out of resources, pretty much to take him down required a coordinated attack to CC him and instantly have everyone attack together with Ults and Hard Hits at the same time before he can break free and heal. Still pretty ridiculous.

But then I like the aspect of being able to constantly get stronger, and stronger, and stronger, if I feel like "Training" one day to get stronger, I can grind for six to ten hours and get six to twelve or more CP that day depending on exp scroll usage and if my partner is with me or not. Or basically just do my thing like dungeon grinds, pvp, whatever and knowing that more time I spend, stronger I can get.

Hrmm..but then Cap would make things more fair....people with CP of 300 or so can still be pretty powerful and unable to be killed by someone with say 70-100CP, the very least the one with the lower CP having a significantly lower chance of success depending on the class and builds being used. Seen animation cancelling macro using NBs just kill tanks easily and taking little to no damage no matter what you do because of the NB having tons of CP and top end gear along with near infinite dodge roll and of course the Cloak thats getting nerfed soon. But he "Trained" to get that strong earning the CP to be able to do that. But its unfair for those who dont have the time to grind that kinda CP.

Yet now they gonna make the CP grind easier, what took a guy who did it legitly and not used any of the exploits to gain CP rapidly that was around before, likely took him to get to 500 CP up to 700 or more hours of gameplay time, now players once this update hits, depending on how quickly each CP can be obtained till up to the new cap mark, may be less than half that amount of hours, and that just seems unfair to the ones who worked hard to get that degree of power.

Bleh.....I can see both sides here....and Im conflicted on hating or liking this change...meh.
    Edited by Alexandrious on October 15, 2015 4:51AM
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    @Alexandrious thats what i liked about the current system, was the "i can train my warrior" aspect. im all for a CP locked PVP server, i think its foolish not to. PVPers want the cap, so give it to em. but the PVE side, meh its not that necessary to have a cap...
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 15, 2015 4:54AM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Right cuz now what it will come down to once alot of people will be at CP cap is what kinda gear you have on, your build and if your on the flavor of the month class or not, actual player skill is only about 20-30 percent of the overall factor. Pretty much like most any other mmos. Before CP Cap player skill amounted to 10 percent or lower.

Sighs....hmm.
    Edited by Alexandrious on October 15, 2015 5:57AM
    Options
  • player_klaus
    player_klaus
    ✭✭✭
    today i will earn cp #501

seeing i cant improve my character from then on for maybe 3-5 month, is dissapointing.

i support a stronger catch up mechanic in favor of a cap ( i understand the balance issues of pvp/trails but i think instead of cp-communism this should have solved different)

if there needs to be a cap, make it 600-650. think, we will stuck with 501 for a very long time.
    i dont like the idea that i cant improve/advance my char but everybody who invested less time still can, at all.

i know, if we get a new trial and the cap gets risen, ppl will still whine that some guilds already hit that cap and therefoe got a headstart.

and @zeni:
    its time you become more reasonable with your balancing.
    instead of *finetuning* you either make skills op -or you breake them complete.
    instead of fixing pvp bugs/exploits ruining the game for thousands of players for more than half a year -you hotfix silly grindspots and let the exploits run rampart until half of the sever population uses them.
    instead of introducing a simple token system -we are forced to an endless grind, until we finally can drop our well-fitted gear and can start to farm a new set of well-fitted's in the new dlc.

maybe your interns should have more time to play and learn the game.
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    today i will earn cp #501

seeing i cant improve my character from then on for maybe 3-5 month, is dissapointing.

i support a stronger catch up mechanic in favor of a cap ( i understand the balance issues of pvp/trails but i think instead of cp-communism this should have solved different)

if there needs to be a cap, make it 600-650. think, we will stuck with 501 for a very long time.
    i dont like the idea that i cant improve/advance my char but everybody who invested less time still can, at all.

i know, if we get a new trial and the cap gets risen, ppl will still whine that some guilds already hit that cap and therefoe got a headstart.

and @zeni:
    its time you become more reasonable with your balancing.
    instead of *finetuning* you either make skills op -or you breake them complete.
    instead of fixing pvp bugs/exploits ruining the game for thousands of players for more than half a year -you hotfix silly grindspots and let the exploits run rampart until half of the sever population uses them.
    instead of introducing a simple token system -we are forced to an endless grind, until we finally can drop our well-fitted gear and can start to farm a new set of well-fitted's in the new dlc.

maybe your interns should have more time to play and learn the game.

using you as an example, your scenario is my concern from a business stand point. how many more are there like you? there may be more than expected. is losing players like you worth it financially? how large of a risk pool are you composed of? how does that compare to the reward portion, financially?

i stand to "benefit" (i use that term lightly) from the changes as well as my wife. but the flaw is the lack of content forces a grind to "reach the top" still. it didn't solve a whole lot and ends up costing them money. if you, my wife, and i quit, they have to gain 3 new/return players to cover the loss. i don't think thats a very good idea, to rely on that. especially since they shifted the CP grind to the gear grind. where people once complained about CPs, will now be directed towards gear (again), but they will have a fair amount more justification.

their inability to provide content during the console development and release, produced this environment. not all the "top CP players" will stay. they will eventually leave for various reasons. they could just keep taking their money and let them leave naturally, or they could just incentivize their leaving (which seems to be the side the lean to).

now my wife and i have a situation where we can "catch-up", but then hit a gear wall, that by the time we are done, the new sets of VR will likely come out. if they purge VRs, then the new gear lvl/CP requirement would be raised so its just changing apples for apples for us. call them levels, VRs, champion rank, whatever. its not going to be fun to regear every 3-6 months with no sense of progression else where. we aren't interested in DLC hopping either, since we prefer a more home-body MMO.

i love playing the game, but the game isn't worth this much hassle, drama, and as you pointed out.... being this bugged out and not fixed.

i see the changes as a real catch-22 scenario, that may not do much to further the game financially. if they can't pay the bills, they are going to have to shut down, then no body benefits... and some could lose in the form of financial security.
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 15, 2015 7:46PM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This kind of confuses me:
    the lack of content forces a grind to "reach the top" still.

The phraseology here seems to imply you don't like grinding...but then:
    i love playing the game, but the game isn't worth this much hassle, drama, and as you pointed out.

My question would be what is it about playing the game that you love. It doesn't seem to be "content" or "grinding" and you don't seem to be a role-player.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    This kind of confuses me:
    the lack of content forces a grind to "reach the top" still.

The phraseology here seems to imply you don't like grinding...but then:
    i love playing the game, but the game isn't worth this much hassle, drama, and as you pointed out.

My question would be what is it about playing the game that you love. It doesn't seem to be "content" or "grinding" and you don't seem to be a role-player.

what i meant about "content" was with regards to progression. gold and silver are pretty low yield since they are intended to get you to VR10. then crag, its a group zone so i don't think everyone should be expected to do that, and cryodiil, and IC are pvp areas, so i don't blame people for not going there. theres not enough for a system this size without having to grind at some point.

my play preferences:
    -story based content- but its only one and done. so..... it was fun back at launch doing the story, but theres not a lot left. not a big deal since thats just the way MMOs are, i just dont zero in only on it.

-i grind- sometimes gold drops, deconstruction/research items (i prefer to find research items in the wild for fun), achievements, writs, sometimes for CPs

-i like Cryodiil, i think its great with a group that understands the mechanics, and aren't literally zerging. i've never been huge on PVP, though i have done those grinds fairly hard in the past. PVP typically isn't the first thing i go out and do. though, i do find it fun sometimes when i go "rogue" and watch the cannon fodder zerg....

- i haven't even bothered any form of RP since EQ, too many ***-for-brains around that end up just pissing me off if im just goofing off with someone... usually a third party "know-it-all mr. cool" has to have their commentary (heavily opinionated)

- sometimes i just like exploring, doing the public dungeons, instances, world bosses, maps.

my honest (unfiltered) opinion regarding the situation has been purposefully withheld. it wasn't relevant or necessary with regard to the topic of the catch-up mechanic.

oh..... i hate alts..... an unbridled hate for alts....
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on October 16, 2015 6:55AM

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am under 501. But the cap is a total kick in the head to dedicated players and those who gave ZOS subscription $$ and scroll $$ to get CP, only to have it yanked away because a bunch of whiny socialist babies here demand to have everything instantly. When I hit 501 my subscription ends and no more dollars for the ZOS masters hiding in their Kremlin . . . .
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess if you are lower than 501 champ points the response is "glory glory hallelujah". (of course when it makes no difference and you are still getting hammered by experienced pvpers, it will be something else right?)

If you actually spent some time grinding some CP and making sure you never ended up eating enlightenment points that were banked and weren't some scrub feeding xp to people in pvp and instead gaining xp... well 501 is bullcrap.

The "average" player that has actually played the game since March 3rd should have a min of 286 champion points. That's 1 a day from enlightenment on top of the 70 from being vr14. That's the min if you didn't eat enlightenment that was banked...

This is an interesting point. People only need to get 7 CP a week to keep their enlightenment spent. That can easily be done in a few hours. While your analysis was great, it does miss an important point.

Even only trying to get 7 CP a week forces players into playing certain ways that give them decent XP. If we are talking about players who were already VR14, they already had ways they enjoy spending their time in the game at max level. Many compulsively sped their way to VR14 (or v10 at launch) because they wanted to get to max level as fast as possible. Once there, they were able to just enjoy their favorite parts of the game until the next periodic increase in max level. With CP, they are now on a treadmill, feeling compelled to take time away from enjoying the game to make sure they get sufficient XP to get even one CP a day. I have played quite a bit over the last 7 days but my enlightenment still made its way up from zilch to a backlog of 3 points worth. Part of the reason is I started playing PvP more in Cyrodiil instead of just doing dailies to level. Part is I took a chunk of time on a non-vet alt. So ZOS has added a system that is pushing me to efficiently gain XP daily instead of encouraging me to enjoy the game.

If we assume that people getting crap XP in Cyrodiil are not very good at PvP, does it not seem backwards to reward those who are better with more stats account-wide? Not only are they rewarded with more stats, but it would take years before people are caught up at max level?

With CP, even if I am progressing in leveling a character 1-50, I am making no progress in leveling my account. Personally, I am fine with this. I'll try to use all my enlightenment, but I don't care if my CP are paltry. But, while I enjoy CP for progression, it does make the game feel a bit more burdensome in a way that the temporary effort to get to v12 or v14 (or v16) didn't. On the other hand, at least CP doesn't mean swapping out gear.
    Options
  • Salmonoid
    Salmonoid
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    If you think 501 looks like a good cap as a console player, then take that into consideration and add another 160-250 to it before you tell PC players to shut it.

So these people got given free CP then had time to farm more CP, then they transferred over to console and can dominate in PvP, and I'm suppose to feel bad for them cause they got a couple months time to abuse a *** system?

Get out of here you nong.
    Australian - PS4 NA
    VR16 WoodElf Nightblade

It's not the peel, it's the nana.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Catch up to what?

The way it works on PTS is that it is meant to speed you through the early points with an inflection point around 2/3 of the way to the cap where accumulation is slower than at present. Then for those above the cap, they need like 3x the XP the formula indications.

So that cap can serve 3 purposes:

1 - Determines the max # of CP you can assign
    2 - Determines the point at which XP needed for CP gets x3 multipler
    3 - Determines the marginal cost for next CP

The goal of #1 is to keep player power levels bunched together. This allows them to release content with Orsinium intended for 501CP players. Being able to release content at a proper difficulty is a good thing. It also decreases the stat gaps among players in PvP.

The goal of #2 is a mechanism meant for catch up. It is meant to keep more people from getting a larger head start towards the next cap.

The goal of #3 is also a catch up mechanism to make people quickly pass through CP levels far from the cap, but to also make sure progress is slower closer to the cap. The big question here is whether the CP curve will change when the cap is raised. If (a) the curve will stay the same, then CP accumulation will get really slow going forward. If (b) the curve changes, then the XP needed to get to 100 CP with the 501 CP cap could possible get us to 160 CP with a 1002 CP cap (my numbers are arbitrary).

With (a), it will be a real long time before we hit 3600 CP. Our rate of CP accumulation will be much lower for 90% of the 3600 CP than it is at present. I cannot imagine that this is what they have planned.

With (b), each time the cap goes up, the rate of CP accumulation for new players goes up significantly. For example, this would mean that:

- if when the cap is 501 it takes X amount of xp to get your 10th CP
    - and if when the cap is 1002 it takes Y amount of xp to get your 10th CP,
    - then X >>> Y.

likewise,

- if when the cap is 501 it takes X amount of xp to get your 501st CP
    - and if when the cap is 1002 it takes Y amount of xp to get your 501st CP,
    - then X >>> Y.

This would be a major help for catch up. When the cap is at 3600, new vets would likely fly past 1200 CP very quickly and would pretty quickly hit a level where diminishing returns doesn't make the leads others have mean much. It would also make VR levels a little silly as going from VR1 to VR2 could grant you hundreds of CP, overshadowing the impact of the actual level through gear stats and the single attribute point.

Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY! :D
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • ewhite106b16_ESO
    ewhite106b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is relatively good news, but not really enough to bring me back into the game. Champion points really need a flat out permanent hard cap that forces players to make choices on how they want to spend points and makes builds unique. The current champion system is nothing but a pointless grindfest that is considerably aggravated by how uneven XP earning is (vastly higher from doing AOE grinds like cracked wood caves or zombies).

Having a cap of say 300-400 points permanently with a strong catch up mechanic for new players and new passives added over time (horizontal progression) would fix the champion system and make it a real benefit to the game instead of a flat out grindy detriment. The cap + catch up system described is just a band-aid - it doesn't let players catch up completely and the need to go on a long enormous boring champion point grind just comes back the next time the cap is raised. Likewise the CP system still looks like an insurmountable obstacle for new players who want to be competitive in PVP or really useful in an endgame group.
    Options
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    This is relatively good news, but not really enough to bring me back into the game. Champion points really need a flat out permanent hard cap that forces players to make choices on how they want to spend points and makes builds unique. The current champion system is nothing but a pointless grindfest that is considerably aggravated by how uneven XP earning is (vastly higher from doing AOE grinds like cracked wood caves or zombies).

Having a cap of say 300-400 points permanently with a strong catch up mechanic for new players and new passives added over time (horizontal progression) would fix the champion system and make it a real benefit to the game instead of a flat out grindy detriment. The cap + catch up system described is just a band-aid - it doesn't let players catch up completely and the need to go on a long enormous boring champion point grind just comes back the next time the cap is raised. Likewise the CP system still looks like an insurmountable obstacle for new players who want to be competitive in PVP or really useful in an endgame group.

Or could just gain em as you play really =/
    Options