Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    Xeven wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    It take 390k Xp to get the 331st CP.

With these numbers, all of the previous discussion is moot. Those that have already amassed CPs above cap -- while they don't get immediate benefit -- get the advantage of gaining them at dramatically lowered XP amount. That is, unless they normalized to total XP to get to particular CP amount.

For me, sitting in the 300s range, it will take even more effort to get to 501 than previous. Basically, I should be grinding my tail off right now.
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xeven wrote: »
    I'm not making this argument for *my* sake, once again. I'm not going to lose *anything* come Osrinium because I'll just be hitting 500CPs when it is released. It won't make me any weaker but I don't like what it represents to many of my friends who will have nothing to look forward to (along with myself).

Oh stop Ez you're listening to your friends whine too much.

Sure, someone in Legendary set gear will have an advantage over someone in plain white gear, but they can catch up.

Sure, a vr16 player will have an advantage over a level 18 player, but they can catch up.

Currently, you, myself, or any new player will never catch up to anyone with 1600cp. That and the game is not balanced for 3000cp!

I don't have any friends in the 1600cp range although I've played with a couple and fought against a couple who have.

My friends are all in the 400-800CP range, with most of them at 500+. These are guys (and girls) like me who have just played the game to play the game. We PvP, we do the occasional Undaunted Daily (I'm still not max undaunted on any of my chars) and we basically are just solid *active* players who have all been around since the launch of the game.

These are the guys who are being hurt by the cap (at 500). The most active players who have been the biggest supporters of ZoS and ESO since the launch of the game.

On a personal level I'm completely fine with a cap of 500. It will actually be somewhat of a relief for me to be able to step away from the game for a couple of months to play some other games that I've had shelved up until now. Many of my friends dont really care to play other games right now though and this is something that impacts them quite a bit more.

As I said, I'm fine with whatever, but I think this is one of the worst choices the could have been made to balance the CP system out of months of many players giving some great suggestions. As I termed it earlier, it is a "ZoS Bandaid". Cure the symptom, not the problem.

@Ezareth you need to get on PTS and see how much CPs cost now. Trust me, yall that have the most when this goes live won, by a long shot.

Right now 441 CPs is 512,455, 442 CPs is 513544.

I'm assuming this calculation is going to be changed when the seasons change, otherwise the guys sitting at 1900 CPs right now are going to be sitting very pretty.

It take 390k Xp to get the 331st CP.

With these numbers, all of the previous discussion is moot. Those that have already amassed CPs above cap -- while they don't get immediate benefit -- get the advantage of gaining them at dramatically lowered XP amount. That is, unless they normalized to total XP to get to particular CP amount.

For me, sitting in the 300s range, it will take even more effort to get to 501 than previous. Basically, I should be grinding my tail off right now.

EDIT: @ZOS_GinaBruno Y'all need to recalculate how many CPs everyone have given the new formulas. Otherwise this scaling is really broken.

Agreed. The cap on xp per cp should be 500k per season. If you have less than the cap, you should need less xp, otherwise there is no catch up mechanic. It's actually a fall further behind mechanic.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

That's not the case necessarily... when the next season comes around (with a new DLC surrounding it), they can introduce mobs, zones, dungeons, quests that reward more XP than other areas. Which funnels people toward the new DLC stuff and "encourages" buying the new expansion without screwing everyone else out of the increased cap. So even if it takes 2 million to get a single CP, it might be really easy to get 2 million XP in the new content.

There's already signs they're converting ESO into more of a standard theme park. Every time a level bump happens, you funnel players into the new areas and make the old ones worthless.

i completely agree. people are talking about exp as if its going to be constant. it won't.... if they add vr17-18, you will need more exp from mobs for those VRs. with the current fixed champ exp, the higher the level the mob the more experience and the faster the earnings. couple that with the increase of character power, the faster you gain champion points to the limit of the mob spawn. combine that with a better enlightenment system, and players will have less effort to close the gap. there will always BE a gap, the point should be to LESSEN the gap, and not STOP the gap from being produced.

this is shaping up to be exactly what i thought- either the cap will be too high and it won't help; or the cap will be too low and it will screw a lot of players.

seriously.... i mean the most common solution that most seem to agree with is that there needs to be a better, more refined catch up mechanism. i completely agree, the one now isn't as good as it could be, without buying exp pots. why don't they listen to THAT!! there is clear common ground and good easier fix, rather than trying to artificially slow people down and potentially punish consistent players! so speed up the "offliners" that most are recommending.

ill also say it again.... with IC you adjusted the game AROUND the champion system as opposed to the opposite. now you further pushed players into "the grind" to keep pace with the new mechanics that are based on current champion point capabilities (you should have left it and modified new content).

i will also add they could enahnce the exp returns killing the high CP players so its far more rewarding. think of them as "PVE raid bosses" but in pvp. if it takes 24 to kill 1 with 1500 CPs, for example, there is no loot so make the return be a high amount of experience. if it takes 24 to kill them then (randomly throwing out numbers for the sake of the example) make their experience return be 10,000 experience. it also puts a bounty on these targets and increase incentive to kill these players and continue game play desireability despite these players.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

What this actually illustrates is that people aren't loyal to the game. If every one had played a bit since B2P the average would be much higher.

I've been very loyal. But people play in different ways and not all of them grant experience. For a while I played extensively in BWB. It was so much fun. But I missed out on a lot of CP because of that. Other times I would play but just couldn't commit to a set period of time because of RL reasons....so dungeons, trials, even pvp groups were out of the question. I also play in the a Oceanic region, which unfortunately lacks a player base. It can be hard to get a 4-man group together for pledges.

I enjoy earning CP as much as the next person. But again, for the overall health of the game, a cap is not a bad idea. Those claiming there is no way to progress did just fine before the CP system.

Options
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm the Farm people, look on the bright side, instead of spending all your time grinding out CPs so that you can boast in guild how great you are, you'll actually be able to just sit back and enjoy the content now......
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
    Options
  • m1ck10v1n
    m1ck10v1n
    Look on the bright side... They are not resetting the amount that you have.
    What I think they should do is, increase the CP cap by 50 each month.
    That way you can earn you daily CPs ( 30 ) and have room for a few more.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is, CPs do create a huge power imbalance. Not just for PvP or PvE leaderboards. But also for things like dungeon scaling. You see lots of people saying that they love the difficulty of vWGT and vICP, and each time, I wonder, "And just how many CP do you have?".

Here's a more pertinent example. Deltia released his magicka nightblade video several days ago. My main is a magicka nightblade, so I was curious to see if he has a different take on it. It turns out he's doing almost the exact same thing that I've been doing with my magicka nightblade, but he was hitting for much, much harder. Almost twice as hard in some cases. How was this possible??
    1. A lot of people forget that CP confer an unwritten bonus: larger stat pools. Every point you spend anywhere in a blue constellation, for example, increases your max magicka. He could run 20K health and 40K magicka. Largely because his high CP gives him stat pool bonuses that are even larger than racial bonuses.
    2. High cost reduction and regen from CP means he can run with 3x spell power enchantments on his jewelry as well as the Apprentice mundus. I run 2x cost reduction and the Atronach mundus because I don't get as much sustain from my CP. This is one of those indirect ways in which CP increases player power, because it lets players run with build setups that would otherwise be less viable.
    3. Crazy high points in Thaumaturge and Elfborn.

I'm VR16, with 3p arcane Willpower, 5p Kagrenac, 1p Kena, and 2/3p Torug, with all the non-jewelry gear at VR16 gold and with optimal traits, and I've been playing my magblade main long enough that I'm fairly good at it. Yet I can't get close to the kind of damage his pulls because I have only a small fraction of the CP that he has. So the next time ZOS makes a vWGT that's nearly impossible for me, there will be people with high CP, who, with the help of sheer stat power, can breeze through it and chafe at the idea of lowering the dungeon's difficulty--and this has nothing to do with PvP or leaderboards.

^This guy nailed it.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »
    Wow, it's a huge complain topic! Again. Seems like what ever Zeni try to do or not to do there will be a bunch of "Oh no! They've ruined everything!" :D

My 600 CP will w8 for next cap, but i'm pretty OK with this 501 CP cap for now and can relax a bit and play a game and not a grindfest.

As for stats: ofc they will count "dead" accounts. They are potential customers.

^This, many of those "dead" accounts are customers who left the game because of imbalances due to the current champion point system.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 1:10AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the majority of these people posting that all their "guildmates" or there "friends" are over the cap and are quitting is that they make up the 2% of hardcore gamers and don't even realize it ( so much so that Richard Lambert took the time to post his data mining reports and they are still in denial.) These people have been living in their bubble for too long piggy backing off each others high champion points to clear end game content easily and then complaining it's not challenging enough even though they aren't running the dungeons with the other 98% of players with lower champion points.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 1:27AM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ps4 I'm at the 400's marker

I highly doubt that unless you were a PC transfer.
    Options
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    Since @ZOS_Alex completely neutered a PVP oriented discussion and closed our CP thread in order to funnel us back to "The Barrens Forum" that is General, I'm going to rip my most poignant points from the Alliance War forum.

A V14 player at the launch of 1.6 that earned 100K experience a day would be sitting at 286 CPs right now. Most active skilled players earn 100K exp in about a half hour of PvPing or doing PvE content (or 10 minutes of grinding).

When Osrinium is launched on November 2nd, every original V14 as of 1.6 who has averaged 410,000 Experience per day will already be at cap. For me this is 2 hours of PvP a day without grinding and without experience pots.

I have 430 CPs. I took a month off the game and lost a good bit of enlightened CPs. The vast majority of my CPs came exclusively from PvP. The majority of my friends are far beyond my CPs and most of my guildies have at least as many CPs.

The entire premise of the CP system was to give the MOST active players who have already done everything in the game some small sense of accomplishment for doing things in the game. If you think back to every RPG game you've ever played like Skyrim for example you'll find that once you did everything and stopped improving your character you likely quit playing the game.

The CP system was meant to give hardcore players something to work towards. Now when the next patch hits what interest will we have in running our friends through a Vet dungeon? We'll acquire the best Gear in Osrinium in 2 or 3 weeks and then what will there be to do for the next 3-4 months while waiting on the next content? Why would we even bother subscribing to the game any more? We all have max crafters, max CPs, and a boatload of Crowns to buy the next 3-4 DLC packs if we choose.

I actually quit the game for 3 months at the end of 1.5 because the game was stale and boring. PvP hadn't changed in a year and I'd already done everything. I was Emperor for almost a month and had my fill of every aspect of PvP. I came back for 1.6 because it brought a fundamental change to the game. No softcaps and the CP system. I've always loved the concept of CPs....but I hated the implementation of them. There are many ways out there they could have headed the current issue of CPs off at the pass but they chose to address the problem too late. So now we're dealing with yet another ZoS bandaid.

I'm not going to say whether or not I'll quit, because I always try and test something before I pass judgement but it's really not looking good. I'd say the probability is extremely high since I'll be at CP cap by launch I'll play the content for a week until Starcraft II and Fallout 4 comes out and then play the hell out of those until I'm bored. Whether or not I come back will highly depend on ZoS's future changes but if you've ever played an MMO seriously you know that the addiction is the primary reason that people keep playing them. Taking a long break is the easiest way to break that addiction, and if the game itself has nothing to draw you back you don't come back.

This^

501 cap is simply too low for PC players, and the whole cap system is going to force dedicated players to quit and lose interest in the game (i already stopped my subscription now because of this change, and I feel less interest in playing knowing what is incoming)

Pretty much this.. I logged on tonight and was pretty unmotivated.. hearing that from a lot of the core players. This was a great business decision.. have your most dedicated players play the game the way you design it and then stick it to them. I don't really have the desire to play atm. I know I'm not going to, but it makes me want to get a refund on my subscription.. I subscribed in large part for the 10% xp bonus... Can't we just decrease the power of the system and increase diminishing returns? You can always give new players a starting number of CP later on and then you can make the system more powerful. This is so simple, im confused on why it's confusing for ZOS to do right?
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystikkal wrote: »
    Since @ZOS_Alex completely neutered a PVP oriented discussion and closed our CP thread in order to funnel us back to "The Barrens Forum" that is General, I'm going to rip my most poignant points from the Alliance War forum.

A V14 player at the launch of 1.6 that earned 100K experience a day would be sitting at 286 CPs right now. Most active skilled players earn 100K exp in about a half hour of PvPing or doing PvE content (or 10 minutes of grinding).

When Osrinium is launched on November 2nd, every original V14 as of 1.6 who has averaged 410,000 Experience per day will already be at cap. For me this is 2 hours of PvP a day without grinding and without experience pots.

I have 430 CPs. I took a month off the game and lost a good bit of enlightened CPs. The vast majority of my CPs came exclusively from PvP. The majority of my friends are far beyond my CPs and most of my guildies have at least as many CPs.

The entire premise of the CP system was to give the MOST active players who have already done everything in the game some small sense of accomplishment for doing things in the game. If you think back to every RPG game you've ever played like Skyrim for example you'll find that once you did everything and stopped improving your character you likely quit playing the game.

The CP system was meant to give hardcore players something to work towards. Now when the next patch hits what interest will we have in running our friends through a Vet dungeon? We'll acquire the best Gear in Osrinium in 2 or 3 weeks and then what will there be to do for the next 3-4 months while waiting on the next content? Why would we even bother subscribing to the game any more? We all have max crafters, max CPs, and a boatload of Crowns to buy the next 3-4 DLC packs if we choose.

I actually quit the game for 3 months at the end of 1.5 because the game was stale and boring. PvP hadn't changed in a year and I'd already done everything. I was Emperor for almost a month and had my fill of every aspect of PvP. I came back for 1.6 because it brought a fundamental change to the game. No softcaps and the CP system. I've always loved the concept of CPs....but I hated the implementation of them. There are many ways out there they could have headed the current issue of CPs off at the pass but they chose to address the problem too late. So now we're dealing with yet another ZoS bandaid.

I'm not going to say whether or not I'll quit, because I always try and test something before I pass judgement but it's really not looking good. I'd say the probability is extremely high since I'll be at CP cap by launch I'll play the content for a week until Starcraft II and Fallout 4 comes out and then play the hell out of those until I'm bored. Whether or not I come back will highly depend on ZoS's future changes but if you've ever played an MMO seriously you know that the addiction is the primary reason that people keep playing them. Taking a long break is the easiest way to break that addiction, and if the game itself has nothing to draw you back you don't come back.

This^

501 cap is simply too low for PC players, and the whole cap system is going to force dedicated players to quit and lose interest in the game (i already stopped my subscription now because of this change, and I feel less interest in playing knowing what is incoming)

Pretty much this.. I logged on tonight and was pretty unmotivated.. hearing that from a lot of the core players. This was a great business decision.. have your most dedicated players play the game the way you design it and then stick it to them. I don't really have the desire to play atm. I know I'm not going to, but it makes me want to get a refund on my subscription.. I subscribed in large part for the 10% xp bonus... Can't we just decrease the power of the system and increase diminishing returns? You can always give new players a starting number of CP later on and then you can make the system more powerful. This is so simple, im confused on why it's confusing for ZOS to do right?

What makes you more dedicated than another player? Your champion point number? Please...Other players have been playing just as long as you in the game but have been playing their way. How many fishing hours do you have? How many alts have you leveled? How many quests have you completed? How many achievements have you earned? How many writs have you done? How many crafting researched traits do you have? How many crafting recipes do you know? Do you have all the collectibles? How many mage books and skyshards have you collected? See, these examples are things that someone probably has a lot more in game time invested in than you and the "core" gamers, which mostly only means grinders; Aka high champion points. These other in game activities don't offer the same kind of champion points that AoE grinding in Cyrodil does. Why should the many PC players that support the cap system in this forum be unheard? Just because they aren't a "core" grinder or botter...
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 1:58AM
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

What makes you more dedicated than another player? Your champion point number? Please...Other players have been playing just as long as you in the game but have been playing their way. How many fishing hours do you have? How many alts have you leveled? How many quests have you completed? How many achievements have you earned? How many writs have you done? How many crafting researched traits do you have? How many crafting recipes do you know? Do you have all the collectibles? How many mage books and skyshards have you collected? See, these examples are things that someone probably has a lot more in game time invested in than you and the "core" gamers, which mostly only means grinders; Aka high champion points. These other in game activities don't offer the same kind of champion points that AoE grinding in Cyrodil does. Why should the many PC players that support the cap system in this forum be unheard? Just because they aren't a "core" grinder or botter...

You dont need to grind, or bot to be at the 501 cap by the date its implemented. If you played enough to get just under 2 CP's on a daily basis, one of them enlightened, you are at the cap.

I suppose dedication to some would be playing the game for an hour or two each day on average in a given week.

But this discussion is not going to change anything, ZoS has already stated with a huge smile on their faces this isnt going to effect hardly anyone they care about.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on October 7, 2015 2:10AM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

I've done all that (except fishing because its like watching paint dry). Done the Achievement thing, I do writs on *three* alts daily, have max crafting, know every recipe have more gold than I can spend have ever magebook etc.

No grinding or botting here.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you get to put negative labels on others to explain away your inefficiencies. I know literally dozens of people in the 400-500+ CP range and I'm practically a recluse as far as MMOs go. I know a good dozen players who grind but 80-90% of the people in my "CP Bracket" don't. They just play the game as they've played it since day one and the majority of them are skilled players.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This^

You dont need to grind, or bot to be at the 501 cap by the date its implemented. If you played enough to get just under 2 CP's on a daily basis, one of them enlightened, you are at the cap.

I suppose dedication to some would be playing the game for an hour or two each day on average in a given week.

But this discussion is not going to change anything, ZoS has already stated with a huge smile on their faces this isnt going to effect hardly anyone they care about.

410K Experience per day to be exact. A pittance when you consider it. Everyone who earned that since the launch of the CP system will be at cap.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

I totally Agree here, I play on average 4-6 hrs a night (every night), I have 480 cp (on PC, about 300+ cp on PS4 console), did I grind some cp, yeah, did I purchase XP scrolls from the crown store, yup I did do that, but when I wasn't grinding I was just playing the game like we all do, and now in less than a month, 21 days to be exact I will be at CAP with just enlightenment.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    At rank 543 I need 1,870,740 xp to 544, if that helps any.
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    To earn my 698th champ point, I'll need... 2,377,344 XP.

No, just no. This is wrong and it needs to be changed. This is a fall behind mechanic, not a catchup. You are stealth buffing players who have 1000s already. A cap should of been launched at CP release, imagine if you didn't put a VR cap in.

Show hidden quotes. Quote myself from pts thread. So they are in fact buffing all the farmers. So gg
    Edited by silky_soft on October 7, 2015 2:31AM
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

I've done all that (except fishing because its like watching paint dry). Done the Achievement thing, I do writs on *three* alts daily, have max crafting, know every recipe have more gold than I can spend have ever magebook etc.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you get to put negative labels on others to explain away your inefficiencies. I know literally dozens of people in the 400-500+ CP range and I'm practically a recluse as far as MMOs go. I know a good dozen players who grind but 80-90% of the people in my "CP Bracket" don't. They just play the game as they've played it since day one and the majority of them are skilled players.

Oh you know dozens of people that are over the champion point cap huh? Did you even look at Richard Lamberts data mining reports?
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 2:31AM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

Oh you know dozens of people that are over the champion point cap huh? Did you even look at Richard Lamberts data mining reports?

I don't need to look at Rich Lamberts report because I've been playing with most of them since launch and they're no different than me. Many of my friends have been posting in this thread. I know many others who read the forums by usually dont post.

I could go down my friends list right now amd set Champion point notes. Over 50% of my guild is over 400 CPs and we're not some Overachiever guild or anything....just a solid PvP guild.

There are a few guys I'm friends with who have played off and off who are under the cap like Sabre Ali and Araxleon, but the guys who have been active playing since the launch of the CP system are all well over 400 CPs. By next month we'll all be at 500 or higher. It's really not that difficult....
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO

This^

You're simply wrong.

dozens at 400-500 is not the same as 501+. don't inject context to make an argument you can't win when it was never made..... then i guess in your reality there is an argument and you are right simply because you made it. his/her point stands...
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

I don't need to look at Rich Lamberts report because I've been playing with most of them since launch and they're no different than me. Many of my friends have been posting in this thread. I know many others who read the forums by usually dont post.

I could go down my friends list right now amd set Champion point notes. Over 50% of my guild is over 400 CPs and we're not some Overachiever guild or anything....just a solid PvP guild.

There are a few guys I'm friends with who have played off and off who are under the cap like Sabre Ali and Araxleon, but the guys who have been active playing since the launch of the CP system are all well over 400 CPs. By next month we'll all be at 500 or higher. It's really not that difficult....

And like many people said, you and your "dozens" of guildmates are considered the 2% of hard core players. The majority is what the ZOS looks at and is what keeps this game afloat. The fact that you said you don't need to look at Richard Lamberts (who is the creative director) champion point reports is beyond absurd. Sorry, but I am going to have to take the games creative director numbers over your friends list.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 2:45AM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

dozens at 400-500 is not the same as 501+. don't inject context to make an argument you can't win when it was never made..... then i guess in your reality there is an argument and you are right simply because you made it. his/her point stands...

Oh sorry, I meant to say dozens at 500*, not 501.. :wink:
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO

This^

You're simply wrong.

READ it DOZENS AT 400-500 NOT 500!!!! thats a estimated range NOT an exact number!! you are the type ZoS should listen to? holy cow..... you can't even get a range estimate right without warping it to your "reality"

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

READ it DOZENS AT 400-500 NOT 500!!!! thats a estimated range NOT an exact number!! you are the type ZoS should listen to? holy cow..... you can't even get a range estimate right without warping it to your "reality"

Ok since it's an estimated number range, there could be a majority of those dozens of 400 to 500 sitting at 500 champion points right? I wasn't stating the exact number is 500. And of course not 501 (I wouldn't want you to suffer a brain aneurysm.)
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 3:08AM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

And like many people said, you and your "dozens" of guildmates are considered the 2% of hard core players. The majority is what the ZOS looks at and is what keeps this game afloat. The fact that you said you don't need to look at Richard Lamberts (who is the creative director) champion point reports is beyond absurd. Sorry, but I am going to have to take the games creative director numbers over your friends list.

You're consistently making very poor arguments. I'm well aware of who Rich Lambert is, you're throwing his name around like you're old pals. No I don't need to look at his "reports". An average based upon a large number of players who started the game when it became BTP doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. It's not surprising in interesting to me in any way.

My primary concern is for the players who are subscribers, who were already had a *max* Veteran character when the Champion system was launched. Statistics about *those* players would be far more interesting to me and I bet you'd find out of those players I am probably barely in the top quartile.

I simply stated "I know literally dozens of people in the 400-500+ CP range and I'm practically a recluse as far as MMOs go." to which you expressed and continue to express incredulity. Players with 400-500 CPs right now are not all that uncommon. Just step into Cyrodiil and you'll see them all over.

Whether my friends are in the top 2% of players is irrelevant. I'd say they are in the top 10% if I had to put them in a percentile. They're all very active players who have spent hundreds of dollars on this game to date and have supported it since Beta. They're the guys who are on PTS right now (along with me) testing this game. When ZoS holds townhall meetings with people to discuss issues and get feedback they are the type of players ZoS is paying attention to. We're not the largest group of players but you'll find that we are the highest spend players in the game per individual and the most loyal and dedicated to game itself (since we also have the largest investment in both time and money in the game).

The comments by you and other people in this thread that marginalizes our opinions because we're just a relatively small percentage of the player base is pretty ignorant. Active and hardcore gamers are the bread and butter of the gaming industry.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [quote

You're simply wrong.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you get to put negative labels on others to explain away your inefficiencies. .

Actually I think you're wrong. And thankfully,, it seems that more players disagree with you.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

You're simply wrong.

You're consistently making very poor arguments. I'm well aware of who Rich Lambert is, you're throwing his name around like you're old pals. No I don't need to look at his "reports". An average based upon a large number of players who started the game when it became BTP doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. It's not surprising in interesting to me in any way.

My primary concern is for the players who are subscribers, who were already had a *max* Veteran character when the Champion system was launched. Statistics about *those* players would be far more interesting to me and I bet you'd find out of those players I am probably barely in the top quartile.

I simply stated "I know literally dozens of people in the 400-500+ CP range and I'm practically a recluse as far as MMOs go." to which you expressed and continue to express incredulity. Players with 400-500 CPs right now are not all that uncommon. Just step into Cyrodiil and you'll see them all over.

Whether my friends are in the top 2% of players is irrelevant. I'd say they are in the top 10% if I had to put them in a percentile. They're all very active players who have spent hundreds of dollars on this game to date and have supported it since Beta. They're the guys who are on PTS right now (along with me) testing this game. When ZoS holds townhall meetings with people to discuss issues and get feedback they are the type of players ZoS is paying attention to. We're not the largest group of players but you'll find that we are the highest spend players in the game per individual and the most loyal and dedicated to game itself (since we also have the largest investment in both time and money in the game).

The comments by you and other people in this thread that marginalizes our opinions because we're just a relatively small percentage of the player base is pretty ignorant. Active and hardcore gamers are the bread and butter of the gaming industry.

And the fact that you are marginalizing every hardcore gamer as someone who shares the same opinion about the champion cap as your own and ignoring the reason why I am bringing up Richard Lamberts name in the first place ( the fact that he took the time to respond to this forum post with a champion point numbers report his team has data mined to help clear up arguments from people like you) and the fact you are refusing to take a look at this report from the Elder Scrolls Online freakin game creative director is pretty ignorant as well.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 4:13AM
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually if you read my description of the business model you'll see that casuals are the bread and butter of this game. What you're stating applies in Subscription games where the object is player retention, which ESO once was, yet in a Buy to Play model new players trump all. It doesn't matter whether they play every single day or only twice a month. If they buy the DLC, the business model is working. It may seem cynical but there isn't much incentive to cater to veterans in this model. They're the most likely subset of the community to quit, they're likely to come BACK to the game after a new DLC launches (and pay for it), and they'll always have complaints that the game is becoming more new player friendly. Yet making it new player friendly is exactly how the BUY TO PLAY model survives because there aren't enough veterans to override the hoards of people who pick up ESO, try it for a bit, then barely play having forked over their $60.

Even ESO+ is no consolation as new players are likely to pick up a subscription to speed up their catch up time while veterans are more likely to abandon their subscriptions having greatly reduced need of its benefits.
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    Cap is simply too low almost one year after CP patch launced for PC players.

They are giving longterm players the middle finger, and will 100% guaranteed lose lots of subs and longtimers over this if it goes live.

Huge fail in other words, and my guild is already talking about other mmos after orsinum AKA "SLEEP MODE PATCH" launches to send all their subs and longtimers away from their game.

Ridiculous. The 500Cp Cap will affect less than .1% of their player base. a few hundred players at most out of the hundreds of thousands active.

90% of my friends already have 400+ CPs. The majority of the people I compete against and interacted with daily are in the 400-500+ range and will be capped by Osrinium launch.

The active player base is not *that* large.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that players like you and I, Ezareth, are highly undesired and are always going to be hated in this game. Not because of CP, but because we're good players. Right now people blame CPs for their downfalls (ignoring exactly how easy it is to obtain them. Hell, if I had wanted to grind I probably could have 1.5k+ CP by now lol), and will continue to find other reasons to blame for their lack of knowledge or ability to be effective in what they do.
    I've been in TS plenty of times when you and @Suru are theory crafting for stamina builds and discussing the effectiveness of different abilities, Cinn and I have been in TS and have done the same for our magicka builds. We have learned where to effectively place CP, or what enchants are most effective, or what gear will work best, and how to balance sustain vs. damage in PvP. Players like us take the time to intricately plan out and test our builds. We will always be the players that are more successful than others because we have taken the time to learn the game and its skills/abilties/passives in and out.

People in this thread want players who have played since launch to sit back and be shoved in a corner, yet don't realize that their cries for "fairness" are hypocritical. Months of progression are being robbed from those of us who have spent time actively playing ZoS' game from the beginning, testing things, identifying bugs, and are the reason the game has gotten to this point because we have been loyal, yes, LOYAL from the start. The CP system was implemented to give players the progression we didn't have. I believe ZoS' best decision could be to cap CP, overall, at 1200 and call it good. That gives every single player a reasonable goal. Implement a catch-up system, allow players to reach 250 CP easily, and then have the same, normal progression from there that we have all had to deal with since the system was released. The issue I see with a majority of players right now is that they want free handouts. The CP system should not be a free-welfare program for you all, but I do agree that there is a need for a catch-up mechanic. But not both. Either cap CP seasonally, keeping the total at 3600, or cap CP total to 1200 and allow a catch-up mechanic. You should not be given both. We have all had to work for our CP, players behind should have to as well.

Pat yourself on the back much? Lol.
    Options
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you had lived through the unbelievably long string of falsehoods that have been told to players by ZOS since Beta, trying to use Lambert's doctored phony stats in an argument here would be simply beyond embarrassing. There is no way the average PC player (most of whom got 70 free cp) is in the 90's, unless Lambert is doing this:

10,000 people who got 70 free cp, and left the game before they got to 75.

500 people who play actively and average about 500

EQUALS "average" cp of "players" in the 90's

As they say, "Torture numbers and they'll confess to anything." Welcome to ZOSspeak . . . .
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSemaj wrote: »

Actually if you read my description of the business model you'll see that casuals are the bread and butter of this game. What you're stating applies in Subscription games where the object is player retention, which ESO once was, yet in a Buy to Play model new players trump all. It doesn't matter whether they play every single day or only twice a month. If they buy the DLC, the business model is working. It may seem cynical but there isn't much incentive to cater to veterans in this model. They're the most likely subset of the community to quit, they're likely to come BACK to the game after a new DLC launches (and pay for it), and they'll always have complaints that the game is becoming more new player friendly. Yet making it new player friendly is exactly how the BUY TO PLAY model survives because there aren't enough veterans to override the hoards of people who pick up ESO, try it for a bit, then barely play having forked over their $60.

Even ESO+ is no consolation as new players are likely to pick up a subscription to speed up their catch up time while veterans are more likely to abandon their subscriptions having greatly reduced need of its benefits.

^This, what a well said post.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 5:29AM
    Options
  • Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    I still say that they should have a curved scaling on CP XP, and then just refund everyone the CP xp they currently have. It would be a good way to "reset", and give an illusion of progression to hard-core players / grinders (It might take 8 hours a day for a month with XP pots to get 1 CP, but hey, to each their own! - at the high levels, 720+)
    Options