Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Oh wow I get banned for revealing exploits and you can just post them ? No way

Other exploits:
    You can have 2 volatile familiar pets at the same time
    Using concealed weapons out of Batform results in an unbreakable stun
    Templars can bug out biting jabs to hit a target, and the entire damage blows up after some seconds, just one shotting the target.

@Dracane
    How do you reproduce the 2 volatile familiar pets exploit?
    Can anybody else confirm the concealed weapons out of batform resulting in unbreakable stun bug because @Lava_Croft is not able to reproduce it?
    Templar Jabs being a channeled ability + server lag might be the issue here, but I honestly don't know.

Yes, I know all of this :) And I even made a thread about it, describing everything. But Zenimax removed it and warned me. I will not do the same mistake 2 times.

And also a bug that should be added, Shield Breaker is the only effect not being affected by the Battle Spirit debuff. This is a known issue and it's still there.

I'll add this! Thank you!

I can explain the volatile bug, but when I get banned again, I will ban you from my in game friends list :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow I get banned for revealing exploits and you can just post them ? No way

Other exploits:
    You can have 2 volatile familiar pets at the same time
    Using concealed weapons out of Batform results in an unbreakable stun
    Templars can bug out biting jabs to hit a target, and the entire damage blows up after some seconds, just one shotting the target.

@Dracane
    How do you reproduce the 2 volatile familiar pets exploit?
    Can anybody else confirm the concealed weapons out of batform resulting in unbreakable stun bug because @Lava_Croft is not able to reproduce it?
    Templar Jabs being a channeled ability + server lag might be the issue here, but I honestly don't know.

Yes, I know all of this :) And I even made a thread about it, describing everything. But Zenimax removed it and warned me. I will not do the same mistake 2 times.

And also a bug that should be added, Shield Breaker is the only effect not being affected by the Battle Spirit debuff. This is a known issue and it's still there.

I'll add this! Thank you!

I can explain the volatile bug, but when I get banned again, I will ban you from my in game friends list :D

Don't do it here then. You can private message me. :wink:
    Edited by Xantaria on September 22, 2015 1:50PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xilc wrote: »
    Geemarc wrote: »
    Is Wrecking Blow bugged or intended to perma stun in PvP now?

That's probably due to lag and issues with CC immunity.

None of the bugs I've demonstrated in my YouTube videos are listed here.
    • Overload Sorc Ability consistently freezes and does nothing
    • Daedric Summoning pets occasionally freeze, do nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAMYrZ8aCII

As far as I can see I can agree with the pets not working, but your overload does work ... the attack animation is missing though, so I'll add that. Thank you for the demonstration.

Options
  • Aconight
    Aconight
    ✭✭✭
    @Xantaria they changed the tooltop for Guard this patch:

" Warp the space around you to intercept (x) projectiles targeting your allies, taking the damage yourself instead.
    While toggled, costs (x) Stamina each second and an additional (x) Stamina for each projectile you intercept." <- last patch

and added "While toggled stamina does regenerate" to make the skill "viable" now that you don't otherwise regen stamina while blocking.

If it wasn't supposed to mean that you're supposed to regen stamina while blocking, then i don't see why they would add that tooltip this patch, but ofc i could be wrong :)

Last patch: Guard active = regen stamina while blocking - and while not blocking
    This patch: Guard active= no stamina regen while blocking - but stamina regen while not blocking

Last patch: no tooltip saying "while toggled stamina does regenerate"
    This patch: tooltip added "while toggled stamina does regenerate"

I hope it makes sense

EDIT: just noticed you wrote that the tooltip said that before too, i had never noticed that, but if it did then ofc theres no bug :) ... doesn't make sense tho (i'm pretty sure it didnt say that before tho..)
    Edited by Aconight on September 22, 2015 2:18PM
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aconight wrote: »

" Warp the space around you to intercept (x) projectiles targeting your allies, taking the damage yourself instead.
    While toggled, costs (x) Stamina each second and an additional (x) Stamina for each projectile you intercept." <- last patch

and added "While toggled stamina does regenerate" to make the skill "viable" now that you don't otherwise regen stamina while blocking.

If it wasn't supposed to mean that you're supposed to regen stamina while blocking, then i don't see why they would add that tooltip this patch, but ofc i could be wrong :)

Last patch: Guard active = regen stamina while blocking - and while not blocking
    This patch: Guard active= no stamina regen while blocking - but stamina regen while not blocking

I hope it makes sense

If this tooltip is new then I'm mistaken here, sorry. I'll add it then! Thanks!
    Edited by Xantaria on September 22, 2015 2:18PM

Options
  • Aconight
    Aconight
    ✭✭✭
    Aconight wrote: »

I hope it makes sense

If this tooltip is new then I'm mistaken here, sorry. I'll add it then! Thanks!

When you said it was in the tooltip before i got a little unsure, but i've asked around and looked at old screenshots and it wasn't there :)
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I think I updated everything (you people have been posting a lot) :)

Options
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the camo hunter + beast trap exploit listed. This is rather nasty -- it allows one player to wipe out an entire party without engaging in combat and loot thousands of TV. Apparently the rearming happens multiple times per second and it increases damage to ridiculous amounts -- 25K is common and I've heard of over 50K. It can also leaves the victims in a broken state unable to interact with the environment or even resurrect properly. You have to logout, login and face the long loading screen and the possibility of getting booted from IC/Cyrodiil. And while solo players doing this is bad if a team decides to take advantage of this they can use it to bottle everyone inside their starting area in a zone making the sewers all but unplayable until a large enough zerg with the right skills can break thru and sweep the sewers clean. This has "game breaking exploit" written all over it.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the camo hunter + beast trap exploit listed. This is rather nasty -- it allows one player to wipe out an entire party without engaging in combat and loot thousands of TV. Apparently the rearming happens multiple times per second and it increases damage to ridiculous amounts -- 25K is common and I've heard of over 50K. It can also leaves the victims in a broken state unable to interact with the environment or even resurrect properly. You have to logout, login and face the long loading screen and the possibility of getting booted from IC/Cyrodiil. And while solo players doing this is bad if a team decides to take advantage of this they can use it to bottle everyone inside their starting area in a zone making the sewers all but unplayable until a large enough zerg with the right skills can break thru and sweep the sewers clean. This has "game breaking exploit" written all over it.

This^^^ is the kind of stuff that needs a quick fix, when there is a chance to lose stones or anything else, the bugs that are being exploited need to be on the top of the list. And if there is no quick fix they need to be turned off until there is.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings Zenimax / Players,

Encase (Sorcerer): This ability's radius is much smaller than displayed.

It's also much smaller than described by the tool tip. @Dracane posted this a while ago:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/210868/encase-and-its-morphs-are-not-working-as-intended/p1
    And when it was ignored @yeso112860 posted this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2236085#Comment_2236085

So I'm wonder @ZOS_GinaBruno have you all forgotten about this or is it simply not a priority?
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the north American server!

I'm on the EU...
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case it hasn't been posted here yet, there's an exploit being used in the IC Sewers that has to do with Re-arming trap. It's one shotting people and some entire groups. It needs a fix asap. This one cannot wait for a DLC Update and needs a Hotfix done pretty quickly. There are multiple users doing this on PC NA. I submitted a bug report the other day on it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_RichLambert any help you guys can provide on a fix for the Trap exploit would be greatly appreciated. People are loosing thousands of Tel Var stones to this exploit daily. These people clearly know it's a cheat and continue to use it.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    In case it hasn't been posted here yet, there's an exploit being used in the IC Sewers that has to do with Re-arming trap. It's one shotting people and some entire groups. It needs a fix asap. This one cannot wait for a DLC Update and needs a Hotfix done pretty quickly. There are multiple users doing this on PC NA. I submitted a bug report the other day on it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_RichLambert any help you guys can provide on a fix for the Trap exploit would be greatly appreciated. People are loosing thousands of Tel Var stones to this exploit daily. These people clearly know it's a cheat and continue to use it.

@ontheleftcoast
    @Robbmrp
    I have contacted Rich Lambert personally and he forwarded this issue to the Q&A team already 4 days ago. I'm avoiding this issue in my compendium to keep this as silent as possible. We don't want everybody starting to abuse that, do we? Let's hope for a hotfix. Worst case this will stick around until next weeks patch ... we'll see.

I've added a point refering to that Issue in the Exploit section.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 22, 2015 4:46PM

Options
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Experienced today after the 2.1.7 patch (Mac).

After exiting combat (intermittently), the cursor doesn't react to objects that can be interacted with i.e corpse. Crosshairs stay open and no 'E' pops up. Only way to clear that I've come across is to log out and back in (done this over 8 times in the past few hours, which is a pain). /reloadui has no effect on this.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria awesome to hear!
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced today after the 2.1.7 patch (Mac).

After exiting combat (intermittently), the cursor doesn't react to objects that can be interacted with i.e corpse. Crosshairs stay open and no 'E' pops up. Only way to clear that I've come across is to log out and back in (done this over 8 times in the past few hours, which is a pain). /reloadui has no effect on this.

I've run into a similar problem.. the only thing that clears it (and not 100%) is swapping weapons. If that doesn't work then I have to log out/in again. PC/NA player here.
    Options
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIX THIS NOW DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!
    Options
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix all of this now!
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll put this here, seems ignored where I thought it should be.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/216862/bug-piercing-mark-pve-and-pvp-issue#latest

PVE
    When you cast Piercing Mark (Nightblade morph of Mark Target) on a moving mob the mob stands in place but isn't there they keep moving but you see them at the position where they are marked. They will start moving again, but again will not be where they are... their true position is as if they kept moving as they were and not for when they stopped moving when marked. I can confirm it operates like this with piercing mark, I assume it's the same with all the version of mark target.

PVP
    Is Piercing mark supposed to be purgeable? Being it's the only true counter to dark cloak and stealth, should it be affected by purge? It's not affected by dark cloak (you can not remove it with dark cloak, but you can remove it with cleanse and purges). I get why it would be unaffected by dark cloak, but shouldn't it also be unaffected by purges?

To clarify more on the pve issue, basically at the point you "mark" any mobile target it becomes desynced in position. ie where you see them on screen is not where they actually are. You can't use any melee attacks on them because where you see them the aren't. You can use ranged abilities, ambush, crit charge etc. But you will move to a location where the mob you see isn't at, and by the 2nd attack they usually warp back to their true position.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll put this here, seems ignored where I thought it should be.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/216862/bug-piercing-mark-pve-and-pvp-issue#latest

PVE
    When you cast Piercing Mark (Nightblade morph of Mark Target) on a moving mob the mob stands in place but isn't there they keep moving but you see them at the position where they are marked. They will start moving again, but again will not be where they are... their true position is as if they kept moving as they were and not for when they stopped moving when marked. I can confirm it operates like this with piercing mark, I assume it's the same with all the version of mark target.

PVP
    Is Piercing mark supposed to be purgeable? Being it's the only true counter to dark cloak and stealth, should it be affected by purge? It's not affected by dark cloak (you can not remove it with dark cloak, but you can remove it with cleanse and purges). I get why it would be unaffected by dark cloak, but shouldn't it also be unaffected by purges?

To clarify more on the pve issue, basically at the point you "mark" any mobile target it becomes desynced in position. ie where you see them on screen is not where they actually are. You can't use any melee attacks on them because where you see them the aren't. You can use ranged abilities, ambush, crit charge etc. But you will move to a location where the mob you see isn't at, and by the 2nd attack they usually warp back to their true position.

Typical Desync issue, yep. I've played Path of Exile :') . Marking a mob seems to make his position client sided (predicted), whereas his true position is unknown to you. When trying to damage the mob in meelee range you can not hit it because it's at a different position on the server. Trying to damage it will also force a resync from the server which leads to the warping you noticed. After the warp you should be seeing the correct position. Atleast for that moment. I wonder why marking a target is client sided ... but well ... this goes deep into their netcode. Desync issues are not easy to fix. I will add this later!

Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Typical Desync issue, yep. I've played Path of Exile :') . Marking a mob seems to make his position client sided (predicted), whereas his true position is unknown to you. When trying to damage the mob in meelee range you can not hit it because it's at a different position on the server. Trying to damage it will also force a resync from the server which leads to the warping you noticed. After the warp you should be seeing the correct position. Atleast for that moment. I wonder why marking a target is client sided ... but well ... this goes deep into their netcode. Desync issues are not easy to fix. I will add this later!

The question to add to it is "is this working like that in pvp?".

Because, I just assume some people are lagsploiting so you can't attack them in melee range. There are still plenty of the "lag induced play style" people out there. But, perhaps it's also desyncing players positions as it does mobs. Would explain some of the melee range bs and the warping corpses you see from time to time.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP
    Purge is supposed to rid you of Mark Target and always has.

Dark Cloak removes DoT's and Mark Target is not a DoT.

Edited by Lava_Croft on September 22, 2015 6:14PM
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    PVP

Fair enough point on dark cloak, I know it used to say effects but it currently just says damage over time (sans effects).

But I'm just pointing out the absurdity of having the only way of single target stealth prevention being trivially eliminated by the biggest offender of stealth/invis abuse.

Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP

Fair enough point on dark cloak, I know it used to say effects but it currently just says damage over time (sans effects).

But I'm just pointing out the absurdity of having the only way of single target stealth prevention being trivially eliminated by the biggest offender of stealth/invis abuse.
    'Trivial' meaning people have to dedicate a slot on their skill bar just to be able to Purge Mark Target?

And eh, abuse? Never knew I've been abusing since I started playing in March last year. Thanks for letting me know.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on September 22, 2015 6:39PM
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not even saying it should be nerfed, just asking for clarification if the ability is intended to be easily purged.

I can tell you this though, you can't do this as a stamina nightblade. So, on top of everything in favor of magicka nightblades right now is the ability to remove the only way of preventing them from cloaking and cloaking intended.

That's what will get cloak nerfed imo, and if you listen to the devs they are already looking at a cloak nerf, when the fact that magicka nightblades are just purging piercing might be the bulk of the problem.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even saying it should be nerfed, just asking for clarification if the ability is intended to be easily purged.

I can tell you this though, you can't do this as a stamina nightblade. So, on top of everything in favor of magicka nightblades right now is the ability to remove the only way of preventing them from cloaking and cloaking intended.

That's what will get cloak nerfed imo, and if you listen to the devs they are already looking at a cloak nerf, when the fact that magicka nightblades are just purging piercing might be the bulk of the problem.
    Given the fact that nearly every competent Magicka Nightblade is now a competent Stamina Nightblade, your statement comes across as false.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I purge piercing marks and want to keep purging them.

Got ya, thanks for clarifying.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Lava Croft stated (I'm also pretty sure about this) it is intended that the mark is purgable.

Let me be the weird Zenimax guy here:

I know opinions can vary bla bla please bash each other in private chat <3

Options
  • amgaladhb16_ESO
    amgaladhb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Xantaria thanks for maintaining this.

The bug I want to report is related to the DK skill empowering chain.
    On the description it is highlighted that it provide empower for you next skill similar to the buff provided by the mage guild 20% on your next attack, however for the DK skill when I test it, it is only provided to stamina ability and not to magicka ability, whereas other ability providing the same bonus is working at least by abilities using the same ressource (ie magicka ability buffing at least magicka skill and stamina skill buff stamina Skill).
    An easy fix would be to provide buff to the 2 type of skill (which will be indeed online with the description) or at least to magicka skill as this triggered by magicka (but in this case you will need in addition to adjust the skill description).

Thanks
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is intended/bug. This might be really stupid but here goes:

Is it intended that V16 mobs in IC only drop V15 glyphs? My character is also V16. I was slightly dissapointed that all the glyphs dropped from V16 mobs were V15 ( therefore won't yield V16 runes when deconstructing). In past iterations, runes have always been a level range, eg V10-V14 and it didn't matter as much. Now, however since runes are only tied to one level it's rather frustrating to be getting V15 glyphs from V16 mobs.

The V16 mobs also seem to be dropping V15 gear, but unlike enchanting , you can use the material gained from deconstructing V15 gear, in order to craft V16 gear. ( So, not so much of an issue). This does add then, yet another layer of grinding to get V16 gear, since you can't get V16 glyphs to decon. ( I understand that this may be intended by ZOS, based on the direction that obtaining gear/motufs/crafting materials seems to be headed in)

I know you can get V16 runes by buying them with TV stones, or getting lucky with a specific mob dropping a v16 rune (the 70k one).( Not sure if there are more ways though).

So my question is, is it intended or a bug. Of course if anyone has received a V16 glyph from killing a V16 mob , then I will continue searching for those, in order to deconstruct them :smiley:

Many thanks.

EDIT: For clarity. Glyphs were picked up in sewers/districts. ( not dungeons). P'S now that I think of it, I've only come across V15 alchemy water and V15 recipes. So I'm wondering if V16 recipes/alchemy water/ glyphs/pvp vendor gear have been left out of this update. (Either on purpose or by accident). Or I might just be unlucky and not have seen any).
    Edited by angelyn on September 22, 2015 11:24PM
    Options