The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.1

• Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really assume the Argonian racial passive was a simple error. A 2% increase to the bonus from potions... every 45 seconds. I assume they also doubled our 3% hp bonus to 6% like they did with Nords and with Wood Elf stamina??? Please??? AT LEAST????

To be honest, I was expecting a meaningless change to Argonian passives, alongside something like "Increased swim speed boost to +53% from +50%", but I was really, REALLY hoping to be pleasantly surprised. <Sigh>
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some really great stuff in here. Really like the Nerien'eth buff.

Did the Bolt Escape nerf get removed?
    Edited by Stalwart385 on July 28, 2015 7:07PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could I get a little clarity into "The Battle Spirit buff has been adjusted and now has 30% more damage reduction, 35% less healing received, and 50% less damage shield strength"? Damage shields already were nerfed 15% in Cyrodiil (just like healing). Does this mean damage shields will now be nerfed by 65% or is this a typo and/or miscommunication?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    - Without the stam regen there is no reason for anyone to be a WW in PvP.

No reason to be a werewolf in PvE, either. I cannot see anyone being a werewolf now other than roleplay.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno nothing about fixed Templar Charge GCD? Or Jabs CC? And where is promised by Eric changes in skills that should favor blocking?
    Edited by Cinbri on July 28, 2015 7:30PM
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭

Ball Lightning (Bolt Escape morph): Reduced the duration of the orbs from this ability to 1.5 seconds from 6.5 seconds.
    But if we have a high recast cost (as mentioned on a recent "ESO Live!" and use this to catch projectiles why nerf the time the ball lasts?

Because it's being used effectively as an even stronger version of Reflective Scales (6.5 seconds vs 4 seconds). Bolt not to run away, but to hide behind the orb, completely nullifying a large portion (or potentially all) incoming caster damage. As a NB caster this is one of the best patch notes since the game has launched.

Destruction Staff
    Frost Touch and its morphs will no longer apply a half-second stun to the target.
    So what takes its place?

It's always had a short stun + immobilize. Now it's just an immobilize.

Edited by Draehl on July 28, 2015 7:09PM
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Gallifreyy
    Gallifreyy
    ✭✭✭
    why do you just want to kill PVE tanks?
    CP1000+
    Gallifreyy - DragonKnight - Imperial - EP
    Death by Tray - Nightblade - Dunmer - EP
    Moustacheasaurs - Templar - Dunmer - EP
    Zerief - Sorcerer - High Elf - EP
    Afro Leap - DragonKnight - Redguard - DC
    + 4 other Lvl 50s
    DK IS BACK
  • Crystelle
    Crystelle
    ✭✭✭
    "Proximity Detonation (Magicka Detonation morph): This ability is now an instant cast. We also increased the detonation time to 8 seconds, and reduced the damage by 28% to compensate."

So it's gonna be even harder to kill zergs now?
    Havoc
    Crystelle - EP DK
    Crystelle Blade - EP NB
    Crystelle Fragments - EP Sorc
    Crystelle Radiant - EP Temp
    Crystëlle - DC NB
    Crystelle Hurricane - EP sSorc
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how many of the exploits have Been >FIXED< and are there actual perma bans for abusing them for the past 6 months???? At the very least tell us if they have been fixed......
    Edited by OGLezard on July 28, 2015 7:14PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

BASE-GAME PATCH

Cyrodiil Campaign Changes
    Campaigns are undergoing rule changes for encouraging different styles of gameplay within the campaigns, including non-veteran campaigns now lasting 7 days instead of 5 days.

<> not equals
    • Blackwater Blade (non-Veteran only): Ownership of keeps, resources, Elder Scrolls, and outposts will generate one point each per scoring cycle, and lasts 5 days.

Whoops - Blackwater should be 7 days, not 5 as listed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    • Vampire
    o Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.

Why... Why nerf Vampirism again..?

The difference between a vampire and a werewolf is that the vampire is PERMANTELY! in their monster form, they carry both weaknesses and strengths at the same time! Give us back our Supernatural Recovery passive, without the need to slot an ability! Its -core- to the vampire experience in ESO, do not take it away please =/

This makes no sense, both in terms of game mechanics AND lore. Even your own lore-writers state that vampires of noxiphilic sanguivoria gain increased health regeneration, yet in the actual game its an outright decrease.

Please, make vampires into a more true elder scrolls experience.. instead of this stuff where you're watering it down to nothing but another skill-line. As a vampire-lorewhore, this is outright depressing to see.

Also please leave our weakness alone, there is no need to decrease it further =/

Well, Werewolves have been nerfed far more... actually, I wouldn´t be surprised if 80% of pvp players will be vampires, after the survivability buff. Being "forced" to slot the "totally underpowered" vamp skills won´t stop anyone. Time for at least a symbolic daytime debuff like decreased stamina regeneration, and a buff at night time.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything about the Toppling Charge fix (getting stuck), I remember Eric said you guys fixed it with this update, I hope you guys just forgot to write it.

And the Nord passive is a joke since the cold resist doesn't even work even though there is almost no cold damage in game and the max health from %3 to %6 is a joke right? I mean if you guys want to make more money just give us race change...
  • Body_Bagz
    Body_Bagz
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Not sure if I missed it, but we're fire resistance glyphs/passives increased in this update?
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Does the change to Siphoning Strikes' Magicka and Stamina return also go over to Leeching Strikes' Health return?

And why is this no longer a toggle? It was the only toggle in the Nightblade Arsenal, and it was really cool.. Now when its just an active ability it sounds rather lame in comparison to before.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Also, great nerf to bow passives speed utility. We can finally file the bows use solely under sneak attack openers for stamblades.

I personally have a huge issue with this nerf as a DK bow user. So everyone has easy access to rapid manuver... in addition, sorcs have bolt escape and NBs have cloak (and other skills) for mobility... DKs and Templars had only bow passive to provide them some mobility... we decided to take that away? I guess we really just want players spamming proxi det and steel tornado huh? @ZOS_BrianWheeler not a fan of this change.. I guess i'll put the bow away and get my aoe bar going
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Body_Bagz wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Not sure if I missed it, but we're fire resistance glyphs/passives increased in this update?

Check under Crafting & Economy, under the Enchanting header.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I interpreted the change to Siphoning Strikes to mean simply slotting it gave you the effect. I'm already worried the skill has been ruined by removing the % based resource return, but if they made it something you have to recast too... I'd like my toggle and 17% damage reduction back, please and thank you.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Merged into later post.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 28, 2015 7:36PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    Body_Bagz wrote: »

Check under Crafting & Economy, under the Enchanting header.

Thank you for the reply.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    Magicka Detonation: This ability now adds bonus damage for the amount of targets hit by it with 5% per target, up to a maximum of 25%.

Leave it to ZoS to hear feedback on something and screw up the implementation. Maxing this ability out (along with other changes) makes it just as bad. If it's for anti-zerging, it should have no max or an extremely high max. With that change, it still gives zergs the advantage against a smaller force (even more so with insta-cast).

YES THIS^^^^

They need to make magick detonation the true anti zerg ability. 30 people grouped up within 10m of each other should be decimated with one cast of this just to discourage stacking up like that.

Yes because that's balance...

Also why no DSA and Trial increase? Are you trying to kill what PvE was left in this game?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought buff servers were going away but I didn't see any notes relating to PvP buffs not applying to PvE.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So battle spirit...
    The Battle Spirit buff has been adjusted and now has 30% more damage reduction, 35% less healing received, and 50% less damage shield strength.

So this is on top of what is already in place or those are the values they will be? Either way; it seems to be a heavier hit on shields, then healing while damage is least affected. What about abilities that heal based on damage? Or damage based on shield strength (blazing shield)? Are those not affected twice?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    - Without the stam regen there is no reason for anyone to be a WW in PvP.

No reason to be a werewolf in PvE, either. I cannot see anyone being a werewolf now other than roleplay.

But remember, the combat team wants werewolf to 'feel more like an ultimate' so I wouldn't expect to make a return on my skill point investment often or to any great amount.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought buff servers were going away but I didn't see any notes relating to PvP buffs not applying to PvE.

Good point that was missing if it still going in...
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone please answer the following:

Damage and healing in Cyrodiil pvp are both reduced further in this update. NB's first siphoning skill Strife and it's morphs provide healing ticks based on the damage it does.

Will this skill be double-smacked by a reduction to the initial damage, which reduces the amount healed, AND THEN have the healing ticks reduced, or is it not considered a "heal" as far as Cyrodiil is concerned?

If it is doubly reduced in it's effectiveness, I hope that would be considered an oversight, because that is a powerful reduction in the skills effectiveness in pvp, and I doubt it was intended.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Might you have an answer for me please?
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone making fun of ZOS about small patch notes. They were like oh yeah? Drops epitome.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,

Awesome job everyone on all the changes and fixes! Thank you for all your hard work! It's greatly appreciated!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    • Vampire
    o Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.

Why... Why nerf Vampirism again..?

The difference between a vampire and a werewolf is that the vampire is PERMANTELY! in their monster form, they carry both weaknesses and strengths at the same time! Give us back our Supernatural Recovery passive, without the need to slot an ability! Its -core- to the vampire experience in ESO, do not take it away please =/

This makes no sense, both in terms of game mechanics AND lore. Even your own lore-writers state that vampires of noxiphilic sanguivoria gain increased health regeneration, yet in the actual game its an outright decrease.

Please, make vampires into a more true elder scrolls experience.. instead of this stuff where you're watering it down to nothing but another skill-line. As a vampire-lorewhore, this is outright depressing to see.

Also please leave our weakness alone, there is no need to decrease it further =/
    • WW now also only gains it's recovery bonus while having the WW ultimate on its bar.
    • Nerf? You now only take 25% bonus damage from fire as opposed to 40% (was 50%). If only the class I played got such "nerfs."
    • If you are going to cite Lore, be sure to mention what happened when your Vampire in Oblivion took a walk on a nice sunny day. *Poof*.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »
    Ball Lightning (Bolt Escape morph): Reduced the duration of the orbs from this ability to 1.5 seconds from 6.5 seconds.
    But if we have a high recast cost (as mentioned on a recent "ESO Live!") and use this to catch projectiles why nerf the time the ball lasts?

Because it's being used effectively as an even stronger version of Reflective Scales (6.5 seconds vs 4 seconds). Bolt not to run away, but to hide behind the orb, completely nullifying a large portion (or potentially all) incoming caster damage.
    Then they can do what they did to Scales and limit the number of projectiles it absorbs in the (longer) duration. Simpler solution.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Without the stam regen there is no reason for anyone to be a WW in PvP.

You still receive the bonus from having it slotted, while not transformed, just to note. In some builds you only really rely on one ultimate skill activation in the first place and that won't change much from this. It was silly, in my opinion, to have the werewolf/vampire mechanic boil down to "If you aren't a vampire, you need to be a werewolf as there are zero downsides for it and a free stamina regeneration bonus."

Questions @ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom / @ZOS_KaiSchober !

:)

Champion System: Physical builds only need to maximize one star in The Ritual, "Mighty", to get a 25% bonus to all physical damage, and additionally get the extremely valuable Exploiter passive for the flat 10% early on for a cost of 100 champion points and the 12% critical chance passive. Spell builds, however, not only need to invest in the Mage section (30 points in) for their respective critical chance), but also have their attacks split into two sets of damage types which each take different champion investments (100 points maximum per star) resulting in a cost of 200 points to get the same benefit. For primarily elemental-based spell builds, they do not get the Exploiter passive in the process until much later in. Physical builds, meanwhile, can instead take the second 100-points' worth of investment and use it to boost their penetration, and critical damage stars, or move into immediately placing 30 points in The Atronarch section to get the Riposte and Retaliation passives long beforehand, in addition to a fairly small damage benefit in terms of overall DPS from the light/heavy attack boosts in that section.

Is there a potential change to merge the Thamaturge and Elemental Expert stars into one star under The Apprentice section to address this issue? While with enough champion points it can be worked around ultimately, it's an issue on the live servers and the upcoming DLC as it is since the vast, vast majority is nowhere near the rank to do so yet.

I'm also interested as far as... this:

The Apprentice mundus stone is being changed to spell power rather than spell penetration. Overall, medium armor passives exceed light armor ones significantly already, and with this change combined with the much slower ramp-up in spell boosts from the champion system, spell builds will be behind by a large margin on bypassing/reducing resistances on enemies and remain much lower on critical chance. Is this something being looked into to be changed, and if not, can we get a clarification as to the balance reasoning behind it? :)

For comparison:

-Light Armor drops to 25% of the mitigation amount of Heavy Armor versus 75% that Medium Armor provides
    -Light Armor has the same cost reduction (3% per piece equipped) as Medium Armor
    -Light Armor has no spell power bonus, while Medium Armor has a five-piece bonus providing 12% weapon power
    -Light Armor gets what amounts to roughly a 15% spell penetration bonus (which is overtaken by Maces in the weapon skill lines which provide up to 20%) on most targets from the Concentration passive, leaving it shy ~5% typically off the bat. (Destruction Staves have 10% that only applies to skills in that line, and only brings it a scrap ahead even then).
    -Light Armor has a spell critical chance bonus of 10% on Light Armor with a requirement of five pieces equipped vs. a 21% physical critical chance bonus on Medium Armor with no minimum piece requirement that scales at 3% per piece to the maximum.
    -Light Armor has a very small amount of spell resistance that is much lower than what wearing Medium Armor provides. Medium Armor also grants a large sneak cost reduction, dodge roll cost reduction, sprint speed boost, etc. to boot.

EDIT: -Additionally, there are only two magic weapon types (Destruction and Restoration staves) which have limited flexibility, and lack significant bonuses such as the flat 5% damage while still keeping your main resource's light/heavy attack available such as Dual Wielding swords, or the option to swap off to daggers for a flat 10% critical chance bonus, at the sacrifice of the extra penetration rating from maces that has them above staves in the first place. I did notice that there are a lot of itemization changes that will help bridge the long-standing gap between spell-oriented and physical/weapon-oriented sets, so at least on the Penetration end of things I'm more interested if this was taken into account when making them and may be tweaked depending on how PTS plays out.

The gap between Light and Medium's protection and raw power from passives is, however, a concern.
    :)

EDIT: Another question: The "Resistant" champion passive currently reduces incoming critical healing instead of just damage, a very negative side effect from its bug. Has this been fixed in this patch? I did not see a note regarding it :).

EDIT: Along with yet another couple:

-Has the Maw of the Infernal's proc criteria been improved, or just the strength of the summoned Daedroth? The Daedroth was already moderately useful, but was difficult to ever get to proc reliably at a chance of just 5% per second at maximum in most cases (light/heavy attacks) practically.

-Have the dropped sets in the Veteran Dungeons like Healing Staff of Thorns or Worm Cult, been updated to drop in VR16 varieties?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 28, 2015 7:39PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.