The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.1

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh... let the tickle war begin!!!

Don't worry ZOS we will find ways to ONESHOT noobs even if you have nerfed damage by 35%
    by one shot i think you mean a combination of skills hitting within 1 second?
    #MOREORBS
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incapacitating Strike (Teleport Strike morph): The stun from Incapacitating Strike will now properly grant CC immunity.
    That's a morph of Death Stroke, isn't it?
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing is really being nerfed so to speak, it's a complete combat system overhaul by the sounds of it. Just game re-balances that wouldn't work with the new combat system they have created. (pvp wise) these pve mob rebalances seem really nice too
    #MOREORBS
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Is there information out about what the new sets are?
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    Without the stam regen there is no reason for anyone to be a WW in PvP.

You still receive the bonus from having it slotted, while not transformed, just to note. In some builds you only really rely on one ultimate skill activation in the first place and that won't change much from this. It was silly, in my opinion, to have the werewolf/vampire mechanic boil down to "If you aren't a vampire, you need to be a werewolf as there are zero downsides for it and a free stamina regeneration bonus."

So, we're back to square 1 then? Slot ww only for a passive buff? First it was for the ultimate generation, now for stamian regeneration? Some people want to use the ww for more than a passive but this trend just keeps happening.
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    • Vampire
    o Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.

Why... Why nerf Vampirism again..?

The difference between a vampire and a werewolf is that the vampire is PERMANTELY! in their monster form, they carry both weaknesses and strengths at the same time! Give us back our Supernatural Recovery passive, without the need to slot an ability! Its -core- to the vampire experience in ESO, do not take it away please =/

This makes no sense, both in terms of game mechanics AND lore. Even your own lore-writers state that vampires of noxiphilic sanguivoria gain increased health regeneration, yet in the actual game its an outright decrease.

Please, make vampires into a more true elder scrolls experience.. instead of this stuff where you're watering it down to nothing but another skill-line. As a vampire-lorewhore, this is outright depressing to see.

Also please leave our weakness alone, there is no need to decrease it further =/
    • WW now also only gains it's recovery bonus while having the WW ultimate on its bar.
    • Nerf? You now only take 25% bonus damage from fire as opposed to 40% (was 50%). If only the class I played got such "nerfs."
    • If you are going to cite Lore, be sure to mention what happened when your Vampire in Oblivion took a walk on a nice sunny day. *Poof*.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I consider the 25% weakness a nerf oh' great replier.

I want vampires to be elder scrolls vampires, that is with its benefits, and weaknesses.

Let me burn in the sun like in Morrowind no matter the stage, and I will love this game forever - On the condition that the vampires get the equal strength too, naturally.

As for Werewolves, they should've never had an increase in recovery in human form to begin with. The big difference between vampirism and lycanthropy is that vampirism is permanent, carrying both weaknesses and strengths at all times. Where on the other hand Lycanthropy is a beastform, that the cursed humanoid can transform into, in order to get BOTH weaknesses and strengths.

The werewolf recovery nerf was long called for, lycanthropy nor vampirism should never be something you just take because its a buff. There should be equal strengths, and equal weaknesses. The current problem with vampirism is especially that Noxiphilic Sanguivoria is so watered down, that Lamae should be ashamed of being the first ever created vampire, and the progenitor to the first vampiric bloodline in the entirety of Nirn.

I would LOVE it if there were meaningful choices like that in this game, but with the flavor weaknesses being reduced more and more I doubt that'll be the case. If werewolves weren't so dependent on a regen crutch to get popularity there probably wouldn't be many around. I agree the recovery nerf was needed, and I like that they did do that, but they need to make being a werewolf or vampire a more engaging choice, with power and weaknesses, not just confetti.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, some of these combat changes seem to be fairly harsh (probably not intentionally harsh) to Stam Sorcerer builds. Can this be brought to Eroc Wrobels attention, possibly to get some compensatory buffs before this goes live in August?

With how things are going... I remember one of Gina's post from February 21st when she mentioned Eric was reading over our responses and didn't have time to write up a reply. I doubt sorcerer's are anywhere on the combat teams list of priorities.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Don't worry ZOS we will find ways to ONESHOT noobs even if you have nerfed damage by 35%

Nah i dont use macros but as a ganker now i'm worried to take aggro on level 10 to vr12 players since they will be battleleveled and basically invincible in a 1 v 1 fight.
    Signature

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    So battle spirit...
    The Battle Spirit buff has been adjusted and now has 30% more damage reduction, 35% less healing received, and 50% less damage shield strength.

So this is on top of what is already in place or those are the values they will be? Either way; it seems to be a heavier hit on shields, then healing while damage is least affected. What about abilities that heal based on damage? Or damage based on shield strength (blazing shield)? Are those not affected twice?

The way it was explained a few weeks ago is that healing/damage shields would both be 50% reduced, so I'm assuming the above note is "extra" and not "total"

Yeah, that is what I am thinking as well bur more in just clarifying. Either ways shields are getting nerfed more than heals, heals getting nerfed more than damage and most alarming to me is if something has 2 of those attributes, they take it double.

They said the desired effect was "to have health bars move around less" Meaning:
    • We won't die as fast to burst.
    • We won't recover from being low health as quickly or as easily as before.
    • We won't be completely unkillable via health shields, blocking, and dodging.

This is a very good thing. TTK can get a needed nerf, but bursters will still have a place in softening targets up. Since healers can't top their allies off as easily the burster will still have a good shot at killing their target, just not as ridiculously quickly, with no chance for the receiving player to respond.

Healers will need to manage resources more thoughtfully and spam less as their heals/shields will be less potent. Other considerations such as buffs/debuffs/CC will come into play as alternatives to raw healing.

Tanks will still be effective in PvP even with the block nerfs. With healing and shields being nerfed, and the pace of combat slowing down, they will be able to intelligently block and respond to assisting allies. They will be able to block less, true, but raw mitigation and the attacks they DO block will be all the more important. Again with the diminishing value of heals.

The net winner here is sustained damage/efficient type builds. I currently play this way on live, and its definitely at a competitive disadvantage to being a pure tank or pure nuker. I'm hoping these changes will bring all of the playstyles more into balance.

I think you are missing what I am getting at.
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭

No, I think hes talking about exploits, Like doing 5k damage with Camoflauge Hunter and killing you with no other damage listed in the death recap, but its the only skill listed, and you were at full health.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So battle spirit...
    The Battle Spirit buff has been adjusted and now has 30% more damage reduction, 35% less healing received, and 50% less damage shield strength.

So this is on top of what is already in place or those are the values they will be? Either way; it seems to be a heavier hit on shields, then healing while damage is least affected. What about abilities that heal based on damage? Or damage based on shield strength (blazing shield)? Are those not affected twice?

The way it was explained a few weeks ago is that healing/damage shields would both be 50% reduced, so I'm assuming the above note is "extra" and not "total"

Yeah, that is what I am thinking as well bur more in just clarifying. Either ways shields are getting nerfed more than heals, heals getting nerfed more than damage and most alarming to me is if something has 2 of those attributes, they take it double.

They said the desired effect was "to have health bars move around less" Meaning:

This is a very good thing. TTK can get a needed nerf, but bursters will still have a place in softening targets up. Since healers can't top their allies off as easily the burster will still have a good shot at killing their target, just not as ridiculously quickly, with no chance for the receiving player to respond.

Healers will need to manage resources more thoughtfully and spam less as their heals/shields will be less potent. Other considerations such as buffs/debuffs/CC will come into play as alternatives to raw healing.

Tanks will still be effective in PvP even with the block nerfs. With healing and shields being nerfed, and the pace of combat slowing down, they will be able to intelligently block and respond to assisting allies. They will be able to block less, true, but raw mitigation and the attacks they DO block will be all the more important. Again with the diminishing value of heals.

The net winner here is sustained damage/efficient type builds. I currently play this way on live, and its definitely at a competitive disadvantage to being a pure tank or pure nuker. I'm hoping these changes will bring all of the playstyles more into balance.
    The problem here is that Eric said that some skills was changed in favore of blocking, yet nothing in patchnotes
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    ok....so.... its the end of stamina nigthblade.....
    no problem, back to magika build.

Erm, no. Stam NB will still be really good...

yeah.... sure.....
    but magika will be better.
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭

yeah.... sure.....

Unless strife is getting the double-whammy I think it is in pvp, reduced damage-> reduced heal from it's effect AND reduced heal per tick. Plus I'm very worried about siphoning strikes not being % based anymore...
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    So battle spirit...

No, I get what you mean- IE skills like Funnel Health are potentially getting smacked twice as the penalty applies twice (damage, and healing). I was more justifying the overall decision as it outweighs any specific considerations as it will be better for the health of the PvP game overall. I should have clarified.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Yeah, I was really hoping Argonians would have racial passives that were improved, but I'm REALLY disappointed. Unless you're a healer Argonians STILL have the single worst passives.

Yep. 5/10/15% total resource gain wouldn't be out of line given the poor overall set of racials compared to the others. Not to mention requiring consumable use versus being truly passive.
    They should get some more passives that don't do much, like 2X regeneration when in water.

I'd like to see something like like Skyrim's "Histskin". Give Argonians a natural bump to armor (2/4/6%) with small base regeneration level (magicka and stam?). This would give them something unique, and something not out line with Argonians historically.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Bosmer gets a boost for more stamina added with their stamina regen. Now this is race better with stamina and regen.
    Altmer gets even more magic regen.
    Khajiit get 2% more crit chance and a 10% increase to stamina regen. A much welcome change.
    Orcs get 4% more melee damage. Nice little bonus since they already have good max health and max stamina.

and Nords get a health increase from 3% to 10% the bonus is nice but they could done better.

Argonians a 2% increase to a passive that only works when using a potion that has cool down between the range 30 sec and 45 secs depending on jewelry. So no new stat buff. No new stat increase. No increase in health like Nords or stamina increase like Bosmer. That is it. It is confirmed ZOS hates Argonians but for some reason loves Bosmer.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrBeatDown wrote: »

No, I think hes talking about exploits, Like doing 5k damage with Camoflauge Hunter and killing you with no other damage listed in the death recap, but its the only skill listed, and you were at full health.
    It's just an abuse of game mechanics which have been fixed inside thy patch notes
    #MOREORBS
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was really hoping Argonians would have racial passives that were improved, but I'm REALLY disappointed. Unless you're a healer Argonians STILL have the single worst passives.

Yep. 5/10/15% total resource gain wouldn't be out of line given the poor overall set of racials compared to the others. Not to mention requiring consumable use versus being truly passive.
    They should get some more passives that don't do much, like 2X regeneration when in water.

I'd like to see something like like Skyrim's "Histskin". Give Argonians a natural bump to armor (2/4/6%) with small base regeneration level (magicka and stam?). This would give them something unique, and something not out line with Argonians historically.

How would you feel about passive potion cooldown reduction? I chose Argonian because A) I love argonians and B ) they had the most "unique" passives in beta. A cool potion thing (no one else had that!) increased swim speed, and increased healing received. Now the only unique things we have are utterly underpowered and/or purely convenience/lore based and impractical.
    Edited by Ipsius on July 28, 2015 8:09PM
  • Asia_Skyly
    Asia_Skyly
    ✭✭✭
    That was impressive! So many amazing changes!
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrBeatDown wrote: »

It's just an abuse of game mechanics which have been fixed inside thy patch notes

I didnt read anything about the Sharpened mace exploit either.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one typo
    Poison will now scale off of Weaopn Power or Spell Power.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say how i truly feel about these patch notes, but thats not a good idea.....

I can honestly say, I was disappointed in the 1.6 notes, and i never thought anything could top that, but now they have.....this is just...just....

TdmTcdoN3egaQ.gif

Thats how i feel right now...
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on July 28, 2015 8:10PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Vallaris
    Vallaris
    Soul Shriven
    To GreatArgonianElder

First, and with respect: its Veteran ranking, not Veterinarian...we don't help animals in this game, we tend to kill them for XP ;p

Second: What do you think happens right now? You can already join a veteran campaign at level 10 and get battle levelled to level 50. While it is indeed possible to kill a Vet level 14 character with a level 10 battle levelled character, it is not easy. The bottom line is the level 10 player in a vet campaign will have very limited options when it comes to their skill tree and are really at a disadvantage.

I take all my characters to Cyrodil at level 10 and have never actually entered the non-vet campaign. I do so to do the starter quests, perhaps pick up a mundus stone that I want and get some easy skyshards. I usually end up getting four to six skillpoints that I normally would not have at that early level, so the risk is worth it.

I then usually throw myself into a little PvP...for a bit of fun only.

These level ten battle levelled characters aren't really too much of a threat to your Veteran characters so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Vallaris Hawkwing.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Vampire
    o Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.

Why... Why nerf Vampirism again..?

The difference between a vampire and a werewolf is that the vampire is PERMANTELY! in their monster form, they carry both weaknesses and strengths at the same time! Give us back our Supernatural Recovery passive, without the need to slot an ability! Its -core- to the vampire experience in ESO, do not take it away please =/

This makes no sense, both in terms of game mechanics AND lore. Even your own lore-writers state that vampires of noxiphilic sanguivoria gain increased health regeneration, yet in the actual game its an outright decrease.

Please, make vampires into a more true elder scrolls experience.. instead of this stuff where you're watering it down to nothing but another skill-line. As a vampire-lorewhore, this is outright depressing to see.

Also please leave our weakness alone, there is no need to decrease it further =/
    • WW now also only gains it's recovery bonus while having the WW ultimate on its bar.
    • Nerf? You now only take 25% bonus damage from fire as opposed to 40% (was 50%). If only the class I played got such "nerfs."
    • If you are going to cite Lore, be sure to mention what happened when your Vampire in Oblivion took a walk on a nice sunny day. *Poof*.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I consider the 25% weakness a nerf oh' great replier.

I want vampires to be elder scrolls vampires, that is with its benefits, and weaknesses.

Let me burn in the sun like in Morrowind no matter the stage, and I will love this game forever - On the condition that the vampires get the equal strength too, naturally.

As for Werewolves, they should've never had an increase in recovery in human form to begin with. The big difference between vampirism and lycanthropy is that vampirism is permanent, carrying both weaknesses and strengths at all times. Where on the other hand Lycanthropy is a beastform, that the cursed humanoid can transform into, in order to get BOTH weaknesses and strengths.

The werewolf recovery nerf was long called for, lycanthropy nor vampirism should never be something you just take because its a buff. There should be equal strengths, and equal weaknesses. The current problem with vampirism is especially that Noxiphilic Sanguivoria is so watered down, that Lamae should be ashamed of being the first ever created vampire, and the progenitor to the first vampiric bloodline in the entirety of Nirn.

I'm not a great replier. Just one that can see beyond my own self-interest who happens to have a modicum of objectivity. A vampire who slot the very good batswarm ultimate or the highly useful mistform will not have their regeneration effected in the slightest and only be buffed by this patch because she will take less damage from their alleged weakness in this patch (something that can now almost be completely and passively eliminated via the champion system).

You claim that vampirism should never be something you just take because it is a buff, but that is practically what the "watered down" version is. Free sneak speed, free damage reduction, access to a very good form of mobility/escape, and a powerful (and cheap) AoE ultimate, free regen just for slotting good skills, all for what price? The pale skin that butchers your work in the character creation process is more of a concern than the alleged fire vulnerability.

I have played a vamp for over a year, back in the days when you took 50% fire damage and no champion system passive to mitigate it. Whatever complaints people made about vamps being unable to complete content were either hearsay, overstated, or self-interested agendas to buff their own playstyle. I did City of Ash with all its fire, DSA with its fighter's guild bosses, Hel Ra with its Fire Spinners, etc. The forums weren't full of posts to nerf human NBs in Cyrodiil, but Vamps. In 95% of the time I am playing as a vamp, it is an unqualified buff and even then that may be an understatement.
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 28, 2015 8:12PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Going to start answering as many gameplay-related questions as we can, and will continue a little later -

It says you can dodge roll molten whip, but what about flame lash?
    When we list the base ability for a fix, it also applies to the morphs. So in this case, Flame Lash is included.

Robust has been replaced for ALL races, not just the Khajiits correct?
    The normal version of Robust remains unchanged for Orc and Nord. Khajiit now have Robust Constitution instead, which gives 20% health regeneration and 10% stamina regeneration, rather than 30% health regeneration.

Garion wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - can you clarify re: bolt escape? In ESO live it was suggested the cost increase would stack if recast within four seconds - it doesn't appear that this is the case based on your notes. Can you please confirm?
    This was our mistake; the change wasn’t included in the notes. The 50% cost increase for Bolt Escape now stacks for each cast within 4 seconds (and we'll make sure this gets added to the original post).

Would anyone be able to clarify the Siphoning Attacks change? So it's not a toggle, but not an activated skill either- more like an "always on" effect if on your bar? (I take it this means we won't need to have it on both skill bars to use seamlessly?)
    It’s an activated skill with a duration, so you are correct in that you don’t need to put it on both skill bars.

TheLaw wrote: »
    So, is the current 50% streak cost increase going to stack now? Or have you rethought that decision?
    Yes, it will.

Lotus Fan (Teleport Strike morph): Increased the initial hit damage for this ability.
    Nice. But how much? Will have to compare in PTS.
    The initial hit now deals the same damage as Teleport Strike.
    is there a still a gcd for the templar charge?
    It now works the same way all other abilities in the game work: there is a 1 second GCD for every skill.

Incapacitating Strike (Teleport Strike morph): The stun from Incapacitating Strike will now properly grant CC immunity.
    That's a morph of Death Stroke, isn't it?
    Yes, it should be Death Stroke. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah.... sure.....

There is a difference between magicka getting a buff and "the end of stamina nightblade"...
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So battle spirit...

No, I get what you mean- IE skills like Funnel Health are potentially getting smacked twice as the penalty applies twice (damage, and healing). I was more justifying the overall decision as it outweighs any specific considerations as it will be better for the health of the PvP game overall. I should have clarified.

That's fine but I find it awfully short sited to not offer some sort of counter balance to those abilities. These blanket nerfs using battle spirit are being taken as an easy way out to not have to mess with PvE but they keep screwing with some classes more than others. It would be awfully lazy or incompetent IMO to just say "Oh well. Its for the greater good." and wash their hands of it.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    WebBull wrote: »
    - Without the stam regen there is no reason for anyone to be a WW in PvP.

No reason to be a werewolf in PvE, either. I cannot see anyone being a werewolf now other than roleplay.

But remember, the combat team wants werewolf to 'feel more like an ultimate' so I wouldn't expect to make a return on my skill point investment often or to any great amount.

I don't get Werewolf. At all. Other ultimates increase your DPS or your healing or your tankiness or something. But the most expensive ultimate is visually neat ("Oh cool! I just turned into a werewolf!"), but is not something any competitive player would use. I mean, when is the last time you saw *anyone* transform into a werewolf in VDSA or a Trial or VCoA? I don't PvP much, but even my 3 or 4 hours of PvP per week, I see no werewolves running around Cyrodiil. I am guessing most players will not slot the werewolf ultimate for the stam regen because of the risk of accidentally transforming into a Werewolf in the middle of a fight. Think about that. Using the most expensive ultimate in the game is the kind of thing that can lead to wipes. How does that make any sense?

I know people do not like that werewolf has an upside with no downside. That is a legitimate complaint. But the free stam regen was the only upside. It is now all downside. I know a lot of the werewolf skills and passives sound neat in isolation, but it is about opportunity cost. No matter what you want to do, you can almost certainly do it better as a human than as a werewolf.
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I now learned that Siphoning Strikes will be 10 second buff you have to recast over and over and over and over. Anyone giving input on the PTS, please join me in protesting this skill-ruining change. Ugh...
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some questions about the Glass motif.

According to the post,
    "You can learn to craft in the Glass style by finding the Chapters...".The word "finding" suggests the chapters can be found by looting containers, although the next line suggests this is not possible. Is the combining of fragments the only way to get these chapters?

If I want to learn the Glass style, I will need to put 10 points into Tailoring (for example). Since writ requirements are tied to the tier of your skill and not your character level or skill level, will tier 10 writs still consume Nightwood/ Voidstone/ Void Cloth/ Shadowhide? Or will they need the new tier of V15/V16 materials? If it's the latter that's gonna be a material sink of epic proportions.

Do all tiers of writs have a chance of dropping these Glass fragments? And is the book in 15 chapters, just like Dwemer?

IMO, this whole process of obtaining Glass armour at first glance seems a tad too grindy. Although I have no numbers for the drop rates yet, to get the motif I have to:

- acquire a minimum of 150 fragments (assuming there are 15 chapters)
    - buy 15 Merethic Resins for who knows how much
    - Beat the RNG 15 times minimum

And that's not even counting the RNG grind needed to get the 10 Malachite fragments for my first piece of armour. I really hope the drop rates of fragments and Malachite shards are reasonable. If you are going to limit the number of "tries" a character can have per day (through daily writs) there is no need to add additional RNG rubbish on top of it. Please don't make this into a Undaunted shoulder kind of situation. It just isn't fun.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about the Dunmer racial Fire Resist? I had read somewhere (I think) that you said the fire resist passives were getting fixed/buffed but I didn't see it in the notes. Are these being changed at all?

EDIT: Oh and what about the regen passives? Are Dunmer magicka/stamina regen staying at 2%/4%/6%? I just saw some other races were getting buffed to 2/5/8 or more was all.
    Edited by Freeman on July 28, 2015 8:19PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    We'll work on getting everyone's gameplay questions as soon as possible, but in the meantime...
    • The Nirnhoned trait now increases Spell Resistance on the piece of armor it’s attached to, rather than increasing your total Spell Resistance.

what exactly does that mean?

@dsalter Right now, Nirnhoned takes your total base spell resist, and applies a % on top of it. For white gear that's +6% up to... I think +28% or something like that for a gold piece.

With seven pieces of gold nirnhoned, you're looking at something in the range of +200%, meaning you could end up with characters who had a spell resist north of 50k. At that point, hostile magic just doesn't affect them.

What it's supposed to do is apply that spell resist bonus to that piece of armor. So if it had a spell resist of 1k before, it would now add 1280. Under the current system, with full nirnhoned that item could return over 3k by itself.

So, basically, it works like Reinforced, but for spell resist, now, instead of working like the heavy armor passives that boost all your armor.