Maintenance for the week of June 3:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Info Released

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm curious, with the new VR 15 and 16 crafting materials being added to the game, how will this affect top end crafting writs?

I'm curious as to how this level change will effect level consolidation in the future.

Now there could easily be a 'tier' higher than the v10-v14 'tier' once item levels are consolidated.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if there was no moral hazard in that players have made many decisions based off of instances such as the following.

https://youtu.be/0ckaYoL1o5w?t=2982

Check out the 49:42 mark for a very interesting question with an equally interesting response.

Q: "How are you going to be introducing new items into the game that increases the players power without increasing the quote unquote level cap?"

A: "That's a fairly easy thing to do on our end...."

Remember, as Joe Blackburn said,

"we want to make sure when we do some more of the expanded system changes, we do them correctly. We don't want to give you a situation were you feel like you've put a time investment into the game and now it's all worth less or just doesn't feel right anymore."

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , pass on this idea about the future consolidation of item levels without making players feel as though their current investment into getting those items is worthless.

At least introduce a system that allows players to increase the levels of their gear. Honestly, what good is it that I did undaunted pledges for the helm and shoulder sets if I have to do those pledges again to get the same items at a higher level (if I even can get them again). What good is playing in trials, getting gear such as Signet of the Warlock, if the item is going to be outmatched in power do to higher level of new items entering the metagame. And if you do introduce an awesome way of increasing item levels, then please consider letting us change item armor types and traits too... please.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 4:48PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »
    1) Testing on the PTS but not consoles?
    *Yes, I'm obviously a console player.

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.

Easy answer to number 2 is that all DLC for consoles has to go through the approval process with Sony and Microsoft. That is out of ZOS's hands

If that's the case, they shouldn't give separate release dates for future DLC(s), they should hold off any they finish before hand and release them all at the same time.

so pc players should be forced to wait because console people have loops to go through? yea no, i dont think so

With what I'm suggesting...PC players wouldn't know their version got held back until console versions were ready to release. I don't see how hard that is to understand.

The problem is that it's a strict loss for ZOS. You honestly think it's a good idea for them to prepare a product to completion and let it sit on the shelves for a month so that all platforms can be released at the same time (which adds literally zero monetary benefit, mind you)?
    Edited by MCMancub on July 15, 2015 4:48PM
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

i have two Questions that makes me really hot, i hope i can get an Answer here.

1. The Tel Var Stones, can they sold or trade to other Players? If not, i can see Elite Guild-PvP Troops that farm these Stones to get the best PvP Equip. If this happens, we will have the same Problems in PvP like in other Games.

They will farm new Players and get more and more, but the PvP-Starter will be only frustrated. There is no Skill in this, its a Farmparty.

2. I see the new Faction PvP Sets and i like all 3 Sets. But for sure, the Daggerfall / Ebonheart Sets i like more. I am from the Aldmeri Dominion, can i buy or use Sets from the other Factions or do i need to lvl up a new Character on the other Factions, to get them?

If i can only wear the Faction Set from the Faction i played in, then i am really sad because Daggerfall and Ebonheart looking way better, then the Aldmeri Sets.

Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm curious, with the new VR 15 and 16 crafting materials being added to the game, how will this affect top end crafting writs?

I'm curious as to how this level change will effect level consolidation in the future.

Now there could easily be a 'tier' higher than the v10-v14 'tier' once item levels are consolidated.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if there was no moral hazard in that players have made many decisions based off of instances such as the following.

Check out the 49:42 mark for a very interesting question with an equally interesting response.

Q: "How are you going to be introducing new items into the game that increases the players power without increasing the quote unquote level cap?"

"we want to make sure when we do some more of the expanded system changes, we do them correctly. We don't want to give you a situation were you feel like you've put a time investment into the game and now it's all worth less or just doesn't feel right anymore."

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , pass on this idea about the future consolidation of item levels without making players feel as though their current investment into getting those items is worthless.

At least introduce a system that allows players to increase the levels of their gear. Honestly, what good is it that I did undaunted pledges for the helm and shoulder sets if I have to do those pledges again to get the same items at a higher level (if I even can get them again). What good is playing in trials, getting gear such as Signet of the Warlock, if the item is going to be outmatched in power do to higher level of new items entering the metagame. And if you do introduce an awesome way of increasing item levels, then please consider letting us change item armor types and traits too... please.

[Edit]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on July 16, 2015 12:38PM
    Options
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is there going to be SMALL scale pvp or still zerg on zerg?
    Options
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.

Easy answer to number 2 is that all DLC for consoles has to go through the approval process with Sony and Microsoft. That is out of ZOS's hands

If that's the case, they shouldn't give separate release dates for future DLC(s), they should hold off any they finish before hand and release them all at the same time.

so pc players should be forced to wait because console people have loops to go through? yea no, i dont think so

With what I'm suggesting...PC players wouldn't know their version got held back until console versions were ready to release. I don't see how hard that is to understand.

it is not hard to understand, but keeping up with the spirit of things, us pc players beta test everything for console. So unless you want a buggy nightmare like what we will get, then dont wish for it to be released at the same time lol
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murmeltier wrote: »
    Hi,

i have two Questions that makes me really hot, i hope i can get an Answer here.

1. The Tel Var Stones, can they sold or trade to other Players? If not, i can see Elite Guild-PvP Troops that farm these Stones to get the best PvP Equip. If this happens, we will have the same Problems in PvP like in other Games.

They will farm new Players and get more and more, but the PvP-Starter will be only frustrated. There is no Skill in this, its a Farmparty.

2. I see the new Faction PvP Sets and i like all 3 Sets. But for sure, the Daggerfall / Ebonheart Sets i like more. I am from the Aldmeri Dominion, can i buy or use Sets from the other Factions or do i need to lvl up a new Character on the other Factions, to get them?

If i can only wear the Faction Set from the Faction i played in, then i am really sad because Daggerfall and Ebonheart looking way better, then the Aldmeri Sets.

Number 1 already exists. It happens with AP right now and it isn't an issue. If you can obtain TV stones in better ways than by just ganking other players (like you can with AP), then this is a non-issue.
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Get I get my questions answered about Veteran Dungeon sets and what is happening to them after the scaling up of dungeons? Are we going to have to re grind for all those sets?
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Do we need to have this discussion again? You already posted this in a thread and got several valid responses and to how these two things don't relate. Quit posting it everywhere. You're just trying to spread bad information.

You should elaborate on what you mean, rather than flaming me, so that we can have a discussion about moral hazards and the developers mission to make players feel good about their gear.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭

it is not hard to understand, but keeping up with the spirit of things, us pc players beta test everything for console. So unless you want a buggy nightmare like what we will get, then dont wish for it to be released at the same time lol

That's just wrapping back around to my point that their QA Team should be doing their jobs and not relying on PC users to find the bugs that their team should've found before the content was released. Now if they paid the PC users that are finding the bugs, then that's a different story.
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, you don't get it.

PC players would know because we already know that there is an approval period for console game updates...Like I said before to you, this wasn't any big secret that was just leaked. It's been a known process for years. We would know that if they released the content at the same time for PC as consoles, they held it back until the content was console approved...

Like I also said before, you've yet to have a sound reasoning as to why they should be released at the same time other than because you want it...
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Why sell it at 2,500 crowns and not 4,500? Kind of saddening to be honest, feels cheap now. twitch_emoticon___kappa_by_centaurman_plz-d8krk1d.png

Besides that though, really exciting stuff; particularly being able to prevent players from obtaining Stones for their item sets, I hope we can kill people to take their Stones, then drop Stones so no one can have them.

Are people REALLY whining that the DLC doesn't cost ENOUGH ?

Wtf is WRONG with you people LOL ?
    Edited by Averya_Teira on July 15, 2015 4:57PM
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just wrapping back around to my point that their QA Team should be doing their jobs and not relying on PC users to find the bugs that their team should've found before the content was released. Now if they paid the PC users that are finding the bugs, then that's a different story.

Do you work in or have any knowledge of the software industry?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think locking PVE players out of an expansion Due to PVP is a sound business plan. Best to make it accessible to everyone or else more negative PR is coming your way.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on July 15, 2015 4:59PM
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Do we need to have this discussion again? You already posted this in a thread and got several valid responses and to how these two things don't relate. Quit posting it everywhere. You're just trying to spread bad information.

You should elaborate on what you mean, rather than flaming me, so that we can have a discussion about moral hazards and the developers mission to make players feel good about their gear.

You're trying to draw a direct line between the increase in veteran levels and the new gear, and that line doesn't exist. There are hundreds of reasons they chose to increase the vet levels, but it's not because they want to create an endless grind so you'll keep playing the game. I'd rather not have to quote your own thread because you didn't pay attention to the responses that already explained this.
    Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing says Elder Scrolls like a brand new grind grind currency so I can get my leet gearz.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sets and Imperial sewers, yes baby!
    Options
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome ! And plz to all "PvE'rs" , come on guys, its still new stuff ! how epic is it to explore it, running with 3 friends through the sewers and have the feeling "we need to get out of here, or they will steal our stuff", whatever and if they do, once you will meet a single person.

i really like this stuff !
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    "to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets"

So token system confirmed? So boring tbh. Hopefully it does not mean we need to log in daily. Does this mean they are moving from RNG entirely too.

Its the currency that drops from killing creatures insde.. basically everything has a chance to drop it, but teh cool part is that enemy players can loot what you farmed from your body
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special currency that enemy alliance players can loot from you after they kill you? awsome!
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how awesome it will be after you spend 4 hours farming them just to get killed by cyrio lag and some ganker and lose them all.

[Edit]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_MaryB on July 15, 2015 9:02PM
    Options
  • Amdirial
    Amdirial
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly they talked about IC and Orsinium a year ago. A year later we are "maybe" seeing IC in August. Its something I have to buy. But people here say well just "wait" for Orsinium ..........nice joke thanks a bunch.

Things that are serious problems for players that don't pvp, and please don't hide behind the "PVP hasn't gotten anything" excuse, you may have not gotten new actual content but you have gotten VR14 gear sets as well as XP boosts, buffs and fixes over the last year where PVE gear sets are tied to pledges that don't even scale to VR14. You even have the PVP Lead that answers your questions where as PVE just gets the proverbial finger every time we ask for answers.

1. Forced PVP
    2. Gankers / Exploiters - They exist and nothing gets done about them.
    3. Campaign Ques - Honestly I can't get into a Campaign that doesn't have a pop lock on it sometimes. This is going to be a nightmare and the "we will watch campaigns" isn't going to work because we all know how "fast" ZOS fixes things. .... Or I should say "slowly"
    4. Gear Stones that other players can loot from your body if they kill you.
    5. No New Trial Content ---- "soon" "not this patch" "maybe"
    6. Gear sets gated behind not only a "buy the DLC" but also gated again by PVP

Apparently there will be PVE only content within Imperial City, again curious how that will work maybe that will be decent however worth 2500 crowns, I'm not so sure considering the following:

1. Gated behind PVP ...god I hope my faction doesn't suck as bad I do in PVP and maybe I can get into the content I paid for.
    2. Long Ques - God I hope I can get into IC so I can progress my character in any capacity.
    3. less then 1/4 of the content because I don't pvp, I don't want to lose the stones I just earned (if you can even earn them in the pve areas) by some jerk who wants to gank other players.

So pretty much the content is 2500 crowns and yet I'm not even going to want to play 1/4 of it because its forced pvp.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm gonna hope its not like this but after the wait, told to wait for Orsinium, the only thing I can count on from ZOS is being told to "wait", "soon", next patch, next content update" all with no actual information or dates.

Oh lets not forget the famous "ESO is about choices"

If you don't want to or don't like PVP you don't have to do it ..................I think after everything with IC this is pretty much self explanatory.
    Options
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the world bosses featured in the Quakecon video, the giant fleshy guy and the daedric titan looking guy, still in the update?
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Are the world bosses featured in the Quakecon video, the giant fleshy guy and the daedric titan looking guy, still in the update?

They're in there...and a whole lot more.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on July 15, 2015 5:17PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

You're trying to draw a direct line between the increase in veteran levels and the new gear, and that line doesn't exist. There are hundreds of reasons they chose to increase the vet levels, but it's not because they want to create an endless grind so you'll keep playing the game. I'd rather not have to quote your own thread because you didn't pay attention to the responses that already explained this.

No, you are wrong.

I am drawing a direct line between players earning gear, under the idea that it wouldn't be obsoleted, and the new vet level increase obsoleting that gear.

I am drawing a direct line between what players want, to feel good about their gear, and what developers want, for players to feel good about their gear.

I don't care about why the veteran level increase is happening, but I do care about how consumer friendly this veteran level increase is. Can we avoid a moral hazard? Yes. Can we avoid players grinding for a chance to get a higher level version of the same things they already have? Yes.

Please be civil and refrain from flaming.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 5:28PM
    Don't tank

Options
  • Etharian
    Etharian
    ✭✭✭
    Denaia wrote: »
    Another 6 week wait? Yeah.. I am not happy about that.. we already waited close to a year.

so whats 5 weeks tne if you already waited 1 yr. should be nothing then
    Options
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BrianWheeler

Im sorry to ask again just really curious is there "small" scale pvp or just the zergfest still?
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was quite excited when I first saw this but now , unless I'm mistaken , this is PVP. ! I don't play PVP !
    Not a chance in this world or any other will I carry on subscribing if the future of this game/DLC is Pvp.

I don't do 'I'm leaving posts' and usually laugh at them but if I've been waiting over a year for 'The Big DLC Content' and its gated behind PVP then nope sorry I will be out, it really saddens me to say.

I so hope I'm wrong .....

This has always been labbelled as a, Alliance vs alliance game that is a PVP / PVE game NOT a divided game. If you want everything you have to do BOTH, weather the enemy is an enemy alliance NPC or player shouldnt matter. Why give yoruself these silly game boundries? just play everything in the game...
    Options
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    wow, just awesome. :)
    big thanks @ ZOS
    pc/eu
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was quite excited when I first saw this but now , unless I'm mistaken , this is PVP. ! I don't play PVP !
    Not a chance in this world or any other will I carry on subscribing if the future of this game/DLC is Pvp.

I don't do 'I'm leaving posts' and usually laugh at them but if I've been waiting over a year for 'The Big DLC Content' and its gated behind PVP then nope sorry I will be out, it really saddens me to say.

I so hope I'm wrong .....

This has always been labbelled as a, Alliance vs alliance game that is a PVP / PVE game NOT a divided game. If you want everything you have to do BOTH, weather the enemy is an enemy alliance NPC or player shouldnt matter. Why give yoruself these silly game boundries? just play everything in the game...

Maybe because enemy NPC don't exploit loading screens or spam meteor to cause lag...
    Options