Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Imperial City Info Released

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will be monitoring the Campaign populations and if we need to open new Campaigns we will.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler There are big queues now..... when this goes live the demand will be crazy & nobody will be able to get into Cyrodiil / Imp city for hours, and just monitoring existing campaign populations will upset a lot of people by not giving them access to paid content.

Would you consider a pro-active solution in a similar vein to console launch where you had a few temporary campaigns added to allow for the extra demand at launch?

You can then adjust up/down as required after a few weeks.... but existing campaigns are maxed already on EU at prime time & will not be able to cope with IC demand on top.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    One other question I came across after I had already posted this one.

Will all crafting be able to be done for the new Vet Levels V15 & V16? The reason I ask is the new "token" system being put in place for the V16 PVP gear. I want to make sure that as a max crafter I will still be able to create my own gear at the highest level which soon will be V16.

Thank you!

Yes, you'll will be able to craft VR15 and VR16 items, but it will require the acquisition of new materials. These materials are not obtained through harvest nodes the way other crafting materials typically are. Instead, you must obtain them by deconstructing VR15 and VR16 drops and then using those materials to craft new items. Also, the new materials are tradeable, so you can buy and sell them with other players, and you can buy them with Tel Var Stones in the Imperial City.

Will the drops for these materials be comparable to the Nirnhoned materials or will they be much easier to obtain?
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    There will be safe areas and re-spawn locations for you inside the Sewers as well as the City Districts. Also note the City, Sewers and Cyrodiil are separate zones, but share the same population cap. Prior bugs where sometimes you had to requeue to get back into Cyrodiil from Cracked Wood Cave, or any other cave in Cyrodiil, have been fixed in this update.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will all crafting be able to be done for the new Vet Levels V15 & V16? The reason I ask is the new "token" system being put in place for the V16 PVP gear. I want to make sure that as a max crafter I will still be able to create my own gear at the highest level which soon will be V16.

Thank you!

Yes, you'll will be able to craft VR15 and VR16 items, but it will require the acquisition of new materials. These materials are not obtained through harvest nodes the way other crafting materials typically are. Instead, you must obtain them by deconstructing VR15 and VR16 drops and then using those materials to craft new items. Also, the new materials are tradeable, so you can buy and sell them with other players, and you can buy them with Tel Var Stones in the Imperial City.

Thank you for the information.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    is there going to be "small scale pvp" in this?
    Options
  • Amdirial
    Amdirial
    ✭✭
    I'm having a hard time finding a reason to be positive. On top of everything else I totally forgot that you have to "que" for Cyrodill so in turn I guess I'm not only going to be forced to pvp I'm also going to have to wait for long que times because most are pop locked as well.

Guess we aren't getting any new trials in this either, LOL figures. Thanks @ZOS
    Edited by Amdirial on July 15, 2015 3:43PM
    Options
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    1) Testing on the PTS but not consoles?
    *Yes, I'm obviously a console player.

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.

Easy answer to number 2 is that all DLC for consoles has to go through the approval process with Sony and Microsoft. That is out of ZOS's hands

If that's the case, they shouldn't give separate release dates for future DLC(s), they should hold off any they finish before hand and release them all at the same time.

Why make the PC players wait for content when it's ready to be delivered? We shouldn't have to wait just because of the console approval process.

Not to mention we will find the bugs and such for you.

1) Their QA Team should find the bugs before they release DLC, not release broken content.
    2) No one would know who had to wait if they only announce one release date for all platforms. I'm not saying to delay this one, PC players have been waiting longer for DLC so they should get it before us console players; any future DLC should be released at the same time.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you!

why are we getting more vet ranks again?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »
    What's going to be really funny is if IC is impacted by the same lag issue in Cyrodil. If IC gets too crowded, will we have groups of people just throwing around unresponsive skills at each other?

What is going to be funny is to see how much the addition will influence Cyrodiil's lag issues. I am certainly not expecting an improvement.

Serious question: do you think if it caused players to be more spread out that it would help some?

No not really. Not even Hermaeus Mora knows wth causes Cyrodill lag. Most reason i have seen given for it do cause lag and do not cause lag also.
    Epic Zerging - Yes but not really always.
    AOE - Yes but no really.
    Meteor Spam -Not really and this is usually always it's just that lag causes some strange Meteor behaviors.
    1V1 batles happening somewhere -probably.
    Gremlins- maybe.
    Dragons- could be
    People using some sort of lag causing exploit- I don't think so but who knows.
    Aliens- Definitely.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps + 1 enemy keep
    • Access granted by owning the majority of keeps

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Can they be set to be highlighted on the Cyrodiil map only when access is granted? It is not clear if that is what was meant.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There will be safe areas and re-spawn locations for you inside the Sewers as well as the City Districts. Also note the City, Sewers and Cyrodiil are separate zones, but share the same population cap. Prior bugs where sometimes you had to requeue to get back into Cyrodiil from Cracked Wood Cave, or any other cave in Cyrodiil, have been fixed in this update.

What about XP gain from killing enemy players? The imperial city sounds great, but I sincerely hope the only good way to level in there isn't killing mobs and avoiding pvp :) Also will the 100% gain to experience in public dungeons include the imperial city sewers for mob and player kills?
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This whole thread has tuaght me it is time to abandon my magicka healing templar and go stamplar.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping they decide upon the "Everyone has Access" route... it really isn't fair to ask people to pay for a DLC that has limitations on access.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Will the drops for these materials be comparable to the Nirnhoned materials or will they be much easier to obtain?

The new materials are nowhere near as rare or difficult to obtain as Nirnhoned Trait materials. :) Though you don't obtain the new materials via crafting nodes, getting them through deconstruction is more comparable to other types of ingots. As you run around the Imperial City killing monsters, you'll get item drops like you would in a normal overland zone or dungeon. You can then deconstruct those for a chance to get the new materials.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.

Easy answer to number 2 is that all DLC for consoles has to go through the approval process with Sony and Microsoft. That is out of ZOS's hands

If that's the case, they shouldn't give separate release dates for future DLC(s), they should hold off any they finish before hand and release them all at the same time.

Why make the PC players wait for content when it's ready to be delivered? We shouldn't have to wait just because of the console approval process.

1) Their QA Team should find the bugs before they release DLC, not release broken content.
    2) No one would know who had to wait if they only announce one release date for all platforms. I'm not saying to delay this one, PC players have been waiting longer for DLC so they should get it before us console players; any future DLC should be released at the same time.

Do you work in software? If you do, you know this isn't realistic. If not, welcome to software. Bugs always find a way to make it through even with tons of testing.

Except that we do know we have to wait though because of the approval process for consoles...this is not a delay on ZOS part, this is Microsoft/Sony. It's not like they just leaked some big secret that no one had ever known before.

Sorry but you've yet to have a sound reason as to why any DLC should be delayed for PC players so that consoles have it at the same time.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • marcmyb14_ESO
    marcmyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's always a bad idea to gate PvE content, gear, etc. behind PvP. No other MMO I know of does this. At least up until this point, the gear you could get in PvP isn't bound so you could buy it with gold, albeit a ridiculously high amount. But to have dungeons and PvE gear sets in a PvP area is absurd. I can't believe you guys are going through with this. Sure, you could say this game is a little more PvP-focused than some others, but that doesn't mean that you should make everyone feel forced to PvP in order to progress. You know what this? An attempt to address the lack of PvP content and PvE content in one package. This is a historically bad decision imo and ZOS should be ashamed to even ask us to pay for it.
    GM Oghma Infinium - Ebonheart Pact
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight - Indualis Decimius
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer - Arienna Stormcaller
    VR1 Dark Elf Dragonknight - Flame and Shadow
    26 Khajiit Nightblade - J'Kaaz Vulon
    10 Breton Templar - Sam Guevene
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's going to be really funny is if IC is impacted by the same lag issue in Cyrodil. If IC gets too crowded, will we have groups of people just throwing around unresponsive skills at each other?

What is going to be funny is to see how much the addition will influence Cyrodiil's lag issues. I am certainly not expecting an improvement.

Serious question: do you think if it caused players to be more spread out that it would help some?

No not really. Not even Hermaeus Mora knows wth causes Cyrodill lag. Most reason i have seen given for it do cause lag and do not cause lag also.
    Epic Zerging - Yes but not really always.
    AOE - Yes but no really.
    Meteor Spam -Not really and this is usually always it's just that lag causes some strange Meteor behaviors.
    1V1 batles happening somewhere -probably.
    Gremlins- maybe.
    Dragons- could be
    People using some sort of lag causing exploit- I don't think so but who knows.
    Aliens- Definitely.

Lagswitch
    Edited by BuggeX on July 15, 2015 3:50PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1) hasn't happened yet, but I guess we can always hope lol ;)
    2) ty
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about XP gain from killing enemy players? The imperial city sounds great, but I sincerely hope the only good way to level in there isn't killing mobs and avoiding pvp :) Also will the 100% gain to experience in public dungeons include the imperial city sewers for mob and player kills?

PVE players can get easy exp outside of PVP but are forced to do PVP in order to get access to IC
    but
    PVP players cant bother to go to PVE zone for exping and demand more exp from PVPeing where they already feel like fish in water?
    Someone try telling me PVPers are not overdemanding.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Amdirial wrote: »
    Guess we aren't getting any new trials in this either.

We are working on more Trials for the future, just not as a part of Imperial City. :)

(Edit: Trials not Trails...good grief.)

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on July 15, 2015 3:53PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The new materials are nowhere near as rare or difficult to obtain as Nirnhoned Trait materials. :) Though you don't obtain the new materials via crafting nodes, getting them through deconstruction is more comparable to other types of ingots. As you run around the Imperial City killing monsters, you'll get item drops like you would in a normal overland zone or dungeon. You can then deconstruct those for a chance to get the new materials.

What about players, :)? Will the v15 or 16 items in the new rewards for the worthy bags be able to be deconstructed for the materials as well? I'm excited about the imperial city but I am concerned that it's sounding as if pve'ing in there may be the vast majority of how to earn anything. Will kill XP for players be brought to par with mobs for the time taken, alongside this?

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PVE players can get easy exp outside of PVP but are forced to do PVP in order to get access to IC
    but
    PVP players cant bother to go to PVE zone for exping and demand more exp from PVPeing where they already feel like fish in water?
    Someone try telling me PVPers are not overdemanding.

I play both, thank you very much. And all pvp items so far have been bind on equip and can be bought by someone who never even stepped foot in cyrodiil, contrasted with trials gear and undaunted sets which no amount of gold can buy ;).

SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will be monitoring the Campaign populations and if we need to open new Campaigns we will.

I would LOVE to have the big battles that are still advertised on the website, instead of the constant "try to spread people out" fixes.

I hade one on this fights last week ago. It was epic. Lots of players fighted forwards and backwards. The clue seemed to be: no stacking of people at one places ant spamming AOEs. But there were at least 30+ players on each side. That was soooo damn fun *.*
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so pc players should be forced to wait because console people have loops to go through? yea no, i dont think so
    Options
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

Heavy breathing O.O
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you!

why are we getting more vet ranks again?
    To give you extra incentive to purchase the DLC, if you wish to provide your characters with vet 15-16 gear, of course.

Or you can spend all your gold buying it on the guild stores from the people who were willing to pony up cash to get access to the zone.

Your choice.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I am hoping they decide upon the "Everyone has Access" route... it really isn't fair to ask people to pay for a DLC that has limitations on access.

I agree, but I don't think it should be everyone has access. I think if your faction held 3 of its 6 home keeps you should be able to enter. That's a very easy goal, but it's still a goal. If everyone could enter, the only people doing regular Cyrodiil PvP would be the people who didn't own the DLC.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you work in software? If you do, you know this isn't realistic. If not, welcome to software. Bugs always find a way to make it through even with tons of testing.

Except that we do know we have to wait though because of the approval process for consoles...this is not a delay on ZOS part, this is Microsoft/Sony. It's not like they just leaked some big secret that no one had ever known before.

Sorry but you've yet to have a sound reason as to why any DLC should be delayed for PC players so that consoles have it at the same time.

Yep. Console certification processes have been openly stated by Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo since they enabled online services a decade+ ago. That consoles have to wait longer because of that on cross platform games is hardly a state secret :).

Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    If all Veteran Dungeons are going to be scaled to v16, what is going to happen to ALL of our Veteran Dungeon sets we have:

Worm Cult
    Saviors
    Ebon
    Relics
    Destruction Suit
    Arms of the Infernate
    Arms of the Ancestor
    etc etc etc

These sets are all RNG, meaning it is completely rando with what you can get. To add to this the loot table on any main dungeon boss is a list of over 250 items. I have done at least 1000 full vet dungeon runs between the six originals and still missing at least 4 items from these sets. That is 12 months of grinding and doing at least 2-3 Vet dungeons a day. Some days I have done 10-15.

I am concerned with that fact that those of us who do collect and use these sets are going to be screwed because now ALL vet dungeons are going to be scaled to v16.

I thought last week during the ESO live, itemization was going to be discussed?? This game desperately needs gear to scale off of player level or add the ability for crafters to add levels to gear, including jewelry.

I do not mind having to grind again to a point, but when I have killed the same bosses hundreds and hundreds of times and only see the item I need drop twice to other people in my group; that kind of makes me want to quit.

If ZOS you are not going to add item scaling or something for crafters, you really need to address the loot tables and RNG on some aspects of this game.
    Options