Imperial City Info Released

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    1) Testing on the PTS but not consoles?
    *Yes, I'm obviously a console player.

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.

Easy answer to number 2 is that all DLC for consoles has to go through the approval process with Sony and Microsoft. That is out of ZOS's hands

If that's the case, they shouldn't give separate release dates for future DLC(s), they should hold off any they finish before hand and release them all at the same time.

Why make the PC players wait for content when it's ready to be delivered? We shouldn't have to wait just because of the console approval process.

Not to mention we will find the bugs and such for you.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worst case scenario access should be you need to have a transit link to a keep close to your factions sewer entrance.

If it's all 6 home keeps troll groups will just take DragonClaw or Brindle or Drakelowe.

You won't get volunteers to defend those pain-in-the-ass to get to keeps so the high pop faction will control access.

Also allowing players to take stones off kills is a kick in the stones to some classes. NB and Sorcs can disengage from a fight easily, as a Templar I win or I die, escape is not an option.

Options
  • DayedPSN
    DayedPSN
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't this ruin pvp? I see campaigns being dominated by one faction as other leave for other campaigns to try to get access
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am all for the pvp but the ability to loot other players stones is a.very bad idea atm. The classes are no were near balanced or equal in roles making a hard coded.disadvatage for some classes over others.
    Foer example a.pure magicka build healing templar will be devasted in this model. Again I am not against the idea just belive the game does not support a balqnce.in classes to implement this without serious inherent disadvantages.
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps + 1 enemy keep
    • Access granted by owning the majority of keeps

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Brian,

Unless the "Everyone has access" is it, wouldn't all the other Cyrodiil keep objective rules have the potential for causing some unnecessary animosity and drama within your own faction with the "haves" working towards access and the "have nots" either not bothering or perhaps even working against the drive to meet the requirements?

Have you considered having some additional alliance-wide meaningful rewards for meeting the entry objectives so that everyone in Cyrodiil has a reason to work towards them whether they can eventually enter or not?
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    1- I see that we are getting two new Racial Styles for crafting. Are there any Traits being added with these or just the Styles?
    2- The article mentions updates to existing sets but nothing about if new craft able sets are being added. Is there going to be new craft able sets we will be able to make and if so, how many?

Hey @Robbmrp! There is one new Enchantment being added to the game with the Imperial City release (not a Trait.) Though it will be available only in Imperial City, players can sell it to anyone regardless of whether they have the Imperial City DLC game pack or not.

There will also be three new item sets you can craft via set-specific crafting stations in Imperial City. You do need to physically go to those special crafting stations in the Imperial City to craft the new sets.

We'll have more details about to share about both topics in the next week or two. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.

My (early) feedback on this:

The last two options are definitely a bad idea in my opinion. Unless you're trying to make the Imperial City another incentive for buff servers, do not do those. They will lead to flipping an entire map one color and result in PvE with no PvP, especially in the Imperial City.

I am already hesitant about the native 6 keeps, as these are rarely evenly distributed as is.

Unless you are making an alternative route to enter the IC without meeting these Access requirements, the last three (especially the last two) suggestions will result in one faction dominating each campaign ("buff") and make it pointless to even look for PvP.

I'd even suggest a middle ground between All-Access and the other options. Make it so that when you do not meet the requirements, you have a significantly more difficult time getting in. A common entryway with open PvP, tons of NPCs, a need to pass a challenge, etc. Just do not make it so that only one faction will be the ones using the City while the rest go to some other campaign.

I also see people doing an "open and dump" deal, where they do just enough to open IC, then run for the door... abandoning everything like a ghost town.

Maybe all access will cause the least grief. People that open/hold open the doors, seem to be the ones that don't get to go in.
    DayedPSN wrote: »
    Wouldn't this ruin pvp? I see campaigns being dominated by one faction as other leave for other campaigns to try to get access

Probably.
    Edited by traigusb14_ESO2 on July 15, 2015 3:17PM
    Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City

So, aside from crafted stuff, the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!

Welcome to f2p mmo

https://youtu.be/GXE_n2q08Yw
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • Edgemoor
    Edgemoor
    ✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    Soulac wrote: »
    Edgemoor wrote: »
    "Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory."

So if you're PvE orientated your just gonna be a source of stones for the PvP'ers ....

It´s a PvP Zone, deal with it.

This is the problem, most PvE players won't "deal with it." They just won't play, you'll have even less PvE player supporting PvP than you do now.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Most of the best in-slot gear and even skills are found through PvP. Nearly everyone in my PvE-only guild PvP's because they have to. No one really complains that much. I don't think this will change a whole lot.

Time will tell, but anyone not interested in PvP, or simply not interested in doing PvE content in PvP zones is probably going to be thinking hard about whether they want IC or not. I know plenty of PvP orientated players that won't play this sort of content because of the grief and frustration that comes with it.

The PvP being promoted by IC is a whole different kettle of fish to the PvP currently in Cyrodil. The fact you can "steal" someone's else's stones adds a whole new level of grief and frustration that can arise from PvP of this nature.

My advice is get on the PTS and try it out and see if you like it or not.

I think there is a whole bunch of technical issues that have to be addressed to make this work even for the PvP players. For starters there is the whole question of access to IC. Secondly there is the lag issue in Cyrodil. And the third issue that's, been raised in a previous post, is access to compaigns, which will most likely be full most of the time once IC hits.
    Edited by Edgemoor on July 15, 2015 3:18PM
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

• Everyone has Access

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Brian,

Unless the "Everyone has access" is it, wouldn't all the other Cyrodiil keep objective rules have the potential for causing some unnecessary animosity and drama within your own faction with the "haves" working towards access and the "have nots" either not bothering or perhaps even working against the drive to meet the requirements?

Have you considered having some additional alliance-wide meaningful rewards for meeting the entry objectives so that everyone in Cyrodiil has a reason to work towards them whether they can eventually enter or not?

Unless they change something then the bigger issue is going to be that the existing campaigns are already pop locked, so people are not going to be able to get into cyrodiil to be able to get to the imperial city in the first place... whatever access model they choose for the sewers!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, wait, wait, wait...

Just because a few mounts are priced really high and *some* players with subs haven't spent many crowns so far, there are people who are disappointed that the new content -- content that has been delayed for very long time -- doesn't cost *more*? Because $25 is too cheap for DLC? Did I read those comments correctly?

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    DayedPSN wrote: »

Not really. We already see this some. The factions with the least population are the ones that are one-sided. While there is some PvE content in I.C., this content is primarily for PvP players, and no PvP'er wants to just around not PvP'ing, just so they can have access to an empty zone.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elder scroll gates, Scroll Temples, Scrolls, Outposts, Resources and your home bases do not count towards "Access".

Aldmeri for example has the following "native" keeps:

Roebeck, Alessia, Fregyl, Black Boot, Bloodymayne, Brindle.

Is pvp XP being buffed like how pve XP is? There's currently an enormous gap in XP gain with pvp giving very little for both normal and veteran levels (+champ). I saw the pve improvements were called out so I'm concerned that pvp XP improvements weren't. Any comment available @ZOS_BrianWheeler or @ZOS_GinaBruno ? :)

Whoops, forgot to tag @ZOS_JessicaFolsom too ;). I'm chomping at the bit for patch notes, but those will be soon enough. For now my main question mark is simply... will pvp be buffed to a good way to level, for veteran and champion ranks? The XP per hour you earn in pvp is miniscule unfortunately compared to always-available pve mob grinding, which makes it feel like you're gimping your progression doing it, even though it's much more fun.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1- I see that we are getting two new Racial Styles for crafting. Are there any Traits being added with these or just the Styles?
    2- The article mentions updates to existing sets but nothing about if new craft able sets are being added. Is there going to be new craft able sets we will be able to make and if so, how many?

Hey @Robbmrp! There is one new Enchantment being added to the game with the Imperial City release (not a Trait.) Though it will be available only in Imperial City, players can sell it to anyone regardless of whether they have the Imperial City DLC game pack or not.

There will also be three new item sets you can craft via set-specific crafting stations in Imperial City. You do need to physically go to those special crafting stations in the Imperial City to craft the new sets.

We'll have more details about to share about both topics in the next week or two. :)

Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for the quick response. One other question I came across after I had already posted this one.

Will all crafting be able to be done for the new Vet Levels V15 & V16? The reason I ask is the new "token" system being put in place for the V16 PVP gear. I want to make sure that as a max crafter I will still be able to create my own gear at the highest level which soon will be V16.

Thank you!
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    What's going to be really funny is if IC is impacted by the same lag issue in Cyrodil. If IC gets too crowded, will we have groups of people just throwing around unresponsive skills at each other?

What is going to be funny is to see how much the addition will influence Cyrodiil's lag issues. I am certainly not expecting an improvement.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, wait, wait, wait...

Just because a few mounts are priced really high and *some* players with subs haven't spent many crowns so far, there are people who are disappointed that the new content -- content that has been delayed for very long time -- doesn't cost *more*? Because $25 is too cheap for DLC? Did I read those comments correctly?

It's under $20 of crowns, not even 25. That's an extremely fair price to say the least for this package in my opinion. 5500 crowns costs $40.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    What's going to be really funny is if IC is impacted by the same lag issue in Cyrodil. If IC gets too crowded, will we have groups of people just throwing around unresponsive skills at each other?

What is going to be funny is to see how much the addition will influence Cyrodiil's lag issues. I am certainly not expecting an improvement.

Serious question: do you think if it caused players to be more spread out that it would help some?
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any specifics on those racial buffs? I'd like to know the exact percentage the Nord's max health increase will be once this goes live. Also why wait until the dlc before making these racial changes?
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We will be monitoring the Campaign populations and if we need to open new Campaigns we will.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any specifics on those racial buffs? I'd like to know the exact percentage the Nord's max health increase will be once this goes live. Also why wait until the dlc before making these racial changes?

They've talked about Orc. They're changing the *I think it was* run speed passive to a 4% increase to Weapon Damage. Orcs gun be gud now.
    Options
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Everyone has Access

personally, I favour the "Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps"... means most of the time only one faction will have access. but it''s possible for all 3 sides to get in simultaneously
    Options
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »
    "to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets"

So token system confirmed? So boring tbh. Hopefully it does not mean we need to log in daily. Does this mean they are moving from RNG entirely too.

Don't like the idea other players can kill you and loot these Tel Var Stones from you. Looks like it's setting up to be one massive griefing festival that most people will be burnt out and frustraited with in about a month.

Lootable stones sounds like fun, but Ive my doubts they are going for it. So disappointed, if its some basic 90's token system. Really hope they but some twist on it.

@Sausage they did put a twist on it.....if you die in there, someone else can take your stones lol

So its true, thats awesome.

Good luck going up against the CP grinders ;)

They'll be working overtime pending the release of IC
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are there going to be "PVP free" zones, aka safe zones in Imperial city?

Or players will be vulnerable to kills everywhere, including for example, crafting station. Where player tries to craft his IC exclusive gear and while he is busy, other faction players kill him?

Or maybe even players camping crafting station just to pick off everyone who wants to make a gear?
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 15, 2015 3:29PM
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »

Serious question: do you think if it caused players to be more spread out that it would help some?

The mysterious causes of Cyrodiil lag go beyond players not being spread out enough. For example, whenever a whole raid goes into one of the Cyrodiil delves to get the one-hour boss kill buff, if they all hit the delve door at once, that can trigger some nasty lag not just in the delve but also outside the delve itself in the zone.

This has been noted so many times by so many people that many of us have taken to lining up single file outside the delve to go in one or two at a time. Why this affects the rest of Cyrodiil is a mystery, but it does.
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We will be monitoring the Campaign populations and if we need to open new Campaigns we will.

I would LOVE to have the big battles that are still advertised on the website, instead of the constant "try to spread people out" fixes.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Tobius
    Tobius
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question about the DLC, usually on the xbox one. If one person pays for and download the DLC for other games, all other players on that xbox get access to the DLC, will that be the same for here? Or will each player on the xbox have to pay for and download it? I have three sons, that could be expensive.
    "Remember: Sometime the Dragon wins."
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    One other question I came across after I had already posted this one.

Will all crafting be able to be done for the new Vet Levels V15 & V16? The reason I ask is the new "token" system being put in place for the V16 PVP gear. I want to make sure that as a max crafter I will still be able to create my own gear at the highest level which soon will be V16.

Thank you!

Yes, you'll will be able to craft VR15 and VR16 items, but it will require the acquisition of new materials. These materials are not obtained through harvest nodes the way other crafting materials typically are. Instead, you must obtain them by deconstructing VR15 and VR16 drops and then using those materials to craft new items. Also, the new materials are tradeable, so you can buy and sell them with other players, and you can buy them with Tel Var Stones in the Imperial City.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Sadly the only real info we got here, that we haven't seen before, is the launch date and the crown cost.

I was hoping for more info.

As mentioned in the article, we'll be releasing more info each week as we get closer to its launch. And, of course, there will be a whole slew of patch notes when this hits the PTS later this month. ;)

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there anything, anything at all in the works for item level scaling to our characters level? With the addition of V16, there are certain item sets only available at certain veteran ranks. The itemization is horrid in this game and really limits what people can run. When are we going to get item scaling to our characters level or at least give crafters the option to upgrade an items level?

Also, if all dungeons are being scaled to V16 what about ALLLLLL the Veteran dungeon sets that my guildies and I have that are all v12. Running over 1000+ Vet dungeons, do not tell me we have to run ALLLL those again just to get those items in v16..... with this games RNG it is a waste of time.
    Edited by Darklord_Tiberius on July 15, 2015 3:35PM
    Options
  • Amdirial
    Amdirial
    ✭✭
    But be on your guard—enemy Alliance members lurk around every corner throughout the Imperial Districts and Sewers. Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory.

I've taken a break from the game over the last week or so because I honestly don't care for the "here is the date" only at the last minute they say "oops, its been delayed". I'll deal with it and probably continue to play but this statement right here may be the straw that breaks the camels back.

I PVE,, I rarely if ever PVP, its bad enough that some items that are "best in slot" for my class I have to get out of PVP as a PVE player but now I'm FORCED to PVP in some capacity to get to "new content" so I can not only level but possibly even get new gear for my characters. On top of all of that the "stones" I just spent time "earning" have potential to be taken away by some player that wants to gank other players.

Sure, I'll do all the "work" to have a player that is most likely gonna use one of the many exploits out in Cyrodil that haven't been addressed yet if at all to get items I spent time earning. To say I'm upset atm is probably an under statement and I know if I'm upset how other players that don't care for PVP either feel.

Options