Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    So other than subsidize the development of the console release and some PvE content, what exactly have PvP players gotten out of a year of paying a monthly subscription?

If you're still paying a monthly sub, you get all of this at no additional charge.

If you dropped your monthly sub, you now have a choice: One-Time 2,500 Crown fee or re-sub.

To me, the smart choice is the one-time purchase. You'll have it forever for less than the cost of 2 month's sub. Or sub for a month, collect 3,000 Crowns to buy the DLC with and unsub.

I never claimed to be smart, I'm paying a sub out of some sense of loyalty to the game. They really do need to beef up what people get for subbing to encourage more subs.

This^^^^^ I have stayed subbed for this very reason, so I can use my crowns for other things and get the DLC's as they roll out, I hope that some day they have a real expansion which I would expect to pay for, DLC's are nice but unless they come out at a pretty regular pace, still end up with long dry spells in the game.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "White-Gold Tower dungeon"
    So will we finally get to close that damn Anchor above the city?

Also, I'm glad it's over a month away, I'll have to finish Cadwell's and get to V14 and save up mats for the V16 gear.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on July 15, 2015 2:50PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Gimmie yo stones.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    will those stones be avaible in crown store?

No. We have no plans to sell Tel Var Stones in the Crown Store; you'll need to earn them!

that is what i hoped for good that you didn't went the p2w route there! very very good decission!
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    server lags incoming ....
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that IC was going to be free and the new pve zones would be paid. Guess no IC for me.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how about those that payed for a year sub just for this content on PC. Are you really going to say [snip] you to them? We took your sub money to fund our console launch and then are going to make you PC players pay for this content that was promised to them.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on July 15, 2015 4:13PM
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    will those stones be avaible in crown store?

No. We have no plans to sell Tel Var Stones in the Crown Store; you'll need to earn them!

that is what i hoped for good that you didn't went the p2w route there! very very good decission!
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Two new Veteran Dungeons'

So, how about dem Undaunted Head-pieces? Details pls, gief details, they don't even have to be true! Lie to me if you must, just give me something, please.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    If your subbed it comes with it
  • lucian_banneb18_ESO
    Wow this is (finally) great news! :)
    Looks amazing! Great job guys & gals!
    Can't wait to try it out!

Keep them 'xpansions comin' at a decent pace and you'll soon steamroll competition!

Quick question please - as an AD player, can I get my hands on that EP gear?
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Excited to see the new update information!

There is one thing I'm worried about: the fact that you need to have your 6 home keeps to be able to enter the city. As the maps very often are left in a state of one-faction dominance (where they own at least all the emperor keeps if not the entire map), I am extremely concerned that this requirement to enter the Imperial City is too strong, as players will continue to flock to the server where their faction controls the map.

Have there been talks about alternative requirements? Perhaps lowering the requirement to having your gates closed for security before venturing into the Imperial City? Or making it possible but much harder to enter the City when you do not control the keeps (an entrance open to all but that is much more perilous and difficult to enter)?

I'd love to hear the thought process on setting the requirement at all 6 home keeps!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Linking to Brian Wheeler's post on this thread, I'd like to provide (early) feedback: This is supposed to be a PvP zone! Do not make it so that only one faction can get in! That would defeat the purpose entirely.
    Edited by Glory on July 15, 2015 3:00PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after all this waiting. All this subscription paying. All these promises. All these delays.

You want 2500 Crowns for the Imperial City.

I cannot think of a better way ZOS could have said "go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers.

Its included with plus membership (2:36 into vid)
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City Base-Game Patch

Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost. The base-game Imperial City patch includes hundreds of fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content including combat, classes and skill lines, the Alliance War, dungeons, and quests. Here are a few of the highlights:

15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
    100% more XP for all public dungeons
    50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
    20% more XP in Craglorn
    Veteran Rank increased to 16
    Racial Passive improvements
    Mundus Stone buff improvements
    Glass racial motif style
    Improvements to existing item sets
    The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
    New crafting skill line passives
    New Undaunted pledges
    Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
    Improved end-of-campaign Alliance War rewards
    …and more!

Shldnt be first point like "fixing the lags", or "making improvements to pvp gameplay"?

I guess i want too much once again... oh boi.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So after all this waiting. All this subscription paying. All these promises. All these delays.

I cannot think of a better way ZOS could have said "go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers.

Go check when this content was promised to us. Go check the amount of content subscribers have gotten in the first year of ESO's life. If you really want to shed a tear, look at the content the PvP community has gotten this past year. Hundred of euros of money invested into this game and nothing to show for it.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on July 15, 2015 3:01PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why hasn't @ZoS confirmed (or denied) the "6 home keep" requirement for entering the IC? This is BY FAR the most important detail missing from the "Imperial City Launch Details"!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno do you know the answer?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Why hasn't @ZoS confirmed (or denied) the "6 home keep" requirement for entering the IC? This is BY FAR the most important detail missing from the "Imperial City Launch Details"!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno do you know the answer?

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2024746/#Comment_2024746

Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wahooo!!!! Can't Wait! Still am waiting for Dark Brotherhood. Any idea when that will surface?
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much negativity. Jeebus.

I'm def not a fanboi, but I'm excited about the new content. Here's to hoping Imp City will be as much fun as the old Darkness Falls.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Will this patch include the changes to Cyrodiil you outlined in your previous post in the Alliance War subsection? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/180480/pvp-update-june-2015#latest
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute ZOS! I killed Molag Bal a year ago, so why is he still controlling the Imperial City?

makes-no-sense-at-all.png

Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on July 15, 2015 3:10PM
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go check when this content was promised to us. Go check the amount of content subscribers have gotten in the first year of ESO's life. If you really want to shed a tear, look at the content the PvP community has gotten this past year. Hundred of euros of money invested into this game and nothing to show for it.

Why on earth did you keep your sub, when you didn't not like what you playing. After the Change of B2P it was clear, that you have to pay for the most new things seperatly. You don't have to sub anymore, if you don't want. It is not that much a problem.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not shedding any tears over it... I'm still paying the subscription. I'm in it for the long haul. Its like £6-7 a month on a six month sub. I will drink 2 less beers a month to pay for it.

Look, its easy.... either back the game and pay your sub or don't and pay up when the DLC comes along.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JasonLeavey

I am aware there will be new sets but how about sets like Ravager, Morag Tong, Shadow Walker, Archmage, etc? Will these be updated at the launch or are they to be replaced with the new sets and fade into memory (Red Mountain)? I know it took you guys months to finally give us v14 versions of these sets, will you repeat this pattern? Also will we use AP to get these items or will we now need the Tel Var Stones? If so, this makes AP rather useless, especially those of us who are saving it.

Shall we also assume this new gear will be 'bound' on pick up? This would force players to purchase a subscription and or DLC to have access to the new items.

Are you going to resolve the lag issue with Cyrodiil? It lags harder than it ever has. Several popular players are on the verge of leaving this game due to the lag. Adding more content is not going distract us from these problems left unresolved. This is probably the most sought after update (fixing Cyrodiil lag).

You already announced a release date and we have not even tested it on PTS. It is currently 7/15 and you have a 8/31 launch. If we are to look at the history of this mmo, launches have been really problematic and premature. I mean for crying out loud we still have bugs from beta, let alone unresolved stability issues forcing players to unsub.

Can I finally get a response to my direct questions? It would be nice to finally get some transparency on things often evaded. If you don't know the answers at least tell me that or get us someone that does.

Thanks.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raizin wrote: »
    Shldnt be first point like "fixing the lags", or "making improvements to pvp gameplay"?

I guess i want too much once again... oh boi.
    There's a few lag fixes in the patch. On the PVP forums, they announced they're making changes to the way certain abilities do checks, and removing some redundant checks, which should help out with lag.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute ZOS! I killed Molag Bal a year ago, so why is he still controlling the Imperial City?

makes-no-sense-at-all.png

PvE rubbish......
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Will this patch include the changes to Cyrodiil you outlined in your previous post in the Alliance War subsection? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/180480/pvp-update-june-2015#latest

Yes. May even get the gate hopper fix in too...got some last minute voodoo from our code gang.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on July 15, 2015 3:12PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paying for content updates that you would otherwise get for free in a sub model... Gaming industry is going down the drain.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paying for content updates that you would otherwise get for free in a sub model... Gaming industry is going down the drain.

To be fair, the video game industry has been in the decline since the era of digital updates began and they could patch products instead of truly finishing them, this is why I continue to hold tabletop gaming as superior in nearly every way.

But, on to the subject at hand: Imperial City.

Exciting news, trailer looked great and so far everything sounds exactly like I expected and told others to expect. I'm really glad you're not just dumping this out for free on non-subscribers and former members. I feel renewed justification in my continued subscription.

Really looking forward to those 4-man dungeons in particular.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You only weakened him temporarily, Daedra can't be permanently killed. You even talk to him during the epilogue.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server