The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nivinfarr wrote: »
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?

I'm terrible at PVP, but I understand how this system is desirable for many who do enjoy PVP. I just hope this doesn't become an incentive for griefing.

You will be able to deposit Tel Var Stones in the bank.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Desolationz
    So wait, this DLC pack doesn't include Orsinium/High Wrothgar?
    Edited by Desolationz on July 15, 2015 3:48PM
    Theodosius Alduin
    VR8 - Imperial - Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact - Stamina Based - Melee DPS/Tank - Male - Werewolf - PvE/PvP - Blacksmith & Carpenter
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Nice video! I love that it even shows the clipping glitch on my Redguard heavy armor that I've been mentioning since it was released. (notice the belt buckle not even on the belt and clipping inside the character's body) Any word on when this and the rest of the Redguard heavy armor glitches fixed?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will we get info about sets and PTS will start?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this DLC pack doesn't include Orsinium/High Wrothgar???
    Of course it doesn't, Orsinium was always advertised as a separate DLC.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    I play on both EU and NA will I have to buy the DLC twice if I quit my ESO+ membership?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I would really like an answer please?
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    When will we get info about sets and PTS will start?

What's the point of PTS at this point. Everything is set in stone already if they are launching at the end of Aug.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Mysfit
    Mysfit
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler will there be enough experience available from this new content alone to level from VR14 to VR16? If so could you describe how you would be gaining this experience?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on both EU and NA will I have to buy the DLC twice if I quit my ESO+ membership?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I would really like an answer please?

An interesting question. Everything else in the Store is restricted to the megaserver it was purchased on. One could expect the same of DLC.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nivinfarr
    Nivinfarr
    ✭✭✭

That's a relief. I don't mind being a loot pinata for more skilled players, as long as it's possible for me to keep some of my stones. Who knows, maybe I'll actually learn a few survival skills while I'm getting pounded :smile:

• SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    will those stones be avaible in crown store?

No. We have no plans to sell Tel Var Stones in the Crown Store; you'll need to earn them!

@ZOS_GinaBruno will there still be the two giant World Bosses that we saw back in Quakecon in the Imperial City Sewers? The big fleshy looking guy and the Daedric Titan looking guy?
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Attorneyatlawl @andrantos

The issue is not with the current model it is with the content that is being released.

The content announcement was announced under the old model, hence having the mindset that your monthly $15 dollars was going towards that content which is the norm for subscription based games. They didn't go with the Crown Store system until months after the announcement of the Imperial City.

Now what happened to that Subscription money prior too 1.6?

The last addition to ESO was around 10 - 15 - 2014, the Crown Store Released in Jan of 2015. So what content were subscribers paying for between that period? Fixing their Bugs? Not how games work you pay for the content and then the developers maintain and fix that content for the player (look at other buy once play forever games, they make you pay and then they maintain the game for you). So for roughly 2 - 3 months no new content came out of ESO which is total to 30 - 45 dollars that should be going to new content aka the Imperial City.

What I am simply trying to say is that due to the transition period and the fact that the content was released under a normal subscription model means that those people who payed the subscription prior and decided to not pay it now are getting shafted for their previous investments, now having to pay more.

I by no means am complaining about the current model, I like it, however DLC's shouldn't be attached to something that was announced under the old model.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait, this DLC pack doesn't include Orsinium/High Wrothgar?

LOL... that will be two more DLC... how do you think companies make money with B2P? Everything in the future will be DLC and the "bug fixes" are free (like they are advertising on the posted page like its an honor to receive)
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    So much nerd rage in this post, amazing. I love how people are complaining that they subbed for a year and now have to pay for IC, even though they already received enough free crowns to buy it. Their fault if they bought frivolous stuff like mounts and pets when it was made clear that DLC would come at a price.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Way to go, ZOS. Introduce a new currency for all the new stuff, making what we have right now completely worthless and then make it attainable in PK environment with the risk to lose it.

Sounds perfect to me.
    No game since D2 had its PK fun, we may see a new contender with eso... herbivores this days.
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?

I'm terrible at PVP, but I understand how this system is desirable for many who do enjoy PVP. I just hope this doesn't become an incentive for griefing.

Will I be able to mail them?

1. Kill monsters
    2. collect stones
    3. mail stones to friends
    4. profit
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • andrantos
    andrantos
    ✭✭✭
    Paying for content updates that you would otherwise get for free in a sub model... Gaming industry is going down the drain.

It is your choice, pay nothing for 5 month and than pay the equal as 1,5 month for an DLC and play free for the next time again. Or pay the whole 5 month for the same "DLC". I don't understand the problem here...

The problem is that this content was already payed for prior to the Crown Stores Arival through the Subcsriptions the earlier players had to pay. It's not about the system now, its the fact that this content is "essentially" grouped with the system that was before aka that this content should have been no DLC.

That doesn't even make sense. Yes, the Imperial City was revealed prior to the Crown Store's arrival but for all intents and purposes, it isn't part of the base game. If it was to be, B2P and console launch would've been held off until this was ready.

You could also think about it this way... when the Imperial City was revealed, the game was still a subscription based game. However, since then, payment models have changed and the game has launched on consoles. Economic factors have changed and they have responded accordingly.
    Edited by andrantos on July 15, 2015 4:01PM
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phaedrus wrote: »

Will I be able to mail them?

1. Kill monsters
    2. collect stones
    3. mail stones to friends
    4. profit

did u just exposed a flaw in the flawless system ??? oh boi, i think ban is comin to u friend!
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    Way to go, ZOS. Introduce a new currency for all the new stuff, making what we have right now completely worthless and then make it attainable in PK environment with the risk to lose it.

Sounds perfect to me.
    No game since D2 had its PK fun, we may see a new contender with eso... herbivores this days.

+1 omg yes im Hella excited bring back some glory days and have a reason to get gud at pvp
  • andrantos
    andrantos
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Locked threads are cool. Thanks for not letting concerned players discuss how they view ZOS move to make this a payed DLC that was promised and already payed for pre BTP. As a PC player I really appreciated paying for console launch and being told I have to pay a for IC as well (NOT).
    The DLC was part of the subscription costs, and that hasn't changed. If you subscribe you still get the DLC. If you don't subscribe... you have to pay for. That's always been how it worked, and nothing changed for that.

Most be a console player or someone that doesn't understand the value of money or has everything payed for them by their mother. I personally already spent hundreds of dollars of my money for this content specifically expecting it to be in the next major update over and over. Maybe you can understand my frustration in their decision here to make the PC players pay for something that has been payed for 10 times over. Then we are told hey guess what, we are going BTP and all the money you spent expecting this promised content is just used on a console launch, then being told you have to pay for said content again. Wtf. Are you really so blind to see where PC gamers are coming from on this.? I mean seriously.

Before, we paid for access to the game. We bought the box and we paid for access to the game's servers (which also helped fund additional development efforts). The content you paid for back in the day is still there. All the updates that were released during the subscription payment model is still there and doesn't require additional cost.

In fact, if you continue to sub, as you did before the B2P switch, you still get access to the new stuff without having to spend any additional money. ESO Plus Members are still getting extra content at no additional cost to them. If you are playing for free, then yes, it only makes sense that you have to buy the NEW content in order to access it. Any one with a reasonable mindset could see that.

What you are complaining about would be as if they decided to take the dye system they added during the subscription period and put that behind a paywall (sub or crown store or both) - which is not what they have done. Simply, if you are a B2P user, this is effectively a mini-expansion pack or DLC. For a sub user, its business as usual. There has been no bait and switch here.

Expecting new content to be released to free for even B2P users is a bit unreasonable.... unless of course you expect to ride on the backs of Crown store customers and ESO Plus members who would bear the sole burden of financing continued development in that case.

And for me, I'm no mooch, so I would much rather pay for something I see value in and support entities that create that value than have someone pay my way for me.
    Edited by andrantos on July 15, 2015 4:14PM
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so tel var stones are some sort of token?

It will be a ganker paradise!!!!

Finally a reward for my playstile
    Signature

• Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    andrantos wrote: »
    Paying for content updates that you would otherwise get for free in a sub model... Gaming industry is going down the drain.

It is your choice, pay nothing for 5 month and than pay the equal as 1,5 month for an DLC and play free for the next time again. Or pay the whole 5 month for the same "DLC". I don't understand the problem here...

The problem is that this content was already payed for prior to the Crown Stores Arival through the Subcsriptions the earlier players had to pay. It's not about the system now, its the fact that this content is "essentially" grouped with the system that was before aka that this content should have been no DLC.

That doesn't even make sense. Yes, the Imperial City was revealed prior to the Crown Store's arrival but for all intents and purposes, it isn't part of the base game. If it was to be, B2P and console launch would've been held off until this was ready.

You could also think about it this way... when the Imperial City was revealed, the game was still a subscription based game. However, since then, payment models have changed and the game has launched on consoles. Economic factors have changed and they have responded accordingly.

The console has nothing to do with the subscription money from the PC players, if any of the PC players money is going into the consoles foundation then that is a problem by itself. Two separate entities should pay for themselves by the company.

And yes it makes total sense, the content was already made PRIOR to B2P, they even showed videos of it during the announcement. During that time they have been working on it through the subscription based model AND the B2P model. So really they should have the funding already done. The fact that they are adding a 20 dollar DLC on it now is because of their game tanking, they went free to play because the game wasn't popular enough / making enough money. So now they used prior subscriptions to salvage their game for what it is, and make players pay again for the content they were charging you for previously.
  • GatheredMyst
    GatheredMyst
    ✭✭✭
    This has been asked before, but I think that clarification is needed. :)

Right now, it's the understanding of the player base that the Imperial City will be "locked out" in some facets, if not all facets, based on alliance control of certain areas. The announcement, however, makes it seem like there are more facets to this DLC than simply the city, and the sewers.

Here's the question, though:

How does Alliance Control effect access to the...
    • Two Veteran Dungeons
    • The Sewer System beneath the city.
    • The city itself.

It is my opinion that, considering that we're paying for the DLC to get access to it, that certain areas should be based on PVP ownership, while others should be accessible at all times. Let's be frank: There are some campaigns where one campaign simply dominates, meaning that those who are in the underdog campaigns lose the ability to access certain pieces of the DLC.

I do believe that certain areas should be reliant on PVP, but others? Like the majority PVE areas? Should be open and accessible at all times.

Here's how i'd break it up:
    • The Sewers beneath the city: PVE, to my understanding. Open at all times.
    • The Veteran Dungeons: PVE. Open at all times.
    • The City Itself: PVPVE. Accessible only to controlling alliance.

You can then, also, make the PVP rewards available only to the controlling alliance as well. Makes things interesting. You might need to take control, and then slip into the city to get those rewards, risking that as you do so, your keep might fall, and others can come in and steal your gems.

However, the outline I listed above still gives the "bang for the buck" to the PVE players. Everyone wins. :)

My 2gp. But if anything, I do think that clarification is needed, regardless of the feedback that i've given.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The Imperial City clearly was part of ESO's original sales proposition of 'pay subscription for regular new content'. After a year of paying a subscription fee, none of this promised content has arrived to PvP.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on July 15, 2015 4:11PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when this content was supposed to come out last year when we still had everyone paying subs...
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭

The console has nothing to do with the subscription money from the PC players, if any of the PC players money is going into the consoles foundation then that is a problem by itself. Two separate entities should pay for themselves by the company.

And yes it makes total sense, the content was already made PRIOR to B2P, they even showed videos of it during the announcement. During that time they have been working on it through the subscription based model AND the B2P model. So really they should have the funding already done. The fact that they are adding a 20 dollar DLC on it now is because of their game tanking, they went free to play because the game wasn't popular enough / making enough money. So now they used prior subscriptions to salvage their game for what it is, and make players pay again for the content they were charging you for previously.

Except they already gave those players enough free crowns to pay for this, so no, they don't have to "pay again".
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Attorneyatlawl @andrantos

The issue is not with the current model it is with the content that is being released.

The content announcement was announced under the old model, hence having the mindset that your monthly $15 dollars was going towards that content which is the norm for subscription based games. They didn't go with the Crown Store system until months after the announcement of the Imperial City.

Now what happened to that Subscription money prior too 1.6?

The last addition to ESO was around 10 - 15 - 2014, the Crown Store Released in Jan of 2015. So what content were subscribers paying for between that period? Fixing their Bugs? Not how games work you pay for the content and then the developers maintain and fix that content for the player (look at other buy once play forever games, they make you pay and then they maintain the game for you). So for roughly 2 - 3 months no new content came out of ESO which is total to 30 - 45 dollars that should be going to new content aka the Imperial City.

What I am simply trying to say is that due to the transition period and the fact that the content was released under a normal subscription model means that those people who payed the subscription prior and decided to not pay it now are getting shafted for their previous investments, now having to pay more.

I by no means am complaining about the current model, I like it, however DLC's shouldn't be attached to something that was announced under the old model.

Under the old model your sub money went to paying for access to the game on a monthly basis. After they went buy to play your sub money went to paying for the crappy "extras" that came with ESO plus. It was naive to think you were paying in advance for Imperial City or any other update. You were ALWAYS paying for the game AS IS.

Basically, PC players were lied to and led by the nose by ZOS marketers for at least ten months so that ZOS could make a better game for the consoles. It's been done, it can't be undone. The question is, will you suck it up and play on or will you say f*** ZOS and leave.

Would it be a nice PR move if ZOS gave PC players who have been around all this time paying a sub enough crowns to buy IC as a gift? Yes. Will it happen now that they don't need the PC players to evangelize the game anymore? What do you think?
    Edited by tonemd on July 15, 2015 4:15PM
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well... there goes my money for ESO+.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @kupacmac

You are right they gave everyone 5500 free crowns when it went live. But truthfully that at least to me doesn't make up for the fact that this content was part of its original plan and people were essentially paying sense launch through subscription that this would be imported into the game.
  • MyM16sHot
    MyM16sHot
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax,

To access the Imperial City, will my friends and I have to traverse through Cyrodil and attempt to fight our way through just to access the DLC we pay for? Sounds borderline impossible if my alliance is on the losing end of nearly every campaign. Am I not seeing the whole picture here or is that pretty accurate?

-Subscriber
    Edited by MyM16sHot on July 15, 2015 4:28PM
    VR8 Dumner Nightblade PS4-NA-DC
    lvl12 Imperial Dragonknight PS4-NA-EP