The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff Zenimax.

Agreed. I am concerned as to how much PVE is being pushed in the Imperial City though, unless player kills are made to be worth around 3-4 times what they are now for XP towards levels, veteran ranks, and champion ranks (even that won't bridge the gap compared to how much you earn in PVE-land, but it'll make it competitive), and the Rewards for the Worthy bags contain items that can be deconstructed to gain the same materials from drops on mobs in the City.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 4:21PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    @Attorneyatlawl @andrantos

The issue is not with the current model it is with the content that is being released.

The content announcement was announced under the old model, hence having the mindset that your monthly $15 dollars was going towards that content which is the norm for subscription based games. They didn't go with the Crown Store system until months after the announcement of the Imperial City.

Now what happened to that Subscription money prior too 1.6?

The last addition to ESO was around 10 - 15 - 2014, the Crown Store Released in Jan of 2015. So what content were subscribers paying for between that period? Fixing their Bugs? Not how games work you pay for the content and then the developers maintain and fix that content for the player (look at other buy once play forever games, they make you pay and then they maintain the game for you). So for roughly 2 - 3 months no new content came out of ESO which is total to 30 - 45 dollars that should be going to new content aka the Imperial City.

What I am simply trying to say is that due to the transition period and the fact that the content was released under a normal subscription model means that those people who payed the subscription prior and decided to not pay it now are getting shafted for their previous investments, now having to pay more.

I by no means am complaining about the current model, I like it, however DLC's shouldn't be attached to something that was announced under the old model.

Under the old model your sub money went to paying for access to the game on a monthly basis. After they went buy to play your sub money went to paying for the crappy "extras" that came with ESO plus. It was naive to think you were paying in advance for Imperial City or any other update. You were ALWAYS paying for the game AS IS.

Basically, PC players were lied to and led by the nose by ZOS marketers for at least ten months so that ZOS could make a better game for the consoles. It's been done, it can't be undone. The question is, will you suck it up and play on or will you say f*** ZOS and leave.

Would it be a nice PR move if ZOS gave PC players who have been around all this time paying a sub enough crowns to buy IC as a gift? Yes. Will it happen now that they don't need the PC players to evangelize the game anymore? What do you think?

I actually dropped my ESO Plus membership simply because I wanted to wait and see how DLC was to be handled. In the time I maintained the ESO Plus membership, I had acquired enough crowns to purchase the Imperial City. So yes, I have essentially paid for the DLC in advance via my former active ESO Plus membership.

Anyone who thought the Imperial City was going to be a free update for all was simply fooling him/herself.

I do agree, it would be nice for ZOS to gift us the Imperial City - that would be an act of good faith that would be much appreciated, but I won't drag them over the coals because they didn't. They don't owe me anything. I've gotten the value out of the money I've sunk into ESO. Anyone basing his/her current perceived value of ESO or any game based on future update is simply foolish - because that doesn't even make sense...
    Edited by andrantos on July 15, 2015 4:21PM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This update announcement includes the two new vet levels and associated gear but makes no mention of extensions to the active side of crafting (new crafting passives are mentioned).

Will we be able to make VR16 gear? New sets? Traits? etc... or will we be dependent on a group-PvE and PVP based supply chain for these items? You know, something that seems to completely exclude the solo or semi-solo-PvE style player.
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    @kupacmac

You are right they gave everyone 5500 free crowns when it went live. But truthfully that at least to me doesn't make up for the fact that this content was part of its original plan and people were essentially paying sense launch through subscription that this would be imported into the game.

I understand your frustration, but keep in mind they gave those free crowns to everyone who subbed, even for people (like myself) who quit playing after 6 months. I was shocked that I got anything for free. So to me it more than makes up for them charging for IC. It's not like they HAD to give out those free crowns.
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    So what happened to the promise Zenimax made that The Imperial City was gonna be free?!
    You just can't trust Zenimax I guess...
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax,

To access the Imperial City, will my friends and I have to traverse through Cyrodil and attempt to fight our way through just to access the DLC we pay for? Sounds borderline impossible if my alliance is on the losing end of nearly every campaign. Am I not seeing the whole picture here or is that pretty accurate?

-Subscriber

In all honesty isn't not that hard of a challenge. As a DC player I feel your pain in having servers stacked against you, however, the required keeps are not too difficult to take even with lesser populations. If you had to take all the inner keeps, like you need for emperor, that would be ridiculous.

Don't be afraid of a little cyro action, you may end up enjoying it.

Edit: subscriber
    Edited by Rioht on July 15, 2015 4:31PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kupacmac

You are right they gave everyone 5500 free crowns when it went live. But truthfully that at least to me doesn't make up for the fact that this content was part of its original plan and people were essentially paying sense launch through subscription that this would be imported into the game.

This.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    I think this DLC should be free to any that had an account and paid a subscription before the switch to buy to play. It is the right thing to do.. Or at least give those same people a window of a week to claim it for free.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE players would have little problem with PvP because ESO PvP does not take skill to do. If you are a skilled PvP player you are playing another game that is balanced and requires quick actions and skill to play.
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    One of the marketing items is 'New Undaunted pledges' - does this refer to the IC dungeons (Prison and Tower), or can we expect some new Veteran versions of existing ones (Volenfell, Direfrost Keep, etc.) as well?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    So after all this waiting. All this subscription paying. All these promises. All these delays.

You want 2500 Crowns for the Imperial City.

I cannot think of a better way ZOS could have said "go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers.

you expect free DLC?

u serious bro?

missed the note on how the game went B2P few months back?

I can't believe the amount of stuff people want for free these days... and not just ESO....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak to engineering issues, but let me address some of the itemization questions.
    Xael wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I am aware there will be new sets but how about sets like Ravager, Morag Tong, Shadow Walker, Archmage, etc? Will these be updated at the launch or are they to be replaced with the new sets and fade into memory (Red Mountain)? I know it took you guys months to finally give us v14 versions of these sets, will you repeat this pattern? Also will be using AP to get these items or will we now need the Tel Var Stones? If so, this makes AP rather useless, especially those of us who are saving it.

About a dozen item sets from Cyrodiil are being updated and re-released in the Rewards for the Worthy and Leaderboard reward mails, and they will be available at every Level and Veteran Rank (including VR 16). Another dozen or so Cyrodiil sets have had their statistics updated, but will not be included in those mails.

Tel Var stones can only be gained and spent inside the Imperial City.
    Shall we also assume this new gear will be 'bound' on pick up? This would force players to purchase a subscription and or DLC to have access to the new items.

The item sets in the new dungeons will be Bind on Pickup. However, item sets purchased via Tel Var stones are all Bind on Equip - meaning that you can sell them on Guild Stores or trade them to other players. Further, the crafting materials found in Imperial City can also be sold or traded, and used to craft VR 15 and VR 16 gear at any crafting bench.

Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    This update announcement includes the two new vet levels and associated gear but makes no mention of extensions to the active side of crafting (new crafting passives are mentioned).

Will we be able to make VR16 gear? New sets? Traits? etc... or will we be dependent on a group-PvE and PVP based supply chain for these items? You know, something that seems to completely exclude the solo or semi-solo-PvE style player.

You can craft VR 15 and VR 16 items, using materials gained from exploring the Imperial City - either through deconstructing the items you find there, or purchasing the crafting materials directly from vendors using Tel Var Stones. (The Imperial City has no crafting nodes, because it's both totally urbanized and totally destroyed.) Those materials can then be sold on Guild Stores or traded to other players.

There are three new Item Sets to craft, also found within the Imperial City. I can't share details quite yet, but you'll find them soon enough. However, there are not any new Traits this time around.

Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • bloodravnb14_ESO
    So wait... there is already an imbalance in PvP, and that imbalance is only going to increase as champion points increase. So these ridiculously powerful players that everyone ALREADY *** about will just be able to roam around IC and kill people, taking their stone and preventing them from getting the new / better gear? Or what's to stop a zerg doing the same thing?

For that matter, who gets the stone drops? does just one person, or does everyone who contributed to ganking that person get a copy of the stone stack? That would make farming people a lot more efficient than anything else.

Really getting tired of forcing PvX on those that aren't interested in that game type. Separate out your systems please, if you plan on having both in your game.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City is going to thrive for gankers. Not trying to join in with the negative comments, but man, gear grinding is going to be a nightmare for the mediocre PvP player.
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS!

Thanks for the awesome update today on imperial city! Super pumped (especially for solo arena!!!!)

Anyways, regarding one of the points of the info.

"Improvements to existing item sets"

Does that mean we can find the currently available item sets in VR16 formats? Or does that just mean there will be adjustments made to those sets, but only available up to VR14?

Thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    Really getting tired of forcing PvX on those that aren't interested in that game type. Separate out your systems please, if you plan on having both in your game.

Are you sure you only get the stones from PvP? I assumed they would also drop from mobs in the PvE portion of IC.
  • ZOS_PhilipDraven
    ZOS_PhilipDraven
    ✭✭✭
    Nivinfarr wrote: »
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?
    You will have the option of depositing Tel Var Stones into the bank, but there are some minimum restrictions in place. Additionally, you will lose all of the stones on your person when you die in PvP. Both of these exact values are still subject to change as we continue to fine tune the system based on our logs and player feedback.
    Philip Draven
    Lead Systems Designer
    Staff Post
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    No plans on Tel Val Stones on crown store.... as XP boost?
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City and the Sewers will be attached to each campaign on a one for one basis to both Vet and Non-Vet. EG. Haderus will have it's own City and Sewers, Chillrend it's own, Azura, etc. Imperial Prison and White Gold Tower will not be attached to Campaigns as they are not PVP flagged.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit further, please?

Will these safe zones be a 50/50 split in the game (PvE and PvP) or will the majority of it cater to PvP?

I dislike PvP and will avoid it, but if this DLC is catered more to the PvP players, then it's very likely I will not purchase it.

Also, Senche-Tiger mount for Xbox One ready yet? ;)

Thanks for reading.
  • Francis_Toliver
    Francis_Toliver
    ✭✭✭
    So after all this waiting. All this subscription paying. All these promises. All these delays.

I cannot think of a better way ZOS could have said "go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers.

Um...you probably already got this from others but, if you have a subscription you get IC for free.

You only have to pay if you do not have a subscription/

So as far as I can see there is no "Zos saying go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers. No?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT. EP. ARMOR.

OMG.

I don't care if the stat is as BAD as a VR1 gear, THAT *** LOOKS HOT!

KUDOS to the designers!!!
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?
    You will have the option of depositing Tel Var Stones into the bank, but there are some minimum restrictions in place. Additionally, you will lose all of the stones on your person when you die in PvP. Both of these exact values are still subject to change as we continue to fine tune the system based on our logs and player feedback.

Expect to see even more nightblades :'D
    Seriously, for both ganking and farming stones without being seen. Are they trying to remove the other 3 classes from PvP?
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you think about getting player feedback before you decided to add the stone system? I mean during beta you had a survey, why not post a survey to all your current players asking us what we want?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kloud wrote: »
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    Way to go, ZOS. Introduce a new currency for all the new stuff, making what we have right now completely worthless and then make it attainable in PK environment with the risk to lose it.

Sounds perfect to me.
    No game since D2 had its PK fun, we may see a new contender with eso... herbivores this days.

+1 omg yes im Hella excited bring back some glory days and have a reason to get gud at pvp

Way to omit my point, guys. The issue is that bomb trains will remain the most useful way of playing, since it has the lowest individual chance of losing stones.

But continue with your propaganda.
    Edited by Leandor on July 15, 2015 5:02PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navaya wrote: »
    So what happened to the promise Zenimax made that The Imperial City was gonna be free?!
    You just can't trust Zenimax I guess...

The Imperial City was never promised to be "free".

The Imperial City is, was, and always has been, said to be included with your paid ESO subscription. You can quibble over B2P and that you are not required to pay a subscription, but the fact remains that it is included with the current ESO Plus subscription, just as it was intended to be included in the old ESO subscription. This has been a constant that has not changed.

What has changed is that now you do not need to subscribe and you can purchase Imperial City using Crowns. Before Tamriel Unlimited, if you did not want to subscribe, you did not get to play. You did not get Imperial City. You did not get anything. Pay or go home. Thanks to the change in business model, you get to choose whether to subscribe. Choose to subscribe, you get Imperial City as part of that subscription, same as before. Choose not to subscribe, you get the option of buying Imperial City outright or playing without it.
    I think this DLC should be free to any that had an account and paid a subscription before the switch to buy to play. It is the right thing to do.. Or at least give those same people a window of a week to claim it for free.

Why?

I can think of two reasons to not do this.

1. Whenever ZOS attempts to reward past participation, it does nothing but create dissent. Even though they do it to be nice, it is widely rebuked by vocal players. There is always a cutoff, and there is always someone on the wrong side of that cutoff. Look at all of the exclusive Senche offers over the last 6 months and the people begging to be included in those offers after the fact. It will be 100x worse with Imperial City.

2. It was always intended to be included in your subscription and it still is. If you dropped your subscription under the old plan, you did not get Imperial City. Imperial City was never something that was gifted, it was always included with the recurring subscription. The terms of that offer have not changed. Subscribe to ESO Plus, get the Imperial City at no extra charge, just as it was before B2P. Or.... do not subscribe and buy it separately, something new with B2P that gives you the option.

Edited by Elsonso on July 15, 2015 5:06PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jcollinson10preub18_ESO
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Imperial City Launch Details."

Learn all about the Imperial City, our first official DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited!

does the dark brotherhood guild fall under " New quests and key characters within the Imperial City "
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I think that if you kill a player who has Tel Var Stones, you should get some back in a ratio based on how many they have. This could turn into serious griefing otherwise...

Or make it so that you can only lose a certain amount, or that you can have up to X amount safe, but anymore than that in your inventory will be lost if you die.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Um...you probably already got this from others but, if you have a subscription you get IC for free.

You only have to pay if you do not have a subscription/

So as far as I can see there is no "Zos saying go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers. No?
    People playing since the start already paid a year of subscription fees for this content update. There's no way that a year worth of subscription money is worth the little bit of new content the PvE people got, let alone for the non-existent new content the PvP people got.
  • LillyAngel
    LillyAngel
    ✭✭
    Wait a minute ZOS! I killed Molag Bal a year ago, so why is he still controlling the Imperial City?

makes-no-sense-at-all.png

Did you even pay attention when you played that last quest? You DID NOT kill him. You only wounded him...
    Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.