The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Imperial City Launch Details."

Learn all about the Imperial City, our first official DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Looking forward testing this on pts.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting but now it looks like I have to pvp to enjoy my pve which is unfortunate.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So after all this waiting. All this subscription paying. All these promises. All these delays.

You want 2500 Crowns for the Imperial City.

I cannot think of a better way ZOS could have said "go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty cool. I assume the Imperial City will be available in all campaigns, vet and non-vet?

And... not to be a jerk about this... but what about that announcement could not have been said on Monday?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Looks pretty cool. I assume the Imperial City will be available in all campaigns, vet and non-vet?

Yes, it is available in all campaigns!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    So after all this waiting. All this subscription paying. All these promises. All these delays.

You want 2500 Crowns for the Imperial City.

I cannot think of a better way ZOS could have said "go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers.

Pfft! They wanted 3000 crowns for a mount skin. That's actually pretty in line with what I expected the price of DLC to be.
    Looks interesting but now it looks like I have to pvp to enjoy my pve which is unfortunate.

That was always going to be the case with the Imperial City. No surprises there.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Imperial City and the Sewers will be attached to each campaign on a one for one basis to both Vet and Non-Vet. EG. Haderus will have it's own City and Sewers, Chillrend it's own, Azura, etc. Imperial Prison and White Gold Tower will not be attached to Campaigns as they are not PVP flagged.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So other than subsidize the development of the console release and some PvE content, what exactly have PvP players gotten out of a year of paying a monthly subscription?
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City and the Sewers will be attached to each campaign on a one for one basis to both Vet and Non-Vet. EG. Haderus will have it's own City and Sewers, Chillrend it's own, Azura, etc. Imperial Prison and White Gold Tower will not be attached to Campaigns as they are not PVP flagged.

So since it is separate from pvp, that mean if I have ESO plus or pay for the dlc I can have access to the two dungeons without having to do the pvp?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following:

All content is available to players that are level 10 and up

Is this REALLY true? ALL the time? I'm not paying $25 or any amount of cash for content that can only be accessed once in a blue moon when my faction isn't losing in Cyrodiil!

Edited by Emma_Overload on July 15, 2015 2:23PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Mrchavoda
    Mrchavoda
    I think they will see a big drop of subscribers over this. any have loyalty paid since they were made to expect game updates belong to the base game as was said at release and after, they will have a decent instant $20 from many players but long term its a shot in their own hand.

we shall see.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I'm definitely excited for it, does this mean we have no content coming for a month and half? Or are there mini-surprises yet-to-come in the weekly patches.
    Edited by Preyfar on July 15, 2015 2:22PM
  • WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    So the stone to be used as currency, does it have rare drop rate too and can it be saved in banked or should they always be on us and lose all when we die ?

Also will the current v14 gear available from PVP bags be available in v16 version and any changes to the trial gear to make them viable

Sorry too excited and too many concerns
  • Lazyness
    Lazyness
    ✭✭
    Im pretty happy we finally got some info on the actual release date.
    it contains a new pvp zone, new pve end game content and a *** ton of new items.
    Which I like..

Just hoping and praying this release will not be full of bugs..
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well looks like I could use logging in and getting my character somewhat ready for some PVP.

Also curious about the VR16 gearing system. Those stones able to be aquire outside of the group dungeons other than taking someone else's? Of course taking someone else's will be fun as well.
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    If I buy this for the PS4, can it be accessed on my subaccounts???
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So other than subsidize the development of the console release and some PvE content, what exactly have PvP players gotten out of a year of paying a monthly subscription?

If you're still paying a monthly sub, you get all of this at no additional charge.

If you dropped your monthly sub, you now have a choice: One-Time 2,500 Crown fee or re-sub.

To me, the smart choice is the one-time purchase. You'll have it forever for less than the cost of 2 month's sub. Or sub for a month, collect 3,000 Crowns to buy the DLC with and unsub.

I never claimed to be smart, I'm paying a sub out of some sense of loyalty to the game. They really do need to beef up what people get for subbing to encourage more subs.

@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

If you're still paying a monthly sub, you get all of this at no additional charge.

If you dropped your monthly sub, you now have a choice: One-Time 2,500 Crown fee or re-sub.

To me, the smart choice is the one-time purchase. You'll have it forever for less than the cost of 2 month's sub. Or sub for a month, collect 3,000 Crowns to buy the DLC with and unsub.

I never claimed to be smart, I'm paying a sub out of some sense of loyalty to the game. They really do need to beef up what people get for subbing to encourage more subs.
    I was paying a subscription based on the promise of regular content updates, including the Imperial City. After a year, all we got is Craglorn. The whole loyalty aspect went down the drain as soon as ZOS announced the switch to B2P.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

My strategy will be to buy it with crowns and only sub when I fall below 2500 for the next DLC to get my sub crowns.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will those stones be avaible in crown store?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    will those stones be avaible in crown store?

No. We have no plans to sell Tel Var Stones in the Crown Store; you'll need to earn them!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HYPE!!! HYPE!!! HYPE!!!

Looks good, will be interested in hearing more as it comes out. :smiley:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following:

All content is available to players that are level 10 and up

Is this REALLY true? ALL the time? I'm not paying $25 or any amount of cash for content that can only be accessed once in a blue moon when my faction isn't losing in Cyrodiil!
    Asked this in another thread, but just in-case Brian is still around:
    A question for either @ZOS_BrianWheeler or @ZOS_JasonLeavey - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?
    Mrchavoda wrote: »
    I think they will see a big drop of subscribers over this. any have loyalty paid since they were made to expect game updates belong to the base game as was said at release and after, they will have a decent instant $20 from many players but long term its a shot in their own hand.

we shall see.
    Well, I'll be dropping my sub. If Imperial City had been free for everyone, with access based on keep ownership, then I would have kept it going.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Does this mean that once we discover those dungeons, we can teleport to them at anytime? No need to control home keeps or reach the sewers entrance or PvP through the sewers/city each time we attempt the new PvE dungeons? No worry about queuing or population locks? That would be great news! My major concern with this DLC was that we would get a group of 4 together to try the new PvE group content, but lose Dragonclaw just as we were about to start. Then we would retake Dragonclaw, fight our way to the sewers entrance, fight through the sewers/city to the dungeon, and ... the tank and healer have to go to work/dinner/bed.
  • Krision
    Krision
    ✭✭
    How I love ESO <3<3<3

My eyes water happiness
    DK tank v16
    Templar DPS v16

I will kill your monsters!!
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Wat! you can't get v16 gear with out these stones :( that sucks!
    Edited by Kloud on July 15, 2015 2:43PM
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I am aware there will be new sets but how about sets like Ravager, Morag Tong, Shadow Walker, Archmage, etc? Will these be updated at the launch or are they to be replaced with the new sets and fade into memory (Red Mountain)? I know it took you guys months to finally give us v14 versions of these sets, will you repeat this pattern? Also will be using AP to get these items or will we now need the Tel Var Stones? If so, this makes AP rather useless, especially those of us who are saving it.

Shall we also assume this new gear will be 'bound' on pick up? This would force players to purchase a subscription and or DLC to have access to the new items.

Are you going to resolve the lag issue with Cyrodiil? It lags harder than it ever has. Several popular players are on the verge of leaving this game due to the lag. Adding more content is not going distract us from these problems left unresolved.

You already announced a release date and we have not even tested it on PTS. It is currently 7/15 and you have a 8/31 launch. If we are to look at the history of this mmo, launches have been really problematic and premature. I mean for crying out loud we still have bugs from beta, let alone unresolved stability issues forcing players to unsub.

Can I finally get a response to my direct questions? It would be nice to finally get some transparency on things often evaded. If you don't know the answers at least tell me that or get us someone that does.

Thanks.

Edited by Xael on July 15, 2015 3:04PM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are the requirements for entering the Imperial City?
  • MisterJimothy
    MisterJimothy
    ✭✭✭
    Kloud wrote: »
    Wat! you can't get v16 gear with out these stones :( that sucks!

Yes you can. All dungeons are being scaled to v16
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Does this mean that once we discover those dungeons, we can teleport to them at anytime? No need to control home keeps or reach the sewers entrance or PvP through the sewers/city each time we attempt the new PvE dungeons? No worry about queuing or population locks? That would be great news! My major concern with this DLC was that we would get a group of 4 together to try the new PvE group content, but lose Dragonclaw just as we were about to start. Then we would retake Dragonclaw, fight our way to the sewers entrance, fight through the sewers/city to the dungeon, and ... the tank and healer have to go to work/dinner/bed.

Once you've discovered them, you can go to the dungeons any time (though keep in mind you do need to have the DLC in order to do so).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post