The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Imperial City Info Released

• Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Sadly the only real info we got here, that we haven't seen before, is the launch date and the crown cost.

I was hoping for more info.

As mentioned in the article, we'll be releasing more info each week as we get closer to its launch. And, of course, there will be a whole slew of patch notes when this hits the PTS later this month. ;)

What about existing pledges and Vet CoA? Will those be upscaled to VR16 aswell? I certainly hope so.

Yes, all dungeons and pledges will be scaled to VR16.

What about trials?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    "to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets"

So token system confirmed? So boring tbh. Hopefully it does not mean we need to log in daily. Does this mean they are moving from RNG entirely too.

Don't like the idea other players can kill you and loot these Tel Var Stones from you. Looks like it's setting up to be one massive griefing festival that most people will be burnt out and frustraited with in about a month.

Lootable stones sounds like fun, but Ive my doubts they are going for it. So disappointed, if its some basic 90's token system. Really hope they but some twist on it.
    Edited by Sausage on July 15, 2015 2:30PM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly the only real info we got here, that we haven't seen before, is the launch date and the crown cost.

As mentioned in the article, we'll be releasing more info each week as we get closer to its launch. And, of course, there will be a whole slew of patch notes when this hits the PTS later this month. ;)

What about existing pledges and Vet CoA? Will those be upscaled to VR16 aswell? I certainly hope so.

Very very good news! Thanks! :)
    PC EU
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need more info before I can yay or nay.

Mainly will access to the PvE content be restricted by the state of your alliance in PvP?

I don't want to feel forced into PvP when I don't enjoy it. I do want a shedload of PvE content though (and not just more dungeons!)

Remember, you only need your 6 home bases to get inside. This should be pretty easy for every faction to accomplish.
  • Edgemoor
    Edgemoor
    ✭✭✭
    "Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory."

So if you're PvE orientated your just gonna be a source of stones for the PvP'ers ....
    Edited by Edgemoor on July 15, 2015 2:34PM
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    $20. Wow, the balls on them.

At least the PRE-LAUNCH EVENTS could be interesting, but no way am I paying them $20 for that.

You do realise that its only 15 dollars for month subscription so you would get the dlc and 1500 crowns for month subscription and save a little money. Really don't understand the crown price.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »

Mainly will access to the PvE content be restricted by the state of your alliance in PvP?

I don't want to feel forced into PvP when I don't enjoy it. I do want a shedload of PvE content though (and not just more dungeons!)

Remember, you only need your 6 home bases to get inside. This should be pretty easy for every faction to accomplish.

I would assume it has to be your home campaign. So, everyone just homes their faction's buff campaign, and Cyrodil PvP dies altogether.

Awesome.
    Edited by Sallington on July 15, 2015 2:34PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I understand the reasoning behind the level cap increase to VR16. It is to sell the Imperial City DLC.

I look forward to checking this out on the PTS. I'm not convinced that I want to buy it yet though. I was expecting more details after the delay in the announcement.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

I would assume it has to be your home campaign. So, everyone just homes their faction's buff campaign, and Cyrodil PvP dies altogether.

Awesome.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're syaing, but, "buff campaigns" (if you're actually referring to the practice of joining a winning faction in order to receive the PvP bonuses OUTSIDE of Cyrodiil) are going away with I.C. from what I've heard.
    Edited by MCMancub on July 15, 2015 2:36PM
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is an item that I was certain I'd get during my subscription time and had hoped it would not be long after launch. Well my sub held from ESO launch all the way to ESOTU launch. There's no way I'm paying on top of that.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I have had PTS downloaded since forever. My advice to anyone who is considering paying for this, has issues with the cost, and has the space on their computer is to get on PTS when it hits there and see for themselves if the price is worth it. My hope is that it will not be as bug-riddled as all the previous content, but I won't hold my breath...

That said, about time we got something more specific than the proverbial *soon* so good job on the video and for finally coughing up a release date. Would like more details on the armor sets, how it will be acquired, if they will scale current Undaunteds, including CoA to v16, or if we are now just going to be ditching those for the new instances and toys...

On to v16... should be done in about a day, lol

• MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City

So, aside from crafted stuff (?), the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!

All pledges and vet dungeons have had their gear reworked and now scaled to V16. Get off your soap.
    Soulshine wrote: »
    That said, about time we got something more specific than the proverbial *soon* so good job on the video and for finally coughing up a release date. Would like more details on the armor sets, how it will be acquired, if they will scale current Undaunteds, including CoA to v16, or if we are now just going to be ditching those for the new instances and toys...

You should read some of the comments before posting. They've already said they would scale.
    Edited by MCMancub on July 15, 2015 2:40PM
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    1) Testing on the PTS but not consoles?
    *Yes, I'm obviously a console player.

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets"

So token system confirmed? So boring tbh. Hopefully it does not mean we need to log in daily. Does this mean they are moving from RNG entirely too.

Don't like the idea other players can kill you and loot these Tel Var Stones from you. Looks like it's setting up to be one massive griefing festival that most people will be burnt out and frustraited with in about a month.

Lootable stones sounds like fun, but Ive my doubts they are going for it. So disappointed, if its some basic 90's token system. Really hope they but some twist on it.

@Sausage they did put a twist on it.....if you die in there, someone else can take your stones lol
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

@Sausage they did put a twist on it.....if you die in there, someone else can take your stones lol

So its true, thats awesome.
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    very nice, just please dont make vigor assault 5 because i just got it on my nb and its going to suck ass if every fotm nb reroller will have access to it
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edgemoor wrote: »
    "Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory."

So if you're PvE orientated your just gonna be a source of stones for the PvP'ers ....

It´s a PvP Zone, deal with it.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is XP scaled? Is it like in Craglorn (=worthless) or scaled up from last Cadwell Gold areas?
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, am I understanding this wrong or would you actually have to play pvp to do the pve content in Imperial City? I hope that is not the case.

There are a lot of people who do not like to do pvp at all. (I myself don't mind)
    Edited by sparafucilsarwb17_ESO on July 15, 2015 2:48PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Awesome.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're syaing, but, "buff campaigns" (if you're actually referring to the practice of joining a winning faction in order to receive the PvP bonuses OUTSIDE of Cyrodiil) are going away with I.C. from what I've heard.
    Instead of buff campaigns they will now be IC campaigns. Same thing, different name.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

God I hate this VR16 change. Now I can throw out all the hard-earned undaunted stuff and Ebon / Savior gear. Or maybe not, because I will not have a VR16 character for the foreeseable future, as I'm not playing any of my veteran charcter because of this godawful ranking system that is still in place.

I also cannot imagine yet how scaling is going to work with level 10 and VR16 players playing together in endgame content.

At least I hope the IC will be great for exp, so I can skip Cadwells with all my characters.

And a small hooray for glass armor being part of the free update. Hooray!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Edgemoor
    Edgemoor
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Now I understand the reasoning behind the level cap increase to VR16. It is to sell the Imperial City DLC.

I look forward to checking this out on the PTS. I'm not convinced that I want to buy it yet though. I was expecting more details after the delay in the announcement.

The VR16 cap increase may well prove to be ESO's downfall in that the content update they've chosen to release with it is so specifically orientated to PvP. I'd also say the same if it was specifically solo PvE or group PvE as well. Any update that warrents a level cap increase, in my opinion, should have a good mix of activities for levelling and end game.
    Soulac wrote: »
    Edgemoor wrote: »

It´s a PvP Zone, deal with it.

I will, I just won't play it, which of course is everyone's prerogative ;-)
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps + 1 enemy keep
    • Access granted by owning the majority of keeps

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭

so we have to farm our head-sets again?...does this items scale up? there is no sense in RUNNING through this instances 30times+ for this heads again... thats boring.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was interested by the part in the base patch where it says...'New Undaunted Pledges'!!!

If its in the base patch then its not the new IC dungeons.... so what are these new pledges? New dungeons? New veteran version of dungeons? New solo pledges maybe?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's going to be really funny is if IC is impacted by the same lag issue in Cyrodil. If IC gets too crowded, will we have groups of people just throwing around unresponsive skills at each other?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I'm fairly excited for this, it'll be lame if I'm in the wrong campaign and can't access it most of the time or spend all my ap to move to it only to have it gone the next day and need to move campaigns again or take castles (we did know it would be this way though)

The thing I'm very confused about is the inherent insult to the entire team of people who spent over a year getting this ready and it only about $25 yet a mount that just came out was $30... how is that right? Some dude made a mount skin in a couple days vs. the tons of people, voice actors, programmers, marketing. It's making my brain bleed.

The inherent lesson here is don't release any content ever, just release skins.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, wow 2500 crowns. What's the point in subscribing again? Everybody I know with ESO+ has tons of crowns in their pockets, well more than enough to purchase this pack, and we were kinda banking on the DLC to justify our loyalty. I usually support ZOS decisions, but this feels like a gut punch to everyone that was told (recently I might add) that the DLC would make ESO+ worth having.

To highlight the Issue:
    -Subscribers are buying cosmetic items, but still have tons of left over (I'll call them 'Dead Crowns')
    -Subcribers generally have the gold to buy any of the gold-equivalents to crown consumables, so that's not a viable sink for Dead Crowns.
    -Subscribers could buy this DLC with all the Dead Crowns they have banked, and still have Dead Crowns left over.

Unless there is a big wave of DLC coming in around the same time as Imperial City it seems like the subs are being wasted.

Now that I have vented frustration, thanks for giving us some tasty info about Imperial City, but be aware it isn't without its share of bad feels.

First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Awesome.

Instead of buff campaigns they will now be IC campaigns. Same thing, different name.

But...the whole point of I.C. is to PvP. Yes, there's some PvE content there, but what you're saying is that the most popular aspect of this game is going to die because they added new content for it? What would be the point in keeping it unlocked if only 1 faction was on that campaign? You'll find that even today the most popular factions are the ones where there's the most conflict. No one likes to just sit in a winning campaign.
    Edited by MCMancub on July 15, 2015 2:50PM
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why sell it at 2,500 crowns and not 4,500? Kind of saddening to be honest, feels cheap now. twitch_emoticon___kappa_by_centaurman_plz-d8krk1d.png

Besides that though, really exciting stuff; particularly being able to prevent players from obtaining Stones for their item sets, I hope we can kill people to take their Stones, then drop Stones so no one can have them.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast