The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paying for content updates that you would otherwise get for free in a sub model... Gaming industry is going down the drain.
    Even worse, this is content that we should have gotten already. I guess pushing it back to after B2P release and then asking extra money for it is the way ZOS prefers to operate these days.
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so let me get this straight..... for content that was announced as upcoming BEFORE the crown store implementation, is now being sold on the crown store?

What content was released that should have had players paying that money from the time period of the announcement of all this "upcoming content" and the crown store??

You took peoples $15 month subscriptions to do what? Fix your mistakes? Sorry this may just be me but you don't get my money for doing that, I expect that $15 - $30 dollars a month I pay to be the content I buy AND any fixes too it.....

Honestly I am not sure I will get this, what you people did is down right thievery and I don't like it. I am not saying that the content you now gave doesn't look good and interesting, but the fact that you are so scummy and untrustworthy makes it simply hard to say that it's worth it.
    Edited by Hoodster92_ESO on July 15, 2015 3:21PM
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paying for content updates that you would otherwise get for free in a sub model... Gaming industry is going down the drain.

hey, if you actually still sub, you don't need to pay anything exta...
    (not a good deal, imho, but still...)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    1. Will there be safe areas in Imperial City?
    2. Will Imperial City share the same server space as Cyrodiil. IE, if Cyrodiil lags does Imperial City lag?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is your choice, pay nothing for 5 month and than pay the equal as 1,5 month for an DLC and play free for the next time again. Or pay the whole 5 month for the same "DLC". I don't understand the problem here...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JasonLeavey

I am aware there will be new sets but how about sets like Ravager, Morag Tong, Shadow Walker, Archmage, etc? Will these be updated at the launch or are they to be replaced with the new sets and fade into memory (Red Mountain)? I know it took you guys months to finally give us v14 versions of these sets, will you repeat this pattern? Also will we use AP to get these items or will we now need the Tel Var Stones? If so, this makes AP rather useless, especially those of us who are saving it.

Shall we also assume this new gear will be 'bound' on pick up? This would force players to purchase a subscription and or DLC to have access to the new items.

Are you going to resolve the lag issue with Cyrodiil? It lags harder than it ever has. Several popular players are on the verge of leaving this game due to the lag. Adding more content is not going distract us from these problems left unresolved. This is probably the most sought after update (fixing Cyrodiil lag).

You already announced a release date and we have not even tested it on PTS. It is currently 7/15 and you have a 8/31 launch. If we are to look at the history of this mmo, launches have been really problematic and premature. I mean for crying out loud we still have bugs from beta, let alone unresolved stability issues forcing players to unsub.

Can I finally get a response to my direct questions? It would be nice to finally get some transparency on things often evaded. If you don't know the answers at least tell me that or get us someone that does.

Thanks.

ZOS seriously this^
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on both EU and NA will I have to buy the DLC twice if I quit my ESO+ membership.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    OH I missed the part where you can kill players to get there stones! That's awesome can't wait!
  • andrantos
    andrantos
    ✭✭✭

You do have an option... sub and get access to the content for free so long as you maintain your sub. Or, you can opt to forgo the sub all together and pay for it upfront. Or... you could sub, get the sub benefits, save up enough crowns and drop your sub and buy all DLC you want.

The price does seem high... but then again, you get free access so long as you keep your sub going. Compared to lets say TSW, which doesn't even let you access DLC unless you buy it, whether you sub or not.
    Edited by andrantos on July 15, 2015 3:26PM
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory

Being able to loot defeated enemy players is one of the top 10 asked features across games with a PvP component, glad eso will include it, name it "Tel Var Stones" or "ears" im really happy.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting but now it looks like I have to pvp to enjoy my pve which is unfortunate.

I have to Pve to pvp also, besides, you may find more fun in figthing players rather than scripts.

Edited by R0M2K on July 15, 2015 3:28PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Being able to loot defeated enemy players is one of the top 10 asked features across games with a PvP component, glad eso will include it, name it "Tel Var Stones" or "ears" im really happy.
    That'd actually be a great replacement for the awful "Rewards for the Worthy". Just let us loot players every so many kills and spread out the Rewards to give the game more of a dynamic feel.
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my Tel Var Stone, there are many like it but this one is mine.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You still get them in a subscription as you used to if wanted, that option is called eso plus. However, the other option is to not pay a subscription at all and buy the access as a one time fee that is barely more than a month's subscription, and not have to continue paying unless you want one of the newer DLC packages months later. It's actually less expensive for us as players, but those die hards on wanting to have to pay a subscription can still do that easily enough through the account settings page.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Raizin wrote: »
    Shldnt be first point like "fixing the lags", or "making improvements to pvp gameplay"?

I guess i want too much once again... oh boi.
    There's a few lag fixes in the patch. On the PVP forums, they announced they're making changes to the way certain abilities do checks, and removing some redundant checks, which should help out with lag.

"shld help" and this types of words i read for very long time mate... not rly satisfaid with that, they still treat this like its something minor, which is not...
    Edited by Raizin on July 15, 2015 3:32PM
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It is your choice, pay nothing for 5 month and than pay the equal as 1,5 month for an DLC and play free for the next time again. Or pay the whole 5 month for the same "DLC". I don't understand the problem here...

The problem is that this content was already payed for prior to the Crown Stores Arival through the Subcsriptions the earlier players had to pay. It's not about the system now, its the fact that this content is "essentially" grouped with the system that was before aka that this content should have been no DLC.
  • andrantos
    andrantos
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so let me get this straight..... for content that was announced as upcoming BEFORE the crown store implementation, is now being sold on the crown store?

What content was released that should have had players paying that money from the time period of the announcement of all this "upcoming content" and the crown store??

You took peoples $15 month subscriptions to do what? Fix your mistakes? Sorry this may just be me but you don't get my money for doing that, I expect that $15 - $30 dollars a month I pay to be the content I buy AND any fixes too it.....

Honestly I am not sure I will get this, what you people did is down right thievery and I don't like it. I am not saying that the content you now gave doesn't look good and interesting, but the fact that you are so scummy and untrustworthy makes it simply hard to say that it's worth it.

If you sub, as you did in the past, the Imperial City DLC will be accessible to you for free. So long as you sub, you get continued access to the DLC without paying extra. Its pretty simple actually, and more than fair. If they maintain this model moving forward, it actually makes the sub an even better value because you could theoretically hoard your monthly crown allowance until you have enough to buy whatever DLC you want so you can access it without having to maintain a sub.
    Edited by andrantos on July 15, 2015 3:33PM
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, lemme fix that for ya there ;)
    Wait a minute ZOS! I killed defeated Molag Bal a year ago, so why is he still controlling the Imperial City?

Second: @ZOS_GinaBruno
    We need a broadcast email, to all accounts, showcasing this article.
    This is big, and very good, stuff! Personally, I'm stoking the fires on my guild site as I write this. B)
    Well done folks! Well done!

Last, but *definitely* not least, the superhero of the day: @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Re: Access rules:
    I've been speaking with my guildies about this for a while now. Our overwhelming preference is for all buyers / subscribers to have open, non-restricted access to the entirety of the Imperial city, since it's a paid DLC, rather than a free system wide update.

Hope this helps, and thanks again for all of your hard work folks!
    ~GTech_1, Chief of Unlimited
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locked threads are cool. Thanks for not letting concerned players discuss how they view ZOS move to make this a payed DLC that was promised and already payed for pre BTP. As a PC player I really appreciated paying for console launch and being told I have to pay a for IC as well (NOT).
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like all the people defending ZOS' treachery.
  • Nivinfarr
    Nivinfarr
    ✭✭✭
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?

I'm terrible at PVP, but I understand how this system is desirable for many who do enjoy PVP. I just hope this doesn't become an incentive for griefing.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Locked threads are cool. Thanks for not letting concerned players discuss how they view ZOS move to make this a payed DLC that was promised and already payed for pre BTP. As a PC player I really appreciated paying for console launch and being told I have to pay a for IC as well (NOT).
    The DLC was part of the subscription costs, and that hasn't changed. If you subscribe you still get the DLC. If you don't subscribe... you have to pay for. That's always been how it worked, and nothing changed for that.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, but you're going to have a very difficult time convincing anyone that having to pay $15/month to play every single month is a good deal compared to paying around $18.20 once, and getting to play it forever. 5500 crowns = $40. We also no longer have had to pay the $15 each month from late march to now, so each month that goes by means another fifteen bucks we didn't have to pay versus the old model. That currently means for us older players we've saved 60 dollars in fees so far and only have to pay 18 bucks once, in another month and a half, which would have been another $22.50 worth of subscription payments. And then we're back to no payment again until the next DLC hits. You can still just subscribe if you want anyway... but it's not as good of a value for the money unless you value the 10% xp extremely highly and love to buy cosmetics often.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory

I'm not fond of the idea of losing my hard earned stones to an enemy player who ganked me cause I got up to answer my front door or grab a drink. It will be interesting to see how one can avoid this mechanic without making downtime (ie. loadscreens, ques etc.) any more unbearable than they already are.

In addition to this there are many pvp players using lag exploits (I wont detail it, but its the one that causes 5-6 skills to hit a player in rapid succession) that can obviously exploit this mechanic to no end. @ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_GinaBruno do you have any way to combat this from affecting the stones system? do you acknowledge it's existence?
    Edited by Cuyler on July 15, 2015 4:17PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    But I hate unbalanced PvP =(
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way to go, ZOS. Introduce a new currency for all the new stuff, making what we have right now completely worthless and then make it attainable in PK environment with the risk to lose it.

Didn't you say you wanted to tackle the zerg issue?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute ZOS! I killed Molag Bal a year ago, so why is he still controlling the Imperial City?
    You only weakened him temporarily, Daedra can't be permanently killed. You even talk to him during the epilogue.
    And in addition to that, it's quite likely that the Imperial City content takes place before the end of the Main Quest in the game's timeline.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty cool. I assume the Imperial City will be available in all campaigns, vet and non-vet?

And... not to be a jerk about this... but what about that announcement could not have been said on Monday?

It was probably in the details, and there still had not been a decision on some of them from the higher ups. Or it could have been in regards to the release date- and they were waiting on information from an outside party on those.

There are a wide variety of non-development issues that affect the ability to release development details. And better to release them all at once than deal with the inevitable cries on things that are not spec'd out well.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Will past gear sets also be available in VR16 sets?

Or will all of our game time become forced into this new content as the only way to get vr16 gear?
    Aka, making 95% of the games content useless to VR16 players.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    The DLC was part of the subscription costs, and that hasn't changed. If you subscribe you still get the DLC. If you don't subscribe... you have to pay for. That's always been how it worked, and nothing changed for that.

Most be a console player or someone that doesn't understand the value of money or has everything payed for them by their mother. I personally already spent hundreds of dollars of my money for this content specifically expecting it to be in the next major update over and over. Maybe you can understand my frustration in their decision here to make the PC players pay for something that has been payed for 10 times over. Then we are told hey guess what, we are going BTP and all the money you spent expecting this promised content is just used on a console launch, then being told you have to pay for said content again. Wtf. Are you really so blind to see where PC gamers are coming from on this.? I mean seriously.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper