The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

• Oolou
    Oolou
    ✭✭✭
    Because many have paid a subscription and went a very long time without any new content to show for the subscription? Saying it was " always a part of the sub model " doesnt fly because people paid a sub and didnt get a thing for a long time. That is why those that had accounts and paid a sub prior to buy to play should get this DLC for free.

I've played since beta, was given 4700 crowns when the game went B2P. And I will use this gift to buy the DLC when it arrives. In effect, I will be getting it for free.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Esha76 wrote: »
    So wait... there is already an imbalance in PvP, and that imbalance is only going to increase as champion points increase. So these ridiculously powerful players that everyone ALREADY *** about will just be able to roam around IC and kill people, taking their stone and preventing them from getting the new / better gear? Or what's to stop a zerg doing the same thing?

For that matter, who gets the stone drops? does just one person, or does everyone who contributed to ganking that person get a copy of the stone stack? That would make farming people a lot more efficient than anything else.
    [/spoil;er]
    Really getting tired of forcing PvX on those that aren't interested in that game type. Separate out your systems please, if you plan on having both in your game.
    This.

I am perfectly ok with the notion that not all content in an MMO is going to cater to everyone (such as me with PvP focus content). But I am glad to see new content to keep a portion of the community involved with the game and keeping it alive.

However, I am appalled at the notion that I will be penalized for dying in PvP in the form of having my "hard earned" stones taken from me. You give ZERO incentive for those new to PvP to try this system out, thus no reason to buy this expansion from you.
    As much as I feel PvP needs a better reward system, taking from those of us who... simply suck at it and/or are new... is the worst idea you could have done with this expansion. You are catering to gankers and elitists. I will have no part of this.

If these stones are the only real way to acquire higher level gear with this expansion, then you're not getting any money from me on this one.

That's what Cyrodiil proper is good for, and depositing your Tel Var stones into the bank. More frequent trips to the bank to deposit means more safety, but less earning potential due to the traveling. MMORPG's are designed around competition, both PVE and PVP. You can see this in any game, but ESO especially wasn't advertised as anything else between leaderboards, the competitive tagging system, economy with guild stores, trials leaderboards, cyrodiil alliance war skill lines, cyrodiil leaderboards, and emperorship all up for grabs to the best players.

If you're new to PVP do what everyone does now who is green at PVP that isn't a non-instanced battleground/scenario-style with 10 on 10 teams and a fixed duration: go out there, learn, and practice. Join or make groups if you need, to get a little more support. Make friends and get better at it until you stop dying enough that you feel comfortable trying to accrue those stones. :)

Also bear in mind just as with current PVP gear you can buy these with gold as the items are bind on equip. You can't say the same of PVE Trials gear and Undaunted PVE dungeon sets.

ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Imperial City is going to thrive for gankers. Not trying to join in with the negative comments, but man, gear grinding is going to be a nightmare for the mediocre PvP player.

Well, there is a solution... ;). Great PVP players can kill 5-10 or so at times, and a great duo can take out more than that. You can't ask for much more skill-based gameplay than this design :D. The one major concern I still have is XP parity for pvp... player kills need to be worth multiple times what they are now to bring them up to speed with what pve mob grinding gives for vetranks/champion ranks.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 6:45PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nivinfarr wrote: »
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?
    You will have the option of depositing Tel Var Stones into the bank, but there are some minimum restrictions in place. Additionally, you will lose all of the stones on your person when you die in PvP. Both of these exact values are still subject to change as we continue to fine tune the system based on our logs and player feedback.
    @Philip_Draven @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    1. Is this only player kills or do you lose them from npc deaths and environment deaths as well.
    2. Is it only killing blows that give you a stone if the person you killed had one, or is it anyone that gets ap for the kill?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?
    You will have the option of depositing Tel Var Stones into the bank, but there are some minimum restrictions in place. Additionally, you will lose all of the stones on your person when you die in PvP. Both of these exact values are still subject to change as we continue to fine tune the system based on our logs and player feedback.
    While this sounds interesting and so exciting like old school full loot pvp games, this will result in even bigger zergs and even more ganking. Please consider there are still big chunk of solo/small scale players aside from gankers and zergs. And this is just not fun at all for us :|

I like the idea, dont get me wrong but please award this playstyle.
    Edited by Soris on July 15, 2015 6:54PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    While this sounds interesting and so exciting like old school full loot pvp games, this will result in even bigger zergs and even more ganking. Please consider there are still big chunk of solo/small scale players aside from gankers and zergs. And this is just not fun at all for us :|

They do already, right now. The majority of the top leaderboard spots aren't earned by zerging in a blob of 30-50+ people. It's efficiency and skill by smaller groups taking on multiple times their number, killing quick, and winning consistently. Zerging around and earning 10-20k AP an hour is nothing compared to what organized, great players can pull off in the same amount of time. The same will be true of them taking the zerg's stones :D.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 6:58PM

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more the whole Tel Var stones situation needs to be revised. The first thing you have to learn in PvP is you're going to die. It's a major deterring factor for many players to get involved. But once you understand that flow, you learn to deal with it.

But now that end game gear is going to heavily be involved with the Imperial City and these Tel Var stones, it's going to be a pretty big deal. Not even going into the imbalance with Champion Points, people will be completely out of their league here. Solo play will be completely out of the question if you want to earn this new currency reliably. And how will the perks of emperor play in the Imperial City?

Will soul gems allow us to self raise in this zone? If you're part of a group facing other players, will the Tel Var stones be divvied up like exp or just highest damage dealer/killing blow? Has it been considered to only lose a portion of these Tel Var stones instead of all? Seems fair to make it 10% of total on a person (with a minimum number if they don't have many). All this is going to do is just going to set people up. There are just many situations that you can never get revenge on a person, whether out classed, out skilled, etc. Some people are just better at PvP. No amount of practice changes that.

I'm not saying make this area easy. Make it hard. But this is DLC, not an addition to PvP. You have to consider all factors here. No amount of player testing will solve this.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on July 15, 2015 7:10PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do already, right now. The majority of the top leaderboard spots aren't earned by zerging in a blob of 30-50+ people. It's efficiency and skill by smaller groups taking on multiple times their number, killing quick, and winning consistently. Zerging around and earning 10-20k AP an hour is nothing compared to what organized, great players can pull off in the same amount of time. The same will be true of them taking the zerg's stones :D.
    How about soloers or groups with 4-5 ppl max? There isn't much to do. Game mechanics limits you in first place
    Edited by Soris on July 15, 2015 7:01PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • piratecody
    piratecody
    Soul Shriven
    There needs to be an auction house. It would have been great if it was added with the Imperial City
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSchroeder wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    This update announcement includes the two new vet levels and associated gear but makes no mention of extensions to the active side of crafting (new crafting passives are mentioned).

Will we be able to make VR16 gear? New sets? Traits? etc... or will we be dependent on a group-PvE and PVP based supply chain for these items? You know, something that seems to completely exclude the solo or semi-solo-PvE style player.

You can craft VR 15 and VR 16 items, using materials gained from exploring the Imperial City - either through deconstructing the items you find there, or purchasing the crafting materials directly from vendors using Tel Var Stones. (The Imperial City has no crafting nodes, because it's both totally urbanized and totally destroyed.) Those materials can then be sold on Guild Stores or traded to other players.

There are three new Item Sets to craft, also found within the Imperial City. I can't share details quite yet, but you'll find them soon enough. However, there are not any new Traits this time around.

Will mobs from the new group dungeons in IC also drop items that can be deconstructed for the new material? @MSchroeder
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more the whole Tel Var stones situation needs to be revised. The first thing you have to learn in PvP is you're going to die. It's a major deterring factor for many players to get involved. But once you understand that flow, you learn to deal with it.

But now that end game gear is going to heavily be involved with the Imperial City and these Tel Var stones, it's going to be a pretty big deal. Not even going into the imbalance with Champion Points, people will be completely out of their league here. Solo play will be completely out of the question if you want to earn this new currency reliably. And how will the perks of emperor play in the Imperial City?

Will soul gems allow us to self raise in this zone? If you're part of a group facing other players, will the Tel Var stones be divvied up like exp or just highest damage dealer/killing blow? Has it been considered to only lose a portion of these Tel Var stones instead of all? Seems fair to make it 10% of total on a person (with a minimum number if they don't have many). All this is going to do is just going to set people up. There are just many situations that you can never get revenge on a person, whether out classed, out skilled, etc. Some people are just better at PvP. No amount of practice changes that.

I'm not saying make this area easy. Make it hard. But this is DLC, not an addition to PvP. You have to consider all factors here. No amount of player testing will solve this.

You die in PVE, too. What's the deterrent? You lose basically nothing in PVE or PVP for dying, unless you count a 45-60 second run back a major deterring factor. That's equal between them right now. The Tel Var stones will add a risk element to the gameplay in PVP in the Imperial City, (which is what the area is designed around, and always has been advertised as). No one's mandating that you participate, but it is a PVP addition, with nothing else said about it. It's sold as a DLC pack, just as Orsinium will be for PVE-only, and Wrothgar. I'm sure there will be further packages for both PVE-only and PVP-only in the future.

If you aren't able to get the Tel Var stones, you can still get the gear anyway. I wish it had some bind on pickup items too, but it's all bind on equip just as prior PVP gear was. So if you really aren't good at PVP, you can still farm PVE for gold to buy it from those who are. Just like PVP'ers buy bind on equip stuff from vDSA loopers and Trial-smashers :). I do both PVE and PVP, myself. I love this system.PVE has many bind on equip sets that are strong just as PVP does, to trade between. By contrast to PVP, however, PVE undaunted sets, vet dungeon sets like Thorn, and Trial sets are only obtainable from PVE with no way to buy them with gold. If anything, it's slanted too much towards PVE-favorability in this regard.

The entire point of the Imperial City is to be a major, crowning jewel of the PVP gameplay of ESO. More pve-only stuff will be coming with Orsinium later this year, and followed by Wrothgar and who knows what else after. PVP has had little added to it since launch, while PVE has gained multiple vet dungeons including vCOA which is fun, the vet Dragonstar arena, 3 trials, and craglorn. Additionally, the vast majority of the game world is designed for solo PVE questing play in the first place.

How about soloers or groups with 4-5 ppl max? There isn't much to do. Game mechanics limits you in first place

Nope, it really doesn't. I already had covered that in my post, though. You can take keeps with 4-5 people easily. You can kill 15-20+ people if you're good enough.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 7:25PM

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    MSchroeder wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    This update announcement includes the two new vet levels and associated gear but makes no mention of extensions to the active side of crafting (new crafting passives are mentioned).

Will we be able to make VR16 gear? New sets? Traits? etc... or will we be dependent on a group-PvE and PVP based supply chain for these items? You know, something that seems to completely exclude the solo or semi-solo-PvE style player.

You can craft VR 15 and VR 16 items, using materials gained from exploring the Imperial City - either through deconstructing the items you find there, or purchasing the crafting materials directly from vendors using Tel Var Stones. (The Imperial City has no crafting nodes, because it's both totally urbanized and totally destroyed.) Those materials can then be sold on Guild Stores or traded to other players.

There are three new Item Sets to craft, also found within the Imperial City. I can't share details quite yet, but you'll find them soon enough. However, there are not any new Traits this time around.

Will mobs from the new group dungeons in IC also drop items that can be deconstructed for the new material? @MSchroeder

Will player kills provide comparable XP to PVE mob grinding per hour typically? And will rewards for the worthy bags' vr15/16 items be deconstructable to gain the new crafting materials?

✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Has the team considered granting a one time bonus of 2500 coins to those who have subbed longer than 9/12 months at this point as a thank you for the loyalty shown by PC customers during the launch year? (would allow players who feel cheated, whether rightly or wrongly, by the fact that 'no content' was delivered during their sub period a gesture of good will and would encourage others who haven't subbed to sub knowing that after that long duration they get a bonus) for example?

If not is it something you would consider for the future?

Interesting idea but I don't think ZOS should have to pay people to play their game. That kind of defeats the purpose of running a business. If they paid everyone off when they start screaming then they'll end up bankrupt and then nobody will be playing ESO. I agree that subscribers should be getting some reward for loyalty and other then crowns there doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of encouragement to maintain a subscription. Truth be told once I reach level cap, perhaps even before then, I don't plan on subbing any longer. If there was some other incentive to continue as a sub then I might consider it but right now it seems the crowns and level/gold/ip bonuses are the only reason to maintain the sub.

If they release a big expansion or expansions that is sub only, I wouldn't complain about that and I would definitely maintain my monthly sub. They already have The Rift and Eastmarch, maybe open up the rest of Skyrim. Let us explore Solitude, Whiterun and Winterhold. Let us climb the 7 Thousand Steps of High Hrothgar and learn the way of the voice, perhaps giving us a new ultimate in the process. This might make people who don't sub upset but it would help appease the paying players and provide a reason for them to continue paying without feeling they've been cheated.
    Edited by KewaG on July 15, 2015 7:28PM
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Attorneyatlawl, I hate that you spent so much time responding to my post, as you've missed my point entirely. I'm not complaining about the PvP DLC, in fact, PvP needs it. I'm also not deterred from Cyrodiil, but I know many are. But you're way off base on a lot of your explanation as well as not understanding where I was coming from.
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news! I really hope new dungeons will be a little harder than what we have now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsvFD4C2Hyw

(and I'm not even close to 1000 CP like some people)
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »
    Good news! I really hope new dungeons will be a little harder than what we have now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsvFD4C2Hyw

(and I'm not even close to 1000 CP like some people)

I've been tanking Skoria in full light armor and a destro/dual-wield combination when going on extra helm runs. Outside of what I hear can be rough stamina management on the axes in hard-mode AA (though I only hear those complaints seldomly), tanking in a tank build is overall trivial enough in ESO that most people on the high end just pump the DPS and drop a large amount of their tanking capability because it simply is unneeded. I'm hoping the stamina regen being gone while blocking will help add a bit more difficulty to it :(.
    @Attorneyatlawl, I hate that you spent so much time responding to my post, as you've missed my point entirely. I'm not complaining about the PvP DLC, in fact, PvP needs it. I'm also not deterred from Cyrodiil, but I know many are. But you're way off base on a lot of your explanation as well as not understanding where I was coming from.

I'd be happy to hear a clarification and reply to that, instead :).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the impression I got from your post was that it's looking like it will be too difficult for new players to earn top-end PVP-sourced rewards because of the risk element (and gain element for the skilled) of Tel Var stone drops on death? They are bankable, and thus can be saved up. However, there's no substitute for skill or organization in your group/guild/faction to help pull off the wins. I know you mentioned that you think people are deterred/scared to go into a PVP area because they can die to other players... but they don't lose anything more otherwise than they do for dying to a mob in a PVE area. It's a very exaggerated concern by those people :).

That's what I had gotten from your post, @ThePonzzz, and I had framed my reply around that. As I mentioned before, please feel free to clarify or add more if I missed the point <3.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 7:39PM

Lava_Croft wrote: »
    So after all this waiting. All this subscription paying. All these promises. All these delays.

You want 2500 Crowns for the Imperial City.

I cannot think of a better way ZOS could have said "go *** yourself, scrub" to loyal customers.

I think you missed something while you were reading the launch details, because if you've been paying your subscription (as you stated above), you do NOT have to pay the 2500 crowns for the expansion pack. That cost is for non-ESO Plus members. As seen in their quote below:

The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.

I think @Lava_Croft is saying that paying the ESO+ for months is not worth unlimited access to a 2500 crown DLC, which they probably have, like every other ESO+ member, enough dead crowns in pocket to buy it straight up with more crowns to spare. It is a huge smack in the face for players that have been subbed for a while with the promise that the DLC will make up for a lack of Value that ESO+ provides. This lack of value has been officially acknowledged by ZOS.
    ESO+ doesn't even matter in this case. As a PvP player, I have paid a subscription fee for over a year, only to see next to no new content and a state of PvP that is worse than it ever was when you look at things like the lag and bugs.

If you have a paid sub for over a year and are an ESO+ member, why complain about the 2500 crowns? You shouldn't have to pay that amount. As for the other, yeah, definitely a reason to be annoyed! The lag, the inability (at times) to cause the doors to be inaccessible, requiring a logout to fix, the lack of new content and the myriad of other issues that haven't been addressed for more than a year... THOSE are enough to not be happy about, but you shouldn't have to worry about the 2500 crowns if you've remained current in your sub. So, other than the crowns, I agree 100% with you.
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    will those stones be avaible in crown store?

No. We have no plans to sell Tel Var Stones in the Crown Store; you'll need to earn them!

Why no console chat box? not even a reply after a 57 pages thread?
    I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    will those stones be avaible in crown store?

No. We have no plans to sell Tel Var Stones in the Crown Store; you'll need to earn them!

Why no console chat box? not even a reply after a 57 pages thread?

Same reason this kind of thread doesn't have a reply: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160517 . They have no comment they want to publicly make. The same is true for hundreds of other threads, whether or not the feedback is being worked on to be addressed. However, neither of those are really relevant to this thread, in any case. On-topic: Any chance of an update regarding PVP and PVE xp parity for veteran and champion leveling? :D
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 7:59PM

✭✭✭
    What a LOAD OF CRAP!!! Imperial city has been DONE for months and promised before the game even brought in the champion system but now WE have to pay for it. I am glad I unsubbed and stopped giving them money every month. They have done nothing but break promises. A new/old PVP zone should not cost US money. So this is the new content? I see why some of there higher ups left and moved on to other games. Are we going to ever see DEV's have a discussion on the forums ? been over 9 months not a response in there own area. Glad we get to see last years quakecom finally happen at this years quakecom.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my favorite game of all time. I was playing it unhealthy amount and staying up too late, not getting enough sleep, not working out, but obtaining emperor status in Cyrodiil. 1.5 with soft caps was perfect, 1.6 with champion system and unlimited resources and stacking damage to make it possible to 1-2 shot people, addition of prox detonation so we now have groups of 20+ timing their prox dets to explode at the same time while half the group runs barrier as their ultimate as just a few examples where this game has headed in the wrong direction.

So, thank you ZOS for really making no changes since 1.5, other than the horse system and costume system, that I have liked. It has allowed me to play your game less and lead a healthier lifestyle with more sleep and working out lol.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • iTz_Silentknife
    iTz_Silentknife
    Soul Shriven
    So if you go along with the 6 keep requirement for the entrance to imp city, will you make it so that if an enemy faction takes one of your faction's 6 keeps, the players of your faction that are still inside imp city have to stay there until they die?

Personally I think that would be really fun, cause once you lock the way in/out it becomes a challenge to survive the other factions. Also anyone that wanted to get out could just get themselves killed by a daedra or an enemy pvper, so you could keep the way out closed imo.
  • Djaevleungen
    Djaevleungen
    Soul Shriven
    So after all this time. You guys promised us that the people who had been gaming for over a year we would get Imperial City for free, you guys are going to want us to pay for it??? Are you guys serius! We have already been paying for over a year.... And you guys promised us to get it for free. We desurves it. We have been waiting for something new for such a long time. You guys didn't even finish Justice System before you focused on the consol... Come on!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after all this time. You guys promised us that the people who had been gaming for over a year we would get Imperial City for free, you guys are going to want us to pay for it??? Are you guys serius! We have already been paying for over a year.... And you guys promised us to get it for free. We desurves it. We have been waiting for something new for such a long time. You guys didn't even finish Justice System before you focused on the consol... Come on!
    They never promised it for free.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is zero difference between how Imperial City was going to be available to you from last year compared to now.

In both cases you had to subscribe to get Imperial City...

Only now they've added an option if you're not subscribed you can spend 2500 crowns and get it for good.

Whining about IC costing money is hilarious..and frankly silly.
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    YES! Can't wait to try this on PTS.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm already pretty certain I'm buying Orsinium. But I'm going to have to play IC on the PTS fist. On one hand, it could feel really intense and epic. On the other, it could feel like a claustrophobic cluster *** spam fest.

If it's fun and enjoyable, I have no problem paying $25 for months of entertainment. But if it's tedious and punishing, then I'm probably going to skip it.
    signing off
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be happy to hear a clarification and reply to that, instead :).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the impression I got from your post was that it's looking like it will be too difficult for new players to earn top-end PVP-sourced rewards because of the risk element (and gain element for the skilled) of Tel Var stone drops on death? They are bankable, and thus can be saved up. However, there's no substitute for skill or organization in your group/guild/faction to help pull off the wins. I know you mentioned that you think people are deterred/scared to go into a PVP area because they can die to other players... but they don't lose anything more otherwise than they do for dying to a mob in a PVE area. It's a very exaggerated concern by those people :).

That's what I had gotten from your post, @ThePonzzz, and I had framed my reply around that. As I mentioned before, please feel free to clarify or add more if I missed the point <3.

@Attorneyatlawl, it's not about new players or even seasoned PvE players having difficulty playing PvP. It's the fact that combat is very quick in Cyrodiil. If you're not prepared or you're not experienced, you're just a little puddle of AP waiting to be soaked up. I realize that @ZOS_BrianWheeler mentioned there will be elements to slow down PvP combat in the next update. But you can play the entire PvE game with a certain skill set since launch and never experience the same needs in PvP. It's completely and totally different.

There are ways currently to craft end game gear. There are also ways to find gear. There is some stuff available at the Elite Gear Vendor in Cyrodiil, but it's totally not necessary to use that gear. It looks like that all of the VR16 gear will be Imperial City drops, either PvP related or PvE related. But the point is still getting to the Imperial City. Yes, you can purchase from the player base, but if this is the new content that we'll have, people are going to want to participate.

I'm not saying any of this has to change. What I am saying is, the Tel Var stones setup, as it's been explained, doesn't feel like the right path to go. If soul gem resurrection will be allowed in Cyrodiil, it could be helpful. Then maybe you can try to get your Tel Var stones back. It will certainly ease some of the concern. Being ganked, picked off, the weakest link, etc in PvP happens. It's normal. Losing EVERYTHING earned is what seems a bit much, when we've not dealt with any sort of mechanic like this. In a PvE situation, I could overcome it. But there are things I simply can't do in PvP. I can't survive a zerg. I can't overcome people with 500+ CP. I barely can handle one-on-one combat in Cyrodiil. Like I said, I'm a mediocre player. I feel terrible for the people who have never stepped foot in Cyrodiil.

I've been in Cyrodiil 2 months now, been playing since launch. I've come to terms that I'm not going to be the next up-and-coming PvP player. I'm also fine with not walking out with the best gear without having to fork over a mountainous pile of gold for it. I'm okay with these facts. But this Tel Var stones situation is the completely opposite thing to do if we're looking to address the zergs and gankers in Cyrodiil. This promotes it. But instead of just losing time and playing horse simulator, we'll actually be losing something tangible in the game that may have taken a long time to earn. Griefing will be at an all time high.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on July 15, 2015 9:29PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.. New ganker strat.. wait until a team has beaten a mini-boss and collected thier Tel Var Stones.. then jump them while they are recovering and take them.. Sounds MUCH better than actually fighting the boss. >:)
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The "balancing" statement makes me leary. I hate it when my characters get messed with.
    That being said, I am excited about the increase in XP. It is desperately needed.
    I look forward to all the new content coming. And hopefully fixes to some of the current issues
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the worried PvE guys:

You learn to PvP in no time, and its far more fun to figth persons than scripts.