Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• Darth_Trayus
    Darth_Trayus
    Soul Shriven
    I'm done trying to do this quest. In its current form it just isn't possible to do, there are too many ways it can be screwed up. There are too many people that don't know what to do and either can't or won't listen to those that try to explain it to them.

Top that off with the trolls that seem to dedicate their lives to preventing people from completing a quest simply because they can, hell they even made an organized guild for that very purpose. I have been playing mmos for 12 years from EQ to WoW to SWTOR and others. In all those years I have never seen a quest as broken as this one.

I'm just going to wait until they patch it because this just nothing but a constant source of irritation at this point.
  • Pollux_Bray
    interogative; do you have to complete this quest? is it an integral part of a storyline? if its not, it wont be as inconvenient but if this stops a storyline dead in its tracks then it should be a higher priority.. eso knows were going to continue playing regardless but letting us know that they realize this is pretty uncool. lol
    Max Clothier, Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Provisioning, Alchemy. Master of Motifs. I take orders for items, either your mats + a tip or mine, market price of all materials included + 20% for work done. Cheers.
  • Pollux_Bray
    i also logged on at 2am eastern time to see if the room was empty, it was just as full as before. bah..
    Max Clothier, Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Provisioning, Alchemy. Master of Motifs. I take orders for items, either your mats + a tip or mine, market price of all materials included + 20% for work done. Cheers.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interogative; do you have to complete this quest? is it an integral part of a storyline? if its not, it wont be as inconvenient but if this stops a storyline dead in its tracks then it should be a higher priority.. eso knows were going to continue playing regardless but letting us know that they realize this is pretty uncool. lol
    It's not an integral part of the Dominion storyline during 1-50 content, but it is an integral part of Cadwell's Almanac (at VR4 and VR9).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    I have been waiting for 2 and a half weeks to finish this quest. I've tried odd hours on my days off, but the hard part is dealing with the kids who are out for school. I've had to deal with the racist people, the trolls, the guy in the wedding dress who proclaimed himself the Jesus of Elder Scrolls, someone who claimed to be Putin, and various people who think playing things off of Internet into their head set is funny.

I've tried calling Zenimax three times and every time I call it's the same old wait on hold for hours and never get someone to answer.

Every time I make this point I'm being unfair to Zenimax, but if the game has been out for a year and this was a problem before what made you think this wasn't going to be a problem now? I think it's fair to assume you knew about this and ignored it hoping for the best.

My immersion has been ruined.
    Edited by mbaker540 on July 8, 2015 3:24PM
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • glassmirrors
    glassmirrors
    Soul Shriven
    This is getting ridiculous. I've watched trolls kill her every time she's spawned for days.
    I've reported some of these trolls time and again but they're still there, stopping everyone else from doing the quest.
    This deserves a hardline approach. One of them literally read out your reply to them yesterday, asking them to move on from the area and laughed at it. These people need to be removed from the server until there is a fix for this issue.

This is game ruining for me and if it's not fixed I'd probably like a refund on my game seeing as my experience is being ruined and I cannot progress in the storyline, all the while my playstation plus account trickles away...

Xenimax can you please deal with this ASAP, it is getting to the point of such frustration that I am going to stop playing the game completely. This is game breaking, not to mention highlights members of the community that need to be banned.

I have had people openly say on group chat they are going to kill her unless people pay them 10,000 gold and they 'might not' kill her.
    We deserve an immediate fix and compensation in the form of crowns perhaps or free skill points etc, I have wasted so much time as have many others on this quest.
  • LordKilous
    LordKilous
    Soul Shriven
    Good news my house has never been cleaner!

How you ask? Cause I spend so much time sitting in this stupid room hoping some idiot doesn't mess it up for us so we can complete this quest!

Please please patch it to where she can't die until she summons all her pets or something. It's annoying and frustrating.
  • Renton1129
    Renton1129
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if I just got lucky or something was fixed!! Finally completed!
    I hope everyone understands this is a 3 part quest we are all having issues with. I logged off last night inside the room where she spawns when my quest objective read: "Defend the Silvenar." When this quest is active is generally when you see her spawn over and over and people kill her. You will never complete the quest when this is happening. When I logged on this morning (still inside the room) I was fortunate enough to be in the room with the quest that reads: "Defeat the Silvenar's Captor". Sure enough, she was standing there. Usually it seems to bug out when you are on the this quest and she will never spawn.
    I was with maybe 5 others. We killed her, ran downstairs to speak to the Silvenar, then the waves of enemies begin to actually defend him. I finally was able to see the correct order of the quest chain and it goes like this.
    "Defeat the Silvenar's Captor">>"Talk to the Silver">>"Defend the Silver"
    Edited by Renton1129 on July 8, 2015 3:53PM
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Reposting the latest update for anyone just finding this thread.

From July 2
    Hi everyone,

As an update, we do still plan to roll out a fix for the issues impacting completion of this quest and The Moonlit Path, in the next incremental patch. (And all console patches must go through certification.) As mentioned previously, this is not something we can hotfix--we're redesigning how these quests complete to prevent the current issue from happening. Unfortunately, that patch is now a few weeks out at this time. In the meantime, you may be able to complete these quests when there are fewer players around, or immediately after a server reboot. We do apologize for the frustration--please know that we genuinely are working to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.

PS4 NA
  • RedZayRanger
    Is this quest even being looked to? I'm on day 7 doing this annoying quest and it's the same every SINGLE time! Always packed with people and even if the room dies out to about 5-10 people, guess what? There's always gonna be that one a-hole (trolls) who messes up the entire quest.

Reporting doesn't do anything; both in-game and XBL. Me and about 20+ people reported trolls and they're still there. This morning I even gave the names of the MAJOR trolls out there and I almost got banned, which I personally think is stupid, for helping the community out and making the quest easier...

Either way, it's like they 'support' the trolls by not doing anything about it and to the people who actually gives a f--- about this quest and game is the ones who gets banned or suspended for trying to make the experience better.

This is very sad tbh...
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Is this quest even being looked to?

See the post right above you.

PS4 NA
  • RedZayRanger

I know. I've read it countless of times. Still doesn't satisfy me.
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭

I know. I've read it countless of times. Still doesn't satisfy me.

Unfortunately, that's all that we have at the moment to go off of. Maybe work on other quests or take a break until it's fixed?
    PS4 NA
  • ImperialDestiny
    Is this quest even being looked to? I'm on day 7 doing this annoying quest and it's the same every SINGLE time! Always packed with people and even if the room dies out to about 5-10 people, guess what? There's always gonna be that one a-hole (trolls) who messes up the entire quest.

Reporting doesn't do anything; both in-game and XBL. Me and about 20+ people reported trolls and they're still there. This morning I even gave the names of the MAJOR trolls out there and I almost got banned, which I personally think is stupid, for helping the community out and making the quest easier...

Either way, it's like they 'support' the trolls by not doing anything about it and to the people who actually gives a f--- about this quest and game is the ones who gets banned or suspended for trying to make the experience better.

This is very sad tbh...

Yeah it bums me out aswell, my recommendation is to make a new character in another faction, you never know might make a few new friends in those factions.
  • xIxSmokinxIx
    xIxSmokinxIx
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I've been waiting for a couple hours now and it simply is stuck on "defend the silvenar" Please fix this quest!
  • Brokenchain316
    Brokenchain316
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.

...seriously? weeks? all you have to do is make the npc invulnerable until its ok to kill her...
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.

...seriously? weeks? all you have to do is make the npc invulnerable until its ok to kill her...

The problem is not only that they have to rewrite the code (which is probably done by now), but they have to get the patch approved by the consoles before they can release them. Unfortunately, that can take a couple of weeks, since Sony and Microsoft have a lot of patches to test and they have to be thorough.
    PS4 NA
  • RedZayRanger
    Overall, this is stupid. Should've fix this on PC before they released this game on consoles, knowing it was also a problem on the PC, smh.
  • AJSnakeGaming
    AJSnakeGaming
    ✭✭
    So so so very frustrating :'(
    PS4 EU server.
  • Wolfy23
    Wolfy23
    Soul Shriven
    i really hope the patch happens soon, i started this quest roughly a week ago, too many trolls on that day, it really sucks if you recently started the quest and is not able to be complete, i did go do other quests but mind you i do want the exp from this quest
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    I was playing all the time but i come back to this over and over. I don't like the GW2 type PVP so I have found myself logging on just to check this quest. Really kills it that they sorta hinted at it having a fix this last maintenance.
    There is no try.
  • TheHeroQueen
    I was with a group of at least 40 people that just managed to complete this part of the quest. It took a few hours, but we got everyone out of the building and to the tree across from the door so the quest failed and reset, then one guy walked back inside to find the boss already spawned. We all rushed inside, killed her, then the waves of mobs spawned and the quest actually did what it was supposed to do.

Guys, she doesn't go down or interact with the Silvenar in any way! Everyone just needs either the "Defeat the Silvenar's Captor" or "Talk to the Silvenar" objectives, NOT "Defend the Silvenar"! If it is defend, you gotta get everyone out and over to the tree 'cause the quest is in the wrong instance/objective.

It was amazing, though. Everyone was yelling with joy, haha.
    Tilly | Tumblr | she/her | 24 | USA | Central Time
    S'Arabhi | Khajiit Nightblade | Werewolf | CP160 | AD | DPS
    Lorelei Bellamont | Breton Sorcerer | Vampire | CP160 | DC | DPS
    Sings-With-Blood | Argonian Templar | Vampire | 24 | EP
    Guildmaster of Anglerz of Tamriel
    ★ PS4 NA Server ★
  • alexandava
    This quest screws you on multiple levels. After a week of trying I finally got to Defend the Silvenar and now is another round of trying to get 20 people to coordinate. My advice is to not waste anytime on this chain.
  • odagreat1
    odagreat1
    Soul Shriven
    ?
    Edited by odagreat1 on July 9, 2015 4:37PM
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to come on here and tell everyone that it is possible to get this even though there are always trolls in there. I just finished this quest and Malabal Tor now. Luckily, there was only a few people in the room when I checked it and we finished the quest in under a minute.
    When we got to Silvenar, there was a bit of a problem finding the Hound Bewitchers, because there was about 25 of us running around the town killing them as soon as we saw them. So that took awhile but I finally did it.

I can't stop smiling and I felt like I accomplished something that is very difficult.

Keep having hope people!
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • RedZayRanger
    I literally hate everyone who've completed this quest.

Lol good job though, very lucky.
  • ROOtZN808
    ROOtZN808
    Soul Shriven
    Me and all of my friends said screw it theres too much problems to put up with. Time to play a game with no issues
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Any word why it wasn't patched at maintenance?
    There is no try.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    FMarin83 wrote: »

This is our latest update. We don't have any new info to share at this time.
    Hi everyone,

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • RedZayRanger
    FMarin83 wrote: »

This is our latest update. We don't have any new info to share at this time.
    Hi everyone,

Well, it's time for me to put this game back on the shelves until this is fixed. This is absurd.