Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    Well i saw it made us restart the quest from the beginning but was hoping they would have fixed this and just made it so we had to defeat the enemy no matter where they were...That or make it a solo instance.
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    The simplest thing would have been to make it a solo instance. Has anyone found a way to get this completed post patch? I haven't seen anything spawn apart from his purple soul running to his body downstairs
  • Baaliel
    Baaliel
    Soul Shriven
    Dont understand how they still cant get it right. I was so happy to read the patch notes but looks like its made no difference apart from repeating all the steps from a quest thats quite frankly beneath me
    Edited by Baaliel on July 29, 2015 10:42PM
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    I agree, as annoying as it was repeating the beginning of the quest again I didn't mind as I thought I could finally finish it. Couldn't believe it when no enemies were spawning downstairs on the defend part, not even one after waiting over an hour. The saddest part is the fact that it will take weeks again for a further patch. Disappointed is an understatement when this could easily have been solved by making it a solo instance
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    I almost got a tear when I finally completed this lol. Was annoying to wait so long and now overpowered for rest of the story lol
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    I have finished this quest. I ran down stairs once his purple soul spawned and after a few moments the enemies spawned. I don't know why people are having issues with the quest now.
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    Nothing spawns for me and the countless people who were downstairs waiting when I was
  • pilsner
    pilsner
    Soul Shriven
    Flint1985 wrote: »
    Nothing spawns for me and the countless people who were downstairs waiting when I was
    Yes, same here - And I suspect the number of people just hanging around is one of the things leading to the problem. I log out or leave instead and hope that other would do the same, which I think would increase everybody chanches of finishing it.

• 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Try logging in and out multiple times in the room, usually you end up in a working instance eventually.
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    Try logging in and out multiple times in the room, usually you end up in a working instance eventually.
    Yes, this is the way to do it now. Repeated relogging should eventually put you in a working instance.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ThisEndsWithUs
    Enodoc wrote: »
    21jws10 wrote: »
    Yes, this is the way to do it now. Repeated relogging should eventually put you in a working instance.
    I've tried this several times, and by several I mean close to 30 now :( still nothing! Tried at various times throughout the night to try and avoid peak times, but nothing, will try later on today or a few days time when the hype has hopefully died down!
  • pilsner
    pilsner
    Soul Shriven
    If nothing happens within a minute or so (probably there are more than a handful of people in the room) - just leave and come back some other time. If everyone does this instead of standing on bookshelves or whatever for hours on end, it will all go much quicker for everybody.

/Jörgen
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    My friend and me mainly just took our time doing the quest. If we saw other players on same stuff we tried to sit back a bit to give them a lead. That way when we got into there and had to talk to the Silvenar and then defend him there was only like 5 of us in there and a few came down steps while we were already on some waves...Though made me laugh almost the next quest after this felt bugged cause everyone is on it so took like 30 minutes to find 3 bewitchers :p .
  • chrystalwhite
    Even at 6 am the room is crowded and i cant finish it. Come one guys start fixxing it gees
    Aldmeri Dominion, European server.

Aedric spear Templar V1
    Playstation 4
  • chrystalwhite
    Zos can u please reply and log in for us ps4 users and see whats going on.

Aedric spear Templar V1
    Playstation 4
  • pilsner
    pilsner
    Soul Shriven
    Even at 6 am the room is crowded and i cant finish it. Come one guys start fixxing it gees
    Yep - it certainly didn't help that some people taped down their joysticks and went to bed. They ran in circles for hours - essentially, as far as I know, blocking anything from happening >:)
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    pilsner wrote: »
    Yep - it certainly didn't help that some people taped down their joysticks and went to bed. They ran in circles for hours - essentially, as far as I know, blocking anything from happening >:)

Happens a lot there. Also tapping R2 for constant hitting. Report them for botting!
  • chrystalwhite
    pilsner wrote: »

I know right just for bugging people. I reported like 6 people this morning who were all running around in tiny circles... stopping me and maybe 4 others to complete the quest. Ugh..

Aedric spear Templar V1
    Playstation 4
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    A fix for this quest is incoming and is currently live on the PTS, patch notes here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/200571/pts-patch-notes-v2-1/p1

Unfortunately I doubt this will be on the live servers until Imperial City is released.
  • Rafeee
    Rafeee
    Soul Shriven
    madness
  • pilsner
    pilsner
    Soul Shriven
    Ah! It finally worked out for me :) I had to get up at 4.30 this morning for other reasons, loaded up the game, ran up the hill and into the fort - only one other person just fending of the first wave, and together we had no problems whatsoever to deal with the enemies. A third person joined in right when we hit the last blow and - well, let us say I'm really pleased :)
    revonine wrote: »
    A fix for this quest is incoming and is currently live on the PTS, patch notes here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/200571/pts-patch-notes-v2-1/p1

Unfortunately I doubt this will be on the live servers until Imperial City is released.

That part of the fix is already in place - it helps, but does not resolve all issues...

/Jörgen
  • MatioFrench
    I had not encountered this quest before the last patch but was very afraid that once I got there I would have major issues.

That was not the case. Whatever they have done to fix the quest worked for me, as I had no hiccups whatsoever. If anyone is still having trouble I would recommend abandoning the quest to start it over and try it new.

I have also been told if you sit on the character select screen for 20+ minutes and then log in to the room it will give you a near clean instance as well. This was a pre-patch workaround, so not even sure if that's needed now.