Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anakee
    The support here is better than in other games. Trust me I've seen worse.
    Miqula wrote: »
    You can skip this quest and come back when it's fixxed. It is not game breaking.
    Right, but it's not the only quest with the Silvenar which is broken. I stuck also on "Moonshine Path". It's the same annoying bug.

I have no problem with such bugs in a side quest, but this one of the main story quests. I think we can expect, that they tested this part properly. Actually I wish the mobs would kill the Silvenar in the prision. So that we have no further quests with him....
    They did test the quest properly, and it works fine if there's only one or two players there. What they didn't account for (or properly stress-test) is loads of players there at once. There were so many quests at PC launch (including this one) that bugged out due to number of players causing the server to contradict itself. Most never had fixes implemented (like this one) because the issue went away on its own as players spread out more.

Since it is part of the Alliance Story and not the Main Quest, it is possible to skip them both and come back later. but in doing so you will be delaying your access to Coldharbour until Level 45. (Story-based access to Coldharbour is granted at the end of the Alliance Story or at Level 45, whichever comes first.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • PseudoMaiden
    PseudoMaiden
    Soul Shriven
    Many many of us finished this quest, this week killing her on her spawn point. Groups have waited... And she doesn't go down.

Kill her right where she stands, if your quest does not advance - it is due to someone being bugged and local quest sharing... No amount of waiting, moving to the door, hiding at the door, no amount of anything except clearing everyone on the quest out of the tower and to the tree will correct the quest. If you have stood upstairs for more than 1 minute.... Your quest is bugged and you are wasting time standing there.

I see the GM posted the down stairs thing and I hope they watch the video and test it themselves, so they can re tract their comment. It would help a ton because I understand this is where one rumor has started. But it is not so. I helped hundreds of people through this quest and we all killed her right on her spawn, as she never went down stairs unless aggroed. And pulling her down while the defend script is running and killing her down there during the waves bugs the zone. I've had it happen many times.

Plenty of people tried that I was one of them what I noticed is if there's too many people downstairs she takes forever to re spawn as well. The way I did it was to go to the location of the quest and log out and log back in the morning it was 6:20CT for me I was able to complete it because there were only 2 other people inside the building at that time and you are able to talk to the Silvenar. I had the same issue with the moonlit quest and did the same logged out in the quest area and came back this morning and it was empty the quest wasn't bugged and I was able to finish it.
    Edited by PseudoMaiden on July 17, 2015 4:13PM
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished this quest, shout out to the guy that was acting like a guide to everyone that walked into the room.

He helped dozens of people finish.
  • clyptic
    clyptic
    Soul Shriven
    Yet another testimony of completion here. Logged in after the last server maintenance, teleported to malabal tor, and had a little NASCAR race with 50-60 people up the hill to that God forsaken fortress. We all entered as the waves were spawning for people I assume had logged on in the fortress itself. We all finished together only to get crammed up on the following quests. Super lulz.

It can be completed at key moments in time. Other than that you are only wasting your time. Go out there, keep adventuring, don't let this hiccup stall your levelling process! We need more veterans!
    Edited by clyptic on July 18, 2015 3:21AM
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can skip this quest and come back when it's fixxed. It is not game breaking.

It's not game breaking but it's still frustrating for people who like to complete quests in order and not be interrupted from a storyline for three weeks.

Yes we can skip it for now, but the point is that attention needs to be brought to the issue if it is ever going to be fixed.

Also, the longer this goes on the more of a log-jam there will be once more people reach this part of the story (i.e. bottleneck).
    PS4 NA
  • DudeWheresMyRPG
    Walked in to the castle one day and a random person said "If you want to finish the quest, go downstairs and talk to the Silvenar" there were maybe 5 people down there. We killed the attackers, and BAM I COMPLETED IT. 3 WEEKS LATER!!!!!
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    Aww Dude! I hope that was a day I was helping
  • Rafeee
    Rafeee
    Soul Shriven
    So frustrating. I want to complete the quest and people never seem to organise them selves. I am yet to see under 20 people in the room. Miqula is you are ever on the PS4 Europ server let me know really need to get round this. PSN Stoatee
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    Xbox one sorries!

Try early in the morning, between 4am and 9 am eat seems like the best times. Sit by the door or down stairs and log in and out until you get it. If you pop in to an instance where there are people downstairs killing the waves, you will get completion credit no matter what your quest says. Just be sure to kill the chief and not let anyone pull those waves upstairs! If the upstairs capture and the downstairs waves get killed together, it can bug the quest for everyone.

Good luck =) you can do this, it isn't impossible
  • Thee_TrueGamer
    Thee_TrueGamer
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't found a quick and easy solution, but I do have a video showing HOW the quest is supposed to be completed. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/198076/video-aid-for-how-the-prisoner-of-jathsogur-is-supposed-to-be-done#latest
    Edited by Thee_TrueGamer on July 21, 2015 3:24AM
    "May the gods keep the wolves in the hills, and our women in our beds"
  • Rafeee
    Rafeee
    Soul Shriven
    I have tried logging in and out but it doesn't seem to change server always the same ppl. I set an alarm for 4am this morning and tried but there was still around 30 people there its crazy and tons of trolls
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    It may take many tries and the weekends are far more populated than weekday mornings.

Patience and persistence.

And obviously, Zeni needs to correct the way this tower works.
  • Rafeee
    Rafeee
    Soul Shriven
    Yh true but if they havent correct it on the PC still I highly doubt they will on the console however I think everyone is complaining to them directly but maybe if you complain to microsoft or sony about the game being broken the process may get expedited as unlike on the PC broken games are meant to get fixed fast on the consoles.
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Reposting for anyone just finding this thread.

Latest update as of July 2
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.

It has been a couple of weeks, so we should be getting closer to a fix! Hopefully they will announce when they have finished coding, so we know if we are just waiting for the patch to be approved by Sony/Microsoft.
    PS4 NA
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    They did test the quest properly, and it works fine if there's only one or two players there.

Yes you're right. But then it should be a single dungeon in the first place. It's the same with "Moonshine Path". I stucked there a for a while. This Saturday morning, I logged in and was alone there. The quest started and I could finish this one.

The Prisoner I'm still not able to finish. Too many people there, all the times (also night times). I'm not able to find a slot, when nobody is there. It's almost impossible to manage the people on the EU server... it's a mess.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not bad going for a problem ZO has known about for over a year and not fixed ... and consequently ported the same failed coding into the console ESO.

Serious fail folks.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Adamsy
    Adamsy
    just got extremely lucky and got passed 'prison of jothsogur' :D (2nd character to get passed it) now i'm wondering since my friends are still stuck on this quest is it possible to share the next part of the quest 'a wedding to attend'? Just wondering what would happen to be honest, would they still need to do the prison or what?
    Edited by Adamsy on July 23, 2015 8:01AM
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    Adamsy wrote: »
    just got extremely lucky and got passed 'prison of jothsogur' :D (2nd character to get passed it) now i'm wondering since my friends are still stuck on this quest is it possible to share the next part of the quest 'a wedding to attend'? Just wondering what would happen to be honest, would they still need to do the prison or what?

How did you do it? Stuck since 3 weeks with this quest. It's the only one I'm missing in the Dominion.

• Adamsy
    Adamsy

How did you do it? Stuck since 3 weeks with this quest. It's the only one I'm missing in the Dominion.

got really lucky signed on today right after the server reboot, at least 40 others got it done to.
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    got really lucky signed on today right after the server reboot, at least 40 others got it done to.

Okay you're really lucky! I think when I'm comming home tonight, it won't work for me again... that really sucks...
  • MikeyV611
    MikeyV611
    Mob mentality has set in. While people are upstairs triggering the NPC twenty people are in the basement trying to report me for sexual harassment for just being in the building.
    Edited by MikeyV611 on July 23, 2015 1:16PM
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭

If they haven't finished The Prisoner, they will not be able to really help with the next step. They will not see the characters that you are speaking with. Depending on the setup (I haven't gotten past it yet, so I don't know what the next quest is, exactly), you may even be in different layers and unable to see each other. If it is not a layer thing, then they could probably help you with combat, but that's about it.
    PS4 NA
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    I am shocked they haven't fixed it. It is basically impossible to do cause you have so many trolls standing in the spawn point or when the captor does attack they finish them off right away. I am in the room now and basically 4 idiots dancing in their underwear in the spawn point. I get they said takes some extra work to fix, but seriously this has been an issue from what it sounds like since PC....I want to progress my character, but guess I will just work on others and hope a patch comes out soon.
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • Sjarex
    Sjarex
    Soul Shriven
    I'M STUCK ON "THE PRISONER OF JATHSOGUR." WHAT DO I DO?
    Updated 07/20/2015 02:34 PM Published 06/22/2015 10:08 AM

We are aware that some players are having difficulty completing the quest "The Prisoner of Jathsogur" and will implement a fix as part of the next incremental patch.

In order to complete the quest, players must allow the enemies that appear upstairs to travel downstairs before they are attacked. This quest does not need to be completed in order to progress from Malabal Tor into Reaper's March. Players can also return at any time to try and finish the quest.

We as a community need to share this with anyone at the quest site so people can finish this quest.
    -The more I play MMORPG's, the more I lose sense of th...............huh?!?

Healer Extraordinaire
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished this quest a couple of weeks ago but I had to go back to Malabal Tor for an Enchantment Survey, so I went up there to see if people were having a hard time still.

I am amazed that there are so many people trolling the area still!!

There was about three people upstairs. I tried tell everyone what you had to do to finish it but then I went to the basement to find 30 people down there firing arrows and spells and their animals running all over the place.

I decided I wasted too much time on this quest already to try to help anyone that hasn't gotten past it yet.

Just keep trying and you'll get it but don't waste anytime trying to organize people.

FYI, I completed "The Moonlit Path" without a problem. A lot of people are claiming the same thing as this quest.

The Silvenar can defend himself for now on.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    Sjarex wrote: »

We are aware that some players are having difficulty completing the quest "The Prisoner of Jathsogur" and will implement a fix as part of the next incremental patch.

In order to complete the quest, players must allow the enemies that appear upstairs to travel downstairs before they are attacked. This quest does not need to be completed in order to progress from Malabal Tor into Reaper's March. Players can also return at any time to try and finish the quest.

We as a community need to share this with anyone at the quest site so people can finish this quest.
    There is no point cause trolls stand in the middle where they spawn so it won't respawn, and then when it does appear they take it out right away....Let alone the quest log is bugged cause at times you go in and says what I assume suppose to say "defeat the captor" but other times it jumps straight to "defend the silvornar." So yeah....They just should release a patch that fixes this and sooner than later....
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • RegularX
    RegularX
    Soul Shriven
    This was one of three quests in the Aldmeri storyline I've had this kind of bug with (so far, I'm only to "Moonlit Path"). Nothing to be done but wait for an instance with the spawn working correctly. Took me a few days.
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    Sjarex wrote: »

That's a wrong information! She spawns and does not go down by herself! If you pull her, she's in defend mode and the quest will not triggered. Trust me, tried this a lot of times!

There are also a lot of trolls. A lot of them with the title "Hero of the Dominion". Why the hell are those assh.... in there? They already made it! No need to bother others and killing/blocking the mobs!!

And yes, Zeni tell it's in the next patch. Hey dudes, nice to know, but when we can expect it? That's the information we want....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also a lot of trolls. A lot of them with the title "Hero of the Dominion". Why the hell are those assh.... in there? They already made it! No need to bother others and killing/blocking the mobs!!
    It's highly likely that those players skipped the quest earlier, finished the rest of the AD quests (and so got the title) and are coming back now to try and get this one completed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    It's highly likely that those players skipped the quest earlier, finished the rest of the AD quests (and so got the title) and are coming back now to try and get this one completed.

Serious question. Is this even possible?If I check my achievments, there is only this quest and the following wedding quest missing to get this achievement for the title.

I was farming the skyshards yesterday in Malabal Tor. I did this with my mount. So I went totaly accross the map. I didn't found any open quests there. Caves/Dungeons also all done. Maybe I'm missing something?

Is there a way to check ingame all completed quests for an area (PS4)?

Edited by Cyb3rPunk76 on July 24, 2015 9:04AM