Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• Karlsonation
    Oh alright, that's good to hear. I get the message that there is no penalty for leaving this quest unfinished and moving on then, correct? That seems to be the only option, but I don't want to cause any story-related issues down the road. I was looking forward to unlocking that cool Falinesti green dye as well, dang it!

I was also wondering if the other two alliances have any game-breaking quest glitches currently unpatched?
  • arist0katz
    arist0katz
    Soul Shriven
    So relieved that I was finally able to finish this quest this morning!
  • xOuroboros
    arist0katz wrote: »

Same. :smiley: People were getting it done within the first few hours then it got clustered really bad.
    We do, yes, and we have a fix (more of a redesign, really) for both quests planned to go out in the next incremental patch, after it passes first party certification. It will likely be next week. Unfortunately, it is not something we can hotfix in, or we would have.

Well at least The Prisoner of Jathsogur and Moonlit path will be fixed soon.

By the way the quote was from a private message. =/
  • kenneth.moenb16_ESO
    kenneth.moenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    xOuroboros wrote: »
    arist0katz wrote: »

Same. :smiley: People were getting it done within the first few hours then it got clustered really bad.
    We do, yes, and we have a fix (more of a redesign, really) for both quests planned to go out in the next incremental patch, after it passes first party certification. It will likely be next week. Unfortunately, it is not something we can hotfix in, or we would have.

Well at least The Prisoner of Jathsogur and Moonlit path will be fixed soon.

By the way the quote was from a private message. =/

They need to fix The Harvest Heart Stage 2... Defend the ritual sites...

I seriously can't believe the QA team let this game pass with this gamebreaking bug...
  • zenoe1562
    zenoe1562
    Soul Shriven
    I can't wait for this to be fixed, I have moved on to Reapers March until it's fixed, even though I didn't really want to because I like progressing through areas as I complete the alliance quests
  • Karlsonation
    Yeah, I don't know why this has put such a hamper on the game for me, but it has. I was having a blast with it for the last couple weeks since launch, having almost no issues and only the occasional lag every once in a while. But now I get to this game-halting bug and it stopped my progression in the story altogether. It's really not a big deal, but I'm just worried it will still take a while to be fixed. Fingers crossed that the patch is next week and this gets resolved!
  • mikwin
    mikwin
    ✭✭
    Why don't people get what is going on here? Everyone keeps killing drauginess or what ever when you need to wait for it to go down stairs so you can DEFEND silvenar.

But instead everyone sits where it spawns and kills it over and over again, if something isn't going as planned its obvious you try a new method like going downstairs and defending silvenar.
  • hizerslougha
    hizerslougha
    Soul Shriven
    So, What's really happening, if someone has not already pointed out, is people trolling the initial npc. Literally waiting until it spawns and insta-kills it.

It's hard to see who is doing it when their are 30 people in the room. So only once was someone able to be reported.
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Wow what a mess. I saw this first hand tonight , and can't believe there hasn't been a hot fix of some type. Guess I'll be trying odd times as well to complete.
    PS4 NA
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    I think an update from ZoS is in order! I'm in week 2 stuck on this quest and my new character is getting close to this quest. I refuse to make a character on another faction because it's AD or death!
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Reposting for anyone just finding this thread. This is the latest update that we have (in this thread, at least).

From June 26
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.

PS4 NA
  • XavierTC
    XavierTC
    Soul Shriven
    At some point can't we just report all of the player standing around the spawn? Since they are all currently trolling for the most part...
  • mikwin
    mikwin
    ✭✭
    Can't you just make this quest solo or something? This is getting really annoying now and more so because people are just messing about. How can people stand there so long and just run in circles and kill that boss to not advance the quest i don't know.
  • ericburns
    ericburns
    We are trying to work together right now to complete this but we haven't seen her spawn for about an hour. There are 2 or 3 people that are breaking the game for us. We are trying to report them and are writing that they are breaking the quest. Please tell me you will kick them from the game
  • BalekFekete
    For what it's worth, it is possible to get past this. Was stuck for a few days, but logged in early one evening to a group killing off the initial spawned mob up in the main room. The rest of the quest progressed as expected and I was able to complete it.

TL;DR - don't lose hope ... it can be done.
    "Beer is proof that God love us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Karlsonation
    It's just silly to wait around for a long time then have someone ruin it for you when the slim chance of completing it actually happens. No, I'll wait for the patch and try not to let it get in the way of having fun with the game. Nothing quite takes the taste out of peanut butter as game-breaking glitches, though.

Is anyone else slightly annoyed that they're working on crown store mounts, pets, etc. when there's actual broken gameplay that needs addressing?

Okay, anyways, /rant... I hate whining so much since there's more than enough of that on these forums already, but I really just want this fixed!
    Edited by Karlsonation on July 2, 2015 3:18PM
  • ericburns
    ericburns
    Hasn't spawned once today
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

As an update, we do still plan to roll out a fix for the issues impacting completion of this quest and The Moonlit Path, in the next incremental patch. (And all console patches must go through certification.) As mentioned previously, this is not something we can hotfix--we're redesigning how these quests complete to prevent the current issue from happening. Unfortunately, that patch is now a few weeks out at this time. In the meantime, you may be able to complete these quests when there are fewer players around, or immediately after a server reboot. We do apologize for the frustration--please know that we genuinely are working to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thank you for the update!
    PS4 NA
  • LXLC0Y0TELXL
    LXLC0Y0TELXL
    Soul Shriven
    Why hasn't anything been done about this yet. You have players that have already completed this quest trolling the spawn areas asking to be paid off in order for them to leave. Why hasn't a GM showed up at this area and done something to these players that are trolling?
  • Soulofmisery
    Soulofmisery
    Soul Shriven
    Exactly send a gm in the area and I bet they will leave this is getting really agitating since you can't progress with the factions storyline without completely this quest
  • Ziraous
    Ziraous
    My boyfriend and I are just waiting until they fix it. We went onwards with our other quests and haven't had a problem. I would suggest the same thing until there is an actual fix for the quest.
    ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~
    Lvl V 1 Vamp High Elf Templar PS4
    ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~
    My Crafting Tracker
  • Soulofmisery
    Soulofmisery
    Soul Shriven
    I know you can move on but its like the vampire and werewolf bite problem guilds and people are using it as a resource to get gold for themselves.
  • ROOtZN808
    ROOtZN808
    Soul Shriven
    Yess please fiix this as it is the end of the world lol
  • Gemini-Cru
    Gemini-Cru
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Everyone,

I managed to do this last night with a few others. I also captured the video in case it would help others.

See here: http://youtu.be/lIZjgsEmGlY
  • ericburns
    ericburns
    I JUST COMPLETED IT DOING THAT! I JUST WOKE UP AND TRIED IT! ME AND ONE OTHER GUYS WERE THE INLY ONES IN THE ROOM! I CANT BELIEVE IT!
  • Sewn2gthrWrong
    Sewn2gthrWrong
    Soul Shriven
    I figured out a way to help everyone deal with this quest breaking bug...eventually you will, as I did, get tired of waiting to complete this quest. Then inevitably, you will move on. But every time you load a new area you will hear the speech from that quest. I recommend taking a shot every time you hear this. I've been doing it for about three hours now and I've had about ten shots...that's right, turned it into a drinking game. My other guild mates have also joined in on the fun. So instead of bitching just play the game, get drunk and forget about the prison in the fortress on the hill...
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    I finished this today after several attempts. Only because the server was dead on July 4th when I got on. Wooot there was fireworks on my screen afterwards ....
    PS4 NA
  • abyssmu
    abyssmu
    I literally just completed this. I know it's been posted about before, but I'm gonna restate it.

To complete it you have to have literally everybody outside by the tree and have your quest tracker read "Talk to the Silvenar".

Once you somehow manage this feat, go in and then kill the lady. There will be a ghost of the Silvenar spawn from the crystal behind her and go down the stairs. Follow it and talk to the Silvenar and then fight the incoming waves of mobs and so on.

It's a rather simple concept, but incredibly difficult to execute. :sweat: Best of luck!!
  • GT459
    GT459
    This is ridiculous. Why is this not a solo instance?

The amount of players who just completely ignore the 20+ people waiting, shouting DO NOT ATTACK THE ADD is shocking.

It's not like we enjoy standing around doing nothing for 2+ hours.