Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let everyone know, this quest is still possible to do you just have to get everyone out of the spawn point and over by the bookshelves on the main floor (the floor where you come in). I just did it with about 20 to 30 other players.
    A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground.
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    hobbers3 wrote: »
    is it still possible to get the malabal tor adventurer achievement? as im stuck on this quest with only one more quest to get the 40 out of 40 and there doesnt seem to be any more

There should be more. I'm pretty certain I got it (I'm not at home right now so I can't check for sure). There are plenty of extra quests in every area that will take you past the amount you need for the adventurer achievements. Remember to check every delve and dungeon (group dungeons, to, if you haven't), as well as wandering around into the areas with less icons on the map. You never know when you'll stumble upon a new one.
    PS4 NA
  • sheogorak
    sheogorak
    I am on the "defeat the silvenar's captor" right now. when I leave the building it doesn't revert back to "defend the silvenar" step like it does other people. the quest marker is show him to be right on top of me but nobody is there. apparently this has been a problem for a while now so when is this going to be fixed?
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    @sheogorak One of the ZOS employees stated that they are working on a fix. Given that programming takes a while, it will be at least a couple weeks. Hopefully it will be in the next patch, if not then possibly the one after. It depends how often they do patches.
    PS4 NA
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.

Adding this update to this page for those who are just finding this thread.
    PS4 NA
  • sheogorak
    sheogorak
    @FireflyNeph okay thank you for the update!
  • xOuroboros
    @FireflyNeph When did you get it? Also on what system? I currently still have not seen it spawn since 1:00 am est on June 26th for the Xbox version. It is kind of stupid how we might not be able to finish or able to complete it until Monday if not farther doing the road when the patch comes out (2 weeks+). I would of loved it if they restarted the server at 12:00 am est but instead they canceled it due to people being able to get on a minute before.
    Edited by xOuroboros on June 28, 2015 4:57AM
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    @xOuroboros I still haven't gotten it (I'm on PS4 NA). The enemies have seemed to stop spawning entirely, from the last few times I hung out in there. Due to them not spawning, I've set it aside for now and turned down the dialogue volume (yes, I know you're on that hill over there...). I plan to come back and check after the patch to see if it is fixed (I stop by for at least an hour every couple of days anyway, just in case). The story in Reaper's March is entirely separate, so I moved on and am now in the Veteran Ranks working on Cadwell's Silver. It will mean not really benefiting from the last quest and a half or so in Malabal Tor, but I would rather finish the story and get pointless rewards for two quests than just give it up entirely or waste hours waiting that I could be spending enjoying the game. So, my recommendation would be to just set it aside and come back when the fix arrives.
    PS4 NA
  • xOuroboros
    @xOuroboros I still haven't gotten it (I'm on PS4 NA). The enemies have seemed to stop spawning entirely, from the last few times I hung out in there. Due to them not spawning, I've set it aside for now and turned down the dialogue volume (yes, I know you're on that hill over there...). I plan to come back and check after the patch to see if it is fixed (I stop by for at least an hour every couple of days anyway, just in case). The story in Reaper's March is entirely separate, so I moved on and am now in the Veteran Ranks working on Cadwell's Silver. It will mean not really benefiting from the last quest and a half or so in Malabal Tor, but I would rather finish the story and get pointless rewards for two quests than just give it up entirely or waste hours waiting that I could be spending enjoying the game. So, my recommendation would be to just set it aside and come back when the fix arrives.
    @FireflyNeph Alright thanks but is it possible to get the Malabal Tor Adventurer? I currently am at 37/40. =/
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    @xOuroboros I'm not 100% sure, but I would imagine so. Most areas seemed to have a few extra little quests. Have you done all of the ones in the public dungeons and the delves that have them? According to a list of quests I looked up (UESP wiki and IGN) in Malabal Tor, there are 44 quests not counting the Prisoner and the following quests or the Guild quests.I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that it is still able to be achieved. If not, then you will get it once they patch the quest.
    PS4 NA
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    It is still possible to get 'Malabal Tor Master Explorer' -- which includes Pathfinder and Cave Delver (Xbox -- have them all, but still stuck)

Last quest I have for the section and annoyingly its a main for the area. But, it doesn't seem to matter for 'Reapers March' the next location.
    Edited by cbbred on June 28, 2015 7:57AM
    Xbox-NA
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    I can wait for the patch, but please find a way to stop the quest dialog that appears EVERY time I fast travel or enter a place that has any sort of loading.

'... I can see my prison. The fortress on the hill. Come up.'

make it stop!
    Edited by cbbred on June 28, 2015 9:05AM
    Xbox-NA
  • joshd7790
    joshd7790
    What would make this quest easier atm is if zenimax just came in the game and completed the quest for us IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASKK??!!!?!

Admin just do something fast wayy to many people here!
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    cbbred wrote: »
    I can wait for the patch, but please find a way to stop the quest dialog that appears EVERY time I fast travel or enter a place that has any sort of loading.

'... I can see my prison. The fortress on the hill. Come up.'

make it stop!

In the options you can turn down the dialogue volume, essentially muting it. You may not be able to hear other NPCs when they are talking, but you can still read the script, or turn it up if you don't plan to fast travel for a while.
    PS4 NA
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    joshd7790 wrote: »
    What would make this quest easier atm is if zenimax just came in the game and completed the quest for us IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASKK??!!!?!

Admin just do something fast wayy to many people here!

Given the way in which the quest is broken, there isn't really anything that they can do to just "give" the quest to us. Unfortunately, going in and organizing people won't help, either, since there are trolls who will intentionally ignore them and people who wouldn't be in area chat to know what is going on. They are working on a fix, however, so by the time you finish some other quests, even the main story and the Guilds, they will be much closer to patching it. Once they do, it should be quick to just come back and finish it. Moving on will not spoil anything, story-wise, and shouldn't bug anything out when they fix it.
    PS4 NA
  • xOuroboros
    @FireflyNeph You forgot that there are trolls in area chat too so that really doesn't help. If they fixed the spawning issue where the NPC/Enemy stops spawning, then at certain times of the day people will be able to complete it. For example yesterday when the server had a problem yesterday it was only me and one other person, the funny thing though was that the NPC/Enemy was not spawning... If the NPC/Enemy had spawned we would of completed it =/

Organizing works at certain times too but it all depends on other few people still.
  • Kylarstern91
    By!mp
  • Gutlag
    Gutlag
    I logged on as soon as the last update was finalised and did it then. I was the only person in the tower.
    GT. Gutlag
    Drellkellous - High Elf Sorcerer, Werewolf. Aldmeri Dominion.
    Daggard - Imperial Templar. Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Kylarstern91
    Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky people who got the glitch that makes you re download all 15 gigs of patches. So by the time I got on the room was full again
  • hibbles
    hibbles
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.

• Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I abandoned the quest and rode my ugly horse up to reaper's march. Not sure if i missed anything but can't say i was too happy about it. It "broke My immersion" pretty hard. Plus there were like 50 people chattering all gathered in the quest area, it was pretty ridiculous.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on June 29, 2015 8:36PM
  • Karlsonation
    I have arrived at the game-breaking glitch as well. There was a naked dance off party going down in the castle, it was actually pretty hilarious until I realized that I won't be able to complete the whole region's main storyline now. I am apparently in the minority here with my limited knowledge, but why do patches take weeks to make and issue?
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    I have arrived at the game-breaking glitch as well. There was a naked dance off party going down in the castle, it was actually pretty hilarious until I realized that I won't be able to complete the whole region's main storyline now. I am apparently in the minority here with my limited knowledge, but why do patches take weeks to make and issue?

Without getting too technical, programming is a long process. They have to go in and find within the code what exactly is messed up, then figure out how to rewrite/rework it. Small but obvious bugs would only take a couple of days, but given the size of this issue it is a lot of code rewriting that they will need to do. Writing code is a fairly slow process in general, so writing something of this scale will take quite a bit of time. Once the code is actually done, they will just have to package with the rest of their fixes and distribute it.
    PS4 NA
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without getting too technical, programming is a long process. They have to go in and find within the code what exactly is messed up, then figure out how to rewrite/rework it. Small but obvious bugs would only take a couple of days, but given the size of this issue it is a lot of code rewriting that they will need to do. Writing code is a fairly slow process in general, so writing something of this scale will take quite a bit of time. Once the code is actually done, they will just have to package with the rest of their fixes and distribute it.

Programming does not always have to be a long process. The main reason for console patches taking a long time is the certification. Sony or Microsoft needs to check the patch to make sure it works before they sign it and make it available for download. This is why consoles won't ever have any quick fixes to things that require any code changes to the client. Server-side hotfixes can still be performed by ZOS without involving Sony or MS, though.
  • Karlsonation
    Well at any rate, I feel bad for the people who have been waiting on this patch for over a week. Is this also a problem on PC? If so, those poor souls have gotten the shaft for a very long time.

I was playing happily with almost no issues until I ran into this one. It's not a huge deal; I'll just do the other quests and move on to the next region, but it is rather irritating that it takes so long to fix something so crippling to experiencing the game.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at any rate, I feel bad for the people who have been waiting on this patch for over a week. Is this also a problem on PC? If so, those poor souls have gotten the shaft for a very long time.
    Not any more, but there were a load of issues where there were too many players in an area at once, causing similar issues to quest progression, closer to the PC original release. As players spread out more due to progressing at different rates, the issues mostly went away.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 30, 2015 2:36PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • LatinLegacy
    LatinLegacy
    ✭✭
    Was able to log in as soon as the servers went up. Myself & around 30 other players were able to complete it at the same time. Not sure if it's glitched again now after the first wave of players got it done. Just glad I was able to :D.
  • xOuroboros
    Was able to log in as soon as the servers went up. Myself & around 30 other players were able to complete it at the same time. Not sure if it's glitched again now after the first wave of players got it done. Just glad I was able to :D.

It has also fixed the moonlit quest in reapers march too for now. =) Alright I got both done right as soon as the servers came up.
    Edited by xOuroboros on June 30, 2015 3:08PM
  • Karlsonation
    Great, so there's a bugged quest just like this in Reaper's March as well? That really sucks. Maybe I'll just play a different alliance altogether until this stuff is fixed.
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Great, so there's a bugged quest just like this in Reaper's March as well? That really sucks. Maybe I'll just play a different alliance altogether until this stuff is fixed.

The one in Reaper's March isn't nearly as big an issue as this one. Many people, myself included, were able to complete it without issue. You should be able to complete it fairly easily, as long as there aren't many players in there with you. If there are, just come back a short while later and you should be able to finish it.
    Edited by FireflyNeph on June 30, 2015 5:59PM
    PS4 NA